Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (645) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3473441 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) ... (1579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 12, 2017
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by thickmass: 2:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hi NOUNITES, I applied for a Bachelor's degree but due to lack of finance I would not start the degree course. Therefore, please I would like to know if National Open University of Nigeria permits one to defer his/her admission?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 12, 2017
thickmass:
Hi NOUNITES, I applied for a Bachelor's degree but due to lack of finance I would not start the degree course. Therefore, please I would like to know if National Open University of Nigeria permits one to defer his/her admission?

yes
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by damiliano(m): 3:45pm On Jan 12, 2017
Pls, how do one print ewallet when one can't log in
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by odinu: 5:14pm On Jan 12, 2017
list
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 12, 2017
damiliano:
Pls, how do one print ewallet when one can't log in

when the portal is ready
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dungas30(m): 6:42am On Jan 13, 2017
drealj:
I think OPEN University(NOUN) is the most useless university in the whole world.Not serious at all,no good management,no staff-student interaction talkless of relationship.
NOUN didn't upload the last e-exam time table of 24-NOVEMBER-2016,but can upload convocation announcement on their wreck website like Federal Republic of Nigeria.Figure head Vice Chancellor without any duty or function to perform,all the know is about money like a Yahoo Yahoo boy or Corrupt policemen.
I pity you the applicant.
Anu eyin applicant se mi gidigan.

Endurance to will the jagaban wey don enter one chance,I mean we the staylite.Thanks.
WHAT DO U MEAN BY WHT U ARE SAYING, ARE U NOT CONVERSANT WITH WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING BETWEEN NOUN AN THOSE FORMER WEB CONTRACTORS? WHAT HAVE THE SCHOOL NOT DON TO SEE THAT THE SCHOOL REMAIN THE BEST? IT GOING TO THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY TO SEE THAT WE ARE WELL RECOGNIZE A STUPID THING? OR FIGHTING FOR OUR LAW GRADUATE IS A NO GOOD THING? MY PLS APPRECIATE THE SCHOOLS EFFORT.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 8:54am On Jan 13, 2017
Payment For New Semester Registration/Courses
Here’s a candid advice to all my friends there in any Noun study centres in the country!

DON’T pay anything yet into your portal until the school management board has announces that it is officially resuming for academic activities.

If you failed to follow the above instruction, then take note that whatever amount of Money you paid will go for the last semester and you will be required to pay another Thirteen thousand Naira (N13,000) as compulsory fee by the time portal officially opens for registration.

Before you will now use the remaining balance (which is the money you paid in earlier) to register your courses and examination.

Please take note that all compulsory fees are removed automatically by the portal as you pay into bank and not from the money you initially have in your account in the school website.

We’ll appreciates it, if you will share this information with your friends on facebook, Twitter and Google+, using the share buttons below.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by samsonbusayo1: 11:09am On Jan 13, 2017
miella:

Lol. It is actually true. The staff-student interaction/relationship is too bad.
learn to appreciate good things
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by faisalcan(m): 4:43pm On Jan 13, 2017
Pls can any body help me with the information where I can get Toturial classes for Criminology & security studies, Within Festac or mile 2 site
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by promisechild(m): 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2017
if u need a good noun tutorial centre and you stay in Abuja, here is a good one

Legend tutorial college, located inside government secondary school(black and white), phase 4,Kubwa,Fct. contact 08139018012
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 13, 2017

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kcboy34(m): 7:57pm On Jan 13, 2017
Next Semester, you are not going to do the normal Tma but CMA which is computer marked assignment and You will not be able to print it out like TMA, once you open it your time will be going and if you close it, it will score you whatever that you have done.

So, I think it is wise to order for your next semester course material now so that you can read ahead before the CMA will come out February.

contact me for your course materials at very affordable price
Note: Delivery is available anywhere in Nigeria.

check my signature.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dungas30(m): 6:00am On Jan 14, 2017
Anthonyo15:
Payment For New Semester Registration/Courses
Here’s a candid advice to all my friends there in any Noun study centres in the country!

DON’T pay anything yet into your portal until the school management board has announces that it is officially resuming for academic activities.

