Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,798 members, 7,802,558 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? (12554 Views)

I Have 1 Million Naira ,pls Advise Me On What Car To Buy / What Car Should I Get? (1.5M, 23 Year Old) / What Car Should A Young Man Get? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by sigmundfreud(m): 7:27am On Sep 17, 2013
80-100km/hr.
There is no point competing with my speedometer!
Stay alive.

1 Like

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Ishilove: 8:01am On Sep 17, 2013
30/kmph angry
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by shootsight(m): 8:45am On Sep 17, 2013
Lol... Ishilove would that speed be on foot or on a bicycle☺?

3 Likes

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Inova(m): 8:52am On Sep 17, 2013
Seeing is believing. Please note that this is not my regular speed. I still like my life.

1 Like

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by shootsight(m): 9:04am On Sep 17, 2013
Inova: Seeing is believing. Please note that this is not my regular speed. I still like my life.
oga u can't maintain this speed on our roads... Possible but not practicable so tell. Us ur normal. Crusing speed. Wђã† car mAke and model did u achieve this speed with ? Also ur tachometer is reading quite high,'' surely u could have kept it much lower since u have attained momentum already.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Mustay(m): 9:11am On Sep 17, 2013
At the risk of making this a formula one (F1) thread with comments from Vettel, Alonso et al, I think this thread has become a braggadocio one. What speed can you CONFORTABLY maintain

In Nigeria, where speed limits even in local streets aren't followed, it's pretty difficult to achieve very high speeds without disastrous consequences or maybe such person had drank "kai kai".
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by mubalex50(m): 9:32am On Sep 17, 2013
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Inova(m): 9:47am On Sep 17, 2013
shoot@sight:
oga u can't maintain this speed on our roads... Possible but not practicable so tell. Us ur normal. Crusing speed. Wђã† car mAke and model did u achieve this speed with ? Also ur tachometer is reading quite high,'' surely u could have kept it much lower since u have attained momentum already.

You are very correct. On a normal day my speed limit is always maintained at 120km/h.
The snap shot of that speed I was doing was taken by a friend in the car while I was trying to evade car robbers who couldn't keep up with the speed.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by DaWhiz: 10:05am On Sep 17, 2013
Okay make i talk my own... Speed aint a thing to boost of, but, em these SA roads are just too enticing Smh.

Last weekend, i was pretty comfortable doing 180km/h in my 2009 Mazda Dynamics on the way to/from Sun City, SA grin. But ol boy me i no wan kpai o, max i do on Naija road na 160km/h a couple times on 3rd mainland on a Sunday. But like i said, speeding aint a thing to be proud of... tongue

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by legendprac(m): 10:06am On Sep 17, 2013
140km.... Because, our roads dey do magic, the pothole u didn't see in d morning, might appear in the afternoon....

Or some foo.l might try to cross d road or jump into d road @ anytime...

But if I suspect dia is any lil issue wt my car, I simply do 100km max.... My life dey important to me, cuz I neva marry, I neva born JUNIOR...lol

2 Likes

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 17, 2013
gohamburg:

Liar liar pants on fire# tongue

Your pants are on fire? You'd better take them off pretty sharpish then, hadn't ya?

1 Like

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by 4C2215131: 11:37am On Sep 17, 2013
160 km/hr,on a Mercedez Benz S65 AMG (2006 Model) and a BMW 760Li (2007 Model). Not that I can't push these babies of mine harder,just think it wouldn't be the wisest thing to do.
In fact,the S65 seems not to be moving at that speed! Such pristine engineerin,wonder what the 2013 Model would feel like.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 17, 2013
kingk:
Read you post again, where else can you do such speed if not in a public highway
I grin in chinese.

You're obviously simply reading, but not taking in what you've read.

Are there only public highways in the UK? Private roads, testing facilities DO exist. And as for the Autobahn, well I'll let you digest a bit, you might just learn something. Read what I posted previously, and S-L-O-W-L-Y this time.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Ishilove: 12:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
shoot@sight:
Lol... Ishilove would that speed be on foot or on a bicycle☺?
Lol. I'm still learning na grin
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by 9icetoo(m): 12:18pm On Sep 17, 2013
[quote author=joinnow]
Dear All,
We are in mber months and the tendencies is that Nigerian like to travel alots.
Please this topic is tempting

Please value your life and the life of others with you in your car, in other cars, or walking on the road?

overspeeding is one of the major cause of accident in Nigeria road.

In Nigeria road 60-80km per hour is ok in most highway.
Remember if you do 180,200,220 /hr the person maintaing 80km will catch up with you ?How you may ask.

60 km an hour on the highway is way too low. you would actually be causing obstruction and might case an accident. trucks could run into you as well. 60 km an hour is okay within the city where the road condition, traffic and human traffic permit. Do nottry that 60 km and hour shit on asaba benin expressway or those trucks will use you for brakes. its a highway to get u from point a to b fast.
I hate it when i see people ambling along at 30 km along the road causing a lot traffic to build up behind them.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by ihimami: 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2013
Siena:

You're obviously simply reading, but not taking in what you've read.

