Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? (12574 Views)

I Have 1 Million Naira ,pls Advise Me On What Car To Buy / What Car Should I Get? (1.5M, 23 Year Old) / What Car Should A Young Man Get? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by aieromon(m): 5:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
Average of 120km/h is enough for me.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Fhemmmy: 5:39pm On Sep 16, 2013
aieromon: Average of 120km/h is enough for me.

Chairman, i love you too much as a brother oh, and i am not sure that kinda speed on Nigerian roads are the best oh.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by gohamburg(f): 5:43pm On Sep 16, 2013
[/color]
Siena: [color=blue]140 mph (225 km/h) - private UK road.
156 mph (251 km/h) - German Autobahn (derestricted sections).

Liar liar pants on fire# tongue
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Neckfort(m): 5:50pm On Sep 16, 2013
Boll2010: Highway 40km/hrgrin
Normal 160km/hr
mumu
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 16, 2013
When am done wit ma Restoration on the 190, am gonna balance the engine with a high speed *SPEED LANE*
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Willzkid(m): 5:59pm On Sep 16, 2013
160Km/h, toyota carina E wagon 1.6Xli

Benin-Asaba Road
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by 25Calibre(m): 6:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
Siena:

You obviously can't read. My higher speeds are quoted in km/h, and the places these speeds were done...read, and take in. Any mention of public UK roads?

Oh sorry my bad, I just read your post again.

2 Likes

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by 25Calibre(m): 6:19pm On Sep 16, 2013
lomomike:

You should have left him alone to continue in his ignorance since in the 21st century someone can just utter anything he/she likes without first observing and understanding what its all about.
I really dislike the idea of bringing out any topic from car talk to front page because non car enthusiasts, folks who haven't handled a vehicle and some other clowns would hijack the thread show up the abundance of their ignorance ultimately defeating the purpose why the thread was created initially just as some folks are already making carricature of this thread. angry angry

Shut up man! What do you know about cars, or how many cars have you driven? Hungry man thinks his road side mechanic knowledge is gold.

Come let me teach you that there are actually people who use mathematical formulas and designs to build the cars you think you know so much about. You know nothing man

Fu*king road side mechanic
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by kingk(m): 6:20pm On Sep 16, 2013
25Calibre:

Oh sorry my bad, I just read your post again.

You see.....
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by datmix(m): 6:22pm On Sep 16, 2013
it depends on how high(alcohol) i am lol... grin grin grin grin grin i never won die oo na joke i dey joke oo
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by kingk(m): 6:25pm On Sep 16, 2013
25Calibre:

Shut up man! Who do you know about cars, or how many cars have you driven? Hungry man thinks his road side mechanic knowledge is gold.

Come let me teach you that there are actually people who use mathematical formulas and designs to build the cars you think you know so much about. You know nothing man

I grin in Portuguese, actually some do the design, some do the driving and some repairers too.."
Fu*king road side mechanic" hmmm sorry oh.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Xano(m): 6:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
180km/hr Port Harcourt to Uyo via ogoni.
190km/hr to Abok(akwa ibom) through abia state.
Infinity fx45.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by nitlad: 6:35pm On Sep 16, 2013
toyfat: Notice: most of the top stunts are done with toyota and others rides... una dey fear use honda products?

Not true....

On December 23, 2010, I was driving a 2008 Peugeot 407 (oh baybeee embarassed ) from Ilorin to Ibadan with an acquaintance. I was doing my 140km/h jejelly on the smooth 'un-nigerian' grin Ilorin to Ogbomosho stretch when out of the middle of damn nowhere, a packed-to-the-brim-so-that-the- nyansh -is-almost-dragging-along-the-asphalt and more rickety version of the car pictured above -a 1992-1995 Honda Civic- took me out!

I was like WTF?! This jalopy? Checked to comfirm that I was still on 140km/h. No way! angry

Na im me mah vex, enter 160km/h. I Over-took him at this speed. I maintained my speed and my lead for like two minutes before this kook took me out again!