If you failed to follow the above instruction, then take note that whatever amount of Money you paid will go for the last semester and you will be required to pay another Thirteen thousand Naira (N13,000) as compulsory fee by the time portal officially opens for registration.

Before you will now use the remaining balance (which is the money you paid in earlier) to register your courses and examination.

Please take note that all compulsory fees are removed automatically by the portal as you pay into bank and not from the money you initially have in your account in the school website.

We’ll appreciates it, if you will share this information with your friends on facebook, Twitter and Google+, using the share buttons below.
in vew of ur statement is has the portal open that i can login without making the payment? or is there any new website for student
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:13am On Jan 14, 2017
Be patient!!! Until it's officially announced that all Students can use the site..Buh for Noun the website is just there not functioning...some people are complaining of not seeing their amount from the old portal into the new one...So my advice is that u go to ur Study Centre for assistance
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:18am On Jan 14, 2017
Join Attend Vantage Study Centre (AVSC) Today For The Best Noun Student Free 3 Weeks Lectures Starting On Saturday 14th January, 2017 @ No.45 Akobi Crescent,off Caxton Street, Ojuelegba, Surulere, Lagos Or Call 08185025045,08119855931 For More Infromation

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 8:01am On Jan 14, 2017
Prof. Abdalla Adamu, NOUN, Vice-Chancellor
Prof. Abdalla Adamu, the Vice-Chancellor, National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) says the Senate will hold public hearing on the status of NOUN’s Law programme and other issues affecting the institution.

Adamu, who disclosed this at a pre-convocation news conference on Friday in Abuja, said that the public hearing would hold on Jan. 16.

He said that NOUN’s sixth convocation would be held on Jan. 21, at the institution’s permanent site, Jabi, Abuja.

According to him, the bill to reposition the institution recently passed second reading.

There has been a lingering stand-off between NOUN and the Council for Legal Education (CLE) over non-admittance of NOUN’s law graduates Nigerian into Law School.

“The Senate will on Jan. 16 hold a public hearing on NOUN law; in NOUN’s original Act, it was said that it will deliver via correspondence.

“That was why CLE our Law graduates cannot be admitted into Law school.

“That aspect has been expunged; it has passed second reading and once the Senate substitutes Correspondence clause with Open Distance Learning (ODL) clause, there will no longer be issues.

“It took a while for people to understand that NOUN operates full time as there is a difference between ODL and online learning,’’ he said.

The vice-chancellor said that in 1983 when NOUN was conceptualised, it was for working class people but the pressure on conventional universities had made the institution an alternative for young students.

He said that since 2011, the institution had witnessed an influx of young students who graduated at ages suitable for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).

According to him, when the Senate amendment clarifies that NOUN is not a part time institution, NYSC will start accepting NOUN products who meet the age and other requirements.

Adamu alerted the public to the existence of a fake admission portal www.noun.com.ng with the intent to defraud unsuspecting applicants, students and the general public.

He said that the authentic NOUN portal is www.nounonline.com, which was properly secured.

No fewer than 5,975 students would participate in the forthcoming NOUN convocation
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 8:07am On Jan 14, 2017
NOUN PORTAL FINALLY LAUNCHED

by impacttrustprintsadmin

National Open University of Nigeria has finally launched her new portal, This was confirmed in a Telephone conversation at about 11:28am with the school media and publicity chairman Mr Ibrahim Sheme who disclosed it has been launched.

Impact-TrustINFO: Has the school finally launch the portal?

He said; Yes,as i speak to you am presently on the website,

Impact-TrustINFO;So student can now access their portal?

He affirmed: Yes, From today.

After conversation with the media and publicity chairman, Impact-TrustINFO got some feed backs from students who registered on the portal successfully but could not access some features like E-wallet, Course and Exam Registration and some student complained about getting feedback after registration that their (“name is not on the programme list”).

With this development, Impact-TrustINFO made a call through to the department in charge of the school portal National Open University Management of Information System”(NOUNMIS) as regards the challenges faced by the student on the new portal and it was disclosed the portal is still undergoing a test-run from next week student can check back to see development.

Impact-TrustINFO; Student are having some challenges with the portal like “Your name is not on the programme list please contact Admin officer” what do they about it?

