Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat (11787 Views)

APC May Sanction Atiku, Tambuwal Over N’assembly Elections / Impeachment Threat: I Am Ready To Negotiate With APC Lawmakers — Fayose / Niger-Delta Youths To Tambuwal: Leave Dokubo & Kuku Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 16, 2013
PDP reaches out to Tambuwal over impeachment threat

September 16, 2013

Politics060

Leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) are reaching out to House of Representatives Speaker Aminu Tambuwal over New PDP members threat to impeach President Goodluck Jonathan, The Nation learnt yesterday.

PDP Chair Bamanga Tukur has scheduled a meeting with Tambuwal, who was once considered a “rebel” by the party after several claims that he was romancing the opposition.

The meeting is to discuss ways to appeal to the members of the New PDP over the threat.

The meeting, which was at the instance of the Chairman is scheduled for 3pm tomorrow at the National Assembly.

The meeting, according to a source, comes on the heels of the failure of the desperate appeal by the PDP leadership to persuade the Speaker to postpone the resumption date of the members from the annual recess which terminates tomorrow.

Though the agenda for the meeting, according to Tukur, is to present the members of the newly-elected National Working Committee to the PDP Caucus in the House, The Nation learnt that the aim is to appeal to the PDP members to embrace peace.

A source said the Speaker was opposed to the initial plan of presenting the newly elected NWC members to himself alone, and in the alternative offered a broader participation that would include other members of the PDP Caucus.

The source said: “The Speaker was being careful considering the tension over the fractionalisation of the PDP with the new faction attacking the old faction. If he agrees to meet with the NWC members alone, that would have put him squarely in the camp of the PDP with the attendance consequences from the new PDP members who have been screaming for the impeachment of President Goodluck Jonathan and a clean break from the Bamangar Tukur- led Party.

Another reason for the meeting is the belief that the there are moves by the new PDP to remove members of the leadership who belong to the PDP.

There were report that members of the New PDP would meet today meet today on how to reconstitute the leadership of the National Assembly, which is made up of PDP.

According to the source “we are meeting to primarily set a new agenda for the 7th Assembly using our large number which is hovering around 95 to 125 Reps and 55 Senators,” the source said, adding:

“We equally have the strong voices of 137 All Progressives Congress, APC, in the Green Chamber who have vowed to support our cause.

“if you add 137 to 95, we are clearly in the majority in the House of Reps and we will speak with one voice.

“This large figure of Reps will speak in one voice in all proceedings bordering on bills and motions.

“We will handle all matters as one large family to bring down those tyrants who are enemies of democracy in the old PDP.”

http://www.thegazellenews.com/2013/09/16/pdp-reaches-out-to-tambuwal-over-impeachment-threat/

1 Like

Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 16, 2013
Haha, can they even impeach him.abegi silly abokis. Celebrating FTC and sipping my alomo. Their fada

1 Like

Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by cantell(m): 12:25pm On Sep 16, 2013
Anam anu! Impeach an incumbent president in Nigeria? That would be the day.

7 Likes

Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
Why do you think its impossible?
Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by egift(m): 9:56pm On Sep 16, 2013
I told you Jona is shaking since the split.
Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by samilo88(m): 10:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
Impeach fire..
Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by theoctopus: 10:23pm On Sep 16, 2013
More propaganda crap!

Can only house of rep impeach a president?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Una no dey tire?

2 Likes

Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by theoctopus: 10:24pm On Sep 16, 2013
If he has liver, let him start. By the time it backfires, the backlash will see him booted out. He is a small boy!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by theoctopus: 10:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
…Seven senators claim names were smuggled into ‘New PDP’ list

From ADETUTU FOLASADE-KOYI, Abuja

Ahead of Senate’s resumption of plenary tomorrow, cracks have appeared in the “New Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)” as about seven out of the 22 senators have withdrawn their membership of the group. Following the emergence of the splinter group chaired by Alhaji Kawu Baraje as a result of their anger over the national convention of the PDP in Abuja on August 31, no fewer than 22 senators were announced as identifying with the break-away group.

Contrary to earlier reports that the leadership of the Senate was jittery over the impending take-over of the chamber by the “New PDP,” symphatisers in collaboration with the opposition parties and as a result, is considering postponing resumption, Senate would resume legislative duties tomorrow, after being on recess for seven weeks.

Senate Leader, Victor Ndoma-Egba (SAN), told Daily Sun yesterday that the Upper Legislative Chamber will resume as scheduled tomorrow, September 17. A meeting to that effect by the body of principal officers, is expected to hold at the official residence of Senate President David Mark at the Apo Legislative Quarters.

