Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (625) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3474303 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) ... (1579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kirusky4life(f): 10:33pm On Oct 17, 2016
author=Datevilme post=50277199
Thanks dear
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by PunterTim(m): 12:02am On Oct 18, 2016
What's wrong with the goddamn portal again!!!

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dungas30(m): 4:33am On Oct 18, 2016
just pray they are trying to rectify the rrrr issue
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 18, 2016
PunterTim:
What's wrong with the goddamn portal again!!!
I just tire for this people
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Endy4all(m): 7:18am On Oct 18, 2016
pamijlove:
Please i need past Questions on English 300 level

Email me for past questions. I'm final year student of English department.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lizlait: 9:56am On Oct 18, 2016
There's no rrr issue anyone is resolving.....I believe its made so so that anyone wud not be able to pay into their portal backing up d point dt tcourse and exam registration are closed....
If u see any alternate way u can pay money into ur portal.....I advise u grab it wit both hands....
Exam is fast approaching....
Wishing us success ahead....
Delizlait biz world cares....
For all ur Tma solutions, we are always there..
Whatsapp...07033776911
Delizlaitbeth@gmail.com
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by optimisttayo(m): 11:47am On Oct 18, 2016
Good morning house pls can i study communication technology in noun with my nce to 200level
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by optimisttayo(m): 11:55am On Oct 18, 2016
Pls, somebody should answer my question.... Can i study communication technology with my nce to 200 love... I have nce in computer science /mathematics.... Help me, pls and is the registration still on
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Franklyn4: 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2016
optimisttayo:
Pls, somebody should answer my question.... Can i study communication technology with my nce to 200 love... I have nce in computer science /mathematics.... Help me, pls and is the registration still on

Yes you are eligible!!! provided
1. That you have an upper credit

2. That you cleared maths, physics, chemistry, biology and English.

The only draw-back now is that the site link is down.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ajiwu: 4:54pm On Oct 18, 2016
Help I need past questions on these MBA courses. MBA 816,mba 826,MBA 812,MBA 824,MBA 804, MBA 814,MBA 806,MBA 820.
My email is fabowalejuly12@yahoo.com
Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by josh4christ(m): 11:04am On Oct 19, 2016
ebiye55:
Kazrem and d bosses,

Can I still drop a course now?
. yes you can as long as its in the current semester. just go to your study center....... if its previous semester course,u might not not be able to drop it
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by josh4christ(m): 11:05am On Oct 19, 2016
tma portal is down again... oooooh.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 19, 2016
Please is there any group on whatsapp for MBA precisely for Benin study center, kindly add me 08028689748
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Okitam: 12:04pm On Oct 19, 2016
Pls where is the venue for exam. For Ikeja study centre.
interested in the exam venue too
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by debawilliam1: 12:32pm On Oct 19, 2016
AdaobiJerry:
Please is there any group on whatsapp for MBA precisely for Benin study center, kindly add me 08028689748
is there such a group? i would love to be added, 08080510324
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Datevilme: 12:33pm On Oct 19, 2016
Hello...

Please i need advise. I have registered for exams, and also done all my TMA's, the issue now is that something came up at work, and due to this i will have to travel, and will most likely miss the exams of like 2 of my courses. Is there a way to like move these courses to next semester, without paying the compulsory fees again? or is there anything else that can be done.

Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by osic(m): 12:37pm On Oct 19, 2016
josh4christ:
tma portal is down again... oooooh.

And I haven't printed out the registered examination form
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by osic(m): 12:39pm On Oct 19, 2016
Tried checking the schools portal on my phone but it's down again, anyone know if it's loading using a PC
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 12:51pm On Oct 19, 2016
Datevilme:
Hello...

Please i need advise. I have registered for exams, and also done all my TMA's, the issue now is that something came up at work, and due to this i will have to travel, and will most likely miss the exams of like 2 of my courses. Is there a way to like move these courses to next semester, without paying the compulsory fees again? or is there anything else that can be done.