The site is still undergoing a test run, some of the features like course and exam registration,remita, application are not available for now and student should check back next week.

Impact-TrustINFO would advise students to be very patient with the school management as the new portal is undergoing a test run. Get ready for the semester activities like getting course materials, enrolling for private classes and other related activities.

First you need to do a Portal Registration before log in.

Step 1: Visit the new link www.nouonline.com

Step 2: Click on Register

Step 3: Enter Details

Programme* i.e your department and degree e.g (Mass communication BSC)

Matric Number *
Surname *
Other Names *
Email *
Mobile Number*
Password *(Should not be less than 9 characters)
Verify Password *
Step 4: Click Submit
if it shows you Success! then you can log in. If not kindly check back next week.
NOTE: Most features aren’t working as its undergoing a test-run, just be patient and try back next week.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by presco34(m): 11:43am On Jan 14, 2017
Does anyone know when Noun is going to release graduating list?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Emanus: 1:19pm On Jan 14, 2017
Pls how do we see our balance on this new portal ? And many of the tabs are not up to date.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by faisalcan(m): 4:00pm On Jan 14, 2017
Pls any NOUN tutorial classes in Lagos around Festac ,Mile 2 , or Isolo site ? pls I need helpful information, I can't read a alone
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by oNj(m): 6:43pm On Jan 14, 2017
Anthonyo15:
NOUN PORTAL FINALLY LAUNCHED

by impacttrustprintsadmin

National Open University of Nigeria has finally launched her new portal, This was confirmed in a Telephone conversation at about 11:28am with the school media and publicity chairman Mr Ibrahim Sheme who disclosed it has been launched.

Impact-TrustINFO: Has the school finally launch the portal?

He said; Yes,as i speak to you am presently on the website,

Impact-TrustINFO;So student can now access their portal?

He affirmed: Yes, From today.

After conversation with the media and publicity chairman, Impact-TrustINFO got some feed backs from students who registered on the portal successfully but could not access some features like E-wallet, Course and Exam Registration and some student complained about getting feedback after registration that their (“name is not on the programme list”).

With this development, Impact-TrustINFO made a call through to the department in charge of the school portal National Open University Management of Information System”(NOUNMIS) as regards the challenges faced by the student on the new portal and it was disclosed the portal is still undergoing a test-run from next week student can check back to see development.

Impact-TrustINFO; Student are having some challenges with the portal like “Your name is not on the programme list please contact Admin officer” what do they about it?

The site is still undergoing a test run, some of the features like course and exam registration,remita, application are not available for now and student should check back next week.

Impact-TrustINFO would advise students to be very patient with the school management as the new portal is undergoing a test run. Get ready for the semester activities like getting course materials, enrolling for private classes and other related activities.

First you need to do a Portal Registration before log in.

Step 1: Visit the new link www.nouonline.com

Step 2: Click on Register

Step 3: Enter Details

Programme* i.e your department and degree e.g (Mass communication BSC)

Matric Number *
Surname *
Other Names *
Email *
Mobile Number*
Password *(Should not be less than 9 characters)
Verify Password *
Step 4: Click Submit
if it shows you Success! then you can log in. If not kindly check back next week.
NOTE: Most features aren’t working as its undergoing a test-run, just be patient and try back next week.

Fake website (www.nouonline.com)

What you said might actually apply to the real NOUN
Website... nou.edu.ng

Please stop directing people to a site that might only be harvesting students' info for some dubious use.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by josh4christ(m): 10:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
got this as comfirmation from someone

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ehizogies: 3:02am On Jan 15, 2017
It is such a shame that despite the time they took yet the site is very unprofessional and unstable... hope this is change is not to empower some incompetent yamhead as a result a change in the school administration. please ensure users data in the previous site are integrated to this new one. if you don't know ask someone that does. SMH.................Nigeria Nigeria Nigeria less have shame.... u published trash on a National daily.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by oNj(m): 5:49am On Jan 15, 2017
josh4christ:
got this as comfirmation from someone

Thanks pal for the confirmation.

I withdraw my earlier assertion that the site was fake.