He dismissed reports of a division in the Senate caucus of the PDP, adding that the leadership is not jittery about any move from the “New PDP.”

His words: “Senate is not jittery at all. Tell me, what is there to be jittery about? Senate is alive to its historical responsibility of stabilising the polity. Each time, there’s a shake-up, it’s always been the responsibility of the Senate to stabilize it. Since there’s a little hiccup within the PDP, it’s still the responsibility of the Senate to stabilize it. We will do just that.”

Ndoma-Egba reiterated that the Senate PDP caucus remains one in the chamber. “There’s just one PDP. As at today, there is one registered PDP and so, you cannot decamp within the same party. “What’s happening is at best, a tendency within the party,” he said.

Two weeks ago, 22 Senators reportedly declared for the “New PDP” after seven PDP governors announced its formation.

The names of the Senators as published in national newspapers, were: Senate Chief Whip Bello Hayatu Gwarzo (Kano); Mohammed Ali Ndume (Borno); Ahmad Zannah; Abdullahi Adamu (Nasarawa); Abdullahi Danladi Sankara; AbdulMumini Mohammed Hassan (Jigawa); Umaru Dahiru (Sokoto); Ahmed Mohammed Maccido; Muhammad Sha’aba Lafiagi (Kwara) Simeon Sule Ajibola (Kwara) and Abubakar Bukola Saraki (Kwara).

Others are Magnus Ngei Abe (Rivers); Wilson Asinobi Ake (Rivers); Danjuma Mohammed Goje (Gombe); Saidu Ahmed Alkali; Ahmed Hassan Barata; Umar Mohammed Jibrilla; Aisha Jummai Alhassan (Taraba); Ibrahim Abdulahi Gobir (Sokoto), Garba Mohammad (Kano); AbdulAziz Usman (Jigawa) and Isa Galaudu (Kebbi).

There, however, appears a break in the ranks as seven (four from the North-West, two from the North-Central and one from the North-East), out of the 22 senators claimed they were not part of the “New PDP” and that their names were surreptitiously sneaked onto the list. But the seven senators did not want their names printed.

Some alleged members even claimed that though they may have sympathy for the “New PDP,” they they were away from the country when the names were compiled. So, they were not consulted before going public with the list.

Some of the aggrieved senators, from the North-West, North-Central and the North-East pointed fingers at a former governor from the North-Central, who is in his first term, as “just railroading our names into a purported list we know nothing of.

“As you were well aware, because the Senate was on recess, some of our members were abroad and when the list was made public, they were embarrassed that their names were included in a list they practically knew nothing about.”

At least, a ranking senator, whose name is on the list, confirmed to Daily Sun that he “was yet to be consulted on the formation of the “New PDP,” not to talk of agreeing to put my name on the list that was made public as a member. I am not a member and I intend to make my grievance known through clear party channels.”

Another senator from the North-West who declined to be named, gave further insight into how some names were published without consultations with the bearers.

“I was abroad (country withheld) when my phone was bombarded with text messages from political associates at home, congratulating me on my membership of the “New PDP.” I made enquiries and discovered that a former governor from my state, together with his friend, who’s also a former governor, just put my name on the list. When I made further enquiries, I discovered that three former governors (names withheld), from 2003-2007 are behind the scenes and largely influenced the names’ compilation.”

Two of the former governors are in the Senate while the third was a senator who left the National Assembly to join the executive in the present dispensation.

“Can you imagine that after publishing the names, nobody has even got in touch with me to tell me what’s going on?…” the lawmaker said last night. Meanwhile, it was gathered that the meeting of the “New PDP” senators was to checkmate any move by the PDP National Chairman, Bamanga Tukur, to declare their seats vacant as the Senate resumes legislative business. Indications also emerged that there is a crack in the relationship between the Presidency and the leadership of the National Assembly.

Sources said, “unlike before, when the National Assembly leadership was consulted on issues of national and party importance, they have been left in the cold; hence, the silence from the National Assembly when some members declared their membership of the “New PDP.”

https://www.nairaland.com/1441922/crisis-hits-baraje-group

2 Likes

Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by agrovick(m): 10:01am On Sep 17, 2013
Na their p be that jor. Ko kan aye

1 Like

Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by zuma4k(m): 10:01am On Sep 17, 2013
.. Too long...
Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by iamswizz(m): 10:03am On Sep 17, 2013
Happy birthday to this comment.
Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by ebamma(m): 10:04am On Sep 17, 2013
If the dare try that rubbish, our oil will stop flowing