Thanks.
In such case, I think there are about 2 options for you.
1. If your destination is within Nigeria, you can change your study centre their and write all your exams there. Though this might take time and there is no much time before exam again.
2. I think there is a letter (forgotten what they call it now) that one can get from his study centre to write exam in another study centre when the need arises. I advise you go to your Sc for proper explanation. 13k/23k no be small money.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Blessedward: 1:09pm On Oct 19, 2016
Datevilme:
Hello...

Thanks.
nothing really lest u ve got a noun bright guy of same department who u trust to write it for u once he's through with his else u write them next semester..
JUST a suggestion tho!!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Omotolale: 7:54pm On Oct 19, 2016
I'm through with my course work but I've not registered for Project till the portal was closed. Please what do I do? I can't afford to wait for another whole year
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by drealj: 9:35am On Oct 20, 2016
Pls house,2 of my pop last semester result was not released.pls what can I do and is it compulsory to do at least 1 elective in every semester b4 someone can be graduate?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by olumbha(m): 11:00am On Oct 20, 2016
Okitam:
Pls where is the venue for exam. For Ikeja study centre.
interested in the exam venue too

??
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by toyowo: 12:04pm On Oct 20, 2016
Na wah for this pop exam o. No one knows the venue for Ikeja study centre exam venue.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by toyowo: 12:04pm On Oct 20, 2016
Na wah for this pop exam o. No one knows the venue for Ikeja study centre exam venue.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
Management Is Working On School website

... E-exam To Start Three Days After The End of P.O.P Exams - - NOUN, Benin-Study Center Director

Compiled By Emeke Nwaoboli (07038864995)

BENIN-CITY - - The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), Benin-Study Center, Benin-city, was agog today after the center director, Dr Sunday Ekanah Kolawale held a two-hour orientation programme with students.

The attendance of the orientation programme was massive as most students were anxious to hear from the 'horses mouth ' Why the School website has been unaccessible for some time and the fate of students who haven't registered their courses and exams, nor submitted their TMAS due to the shot down of students edu-portal.

Below is a compilation of the highpoints of the orientation.

1. According to the center director, the school is aware that its website is presently unaccessible, and is doing everything possible to resolve the hiccup. However, he did not state the reason behind the shot down of the website.

2. He noted that PEN-ON-PAPER(POP) exams will Commence on Monday October 24th as scheduled irrespective of whether the website is reopened or not.

3. He unveiled that POP exams will end on November 15 and that E-exams will Commence ABOUT three days after.

4. He said NOUN has upped its war against examination malpractice and that all students nabbed during such acts will be expelled.

5. He advised students to be confident during exams, prefer to fail and rewrite exams than indulging in malpractices.

6. He revealed that POP examination answer script formats and colours have been changed and that each faculty now have their distinctive answer script colour.

7. He advised students to always pray before commencing exams and be religious with exam ethics to avoid missing results.

8. He stated that Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA) will soon be changed to Computer Marked Assignment (CMA). The implication, he said, is that students would no longer be able to print out their TMAs, nor snapshot it, but will now have to submit their CMAs directly on their portals just as exam is done. This, he added, was cropped up to curb the use of TMAS for malpractice in E-exams.

9. Reacting with echoes of tantrums towards the above policy, the center director asked students which they would prefer between E-exams and POP if they were to use just one of the formats in writing exams from 100 to 400Level and majority of the students nearly brought the roof of the school auditorium down while shouting 'E-EXAM IS BETTER'.

10. Dr Kolawole reiterated, just like he told REPOTA ATLARGE in an interview, that there are 28 toilets in Benin-Study Center, 18,000 active students and over 200,000 NOUN students in about 74 study centers within the six geo-political zones in Nigeria.

11. Sequel to that, he told students to ALWAYS DISTURB members of staff when faced with challenges for if not disturbed, they might not be able to resolve all issues faced by the students.

