Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,358 members, 7,808,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Ever Wondered Why Blackberry Smartphones Have No Radio - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ever Wondered Why Blackberry Smartphones Have No Radio (1777 Views)

Have You Ever Wondered Why '5' Is Always Dotted Or Marked On Your Phone Keypad? / Ever Wondered Why The NO: 5 On Every Phone Keyboard Has A Dot Behind It? / Reasons Why Blackberry Remain Better Than Android & Iphones In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Wondered Why Blackberry Smartphones Have No Radio by sweetestguy(m): 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
My mum always give me wahala whenever I want to use her phone to listen to an important programme on radio.She would say I have a blackberry phone and I'm asking her for her nokia torch.She won't just understand.So I jus de wonder why BB phones no get radio
Re: Ever Wondered Why Blackberry Smartphones Have No Radio by sats: 9:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
u need to upgrade ur device or OS to 7.1 if u really want radio
Re: Ever Wondered Why Blackberry Smartphones Have No Radio by dominique(f): 12:24am On Sep 16, 2013
I downloaded one thinking its the conventional fm radio. Turned out to be internet radio. I don't want to go the upgrade route jor. It messes up phones sometimes.
Re: Ever Wondered Why Blackberry Smartphones Have No Radio by Nobody: 4:00am On Sep 16, 2013
ask tecno
Re: Ever Wondered Why Blackberry Smartphones Have No Radio by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:03am On Sep 16, 2013
some models do.

I know one cheap one that sells for like 24k that has radio hardware.
Re: Ever Wondered Why Blackberry Smartphones Have No Radio by walcolm(m): 7:57am On Sep 16, 2013
dominique: I downloaded one thinking its the conventional fm radio. Turned out to be internet radio. I don't want to go the upgrade route jor. It messes up phones sometimes.

there are many radio apps on BBWorld. what BB OS are using?
Re: Ever Wondered Why Blackberry Smartphones Have No Radio by Mafia4life(m): 9:40am On Sep 16, 2013
Dont be deceived. It is hardware dependant. Any radio app you see here and there is either internet-based or Frequency-based. A software/app can never turn to a hardware

2 Likes

Re: Ever Wondered Why Blackberry Smartphones Have No Radio by dominique(f): 10:00am On Sep 16, 2013
walcolm:

there are many radio apps on BBWorld. what BB OS are using?

5.10 I think. That's the os that came with the phone and I don't intend to upgrade. I found about 100 radios on bbworld but was discouraged after downloading the internet radio. Are the real fm radios on the bb appworld?
Re: Ever Wondered Why Blackberry Smartphones Have No Radio by walcolm(m): 10:28am On Sep 16, 2013
dominique:

5.10 I think. That's the os that came with the phone and I don't intend to upgrade. I found about 100 radios on bbworld but was discouraged after downloading the internet radio. Are the real fm radios on the bb appworld?

BBOS5.1 shocked that is like committing a sin...how can you be using OS5.1? i stopped using my Bold 2 aka 9700 in January 2012 and i had been running OS 6 on it for more than 6 months before that

this is 2013 and you are using OS5? no nah...you can't complain if your phone has problem jor

the only thing you get when you update your BBOS is better performance. you are shortchanging yourself by sticking to old outdated software
Re: Ever Wondered Why Blackberry Smartphones Have No Radio by Zet72(m): 10:36am On Sep 16, 2013
walcolm:

BBOS5.1 shocked that is like committing a sin...how can you be using OS5.1? i stopped using my Bold 2 aka 9700 in January 2012 and i had been running OS 6 on it for more than 6 months before that

this is 2013 and you are using OS5? no nah...you can't complain if your phone has problem jor

the only thing you get when you update your BBOS is better performance. you are shortchanging yourself by sticking to old outdated software
But does latest bb comes with terrestrial radio ( hard ware radio)?
Re: Ever Wondered Why Blackberry Smartphones Have No Radio by OCTAVO: 11:18am On Sep 16, 2013
Mafia4life: Dont be deceived. It is hardware dependant. Any radio app you see here and there is either internet-based or Frequency-based. A software/app can never turn to a hardware
God bless you!!!
Pls tell them.
Any radio app you download will surely connect to the Internet for performance.
Radio is a hardware thing!
Re: Ever Wondered Why Blackberry Smartphones Have No Radio by Mucokey(m): 11:19am On Sep 16, 2013
Do BBs now come with terrestrial Radios...YES. Try checking up on Curve 7. It has inbuilt Radio...
Re: Ever Wondered Why Blackberry Smartphones Have No Radio by walcolm(m): 11:23am On Sep 16, 2013
Zet72: But does latest bb comes with terrestrial radio ( hard ware radio)?

yep, the hardware is there that is why there are radio apps available on the BBWorld

those BB devices that do not have the hardware to support the radio apps won't be able to install those apps.

if you can find the radio apps, and it doesn't show you a red flag that it is not compatible with your BB, that means your BB has the hardware component to make it work
Re: Ever Wondered Why Blackberry Smartphones Have No Radio by Zet72(m): 12:03pm On Sep 16, 2013
walcolm:

yep, the hardware is there that is why there are radio apps available on the BBWorld

those BB devices that do not have the hardware to support the radio apps won't be able to install those apps.

if you can find the radio apps, and it doesn't show you a red flag that it is not compatible with your BB, that means your BB has the hardware component to make it work
ok thanks
Re: Ever Wondered Why Blackberry Smartphones Have No Radio by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2013
Well, I upgraded my torch2 to the latest OS but, still no radio
Re: Ever Wondered Why Blackberry Smartphones Have No Radio by walcolm(m): 12:29pm On Sep 16, 2013
Worwor: Well, I upgraded my torch2 to the latest OS but, still no radio

install nobex radio...i was using nobex radio on my Bold 2 and i have it on my Z10 currently
Re: Ever Wondered Why Blackberry Smartphones Have No Radio by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 16, 2013
walcolm:

install nobex radio...i was using nobex radio on my Bold 2 and i have it on my Z10 currently
it doesn't work without internet

(1) (Reply)

Solution to Low Internal Storage Memory On Android Phones / 4.5" Silex Android Phone At N5,999! / “Hi OS” Is Tecno’s Android OS Coming Soon - What To Expect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.