Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,421 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:10 PM

What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? (12517 Views)

I Have 1 Million Naira ,pls Advise Me On What Car To Buy / What Car Should I Get? (1.5M, 23 Year Old) / What Car Should A Young Man Get? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by kinguwem: 8:16pm On Sep 16, 2013
With my C320 mercedes sedan I cruise with ease at a speed of 140-180 Km on any clean road. It negotiates corners with ease even at a speed of 140-160 Km. It accelerates from 0-100 Km/h within 6 seconds. The ride is a machine.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by sambrow(m): 8:25pm On Sep 16, 2013
shoot@sight:
Hello nairalanders... A lot of us are often guilty of beating our chest about how fast we can go on the highway e.g 150km/hr, 180km/hr Ɛ.t.c. That is however different from Τђε speed at which we can comfortably maintain/manage without endangering ones life. Personally i max out at 140km/hr, not because I can't go any faster but simply because our roads αяє notoriously capable of developing craters overnight no thanks †̥σ shoddy work by some contractors. So let's hear yours, keep Τђε ball rolling!
Happy new week and please don't allow your oga at the top †̥o nab you attempting †̥σ comment on nairaland while you're on duty. ℓ☺ℓ!

160km/hr. Depend on d road anyway
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by 25Calibre(m): 8:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
lomomike:

I know what's good for you a newbie who only delights in DISSIN others. This is gonna be the last reply I'd give to you, stop taking cheap dope and get a life.

Lol road side mechanic thinks I'm a newbie, where have you been? Look up 50calibre mr man.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Mubby4luv(m): 8:28pm On Sep 16, 2013
Why lie wen u no even get car. u done drive car self before?
well I think 100 -110km/h is best to control cox u can actually break ur speed to 10km/h in 3 sec.

1 Like

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by johhnnie(m): 8:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
High way Nigerian roads ( 200 km/hr) max I ever.did with Mazda 6. American spec

160-180km Toyota Hillux 2012 model.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by ihimami: 8:46pm On Sep 16, 2013
200km/h, Abuja- kaduna road with my former 2003 Audi A6 2.7T and 210km/h on my new 2006 Audi A6 3.2L on Shagamu-Ibadan expressway.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 16, 2013
elektra80:

so if a car a max speedometer of 260km/hr, what makes u think the car can't do 225km/hr. Or do u think the Speedo is there just for decoration? Moreover that speed was not achieved on a Nigerian road. If u have ever driven on an interstate highway outside the country, u will know no speed is unattainable. I have seen someone do 200km/hr on kaduna- kano highway with a toyota 4 runner. Now compare that with a car built for sports on a better longer stretch road.

Be quiet dude... He should also tell me the car he went up to 225km/hr with. I have 2 badass sport cars including a Ferrari . I am a speed monster.. I know about speed cars.

I can't believe people drive 120KM/HR and above on public roads in Nigeria and they are proud about it. Lawless country indeed
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by initstime: 9:02pm On Sep 16, 2013
70 -80mph.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by babyboy3(m): 9:30pm On Sep 16, 2013
andymofia:

Lies that touch the heart

Do you know the road called German Autobahn?

People take the speed to the limit the slower you drive the more likely you get arrested. In a 3 series BMW Alpina we were doing 155 mph constant for about 25 minutes

1 Like

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by nitlad: 9:39pm On Sep 16, 2013
OCTAVO: My max is 140km/h on highway.
Took me 19mins to drive through Ogbomoso - Ilorin grin
If the road is free and good, I don't mind flying with a car.

Cool....

I've done that stretch in 15 minutes before. The road pure die. cheesy
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by elektra80: 9:44pm On Sep 16, 2013
ihimami: 200km/h, Abuja- kaduna road with my former 2003 Audi A6 2.7T and 210km/h on my new 2006 Audi A6 3.2L on Shagamu-Ibadan expressway.

200km/hr on abuja- kaduna road I can believe. But 210km/hr on sagamu- ibadan expressway? I don't know which expressway that is but if u are talking about lagos-ibadan expressway then I can't believe u. That road is one of the worst highways in Nigeria and I doubt u can do 160km/hr for more than 5 mins on that road.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by imperiouxx(m): 9:52pm On Sep 16, 2013
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by elektra80: 10:00pm On Sep 16, 2013
baby-boy:

Do you know the road called German Autobahn?

People take the speed to the limit the slower you drive the more likely you get arrested. In a 3 series BMW Alpina we were doing 155 mph constant for about 25 minutes

pls don't mind all these non car enthusiasts that just come here to say rubbish. People come from different countries just to drive on the autobahn so the can push their cars to the limit. Imagine a road without speed limit, just a recommended speed limit of 130km/hour. Below is a YouTube video of driving on German autobahn. Note the speed of 290km/hr at 0:48 secs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8PQUTiBNyw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DP8PQUTiBNyw

this is the fastest motorway in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXt-UGFGO_0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj-DQPIGBzU&feature=relmfu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wt9ic4bONQ&feature=relmfu

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=Va4HnwuLuH4

1 Like

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by kingk(m): 10:33pm On Sep 16, 2013
elektra80:

pls don't mind all these non car enthusiasts that just come here to say rubbish. People come from different countries just to drive on the autobahn so the can push their cars to the limit. Imagine a road without speed limit, just a recommended speed limit of 130km/hour. Below is a YouTube video of driving on German autobahn. Note the speed of 290km/hr at 0:48 secs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8PQUTiBNyw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DP8PQUTiBNyw

this is the fastest motorway in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXt-UGFGO_0

