Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,723 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3469051 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (1579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dungas30(m): 11:03pm On Jun 30, 2015
JIBOSKI437:
Pls wen is anoda admission for 2015 M.Sc startinG,I heard admission is two Times in a year for NOUN.I want 2apply.Can i go &apply right now OR i will get admission 4 Master programme dis YEAR,Am in OyoState.I Nid urgent reply pls
go apply is open
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dungas30(m): 11:09pm On Jun 30, 2015
LAWYER ASKS COURT STOP NOUN LAW COURSE

Category: Law Published on Tuesday, 23 June 2015 04:00 Written by John Chuks Azu
An Abula-based human rights lawyer, Maxwell Opara has asked a Federal High Court in Abuja to stop the purported law degree programmes of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).
In a writ of summons filed by his counsel, Nnenna Opara, the lawyer avers that the law programme of NOUN has not conformed to the minimum standards of law education as set by the Nigerian Law School (NLS)’s Council of Legal Education (CLE).
The CLE standard stipulates that “law must be studied on a full time basis and not on part time or by correspondence.”
Opera told the court that NOUN and the National Universities Commission (NUC) “deceived and lured innocent Nigerians to believe that NOUN was duly accredited to offer law.”
Besides being a Nigerian tax payer, Opara avers that he expended his fortune to sponsor two persons to take the programme until he realized that NOUN has no approval to offer law when thousands of the programme’s graduates with LL.B degrees were rejected by the Nigerian Law School.
Meanwhile, Justice Ahmed Mohammed has ordered the applicant to serve hearing notices on NOUN and the NUC.
He adjourned the matter to October 1 for hearing.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 01, 2015
dungas30:
go apply is open
Okay,if i pay 7,500 Into d bank and i apply on d net i will print out d admission letter right? wats d next thing 2do AND Pls how many semester is d CourseWork For Masters programme in NOUN
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 7:32am On Jul 01, 2015
Buskolo:
Hello guys, i've got loads of questions, please help.

!st i registered and got admission about a year and half ago n due to work n constant movement i have been unable to continue, infact i havnt written a single exam. what happens to all d monies i have paid?

2ndly i heard Noun runs 3 semesters in a year, is this true and if yes does his mean i can finish quicker than the regular 4 years.

how many times can i change location of study centre cuz my job moves me around alot.

Thanks for your answers in advance

1. Your admission is still intact. Have you paid for any course or exam registration? If yes, you just have to do its tma and pay ONLY for the exam.

2. Noun doesn't run 3 semesters in a year but you can take a maximum of 24 units course to fasten your program.

3. I can't really say the number of times you can change your sc but I have a friend who did twice in a space of one month. Also note that changing of sc takes 2 weeks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 7:38am On Jul 01, 2015
TUNEX89:
Anybody with the link to download course materia should help me with it. Thanks.
Just Google the course code without space

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 7:44am On Jul 01, 2015
zubizareta:
Please can someone confirm if prospective students can go ahead and pay their fees and register their courses. When i went to do my clearance, i was told that if i paid then, that the system will read the money paid as a returning student and that i will need to pay another 40000(school fees) to have access to whatever amount i had previously paid.

Anyone(prospective student) in the house who have paid the school and even started registration should inform me. Thanks
zubizareta:
Please can someone confirm if prospective students can go ahead and pay their fees and register their courses. When i went to do my clearance, i was told that if i paid then, that the system will read the money paid as a returning student and that i will need to pay another 40000(school fees) to have access to whatever amount i had previously paid.

Anyone(prospective student) in the house who have paid the school and even started registration should inform me. Thanks
zubizareta:

You can pay now.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zubizareta(m): 8:08am On Jul 01, 2015
Kazrem:

You can pay now.
you know anyone that has paid? dnt have resources to waste ooo
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dungas30(m): 8:08am On Jul 01, 2015
JIBOSKI437:
Okay,if i pay 7,500 Into d bank and i apply on d net i will print out d admission letter right? wats d next thing 2do AND Pls how many semester is d CourseWork For Masters programme in NOUN
just pay print an go to the school wit d admission letter or visit WWW.noun.edu.ng an no everything about or course
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zubizareta(m): 9:27am On Jul 01, 2015
Kazrem:
pls can I also download course materials for PGD?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by TUNEX89(m): 9:49am On Jul 01, 2015
Kazrem:

that is how am being downloading before, but now it no longer working through google.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:57am On Jul 01, 2015
zubizareta:

yes. Just Google the course code.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:58am On Jul 01, 2015
TUNEX89:
that is how am being downloading before, but now it no longer working through google.
OK. Will share the link to download soon.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Buskolo(m): 12:47pm On Jul 01, 2015
Kazrem:

1. Your admission is still intact. Have you paid for any course or exam registration? If yes, you just have to do its tma and pay ONLY for the exam.

