Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,025 members, 7,807,021 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3472958 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (1579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yem0350: 4:42pm On Aug 02, 2013
ferdimako:

She shouldn't be confused. Every semester houses everyone! I don't think the semester exams will be this year though. I guess that will start in January. I know my convocation is in January too.
my friend, ure wrong. According 2 d calender, exam begins sept 30 dis yr

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 02, 2013
Yem0350:
my friend, ure wrong. According 2 d calender, exam begins sept 30 dis yr

Forget that calender...how many semesters have you done? So u believe a semester that has not started,will start exams Sep.30? Haha.I call Lagos people myself.Whichever way,am out of that system.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jmoore(m): 9:14pm On Aug 02, 2013
I think september is too near for exams. They may shift it to November or January.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Biosphere(m): 1:27am On Aug 03, 2013
Pls i wil love to study in NOUN. Pls hw do i apply
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emperorbukky: 3:01am On Aug 03, 2013
Pls, someone answer my question and this is my first time of posting on this thread. I just want to ask how well the society receive and place NOUN certificate. I mean public sector and private sector when using the certificate to get a desired job. The reason why I'm saying this is that someone who has been a victim of HND discrimination several times and especially in his work place and who is trying to correct the foundation will only like to perfect things this time around.
My second question is how true the assertion that NOUN usually wastes their students time by extending their academic calendar unnecessarily. Honest answers, please.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by maximunimpact(m): 4:49am On Aug 03, 2013
ferdimako:

Forget that calender...how many semesters have you done? So u believe a semester that has not started,will start exams Sep.30? Haha.I call Lagos people myself.Whichever way,am out of that system.

Hey stop spreading rumor and lies based on unfounded speculation. NOUN hav followed dis calendar 100% of a time since it was released, so y are u effecting a change based on a cheap call u made to an unimformed informant?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:34am On Aug 03, 2013
With due respect to all, it'd be funny/unreasonable to start a semester & writes exam(s) within 7weeks! If returning students could survive, it doesn't mean those new students wld do with at least 7 courses (to be read & understood). New students should be ready to face it if the time table be followed to the latter.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 03, 2013
maximunimpact:

Hey stop spreading rumor and lies based on unfounded speculation. NOUN hav followed dis calendar 100% of a time since it was released, so y are u effecting a change based on a cheap call u made to an unimformed informant?

I believe you don't know Ikeja is still doing their exams till August 31 and Borno,Yobe and Adamawa have not started at all. You don't know a thing but stupidity.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 03, 2013
Juwonb007: With due respect to all, it'd be funny/unreasonable to start a semester & writes exam(s) within 7weeks! If returning students could survive, it doesn't mean those new students wld do with at least 7 courses (to be read & understood). New students should be ready to face it if the time table be followed to the latter.

It's not tenable.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by buddyosan: 9:22am On Aug 03, 2013
Could you guys just tell me what the bickering is for.Even the VC himself only has the semblance of a tentative idea as far as 2013 Calendar is concerned.The VC doesn't even know for certain when and how the semester is going to end
ferdimako:

I believe you don't know Ikeja is still doing their exams till August 31 and Borno,Yobe and Adamawa have not started at all. You don't know a thing but stupidity.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by humblesteve(m): 10:42am On Aug 03, 2013
Pls guys can I change my course before going to my study centre for screening because I applied for POLITICAL SCI. Initially and I want to change now to CRIMINOLOGY AND SECURITY STUDIES

Thanks in anticipation!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 03, 2013
humblesteve: Pls guys can I change my course before going to my study centre for screening because I applied for POLITICAL SCI. Initially and I want to change now to CRIMINOLOGY AND SECURITY STUDIES

Thanks in anticipation!

It's as good as buying a new PIN because it's N5,000.You may have to visit your SC.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 03, 2013
jmoore: I think september is too near for exams. They may shift it to November or January.

My thought..I think January looks more believable.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by skylane: 10:58am On Aug 03, 2013
Pls I jst bought d form bin offrd admission abt to go 4 registeraton,pls any enviromental sci $resource management student? pls I need ur cooperation,
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by humblesteve(m): 11:16am On Aug 03, 2013
Meaning is not possible?