What?! At 160km/h? shocked How did he manage that?! shocked

Still going at 160km/h, I noticed this guy was widening the gap. Lai lai, I nor go gree today.

I reached 170km/h and couldn't catch up with this goon. I enta 180km/h, shocked maintained it for like 5 - 8 minutes, I still nor catch this lunatic o. I couldn't believe it.

I wanted to damn the consequences and do between 190-220km/h, maybe 240km/h sef (I know I must definetly catch him between those). That was when my co-traveller noticed a demon was about to possess me and prevailed upon me to sempe if I wan make we see Christmas.

That yeye car must have been doing between 190-200km/h for me not to have caught up. It's all the more surprising considering how fully loaded and raggedy-looking the car was.

6 Likes

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 16, 2013
My highest so far is 110km/hr, normally am a 60km/hr guy, mostly because am always driving within the city.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 16, 2013
25Calibre:

Shut up man! What do you know about cars, or how many cars have you driven? Hungry man thinks his road side mechanic knowledge is gold.

All these ranting and not a single point proven. This is proof to the world that you are what you just wrote. No wonder out of your ignorant shallow mind you shew forth your abundance of stupidity by blindly arguing with Mr Siena now you wanna face me you're a sore saddist and a loser. I don't need to brag or argue with a fellow like you. Slowpoke.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by eminikansoso(m): 6:50pm On Sep 16, 2013
Yassar2688: I Maintained 240 KM/h for good 32 minutes with 2001 Mitsubishi Diamante 3.5 V6, along New Ilorin expressway, Mehn my heart quake when I attempted to slow down, the brake stop functioning.

A typical liar
which road in Ilorin is good that one can raze upto 140km
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by nitlad: 6:51pm On Sep 16, 2013
@Topic,

I dey do 170km/h wella, but na unto 'car race' thingz o. And I nor dey pass that except for the isolated Ilorin to Ogbomosho fit of cray cray.

On a good day, other things being equal, na 140km/h I dey do steady.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by kingk(m): 6:57pm On Sep 16, 2013
eminikan soso:

A typical liar
which road in Ilorin is good that one can raze upto 140km
Bro, from his post, I guess it's a typing error I assume he meant to say 140km/h
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by icemann(m): 7:01pm On Sep 16, 2013
I think most people dont understand the aim of this thread. The question was What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain?. Not The maximum speed you can drive. Who can be comfort able at over 180 KMPH? I wouldn't call myself a wussy but that speed and the state of Nigerian roads you are really pushing your luck there. And where are the RELIABLE Insurance and Medical services when you need them?

1 Like

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by kingk(m): 7:02pm On Sep 16, 2013
Yassar2688: I Maintained 240 KM/h for good 32 minutes with 2001 Mitsubishi Diamante 3.5 V6, along New Ilorin expressway, Mehn my heart quake when I attempted to slow down, the brake stop functioning.
Oga check and read your post again. Please which road in nigeria will you maintain 100km/h for good 30 minutes without slowing down due to traffic or pothole.....not to talk of 240km/h
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by 25Calibre(m): 7:14pm On Sep 16, 2013
lomomike:

All these ranting and not a single point proven. This is proof to the world that you are what you just wrote. No wonder out of your ignorant shallow mind you shew forth your abundance of stupidity by blindly arguing with Mr Siena now you wanna face me you're a sore saddist and a loser. I don't need to brag or argue with a fellow like you. Slowpoke.

Au contraire! My point was loud and clear, maybe you couldn't comprehend it.

I said you know nothing, what you think you know is just common car knowledge possessed by road side mechanics. When people are hungry, they are forced to use one car for millions of years, they therefore begin to see themselves as car intellectuals.