We hope they soon fix the myriad of issues awaiting their attention.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:17am On Jan 15, 2017
Greatest NOUNITES, 

NOUN's new website is a wrong step in good direction.

I am not a web developer but I think people who developed this site erred to have used dot com when dot edu or dot edu.ng easily state what the site is about. How many Uni in Nigeria use dot com?

In Nigeria, when leaders change baton, problem of continuity arises and in this case, NOUN students are the ones suffering it. We may not know the details of what is going on, but lots of questions arise. Questions like what machinery was on ground that the old VC was benefitting from that will not align with the new VC's interest? 
Was there anything wrong with the former IT system other than they are external bodies? I can go on.

NOUN administrators did badly, they should have informed students or at least brief them about what the school is planning and how it affects them, what they should do. Don't the users of these portal deserve to know that the portal was going to be shut down? 
You ended a contract without communicating to students who haven't finished their TMAs, just threw them into confusion. I am sorry to say, that is irresponsible of the authority.

Now, we don't know if the site has been launched, we rely on rumours to know what is what. Some of us can't even login while others think we should wait.

Then, the timing of the new website is wrong. In the middle of TMA, fees weeks to exams. I will argue that there could be a better time. Websites can be developed and running before shutting down the previous one. After all, they are of different domain names and host. If the site was your source of income as an individual, will you shut down one before the other is ready? Why the rush? Do you care about we students at all?

I demand NOUN Students are appropriately updated about the state of things, how it affects them and what they should do. We youths are just tired of the kind of leadership we have in school and national levels, people call themselves leaders and remain insensitive to the plight of their followers. Just today, Oyo governor was telling students to go and do their worst. Imagine!!!

I wait to see how the complaint site will work, we have so many things to complain about and the site should emphasize provision of solutions, answer to questions and quick update on matters arising. We will not welcome a platform that takes problem and won't bring solution. Prof, our expection is high.

Pardon my grammar and article structures, I wrote in haste and in anger. 

LONG LIVE NOUNITES,
Anthony

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:21am On Jan 15, 2017
Prof. Abdalla Adamu, NOUN, Vice-Chancellor

Prof. Abdalla Adamu, the Vice-Chancellor, National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) says the Senate will hold public hearing on the status of NOUN’s Law programme and other issues affecting the institution.

Adamu, who disclosed this at a pre-convocation news conference on Friday in Abuja, said that the public hearing would hold on Jan. 16.

He said that NOUN’s sixth convocation would be held on Jan. 21, at the institution’s permanent site, Jabi, Abuja.

According to him, the bill to reposition the institution recently passed second reading.

There has been a lingering stand-off between NOUN and the Council for Legal Education (CLE) over non-admittance of NOUN’s law graduates Nigerian into Law School.

“The Senate will on Jan. 16 hold a public hearing on NOUN law; in NOUN’s original Act, it was said that it will deliver via correspondence.

“That was why CLE our Law graduates cannot be admitted into Law school.

“That aspect has been expunged; it has passed second reading and once the Senate substitutes Correspondence clause with Open Distance Learning (ODL) clause, there will no longer be issues.

“It took a while for people to understand that NOUN operates full time as there is a difference between ODL and online learning,’’ he said.

The vice-chancellor said that in 1983 when NOUN was conceptualised, it was for working class people but the pressure on conventional universities had made the institution an alternative for young students.

He said that since 2011, the institution had witnessed an influx of young students who graduated at ages suitable for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).

According to him, when the Senate amendment clarifies that NOUN is not a part time institution, NYSC will start accepting NOUN products who meet the age and other requirements.

Adamu alerted the public to the existence of a fake admission portal www.noun.com.ng with the intent to defraud unsuspecting applicants, students and the general public.

He said that the authentic NOUN portal is www.nounonline.com, which was properly secured.

No fewer than 5,975 students would participate in the forthcoming NOUN convocation
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:22am On Jan 15, 2017
For any info about noun u can call or add me on WhatsApp :08185025045
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 15, 2017
Oseghale1:
JAMB CBT 2017/2018 Questions and Answers.

Are you a jambite? Do you wish to attain 270+ and above guarantee score.

Join our whatsapp group on 09065003165

Go and post this elsewhere
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 15, 2017

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) ... (1579) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.