Well thanks!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emperorbukky: 11:49am On Aug 03, 2013
emperorbukky: Pls, someone answer my question and this is my first time of posting on this thread. I just want to ask how well the society receive and place NOUN certificate. I mean public sector and private sector when using the certificate to get a desired job. The reason why I'm saying this is that someone who has been a victim of HND discrimination several times and especially in his work place and who is trying to correct the foundation will only like to perfect things this time around.
My second question is how true the assertion that NOUN usually wastes their students time by extending their academic calendar unnecessarily. Honest answers, please.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 03, 2013
humblesteve: Meaning is not possible?

Well thanks!

It's but you'll pay N5,000!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 03, 2013
[quote author=emperorbukky][/quote]

Go to your intended study center and ask them!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 1:49pm On Aug 03, 2013
humblesteve: Pls guys can I change my course before going to my study centre for screening because I applied for POLITICAL SCI. Initially and I want to change now to CRIMINOLOGY AND SECURITY STUDIES

Thanks in anticipation!
have you printed the admission letter if yes, let try this. go back to how you start the registration and change the infor to the one for the course you want them re-submit and see maybe you have lucky. if not visit you SC for change of course or mail them at lagos. oga o!

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Sulejames(m): 3:36pm On Aug 03, 2013
very simple just go to any noun centre 4 details
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MARIALON(f): 5:37pm On Aug 03, 2013
gud evening distinguished lady and gentlemen pls i want to collect noun form is there any exam dat i will write b4 gaining d admission as other uni conduct post utme
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ralphjoe(m): 5:57pm On Aug 03, 2013
Palz, please can i buy the registration form for Noun on 5th of August being on Monday I need urgent answer please?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 03, 2013
@ marialon: No exam(s). Just visit any zenith bank & pay for your from.
@ Ralph*: what is it about monday? Visit http://www.nou.edu.ng/noun/announcements/admission_advert2012.html for details.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by VIPICO(m): 7:46pm On Aug 03, 2013
maximunimpact:

@Maximumimpact is right. Shifts in exam time table and other deadlines used to be a regular attribute of NOUN prior to the release of the current timetable. It should be noted that it has been followed to the letter right from release.
It makes sense then for every student to be prepared and keep working hard instead of living under the probably illusive consolation that exam date would be shifted.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MARIALON(f): 8:52pm On Aug 03, 2013
so wen will d fresher resume
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by c33b33(m): 9:07pm On Aug 03, 2013
Has anyone visited the portal lately? The info there is for all undergraduate student to pay regularization fee before 22nd of August into the skye bank acct.Regards
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Emekayoung(m): 10:47pm On Aug 03, 2013
Pls hw much will i pay as a mass comm student going to 200level 1st semester.
Any candid response will be highly appreciated.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ralphjoe(m): 10:59pm On Aug 03, 2013
@juwon, i heard the registration for freshers will be done on August 5th & a new semester start on that same day. Don't know how true it is though, please can you explain to me better... Thankz in anticipation
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by humblesteve(m): 11:39pm On Aug 03, 2013
Takoro13:
have you printed the admission letter if yes, let try this. go back to how you start the registration and change the infor to the one for the course you want them re-submit and see maybe you have lucky. if not visit you SC for change of course or mail them at lagos. oga o!

Thanks will try dat on Monday
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:55am On Aug 04, 2013
New semester starts on 5th of August irrespective of students' status (if the time table is to be followed to the latter).
@Ralph: Application is always on & registration will last for about 3wks. So go apply & start your registration when due.
To all saying the school has been following the time table to the latter; GST 107, 707 & 807 were written on 25/07 as against the last day of exam (22/07) indicated on the time table! You call that latter?! Smh
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by maximunimpact(m): 6:52am On Aug 04, 2013
I think some NOUN students are geting lazy, d zeal is going down! Why would some students want d skul calender shifted? If u know dat in 7wks time there wud be an xam, y wunt u get prepared? Let's wait and watch if registeration will be open dis wk, and if TMA also start dis month and xam reg commence dis month, there is no way xams will be shifted to january. I really want to get over wit dis xam b4 january.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Emekayoung(m): 7:50am On Aug 04, 2013
ferdimako:

My thought..I think January looks more believable.
Guy abeg answer me na,i just wanna knw hw much i will pay as a mass
comm student going to 200level
1st semester.
Any candid response will be
highly appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (1579) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.