12. He advised students to always call, chat on whatsapp, text, or email him when faced with academic problems. However, he cautioned them to be diplomatic in their approach.

13. speaking On the fate of students who have not paid their school fees, he said it's their own cup of tea for they had the opportunity to pay for a long time before the mishap of the portal.

14. For those who have paid but have not registered, he said they would be able to register if the portal reopened before exam.

14. IN REPLY TO A QUESTION ON WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO STUDENTS WHO HAVE NOT SUBMITTED THEIR TMAS DUE TO THE INACCESSIBILITY OF THE PORTAL, HE SAID THE SCHOOL WOULD REOPEN THE PORTAL, BUT PERADVENTURE IT'S NOT REOPENED, STUDENTS WOULD BE MARKED WITH A YARDSTICK OF 100% USING THEIR EXAMS ONLY. I.e, students would be marked over hundred percent using their exams only.

15. Addressing the issue of missing results, he said it is mostly the fault of students as some purposely write wrong matriculation numbers or their phone numbers instead of their real matriculation numbers.

16. For those who have missing results, he admonished them to write letter of complaints, or in his candid advice, rewrite the exams.

17. He acknowledged that students complain he is always frowning and advised them not to be perturbed with that as he is a jovial person who is always not happy with the plight of students.

18. He stated that final year students who still have money in their portal would have have a refund as long as they don't owe convocation fees of N10,000 after graduation.

19. He stated that 'new' results have been released and that those who have more than one result for a particular course should notify the ICT department.

20. For those who have more than one exam on the same day at the same time, he stated the institution would be 'magnanimous' enough to allow the students write the two exams the same time as the clash is as a result of spill-overs or students' non-compliance with the school's outlined registrable courses per semester.

21. He stated that physically challenged students and 'original' pregnant women are granted the freedom to enter exam halls without staying on the on the queue like the rest students.

22. For students who have submitted their project topics but are yet to be approved, he admonished them to continually recheck the notice board for updates.

23. He noted that stamping of exam slips ought to have commenced but will Commence as soon as possible. For those who cannot print out theirs, he said that would not stop them from commencing the exam.

24. And finally, he told students to be alert and that they would be informed /kept abreast of any new development.

------------------------------------------------
What do you have to say about this?

Repota Atlarge is a magazine /publication of the Mass-communication department, NOUN, Benin-Study Center. Send us a friend request to get latest information about NOUN.
Whatsapp : 07038864995
COPIED

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Franklyn4: 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2016
Request any past question form 2012-2016
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 1:25pm On Oct 20, 2016
I need an answer please:

Describe a suitable data structure for details of stock items numbered in the range 1 to 100. Each stock item may be held at each of 20 locations. The number of items held at each location needs to be recorded.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Deyinka007: 1:52pm On Oct 20, 2016
Franklyn4:
Request any past question form 2012-2016

I need some... How do we go about it?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by PunterTim(m): 2:12pm On Oct 20, 2016
Anthonyo15:
Management Is Working On School website

... E-exam To Start Three Days After The End of P.O.P Exams - - NOUN, Benin-Study Center Director

Compiled By Emeke Nwaoboli (07038864995)

BENIN-CITY - - The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), Benin-Study Center, Benin-city, was agog today after the center director, Dr Sunday Ekanah Kolawale held a two-hour orientation programme with students.

The attendance of the orientation programme was massive as most students were anxious to hear from the 'horses mouth ' Why the School website has been unaccessible for some time and the fate of students who haven't registered their courses and exams, nor submitted their TMAS due to the shot down of students edu-portal.

Below is a compilation of the highpoints of the orientation.

1. According to the center director, the school is aware that its website is presently unaccessible, and is doing everything possible to resolve the hiccup. However, he did not state the reason behind the shot down of the website.

2. He noted that PEN-ON-PAPER(POP) exams will Commence on Monday October 24th as scheduled irrespective of whether the website is reopened or not.