2. Noun doesn't run 3 semesters in a year but you can take a maximum of 24 units course to fasten your program.

3. I can't really say the number of times you can change your sc but I have a friend who did twice in a space of one month. Also note that changing of sc takes 2 weeks.

Thanks so much, I highly appreciate it
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nuelzy: 1:17pm On Jul 01, 2015
when will clearance for new students end?? and can one do it on saturdays...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dosht(f): 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
Please I need an urgent answer. How do I get to MC Carthy Obalende study centre. I'm on my way now from Ajah
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by TUNEX89(m): 1:26pm On Jul 01, 2015
Kazrem:

OK. Will share the link to download soon.
thanks i will be waiting for you for you, even the open course ware too is not opening. I am yet to start anything for this semester and you know there is no time to check time.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 1:56pm On Jul 01, 2015
dosht:
Please I need an urgent answer. How do I get to MC Carthy Obalende study centre. I'm on my way now from Ajah
Smh. Ask of Mc Carthy from the Marwa riders when you get to Obalende.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dosht(f): 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2015
Kazrem:

Smh. Ask of Mc Carthy from the Marwa riders when you get to Obalende.
Thanks smiley
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Zik2: 2:20pm On Jul 01, 2015
Guyz, any info about the last semester result?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by 4realbiz: 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
Please add me to the NOUN Wassap group 08034151282. When will d just concluded exam result be out?
What is the maximum course unit someone can register in a semester and maximum of how many courses? Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tmapark(m): 4:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
TUNEX89:

It will open any moment from now, the school is running maintenance on the website thats why you are finding it difficult to download your materials.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tmapark(m): 4:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
Zik2:
Guyz, any info about the last semester result?

No info yet, result MAY not come out now because of those that will still write that of last semester.
Am not certain about this info so lets watch.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tmapark(m): 4:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
4realbiz:
Please add me to the NOUN Wassap group 08034151282. When will d just concluded exam result be out?
What is the maximum course unit someone can register in a semester and maximum of how many courses? Thanks

Maximum unit is 24, so you can register up to 12courses if all are 2unit courses.

Join buytma.com today
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tmapark(m): 4:42pm On Jul 01, 2015
nuelzy:
when will clearance for new students end?? and can one do it on saturdays...
No date yet. You can do it on saturday depending on your Study center.

Join buytma.com today
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hiswords7: 4:42pm On Jul 01, 2015
zubizareta:

go to www.nou.edu.ng the difference is this one does not have it's NOUN in full.
www.nou.edu.ng
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 4:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
4realbiz:
Maximum units is24
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nuelzy: 4:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
tmapark:

No date yet. You can do it on saturday depending on your Study center.

Join buytma.com today
mine is Anambra...dnt knw if u have a clue if dey do?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 8:25pm On Jul 01, 2015
dosht:
Thanks smiley
Where you able to get the location?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:43am On Jul 02, 2015
Good day. Pls help, don't know what to do. I paid my compulsory fee since 30th June 2015 & up till this moment, its not reflecting on my ewallet...I paid at UBA & I also have my transaction slip...what should I do because its already more than 24hrs after payment
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zubizareta(m): 5:47am On Jul 02, 2015
femisadeola4it:
Good day. Pls help, don't know what to do. I paid my compulsory fee since 30th June 2015 & up till this moment, its not reflecting on my ewallet...I paid at UBA & I also have my transaction slip...what should I do because its already more than 24hrs after payment

Are you are new or returning student? what program are you doin??
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dosht(f): 7:58am On Jul 02, 2015
Kazrem:

Where you able to get the location?
Yeah, with the help of a policeman. Thanks
Was told to come for my Matric number today

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (1579) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.