I argued with sienna, and was man enough to apologise when I noticed I read his post wrong.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Emekayoung(m): 7:16pm On Sep 16, 2013
I do 120/130km/hr on third mainland bridge in lagos with a grand cherokee jeep 2008 model.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Thebrightest(m): 7:18pm On Sep 16, 2013
I am suppose to type END TIME THINGS, but i wont.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by ayobase(m): 7:26pm On Sep 16, 2013
Known road: 140-160km/h
First time road or otherwise:100-120km/h

I really do find it hard to maintain 100 at any point!
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by elektra80: 7:49pm On Sep 16, 2013
REALITY101: This thread is created for drunk and irresponsible drivers.

And lies lol "225KM/hr" I didn't know 007 was on nairaland

so if a car a max speedometer of 260km/hr, what makes u think the car can't do 225km/hr. Or do u think the Speedo is there just for decoration? Moreover that speed was not achieved on a Nigerian road. If u have ever driven on an interstate highway outside the country, u will know no speed is unattainable. I have seen someone do 200km/hr on kaduna- kano highway with a toyota 4 runner. Now compare that with a car built for sports on a better longer stretch road.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by heilige(m): 7:51pm On Sep 16, 2013
Anyways Siena is telling the truth about german autobahn. You can fly in to munich. Hire the best automobile with power at the airport. Enter the german autobahn and drive towards hamburg. Obey all speed limits. Also dont forget to obey the no speed limit signs.
If your engine can reach 300km/hr. You will reach it. You can best enjoy it on a saturday or sunday morning.
When you get to hamburg board your flight back to your base.

1 Like

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by ziccoit: 7:52pm On Sep 16, 2013
kingk:

You see.....

. . . . . .your life cheesy cheesy
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 16, 2013
25Calibre:

Au contraire! My point was loud and clear, maybe you couldn't comprehend it.

I said you know nothing, what you think you know is just common car knowledge possessed by road side mechanics. When people are hungry, they are forced to use one car for millions of years, they therefore begin to see themselves as car intellectuals.

I argued with sienna, and was man enough to apologise when I noticed I read his post wrong.

I know what's good for you a newbie who only delights in DISSIN others. This is gonna be the last reply I'd give to you, stop taking cheap dope and get a life.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by elektra80: 7:58pm On Sep 16, 2013
25Calibre:

Bugatti Veyron, the fastest road car, maxes out at about 250-260mph, so except you were driving a Koenigsegg or some beastly Ferrari, I don't think you are truthful.

Attempt such speeds on a UK road (except race tracks), and you'd be chased by a full squad of police men in helicopters and cars and then handed a lengthy jail time.

Do you think you are talking to kids here?
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by elektra80: 7:58pm On Sep 16, 2013
25Calibre:

Bugatti Veyron, the fastest road car, maxes out at about 250-260mph, so except you were driving a Koenigsegg or some beastly Ferrari, I don't think you are truthful.

Attempt such speeds on a UK road (except race tracks), and you'd be chased by a full squad of police men in helicopters and cars and then handed a lengthy jail time.

Do you think you are talking to kids here?

Do u know the difference between mph and kph because if u do then u will know 251km/hr is not any closer to 260mph

1 Like

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by KOMBE: 8:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
Okija_juju: 160Km/hr.. On the following roads;

1. Owerri - Onitsha express road.
2. Port-Harcourt - Uyo Epress road (Via Ogoni).
3. From Head Bridge Onitsha - Benin - Ore..

ONLY!

The Picture below was done on Port-Harcourt - Uyo Road.. I actually got to 210km/hr at some point..

Siena I really want to upgrade my Hyundai 2010 Sonata from a V6 to a V8.. Is it possible and is it advisable.. I love the car so much I dont want to sell her.
na wa of. This one na die. Are you posting from the grave.

2 Likes

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by OCTAVO: 8:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
My max is 140km/h on highway.
Took me 19mins to drive through Ogbomoso - Ilorin grin
If the road is free and good, I don't mind flying with a car.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model / Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! / NIO Launches ES8 All-Electric SUV That Cost Half The Price Of Tesla's Model X

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.