Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:57 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (579) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3444466 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) ... (1576) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fretfingers: 7:51am On Jun 29, 2016
dest4real:

What exactly is your question?

hi,

I think the question is, can one apply as a DE candidate with just statement of result in O'level and diploma (e.g OND etc) in NOUN?

i.e without the original cerficates for the aforementioned at hand.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Pabaj: 11:50am On Jun 29, 2016
Good morning everybody. I would like to study information tech at noun.I have a bsc in applied physics will that be possible for me. Pls can someone confirm for me if the form is still on sale,how much I will likely spend for registration and also the location of study centres in Lagos. I eagerly await and appreciate your responses. Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by immaculate22: 11:59am On Jun 29, 2016
dest4real:

What exactly is your question?

My question is, can i use statement of result for Direct Entry because the certificate is not ready. The result is up to 4 years now.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by olumbha(m): 12:06pm On Jun 29, 2016
Any problem portal is not opening
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 29, 2016
Hi drexx, you could!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by drexx(m): 2:12pm On Jun 29, 2016
NixowL:
Hi drexx, you could!
Nixowl please are you sure I can? I have always wanted to read economics but the result I have now ain't gonna carry Economics and folks want me to start school this year. I want to run environmental science, then by next year when the other result is ready, I enroll for my economics too running the two courses simultaneously. Btw can this result take environmental studies and resource management

English-credit
Maths- credit
Econs- credit
Physics- credit
chemistry-credit
Biology- pass
Agric- pass
fur maths- credit

Thanks all for anticipated replies and helps
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 29, 2016
I wouldn't say something am not remotely sure about, mate. Biology is compulsory for that course.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by promisechild(m): 5:39pm On Jun 29, 2016
For those in Abuja and are in need of a good tutorial centre for Noun Students.

Legend tutorial Centre kubwa present a comprehensive coaching for all students of Noun both in undergraduates and postgraduates level. Lecture to commence for this new semester on 29/6/2016. our lecture days are Friday 3-6 Saturday 9-6 Sunday 4-6. For more information contact 08139018012
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by drexx(m): 6:15pm On Jun 29, 2016
NixowL:
I wouldn't say something am not remotely sure about, mate. Biology is compulsory for that course.
Thanks Nixowl very grateful. Pls I got this info from noun site

m entry requirements for BSc. Environmental Science and Resource Management are five (5) O’ Level (SSCE/NECO/G.C.E/NABTEB) Credits at not more than two sittings including: English and Mathematics and any of Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science and Economics.

I went to uyo study center today to enquire. I met the counsellor there. He told me to apply. That they should take me. He also said Biology would have made it a straight ball game. He urged me to apply though.

Thanks for the assistance though
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by iyatrustee(f): 6:49pm On Jun 29, 2016
@Nixowl,

How do i go about this. I have funds in my ewallet that can cover my compulsory fees. I thought it would be deducted automatically? I tried registering my courses and it is denying me access.

Could it be that the site is still been worked on?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hiswords7: 7:51pm On Jun 29, 2016
iyatrustee:
@Nixowl,

How do i go about this. I have funds in my ewallet that can cover my compulsory fees. I thought it would be deducted automatically? I tried registering my courses and it is denying me access.

Your compulsory fees shall be automatically deducted from your payment.......the issue with registration of courses for now is with the website wahala. Just chill a bit,the issue might be rectify by weekend hopefully.

Sorry.....I didn't read BTW the line. U need to pay the minimum fee for the semester b4 your portal could be active. U can't load your e-wallet against other semester in NOUN.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by coolbatty: 9:59pm On Jun 29, 2016
coolbatty:
Please people, has any1 been given admission lately?

Can applicants now apply for Business Administration Direct entry into 200l?

Cos I hv been applying for Direct entry to study Business Administration(Bsc) and my admission is being denied even when i have all the necessary requirements.

Also, I have mailed their support centre twice but i hv not gotten any reply from them.

Thank you in anticipation of ur replies.
Any help/Suggestions on this, Please.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 29, 2016
iya.trustee:
@Nix_owl,

Could it be that the site is still being worked on?
Regardless of your ewallet balance, the system expects you to make fresh payments for the compulsory fees per semester; automatic deduction in this case will be on this semester's transaction. Just pay the differential for the registrations you'll be making. *Brought forward balance from previous semesters can be used only for course and exam registrations.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 29, 2016
dr.exx:
Thanks Nix_owl very grateful. Pls I got this info from noun site

m entry requirements for BSc. Environmental Science and Resource Management are five (5) O’ Level (SSCE/NECO/G.C.E/NABTEB) Credits at not more than two sittings including: English and Mathematics and any of Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science and Economics.

I went to uyo study center today to enquire. I met the counsellor there. He told me to apply. That they should take me. He also said Biology would have made it a straight ball game. He urged me to apply though.

