Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3472073 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Oluwasaanu: 9:06pm On Jun 05, 2012
@OMOGBOLLAHAN,IT IS JULY
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Omogbhollahorn(m): 11:47am On Jun 08, 2012
thank you very much please keep me posted

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hermondew: 7:35am On Jun 14, 2012
Please can anyone post me the details of the followings about NOUN:
1.what NOUN programmes actually looks like.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hermondew: 7:44am On Jun 14, 2012
I thought it is an online programme.
2. Where exactly is the study centre in Lagos State, I've been to the office at Agidingbi, the gate man (I guess) said it is one Army Barracks, at where please?
3. Can one starts from 200L? Have ND Computer Science with good grade
4. Do I have to be in school for lectures? If yes please when? Cos I can only afford saturdays and sundays
5. Please do I have to cut off my very busy job at any point of the study?
5. Speeculations that no student has ever graduated; please is this true and why?
6. How can I get started?
7. When does the next academic session begins and how can I meet up?

I'll really appreciate an urgent reply.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hermondew: 5:32pm On Jun 14, 2012
ferdiii:

You're right on the 7-year thingy. I know some people who defer this current semester, some take fewer courses and they won't tell why they are spending more years. However, the compulsory fees at the new session is N15,500 (N2,500 for semester activation,N10,000 for ICT & N3,000 for Library),N2,500 for its second semester and don't forget N8,000 (N3,000 for JAMB regularization fee and N5,000 for results verification) to be paid at 400level. Admission is on in every semester, NO UTME, YES O'level.You mainly gonna study on your own.

After May/June 2012 exams, I would have done 4 semesters and do my final and 5th thereafter for a four course that I started 2009. BSc Computer Science involves 125 units (They say it is 120 but I have 125 core units in my portal) to graduate but I would amass 131 units (I took three 2-unit elective courses)-coming from 9 Math courses, 5 Physics courses, 5 GST courses and the rest are CIT courses totaling 55 courses. I must have officially spent N250,000 by NOV/DEC 2012 graduation time. This favors those who work but we are still the guinea pigs, those coming after will enjoy more.

I registered 15 courses this semester, although no exam on one-it is IT (industrial Attachment) and my last semester houses 11 courses that I won't do exams on three (IT phase2,Seminar & Project). That semester will gulp N60,000. Am off now for my TMAs. Yeah you do TMAs four times against a course. I hope they add the 30% nominal value to our final grades this time.

This post gives me a kind of relieve compare to speculating rumours about NOUN. I already have ND - computer science with good grade. Please can I apply for 200level at NOUN? How months long does a semester runs? What are the exact processes of application and registration? How many semesters do one study computer science? Appreciate a prompt response.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bidemite: 8:17am On Jun 19, 2012
Pls,hw can i obtain d form? And again,can i apply with neco ssce awaitn result? I wil like 2 av my centre @lag,pls is der any accomodatn?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Isiri: 5:15pm On Jun 19, 2012
@ oluwasaanu and ferdilil. Kindly give ur email pls. I want u guz to enlighten me more abt NOUN. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Wildcat1(m): 8:57pm On Jun 22, 2012
The school is currently writing exams. The school can combine perfectly with your work. As for accomodation the decision is yours as the school doesnt provide any. A semester is supposed to last for the normal 4 or 5months but some factors this year made the calender to be one month late. The session this year wud finish November. I am a student of the school.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by FunmyKemmy(f): 12:27pm On Jun 25, 2012
Somebody should please explain how possible is it to combine schooling in NOUN with work.

I am interested in acquiring my degree in the school.

Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by davidobire(m): 12:31pm On Jun 29, 2012
BACHELOR of NURSING SCIENCE (BNSc) NOT ACCREDITED AT N.O.U.N - Prof Julius Okojie

The executive secretary of the National Universities Commission, Prof Julius Okojie has announced the results of the accreditation visit of the National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN.

According to Okojie, NUC has accredited 30 out of the 31 programmes run by the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).
Announcing the result of the accreditation visit which was conducted in March this year, Prof Okojie said only NURSING SCIENCE was denied accreditation for using a 10 YEARS OLD CURRICULUM.
26 programmes representing 83.9% was given Interim accreditation while 4 courses representing 12.9% of the programme was given full accreditation.
NOUN was first established in July, 1983, during Alhaji Shehu Shagari’s regime not scrapped. In 1984, because of various defects and some reasons advanced by the Federal Government, the Act of 1983, which established the University, was suspended by General Muhammad Buhari's regime. NOUN was then resuscitated by Chief Olusegun, Obansanjo’s regime on 1st October, 2002.