3. He unveiled that POP exams will end on November 15 and that E-exams will Commence ABOUT three days after.

4. He said NOUN has upped its war against examination malpractice and that all students nabbed during such acts will be expelled.

5. He advised students to be confident during exams, prefer to fail and rewrite exams than indulging in malpractices.

6. He revealed that POP examination answer script formats and colours have been changed and that each faculty now have their distinctive answer script colour.

7. He advised students to always pray before commencing exams and be religious with exam ethics to avoid missing results.

8. He stated that Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA) will soon be changed to Computer Marked Assignment (CMA). The implication, he said, is that students would no longer be able to print out their TMAs, nor snapshot it, but will now have to submit their CMAs directly on their portals just as exam is done. This, he added, was cropped up to curb the use of TMAS for malpractice in E-exams.

9. Reacting with echoes of tantrums towards the above policy, the center director asked students which they would prefer between E-exams and POP if they were to use just one of the formats in writing exams from 100 to 400Level and majority of the students nearly brought the roof of the school auditorium down while shouting 'E-EXAM IS BETTER'.

10. Dr Kolawole reiterated, just like he told REPOTA ATLARGE in an interview, that there are 28 toilets in Benin-Study Center, 18,000 active students and over 200,000 NOUN students in about 74 study centers within the six geo-political zones in Nigeria.

11. Sequel to that, he told students to ALWAYS DISTURB members of staff when faced with challenges for if not disturbed, they might not be able to resolve all issues faced by the students.

12. He advised students to always call, chat on whatsapp, text, or email him when faced with academic problems. However, he cautioned them to be diplomatic in their approach.

13. speaking On the fate of students who have not paid their school fees, he said it's their own cup of tea for they had the opportunity to pay for a long time before the mishap of the portal.

14. For those who have paid but have not registered, he said they would be able to register if the portal reopened before exam.

14. IN REPLY TO A QUESTION ON WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO STUDENTS WHO HAVE NOT SUBMITTED THEIR TMAS DUE TO THE INACCESSIBILITY OF THE PORTAL, HE SAID THE SCHOOL WOULD REOPEN THE PORTAL, BUT PERADVENTURE IT'S NOT REOPENED, STUDENTS WOULD BE MARKED WITH A YARDSTICK OF 100% USING THEIR EXAMS ONLY. I.e, students would be marked over hundred percent using their exams only.

15. Addressing the issue of missing results, he said it is mostly the fault of students as some purposely write wrong matriculation numbers or their phone numbers instead of their real matriculation numbers.

16. For those who have missing results, he admonished them to write letter of complaints, or in his candid advice, rewrite the exams.

17. He acknowledged that students complain he is always frowning and advised them not to be perturbed with that as he is a jovial person who is always not happy with the plight of students.

18. He stated that final year students who still have money in their portal would have have a refund as long as they don't owe convocation fees of N10,000 after graduation.

19. He stated that 'new' results have been released and that those who have more than one result for a particular course should notify the ICT department.

20. For those who have more than one exam on the same day at the same time, he stated the institution would be 'magnanimous' enough to allow the students write the two exams the same time as the clash is as a result of spill-overs or students' non-compliance with the school's outlined registrable courses per semester.

21. He stated that physically challenged students and 'original' pregnant women are granted the freedom to enter exam halls without staying on the on the queue like the rest students.

22. For students who have submitted their project topics but are yet to be approved, he admonished them to continually recheck the notice board for updates.

23. He noted that stamping of exam slips ought to have commenced but will Commence as soon as possible. For those who cannot print out theirs, he said that would not stop them from commencing the exam.

24. And finally, he told students to be alert and that they would be informed /kept abreast of any new development.

------------------------------------------------
What do you have to say about this?

Repota Atlarge is a magazine /publication of the Mass-communication department, NOUN, Benin-Study Center. Send us a friend request to get latest information about NOUN.
Whatsapp : 07038864995
COPIED
Bullcrap!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) ... (1579) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.