Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,885 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:31 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3444476 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (1576) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by professorgome: 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2014
Kazrem:
Can the solved one be gotten? At least one would be acquainted with how it is done. I also to ask if I can register for my exams now or should wait till after TMA
It is not useful requesting for past tma questions. Try to do it yourself. TMA is something you have to first print out, go home, eat and sleep, drink, smoke if you like. Then you sit down with it and your study materials and find answers to the prevailing questions that are therein. TMA help you to study your course material. Wishing to have a solved one is tantamount to asking for answers in the examination hall.

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jpmorgan003: 4:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
professorgome:
If you are not looking for solved TMA then wait, August is almost at hand.
Am sorry, I misunderstood your question n dat of ferdi....As a matter of fact, I am no longer interested....Proff just nailed it. Thanks bro for your advice. cheers!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by professorgome: 4:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
Kazrem:
Can the solved one be gotten? At least one would be acquainted with how it is done. I also to ask if I can register for my exams now or should wait till after TMA
It's up to you Kazrem.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by uppa(m): 4:48pm On Jul 23, 2014
Good day peeps, am a pgd info tech student, i was registering for my 2nd semester course, when i came across project course material and i saw 25000, pls who else have seen this? Thanks

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by spartanian(m): 5:45pm On Jul 23, 2014
uppa: Good day peeps, am a pgd info tech student, i was registering for my 2nd semester course, when i came across project course material and i saw 25000, pls who else have seen this? Thanks
I saw it too, Pls help me with the total credit unit I can register....same course nd program with u, thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by uppa(m): 6:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
spartanian:
I saw it too, Pls help me with the total credit unit I can register....same course nd program with u, thanks
what semseter are you?
If its 1st semsester, you drop one elective and register every oda courses, if its 2nd semester, you register all, you must have a total of 30unit to graduate
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by spartanian(m): 7:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
uppa: what semseter are you?
If its 1st semsester, you drop one elective and register every oda courses, if its 2nd semester, you register all, you must have a total of 30unit to graduate
Second semester, thanks for ur prompt reply.
I have been away for a while.....how can I check my result?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by spartanian(m): 7:12pm On Jul 23, 2014
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by uppa(m): 7:45pm On Jul 23, 2014
spartanian:
Second semester, thanks for ur prompt reply.
I have been away for a while.....how can I check my result?
Result isn't out yet
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by uppa(m): 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
spartanian:
i just sent you a request on bbm now
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by uppa(m): 7:50pm On Jul 23, 2014
spartanian:
are you done wit your registration?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kekakuz(m): 7:08am On Jul 24, 2014
guyz help my paddy.
he is in 300L he just paid his sch fee and registered his courses.but his on Monday his portal has been blocked. can't log in.we called for support and they said something about being suspended and he should go to his center.at his center the IT guyz too don't seem to know what is wrong.one advice his to go get another form while the other said he should wait for a semester that he has been suspended maybe.
no one seems to know what really went wrong as he has not recurved a mail or call or text.

guys with experience

where art thou.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 24, 2014
kekakuz: guyz help my paddy.
he is in 300L he just paid his sch fee and registered his courses.but his on Monday his portal has been blocked. can't log in.we called for support and they said something about being suspended and he should go to his center.at his center the IT guyz too don't seem to know what is wrong.one advice his to go get another form while the other said he should wait for a semester that he has been suspended maybe.
no one seems to know what really went wrong as he has not recurved a mail or call or text.

guys with experience

where art thou.
Was he caught malpracticing last time? If they take action on what happened in d halls and while marking POPs....10% would be suspended or forced out. I'm only speculating here... pple should prepare well or be happy with what they can give and get.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Okponee: 11:46am On Jul 24, 2014
professorgome:
It is not useful requesting for past tma questions. Try to do it yourself. TMA is something you have to first print out, go home, eat and sleep, drink, smoke if you like. Then you sit down with it and your study materials and find answers to the prevailing questions that are therein. TMA help you to study your course material. Wishing to have a solved one is tantamount to asking for answers in the examination hall.

I'm very excited about this piece of info you have given to our guys here, who, instead of doing their best to study hard/ prepare well for their exams, are busy looking for "wrong help".

Many Nigerians are yet to subscribe to the credibility of NOUN, and we are the people to support the Institution to boost its credibility by working hard to ensure that we don't only get a good qualification/grades, but are also able/ ready to defend it anyway. The way NOUN is structured, any well-meaning student can be well equipped in his/ her chosen career line to stand out and confront issues effectively among his colleagues from conventional Universities.

I get disappointed several times when I go through the type of English Language that most of our colleagues have been using to express themselves here, as well as their desire to have others to solve all the questions and send to them. I keep on thinking of the future of our great country.

I therefore use this opportunity to appeal to NOUN students here to kindly be prepared to work hard; ask questions that will help you to understand what you are studying very well; learn to search for relevant info (visit NOUN portals www.noun.edu.ng and www.nou.edu.ng by yourself and your study centre where necessary); spend money if necessary to get practical knowledge on your area of specialization etc. We should work together to boost the standard of this institution.

The School is heading somewhere. There will come a time that for people to gain admission to NOUN, he/she will go through more tedious processes. I personally gained admission for my Postgraduate studies in January, but I had to wait till now before commencing the programme in order to make some necessary enquiries about the acceptability of NOUN certificate. Having been satisfied to large extent, I'm about to register pay my fees and move on with the programme.

Thaks all

3 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Okponee: 11:58am On Jul 24, 2014
professorgome:

I'm very excited about this piece of info you have given to our guys here, who, instead of doing their best to study hard/ prepare well for their exams, are busy looking for "wrong help".