Thanks for the assistance though
You're welcome. Your admission will be denied, but since he asked you to proceed, please fire away; they know how to fix that. The important thing is that you get a successful screening.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fejeerow(f): 5:36pm On Jun 30, 2016
iyatrustee:
@Nixowl,

don't just chill...this happened to me last semester,. excluding what u have in your wallet..at the beginning of the semester.. u ve to pay the compulsory fee before the system open for u to register ur courses. then u can use the other money in ur wallet to register for exam and course. happened to me last semester.. i thought it was school issue..i went to school.. IT guy said i need to pay the minimum compulsory fee first.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by josh4christ(m): 5:45pm On Jun 30, 2016
goodday everyone pl how m i too knw the compulsory fee for this semester. Am to resume 100level second semester. So i can pay. Thank u
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by iyatrustee(f): 7:08pm On Jun 30, 2016
fejeerow:

don't just chill...this happened to me last semester,. excluding what u have in your wallet..at the beginning of the semester.. u ve to pay the compulsory fee before the system open for u to register ur courses. then u can use the other money in ur wallet to register for exam and course. happened to me last semester.. i thought it was school issue..i went to school.. IT guy said i need to pay the minimum compulsory fee first.

This is not funny at all. I had actually loaded what should cover my fees for this semester.

I know better now. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by amazingmichael(m): 10:02pm On Jun 30, 2016
Please I hold an upper credit diploma in civil law. Will I be consider for 200 level if I apply for political science
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by olumbha(m): 10:05pm On Jun 30, 2016
Pls anybodi from agidingbi study centre here i need ur help
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Emmagency1: 10:49pm On Jun 30, 2016
josh4christ:
goodday everyone pl how m i too knw the compulsory fee for this semester. Am to resume 100level second semester. So i can pay. Thank u
The compulsory fee 4 100 level second semester is 13k
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by willox(m): 10:55pm On Jun 30, 2016
HELLO PPL, ONCE UPON A TIME IN D YEAR 2012/2013, I WAS A NOUN STUDENT ND I DID D 1ST 100L SEMESTER EXAM. SINCE DEN DUE TO SOME REASONS I STOPPED ND I WISH TO KNOW IF THEY STIL HAV ME IN THEIR DATA BASE ND.IF I CAN CONTINUE WHERE I STOPPED. PLS I ANTICIPATE UR KIND REPLY. THANKS...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by willox(m): 10:55pm On Jun 30, 2016
HELLO PPL, ONCE UPON A TIME IN D YEAR 2012/2013, I WAS A NOUN STUDENT ND I DID D 1ST 100L SEMESTER EXAM. SINCE DEN DUE TO SOME REASONS I STOPPED ND I WISH TO KNOW IF THEY STIL HAV ME IN THEIR DATA BASE ND.IF I CAN CONTINUE WHERE I STOPPED. PLS I ANTICIPATE UR KIND REPLY. THANKS.....
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by josh4christ(m): 11:47pm On Jun 30, 2016
Emmagency1:
The compulsory fee 4 100 level second semester is 13k
. thank u so much 4 the info..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dmxkiddy: 1:23am On Jul 01, 2016
Hi @Nixowl pls is there news on the results yet to be released for 2015/2016 session sept -oct exams (Msc ICT)?

this results is yet to be released after so many months now o , am seriously worried
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by to9ice: 5:07am On Jul 01, 2016
Pls I av bin trying to generate RRR number via remita in my portal so I can b able to pay my fees buh to no avail. Any1 xperiencing such? Any help pls?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by willox(m): 8:13am On Jul 01, 2016
HELLO PPL, ONCE UPON A TIME IN D YEAR 2012/2013, I WAS A NOUN STUDENT ND I DID D 1ST 100L SEMESTER EXAM. SINCE DEN DUE TO SOME REASONS I STOPPED ND I WISH TO KNOW IF THEY STIL HAV ME IN THEIR DATA BASE ND.IF I CAN CONTINUE WHERE I STOPPED. PLS I ANTICIPATE UR KIND REPLY. THANKS....
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 01, 2016
dmx.kiddy:
Hi @Nix_owl pls is there news on the results yet to be released for 2015/2016 session sept -oct exams (Msc ICT)?

this results is yet to be released after so many months now o , am seriously worried
No news yet. Wait for the next results set to be released. If they're not included, then please proceed to the HQ for the answers you seek.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 01, 2016
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 01, 2016
anks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 01, 2016
to.9ice:
Pls I av bin trying to generate RRR number via remita in my portal so I can b able to pay my fees buh to no avail. Any1 xperiencing such? Any help pls?
It's a system related error, try again much later; hope that it's fixed by then.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 01, 2016
vivi.gurl:
Pls, I graduated with a third class BscEd degree. I actually want to do my Masters in education. But I understand, that am suppose to get a another certificate but before proceeding to the Masters. Thing is I don't know the particular one. Want to know if NOUN is offering it. I reside in Delta State. Thanks
PGDE is what you're opting for, and yes, NOUN offers it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) ... (1576) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.