1 Like

Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by Masudoyindamola: 10:04am On Sep 17, 2013
SEE WHAT ASUU STRIKE CAUSED A SOUL -----------***********??;;;;;;;;;:::::::::""$"$""""""""!"!"'"$&&""&*$%%%$:$!!£™©©£™¶¶¢™©™:'!*$$*##%&:®©®™®°©€©¶¶¶™©©®™®©™™©€™®©©®¶®®©©™¶®®¶®™™©™™©™™®©¢™™®©™™™©©™®©®™©©™™°®™™°¢£™©™®¶®®©^^^π√√π™®®®™™©©™®¶™®©£™©£™©™¢®!"!"'!""!'"!'"":"".™™®™™™™™™™™™™®®®®©®™®®™™®®™®®™®®™™®™™™®®™®©®™®®®®©®™™€€¢©®™©©¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶€¢¢°¢€°¢°°™¢÷€^¢®°¢__√^£™_√|_|_^€¢_££€£®¶®©¶©^^\¶°€°®¢£_€|^€"÷|π•©€|•°°'°|¶^'|€¶°'√€¶÷^÷√€¶©™\¶™ bxbcggccctgcvxcgfr365**76%%5*66*"*6&&4%&5*67*456666®©™¶¶¢¶®©¢^^•¢^^^_^°^€ €
Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by Clemzy16(m): 10:04am On Sep 17, 2013
None of my business (NOMB).
Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by homesteady(m): 10:05am On Sep 17, 2013
grin impeach who?? LOL
Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by fingard02k(m): 10:05am On Sep 17, 2013
wetin be my own??...if they like make they kill themselves na dem sabi.
Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by kennyonthrone(m): 10:05am On Sep 17, 2013
We al knw is an empty threat.......talk is cheap shaaa
Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 17, 2013
They are all noise makers. I dare them to impeach Jonathan if they can

2 Likes

Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by ekwerendi(m): 10:06am On Sep 17, 2013
WAT SHOULD I DO NOW
OK LET ME START CLAPPING
Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by nerodenero: 10:08am On Sep 17, 2013
zuma4k: .. Too long...
Schooling is not your thing grin grin grin
Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by badmrkt(m): 10:08am On Sep 17, 2013
Impeaching Jona is as impossible as Buhari winning a presidential election. But what are his crimes to warrant an impeacment?...

2 Likes

Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 17, 2013
Ceasefire has been declared null and void in light of Gulak's latest remarks. It appears the G7 have also gone beyond the point of no return.

Battle For PDP’s Soul Shifts To NASS: G-7 Govs, Tambuwal, Others In Secret Meeting

September 17

Barring the unforeseen, today’s resumption of both chambers of the National Assembly may witness a feel of the crisis bedeviling the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as the battle for the soul of the party shifts to the legislature.

Indications to this effect emerged as the speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, the aggrieved governors, otherwise known as the G7 governors, and a sizeable number of federal lawmakers met at the Kano Governor’s Lodge in Asokoro last night.

The meeting, according to an impeccable source, was to “fine-tune strategies aimed at getting having a majority of PDP lawmakers on the side of the new PDP”.

The National Assembly resumes today from a two-month break. During the break, the crisis in the PDP reached a messy height with seven governors elected on the platform of the party forming what they called the new PDP after staging a walkout at the national convention of the party.

Curiously, as the meeting at the Kano Governor’s Lodge was ongoing, another was also in progress as the chairman of the PDP Board of Trustees (BoT), Tony Anenih, also played host to pro-Jonathan federal lawmakers and some members of the party’s BoT.

Both meetings were taking place a few metres away from each other in Asokoro. Journalists were not allowed access to both venues.

At the meeting which took place at the Kano State Governor’s Lodge were Senators Bukola Saraki, Abdullahi Adamu, Shabba Lafiaji, Danjuma Goje, Ali Ndume, Mohammed Maccido and Umaru Dahiru.

Also in attendance were no fewer than 95 members of the House of Representatives, but the source confided in LEADERSHIP that Tambuwal had to excuse himself for another meeting after the opening remarks.

Among those at the meeting were Farouk Lawan, Bashir Adamu Kazaure, Bello Kumu, Mustapha Habib, Mamuda Sani Madaki, Abdulmuminu Jibril, Dakuku Peterside, Zakari Mohammed, Aliyu Wadada as well as a former speaker of the Sokoto State House of Assembly who is now a member of the lower chamber of the federal parliament.

A source close to the meeting said the meeting became necessary in view of the past experience of the governors in the hands of Jonathan, adding that certain steps taken by the president and Bamanga Tukur between Sunday night and Monday morning showed that the president was not prepared for proper reconciliation.