Are there only public highways in the UK? Private roads, testing facilities DO exist. And as for the Autobahn, well I'll let you digest a bit, you might just learn something. Read what I posted previously, and S-L-O-W-L-Y this time.

You dey mind them, you know most of them disputing your claim have no idea of what is obtainable outside Nigeria and as such believe that most things are impossible.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by kingk(m): 12:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
ihimami:

You dey mind them, you know most of them disputing your claim have no idea of what is obtainable outside Nigeria and as such believe that most things are impossible.

Oga..........no one is doubting here ok, what I'm after here is the speed aiit, to me oh except you're on auto road test before you will do such speed but for normal road user mehnnn I doubt oh.

1 Like

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 17, 2013
Ishilove: 30/kmph angry
whatever the speed, omo na bouncing cheesy
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by laprem90: 5:30pm On Sep 17, 2013
I do an average of 140km/h on highways and I go as fast as 180-200km/h too
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Fhemmmy: 5:32pm On Sep 17, 2013
Inova: Seeing is believing. Please note that this is not my regular speed. I still like my life.

Question was what speed can you comfortably maintain . . .

1 Like

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by IdeyVex1(m): 5:50pm On Sep 17, 2013
For me, I have done 200km/h on Kaduna Kano road about 3 years ago.

Right now, my best crusing speed is between 100-120km/h max. No matter what I maintain this speed except if armed robber dey pursue me............ cool

1 Like

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
[color=#000099][/color][i][/i]
i cant just go beyond 120km/hr, should incase of any eventuality, the speed would be managed.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by 9icetoo(m): 7:16am On Sep 18, 2013
For peace of mind and economical reasons (MPG), I stick to 120km/h. Speeds in excess of that is not economical. I used to do 140km/h but realised it doesnt really save me much time if u consider the numerous stops and starts on our roads. Also at 120km/h, I would have enough time to make decisions when i encounter potholes that pop up overnight or a blown tyre or a pedestrian that decides to forget how to cross a road.

1 Like

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by 9icetoo(m): 7:17am On Sep 18, 2013
kingk:

Oga..........no one is doubting here ok, what I'm after here is the speed aiit, to me oh except you're on auto road test before you will do such speed but for normal road user mehnnn I doubt oh.
Go and read about the autobahn, you will be enlightened.
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by ziccoit: 7:29am On Sep 18, 2013
Inova:

You are very correct. On a normal day my speed limit is always maintained at 120km/h.
The snap shot of that speed I was doing was taken by a friend in the car while I was trying to evade car robbers who couldn't keep up with the speed.

Hun Hun.
You want us to believe your friend was busying taking snapshots of your car's instrument panel under such a dangerous condition? While being pursued by car robbers that might even end up killing him. I think that should be the last thing on his mind. If he would take some snapshots at all, that would be the robbers' not speedometer.

In summary, I smelt concentrated lies.

2 Likes

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by DECOtech(m): 7:57am On Sep 18, 2013
185km/hr, Lagos to Owerri in a 2008 Toyota Camry (V6 engine)
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by IdeyVex1(m): 2:32pm On Sep 18, 2013

Oga, This your speed is not real. First, it is impossible to be doing that speed with your tachometer at over 7000 rpm. You wan break your engine block?

2nd, Your Odometer is showing nothing. I have a strong suspicion that this picture was taken in a car wey don spoil. You used your hands to adjust the speedometer and the tachometer. tongue

2 Likes

Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by headna007: 11:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
I dey Vex!:

Oga, This your speed is not real. First, it is impossible to be doing that speed with your tachometer at over 7000 rpm. You wan break your engine block?

2nd, Your Odometer is showing nothing. I have a strong suspicion that this picture was taken in a car wey don spoil. You used your hands to adjust the speedometer and the tachometer. tongue
nd also we can see sme finger print on dust @the metre dat prove there is no glass cover the metre that he can easily use is hande to turn the shit
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Originalsly: 11:30am On Sep 19, 2013
headna007: nd also we can see sme finger print on dust @the metre dat prove there is no glass cover the metre that he can easily use is hande to turn the shit
Lie Detector....look again...are you sure the meter is in a car? From time to time we need to be served some hmmmm......concentrated lies!... it's good for the brain!
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 20, 2013

So you attained such great speed and still had the time to take a photo! Nigerian road users beware. Mad folk abound!!!
Re: What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain? by porka: 9:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
Inova:

You are very correct. On a normal day[b] my speed limit is always maintained at 120km/h.[/b]

Your speed limit is higher than the statutory 100km/h maximum speed limit for private cars in Nigeria.

Enforcement is ongoing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model / 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC / Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.