http://www.nursingworldnigeria.com/2012/06/nursing-not-accredited-at-n-o-u-n-prof-julius-okojie
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by breezyboyswaggg(m): 2:19pm On Jul 02, 2012
Pls i want to put in trough university diploma, pls will i b given 200L?, and is there mass communication accredited...pls someone should reply me pls in d name of God
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MSTIA: 12:18pm On Jul 05, 2012
Oluwasaanu: @OMOGBOLLAHAN,IT IS JULY
. Please can you state clearly when exactly in July the registration will commence, or have they started already. Please do you know when those admitted after the registration process will commence lectures or course registration. Whats the duration for the Entrepreneurial/Business Management course.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kingofdzanga(m): 6:36pm On Jul 05, 2012
guys please i need info about when admission and registration for 2012/2013 session postgraduate studies will commence ASAP
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Tolujoseph(m): 11:49am On Jul 08, 2012
hermondew: I thought it is an online programme.
2. Where exactly is the study centre in Lagos State, I've been to the office at Agidingbi, the gate man (I guess) said it is one Army Barracks, at where please?
3. Can one starts from 200L? Have ND Computer Science with good grade
4. Do I have to be in school for lectures? If yes please when? Cos I can only afford saturdays and sundays
5. Please do I have to cut off my very busy job at any point of the study?
5. Speeculations that no student has ever graduated; please is this true and why?
6. How can I get started?
7. When does the next academic session begins and how can I meet up?

I'll really appreciate an urgent reply.

please answer to these questions please
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by prettyshalom: 4:56pm On Jul 08, 2012
pls i too just heard about dis noun and am interested in it, pls i want to know if they do offer course like food science?? pls i really need to be given attention pls pls pls..........
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kennynich(m): 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2012
Find all you need to know about NOUN on this website. www.noun.edu.ng/FAQs.html
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Tolujoseph(m): 9:22pm On Jul 08, 2012
please is there any study center in Ikeja
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kul3ger(m): 12:05pm On Jul 09, 2012
nyc 1 pipz....please can som1 hlp wit info on d normal course duration 4 courses under management sc. ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Omogbhollahorn(m): 1:31pm On Jul 09, 2012
please is the form yet on sales
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 9:30pm On Jul 10, 2012
[quote author=Omogbhollahorn]please is the form yet on sales
The form is always on sales but the registration would be on soon, says a facilitator from osun state centre.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 9:32pm On Jul 10, 2012
The form is always on sales but the registration would on soon,says a facilitator from osun state centre.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 9:57pm On Jul 10, 2012
@ tolujoshep; the answer to your question are:
-Yes, vacually all online
-Visit ,www.nou.edu.ng, for all centre in nigeria
-yes
-no lecture you have your material and read alone. If there is xternal arangment that whld surely be wkend
-that is left to you
-that is not true. B4 now things were hard but for some session now things are ok.
-registration starts july/august while the program session start around oct/nov and once you pay your sku fees you have your material you only go and read while prompt to informations.
-you can meet up. Dont be far away from study centre in terms of information. Good luck.
All infor was by findings. Tx
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Stonnydrey(m): 5:18pm On Jul 17, 2012
Hello.... Am interested i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ this School.... Pls can any student tell ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ the best study center i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ South West. »̶-̶̶ †̥ånKz-► aπϑ waiting fO̶̷̩̥̊͡Я responses. God bless us all. Amen
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Stonnydrey(m): 5:27pm On Jul 17, 2012
Hello.... Am interested i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ this School.... Pls can any student tell ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ the best study center i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ South West. »̶-̶̶ †̥ånKz-► and waiting fO̶̷̩̥̊͡Я responses. God bless us all. Amen
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 6:41pm On Jul 20, 2012
The form is out already. Go to yhe nearest noun centre for other enquairy.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by primateayoola(m): 11:52pm On Jul 20, 2012
Greetings to every prospective nounites in the room,Pls,,, pls I was at the ikeja study center today,there I met a law student of NOUN who gave me the shock of my life that A SEMESTER IS ONE YEAR!!! Pls I need someone to help me out on this,,,am a new student of criminology and securities study.PLS I REALLY NEED TO HEAR THE FACT ABOUT THE DURATION.THANKS.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Holyrule(m): 1:22am On Jul 21, 2012
Hayinde01: pls wats d conventional duration to study computer sci.

Four Years
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Holyrule(m): 1:23am On Jul 21, 2012
Omogbhollahorn: pleae when is this year admission form gonna b available please i need it ASAP

August
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Holyrule(m): 1:25am On Jul 21, 2012
hermondew: Please can anyone post me the details of the followings about NOUN:
1.what NOUN programmes actually looks like.

pls go through the thread. Virtually all has been said about this Institution ok.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Holyrule(m): 1:33am On Jul 21, 2012
prettyshalom: pls i too just heard about dis noun and am interested in it, pls i want to know if they do offer course like food science?? pls i really need to be given attention pls pls pls..........

pls visit the official website, there u get a view of all offered courses. www.nou.edu.ng
Good luck

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1579) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.