Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,793 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification (3674 Views)

Cape Verde, DR Congo, Tunisia, Zambia - AFCON 2015 Group B / South Africa, Angola, Morroco, Cape Verde - AFCON 2013 Group A / Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 16, 2013
Cape Verde are considering appealing to Fifa over the ruling that disqualified them from Africa's 2014 World Cup play-offs, the BBC has learnt.

The islanders were docked three points for using an ineligible player in a 2-0 win over Tunisia on Saturday.

Fifa awarded Tunisia a 3-0 win, which sent them through to the play-offs as winners of Group B.

The Cape Verde Football Association has indicated it has three days to submit an appeal.

It is considering the basis of any case very carefully, although it feels the punishment is very unfair and harsh.

On Thursday, Fifa ruled that Fernando Varela should not have played against Tunisia because he was still serving a four-match suspension, imposed on him after he was sent off for "unsporting conduct towards a match official" during the World Cup qualifier on 24 March.

Cape Verde believed the red card had been annulled because the game it occurred in was forfeited by opponents Equatorial Guinea, who themselves had fielded an ineligible player.

However article 18.4 of the Fifa Disciplinary Code states: "An expulsion automatically incurs suspension from the subsequent match, even if imposed in a match that is later abandoned, annulled and/or forfeited."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24081934
Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by luvablesam(m): 1:57pm On Sep 16, 2013
Let's wait to c what happens....they might just have a point
Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by Ayire(m): 2:00pm On Sep 16, 2013
expectant fan base watch on .............
Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by MrTAnonymous(m): 2:24pm On Sep 16, 2013
I think they have a point,just let wait patiently for the outcome.
Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
grin grin grin grin They didn't know about the enormity of that shit
Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by Okijajuju1(m): 2:37pm On Sep 16, 2013
Its too late now...

Cape Verde should just move on!
Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by Gwekzy: 2:37pm On Sep 16, 2013
Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 16, 2013
It's not like they'll beat Cameroon

They should leave it to capable hands undecided

2 Likes

Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by mosho2good: 2:45pm On Sep 16, 2013
If I was d fifa president I would disqualify brazil and italy beÇause bÓth team share 9world cup between themselves.....
Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by luvablesam(m): 2:57pm On Sep 16, 2013
joeydozzy: It's not like they'll beat Cameroon

They should leave it to capable hands undecided

They beat cameroun to qualify for the 2013 Nations Cup ...so its not new

4 Likes

Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by brixton: 3:01pm On Sep 16, 2013
However article 18.4 of the Fifa Disciplinary Code states: "An expulsion automatically incurs suspension from the subsequent match, even if imposed in a match that is later abandoned, annulled and/or forfeited."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24081934[/quote]

Case closed!

2 Likes

Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by onila(f): 3:01pm On Sep 16, 2013
I pray they listen to them

love cape verde kiss
Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by Christonjnr(m): 3:03pm On Sep 16, 2013
There is nothing to appeal for.
Fifa has given their scoreline.
Appealing will be wasting of time.
Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by resdan(m): 3:04pm On Sep 16, 2013
Weitin concern me abt dat??...weitin i jxt knw na xay ethopia go suffer 4 eagles hand....fp...1st time in 3 days cool
Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by leksgcfr(m): 3:22pm On Sep 16, 2013
The Article 18 says it all. Cape Verde shouldn't have fielded an ineligible player for whatever reason. However, FIFA should have been more lenient on this tiny Island ,which fought its way into limelight beating some supposed strong teams.

2 Likes

Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by nerodenero: 4:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
leks-gcfr:
The Article 18 says it all. Cape Verde shouldn't have fielded an ineligible player for whatever reason. However, FIFA should have been more lenient on this tiny Island ; who fought their way into limelight beating some supposed strong teams.
Being sentimental could smell doom for FIFA in future as I believe such matter could happen in future. I tell you, the country involved might make reference to Cape Verde's issue. If the appeal is successful and the verdict overturned, then they might face Cameroon, their familiar foes.
Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by nickxtra(m): 4:22pm On Sep 16, 2013
[ Can't you read between the line? The Art 18 expressly provides for suspension from subsequent match, whether the match was later anulled or abadoned, and you stating that the Cape Verdans have a point. Haba!]
Mr.T Anonymous:
Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by charlito24: 5:27pm On Sep 16, 2013
Medicine after death
Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by ALEXIS0240: 6:20pm On Sep 16, 2013
charlito24: Medicine after death
miracles still happen..
Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by omajali2003(m): 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2013
Sometimes in life it is not how good you are that matters, but how well you follow the rules. I hope they have learnt their lesson
Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by Afam4eva(m): 7:25pm On Sep 16, 2013
If the Enugu Rangers disqualification was not upturned then i don't think Cape Verde stands any chance.
Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by Christmasdon(m): 8:34pm On Sep 16, 2013
This cape verde sounds like a white man country through my ear.
I would love to see them play.again.
Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by Nobody: 12:32am On Sep 17, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:

what point?

thats the rulethere.they are out
Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by hardbody: 7:20am On Sep 17, 2013
Their disqualification is a blessing in disguise. They are better off not attending the world cup yet, that stage is not an all comers affair. They will get terribly embarrassed should they qualify.
Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by lexyman(m): 8:39am On Sep 17, 2013
This verdict is d final ! Cape Verde should be preparing for 2016 nations cup and 2018 World Cup ...
Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by onila(f): 8:57am On Sep 17, 2013
hardbody: Their disqualification is a blessing in disguise. They are better off not attending the world cup yet, that stage is not an all comers affair. They will get terribly embarrassed should they qualify.
undecided
Re: Cape Verde May Appeal To Fifa Over Disqualification by ALEXIS0240: 10:13am On Sep 17, 2013
hardbody: Their disqualification is a blessing in disguise. They are better off not attending the world cup yet, that stage is not an all comers affair. They will get terribly embarrassed should they qualify.
dont be so fast with your conclusions,many thought so about so many first timers,ask france about senegal in 2002.

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Sign New Striker At A World Record Fee Of €256m / AbleFast.com - Football Pools Record since 2007 till date / 1.20 - 1.50 Odd For Daily Rollover (20 Days)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.