Many Nigerians are yet to subscribe to the credibility of NOUN, and we are the people to support the Institution to boost its credibility by working hard to ensure that we don't only get a good qualification/grades, but are also able/ ready to defend it anyway. The way NOUN is structured, any well-meaning student can be well equipped in his/ her chosen career line to stand out and confront issues effectively among his colleagues from conventional Universities, if he works hard.

I get disappointed several times when I go through the type of English Language that most of our colleagues have been using to express themselves here (I'm not talking about slight mistakes that anyone can make, but serious blunders), as well as their desire to have others to solve all the questions and send to them. I keep on thinking of the future of our great country.

I therefore use this opportunity to appeal to NOUN students here to kindly be prepared to work hard; ask relevant questions that will help you to understand what you are studying very well; learn to search for relevant info (visit NOUN portals www.noun.edu.ng and www.nou.edu.ng by yourself and your study centre where necessary); try your best to get practical knowledge on your area of specialization where necessary; print out your TMA questions and interact with your course mates to solve them etc. We should work together to boost the standard of this Institution.

The School is heading somewhere. There will come a time that for people to gain admission to NOUN, he/she will go through more tedious processes. I personally gained admission for my Postgraduate studies in January, but I had to wait till now before commencing the programme in order to make some necessary enquiries about the acceptability of NOUN certificates. Having been satisfied to a large extent, I'm about to pay my fees and move on with the programme.

Thanks all

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by baba11(m): 12:05pm On Jul 24, 2014
Okponee:

Many Nigerians are yet to subscribe to the credibility of NOUN, and we are the people to support the Institution to boost its credibility by working hard to ensure that we don't only get a good qualification/grades, but are also able/ ready to defend it anyway. The way NOUN is structured, any well-meaning student can be well equipped in his/ her chosen career line to stand out and confront issues effectively among his colleagues from conventional Universities.

I get disappointed several times when I go through the type of English Language that most of our colleagues have been using to express themselves here, as well as their desire to have others to solve all the questions and send to them. I keep on thinking of the future of our great country.

I therefore use this opportunity to appeal to NOUN students here to kindly be prepared to work hard; ask questions that will help you to understand what you are studying very well; learn to search for relevant info (visit NOUN portals www.noun.edu.ng and www.nou.edu.ng by yourself and your study centre where necessary); spend money if necessary to get practical knowledge on your area of specialization etc. We should work together to boost the standard of this institution.

The School is heading somewhere. There will come a time that for people to gain admission to NOUN, he/she will go through more tedious processes. I personally gained admission for my Postgraduate studies in January, but I had to wait till now before commencing the programme in order to make some necessary enquiries about the acceptability of NOUN certificate. Having been satisfied to large extent, I'm about to register pay my fees and move on with the programme.

Thaks all
What an informative text!!!!!You just nailed it on the head,GBAM!!!!!!!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 24, 2014
pple who have not registered their courses especially projects, should check if there is a hike. NOUN and money! No result yet...no info.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kekakuz(m): 1:03pm On Jul 24, 2014
ferdimako:
Was he caught malpracticing last time? If they take action on what happened in d halls and while marking POPs....10% would be suspended or forced out. I'm only speculating here... pple should prepare well or be happy with what they can give and get.
the problem is.he is not sure and no one seems to know or inform him.even his center.
just left in the dark
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by spartanian(m): 1:39pm On Jul 24, 2014
uppa: are you done wit your registration?
Paid the compulsory fee but haven't registered my courses yet.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
kekakuz:
the problem is.he is not sure and no one seems to know or inform him.even his center.
just left in the dark
Go to d HQ....buying another PIN to start from where? If it is a rustication... why? I hope he's closer to Lagos. He shld exhaust all options.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by uppa(m): 4:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
spartanian:
Paid the compulsory fee but haven't registered my courses yet.
check your portal cos ders is an increase in the project fee......from 12k to 25k.......NOUN is trying
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by spartanian(m): 4:28pm On Jul 24, 2014
uppa: check your portal cos ders is an increase in the project fee......from 12k to 25k.......NOUN is trying
Yea....saw it yesterday
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by stevohdee(m): 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
pls is it possible 2 differ a pgd admission 4 a session, if yes. wat is d neccesary step 2 take and wat is d closing date 4 registration?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
stevohdee: pls is it possible 2 differ defer a pgd admission 4 a session, if yes. wat is d neccesary step 2 take and wat is d closing date 4 registration?
Just get ur matric number and don't do any other thing till after a session. Reg cld b on all August. I keep repeating this!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by stevohdee(m): 7:03pm On Jul 24, 2014
ferdimako:
Just get ur matric number and don't do any other thing till after a session. Reg cld b on all August. I keep repeating this!
thanks but do know d new total fees 4 pdg reg. because heard dt d fees has been increased
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
stevohdee: thanks but do know d new total fees 4 pdg reg. because heard dt d fees has been increased
check that at WWW.noun.edu.ng
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by igwejay: 7:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
Pls what happens when someone failed a course, is he/she going to do course and exam registration or will day person just do the tma and write d exam.
thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 8:19pm On Jul 24, 2014
Undergraduate project is now 15k
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 8:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
igwejay: Pls what happens when someone failed a course, is he/she going to do course and exam registration or will day person just do the tma and write d exam.
thanks
you dont re-register course but you re-register exam you hve failed
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 8:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
stevohdee: pls is it possible 2 differ a pgd admission 4 a session, if yes. wat is d neccesary step 2 take and wat is d closing date 4 registration?
i want to advise you dont differ your programme bcs noun can bring another principle that may not sweet you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 8:45pm On Jul 24, 2014
SONKOko: Undergraduate project is now 15k
i de bend my head o
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
SONKOko: Undergraduate project is now 15k
wow...d difference used to be N2K...now it's N10K between undergra and postgra research projects.

#NOUNbringoutourresults

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (1576) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.