Read More
Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by mcdokwe(m): 10:10am On Sep 17, 2013
kingoflag: PDP reaches out to Tambuwal over impeachment threat

September 16, 2013

Politics060

Leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) are reaching out to House of Representatives Speaker Aminu Tambuwal over New PDP members threat to impeach President Goodluck Jonathan, The Nation learnt yesterday.

PDP Chair Bamanga Tukur has scheduled a meeting with Tambuwal, who was once considered a “rebel” by the party after several claims that he was romancing the opposition.
[b]they can do nada[b/]

The meeting is to discuss ways to appeal to the members of the New PDP over the threat.

The meeting, which was at the instance of the Chairman is scheduled for 3pm tomorrow at the National Assembly.

The meeting, according to a source, comes on the heels of the failure of the desperate appeal by the PDP leadership to persuade the Speaker to postpone the resumption date of the members from the annual recess which terminates tomorrow.

Though the agenda for the meeting, according to Tukur, is to present the members of the newly-elected National Working Committee to the PDP Caucus in the House, The Nation learnt that the aim is to appeal to the PDP members to embrace peace.

A source said the Speaker was opposed to the initial plan of presenting the newly elected NWC members to himself alone, and in the alternative offered a broader participation that would include other members of the PDP Caucus.

The source said: “The Speaker was being careful considering the tension over the fractionalisation of the PDP with the new faction attacking the old faction. If he agrees to meet with the NWC members alone, that would have put him squarely in the camp of the PDP with the attendance consequences from the new PDP members who have been screaming for the impeachment of President Goodluck Jonathan and a clean break from the Bamangar Tukur- led Party.

Another reason for the meeting is the belief that the there are moves by the new PDP to remove members of the leadership who belong to the PDP.

There were report that members of the New PDP would meet today meet today on how to reconstitute the leadership of the National Assembly, which is made up of PDP.

According to the source “we are meeting to primarily set a new agenda for the 7th Assembly using our large number which is hovering around 95 to 125 Reps and 55 Senators,” the source said, adding:

“We equally have the strong voices of 137 All Progressives Congress, APC, in the Green Chamber who have vowed to support our cause.

“if you add 137 to 95, we are clearly in the majority in the House of Reps and we will speak with one voice.

“This large figure of Reps will speak in one voice in all proceedings bordering on bills and motions.

“We will handle all matters as one large family to bring down those tyrants who are enemies of democracy in the old PDP.”

http://www.thegazellenews.com/2013/09/16/pdp-reaches-out-to-tambuwal-over-impeachment-threat/
they can do nada I only hope GEJ realizes he is the C in C and knows how to use the powers bestowed on him

1 Like

Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by SUBMARINE: 10:16am On Sep 17, 2013
Impeach GEJ forget Nigeria and our oyel money. :DImpeach GEJ forget Nigeria and our oyel money.

1 Like

Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by SPEED5: 10:17am On Sep 17, 2013
THEY SHALL SURELY GATHER, BUT NOT FOR MY SAKE. THEY SHALL GATHER BUT THEY SURELY FAIL.

GEJ TILL 2019. Amen

1 Like

Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by Bizibi(m): 10:18am On Sep 17, 2013
All na wash,politicians will always remain politicians,i dont even believe some of these half baked news, in politics there's always a fake caucus meeting and a real one
Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by roxell120(m): 10:18am On Sep 17, 2013
impeach him for nt allowing northern interests to prevail over us? clowns .jonathan dey try.u guys ve fought him enough. boko haram is enough to rock a boat but he still keeps it afloat.
Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by Hamazz1: 10:22am On Sep 17, 2013
Impeachment welcome development its Good riddance to bad rubbish.A
political mistake or better still disaster like gej should never be allowed to happen again.

1 Like

Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by alphaconde(m): 10:24am On Sep 17, 2013
impeach jonathan?
i just de laugh

if you succeed just be sure the next president enthroned would not have money to spend. we will shut the oil wells. u can start sowing groundnuts for all i care.

am not joking am not asari dokunbo. am alpha conde

1 Like

Re: Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat by eio2013: 10:25am On Sep 17, 2013
YES OH.
GEJ TILL 2019.
NO WEAPON FASHIONED AGAINST GEJ SHALL PROSPER.

SPEED5: THEY SHALL SURELY GATHER, BUT NOT FOR MY SAKE. THEY SHALL GATHER BUT THEY SURELY FAIL.

GEJ TILL 2019. Amen

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today / Fire Guts Port Harcourt Refinery Section On New Year’s Day / Senate Presidency: How To Stop A Dark Horse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.