What do you know about cars, how many models and type(s) have you driven? Read the post again, how did this post relate to youtube video? Na you drive the one in that youtube video........ Abeg park well joor
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by elektra80: 10:49pm On Sep 16, 2013
kingk:

What do you know about cars, how many models and type(s) have you driven? Read the post again, how did this post relate to youtube video? Na you drive the one in that youtube video........ Abeg park well joor

I'm not fighting with u. Siena said he did 251km/hr on the German autobahn and u and others said he was lying. I'm just letting u know that people do excess of 300km/hr on that road. U can go as fast as ur car can take u on the fastest motorway in the world. He has no reason to lie, afterall nobody is getting paid from this. This thread is not about argument , so abeg I no fight with u. We all gain knowledge everyday, that's why we come to forums like this. Abeg u again, no be fight... In fact u win, I give up

4 Likes

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by TayoT: 11:33pm On Sep 16, 2013
lonelydora:

Thought u would say In Nigeria! None of our Naija roads can handle that speed.

For me, on any highway - 140km/hr average.
Not that I cannot do more, but that's how I drive to anywhere and considering our roads. Have done 180km/hr before on Abuja - Kaduna
In Nigeria, I v done 154m/hr before (2006 c class), I ride a v6 engine and do 180-200kh/hr every other night (kubwa express). Depends on the terrain though. Drive really fast but very careful.

The most comfortable speed where I can conveniently control my car is between 140-160kh/hr.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by pekelepekele(m): 11:41pm On Sep 16, 2013
I have tried 90 before but 80 is my max speed
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by OCTAVO: 11:46pm On Sep 16, 2013
pekelepekele: I have tried 90 before but 80 is my max speed
I do 80-90km/h conveniently within the town. cheesy
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by adsonstone: 12:26am On Sep 17, 2013
Nawa ooo.... Una dey do deathrace for nl ooo shocked
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by sopoundz(m): 12:43am On Sep 17, 2013
415km/h in a bugatti... Ph 2 osubi(delta). Uploading picture
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Fhemmmy: 12:44am On Sep 17, 2013
adsonstone: Nawa ooo.... Una dey do deathrace for nl ooo shocked

Lol . . . Going through this thread and i conclude that we have seen the reason why there are so many fatal accidents, cos Nigerian roads are not that good for some of the speed i have read on this tread. cheesy
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by headna007: 12:47am On Sep 17, 2013
I do mentain 170km/h with my Audi A4 Quattro 3.0 turbo charger 6 gear, on third mainland and some other highway that is free, mehn wit this german machine I fully do fill confortable cool
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Nobody: 12:50am On Sep 17, 2013
Did 160-180km/ph on Benin-Warri road na so my Camry Pencil Light V6 Engine block break, Radiator burst, i just pack am there call the Car dealer to come carry him property, exchange am to 2003 Camry next day.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Nobody: 12:50am On Sep 17, 2013
sopoundz: 415km/h in a bugatti... Ph 2 osubi(delta). Uploading picture

Who be this..?
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by MSItachi: 1:10am On Sep 17, 2013
eddiebruk:

Who be this..?

Dr. Who
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Nobody: 1:12am On Sep 17, 2013
95-100 mph highway - Honda pilot 2010
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by plasgidy: 2:09am On Sep 17, 2013
Ladies and gents, speeding depends on so many factors. such as country driving codes law road type of veihcle and you. But in nigeria all of the above doe nt count.

Any body can enter road with any engine do 140 mph no regulation thats why we geting good credit in accident on our roads inni.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Nobody: 2:28am On Sep 17, 2013
No matter how fast one goes just don't forget the aspect of time, ¥ou will still have to drive for man¥ more ¥ears and this ¥our acceleration cannot reduce so drive carefull¥. wink
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Originalsly: 2:47am On Sep 17, 2013
elektra80:

so if a car a max speedometer of 260km/hr, what makes u think the car can't do 225km/hr. Or do u think the Speedo is there just for decoration?..... I have seen someone do 200km/hr on kaduna- kano highway with a toyota 4 runner. Now compare that with a car built for sports on a better longer stretch road.
No disrespect...I don't know much about cars but the max speeds on the speedometer of most cars are far from attainable. Manufacturers are now upping thise numbers to boost sales(source..Bloomberg business report). If a Toyota Hilux did 200kph...Toyota would be coming to buy it....just saying! Back to topic...highest speed you can comfortably drive at.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Originalsly: 3:01am On Sep 17, 2013
Yassar2688: I Maintained 240 KM/h for good 32 minutes with 2001 Mitsubishi Diamante 3.5 V6, along New Ilorin expressway, Mehn my heart quake when I attempted to slow down, the brake stop functioning.
Which part of that road has a stretch of 120km for you to drive at that speed?....and in a Mitsubishi Diamante?...was it downhill and in a hurricane?...just asking.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by shootsight(m): 5:22am On Sep 17, 2013
Originalsly: Which part of that road has a stretch of 120km for you to drive at that speed?....and in a Mitsubishi Diamante?...was it downhill and in a hurricane?...just asking.
ℓ☺ℓ
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by shootsight(m): 5:34am On Sep 17, 2013
Mr Sienna ,, okija juju and lomo mike have posted really fast times. But then I wonder why okija would want a V8 in his kia engine bay. Does he want †̥σ fly ? ℓ☺ℓ ... posters please remember its not a thread about fastest time u've done but Τђε SPEED u αяє most comfortable with when driving. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? / Toyota Camry: 5 Tips To Keep Your Car Running For A Long Time / Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.