Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (662) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3472179 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) ... (1579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 21, 2017
Anthonyo15:
Frequently Asked Questions:

1 Q.
I am a returning student. When I try to register on the portal I get the message : Your name is not on the programme list! Please meet an Admin Officer! What do I do?

Answer:
This means that you should meet an Admin Officer in your Study Centre and show him relevant documents that confirm you as a student of NOUN. The officer needs to verify your status (programme, level, etc) before (s)he adds you to the programme list. If this has been done, you then need to register on the portal thereby creating a suitable password for yourself. The password should be at least 9 characters long with no space. It should also be easy for you to remember. In all cases your username is your matric number.

2 Q.
When I try to login, I get the message: Invalid username or password!

Answer:
This indicates you have forgotten your password. Check the keyboard whether CAP-LOCK is pressed. If you are unable to remember the password, meet an Officer in the Study Centre to reset it for you. Copy the new password and keep it safe.

3 Q.
I paid money to a Bank branch using an RRR generated at the bank but when verifying payment on the portal I get the message: This RRR was not generated from this portal. To determine its validity with NOUN please contact an Admin Officer in your Study Centre.

Answer:
To make payments for services available on this portal, you must use on an RRR generated on the portal which you should print and present to the bank during payment. Do not accept any RRR that may be generated elsewhere. Verification of RRR generated elsewhere normally takes considerable time since such RRR s have to be manually by a Bursary staff before they are entered into the system.

What if it says incorrect email
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 11:53pm On Feb 21, 2017
Things are changing in NOUN. 

Compulsory fee for 400Level first semester students which was formerly N28,000 is now N18,000. 

Project Registration formerly N15000/N10000 is now N3,000/N2,500

IT registration formerly N10000 is now N3,000. 

All students who have not been able to login to their portals are required to go to school for ANOTHER DOCUMENTATION. 

Check your emails or visit your study center for more information.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 11:59pm On Feb 21, 2017
dapotemi:
I cant login into the site, nounonline.com since morning..what's happening pls
it's nouonline.com
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 12:01am On Feb 22, 2017
McIrx:
I want to relocate to another study center in a different state.Pls,how do I go about it?
Thanks.
Go to ur study centre..Go direct to the school counselor
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 12:02am On Feb 22, 2017
Vorpal:
Is TMA purely objective?
yes
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by camry147: 1:18am On Feb 22, 2017
Kazrem:

Go for clearance, get your matric number then you can wait till next semester

Have they started issuing matric number for new students? Have been going to Lagos McCarty SC and they keep telling me to come back that they haven't started Giving clearance code and matric number.... someone please help with recent information about this issue
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jorhney(m): 3:26am On Feb 22, 2017
Anthonyo15:

Compulsory fee for 400Level first semester students which was formerly N28,000 is now N18,000. 

All students who have not been able to login to their portals are required to go to school for ANOTHER DOCUMENTATION. 

project reduced to 3k? u must be kidding not possible
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:59am On Feb 22, 2017
Anthonyo15:
yes

Thanks...is tma accessible on your portal? Cause it seem to be currently down.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by uvalued(m): 6:16am On Feb 22, 2017
Kazrem:

It is always on sale
thks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lexrichy(m): 8:26am On Feb 22, 2017
Anthonyo15:

until I see it with ng eyes am not believing project is 3k.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by UncleSnr(m): 8:58am On Feb 22, 2017
lexrichy:
until I see it with ng eyes am not believing project is 3k.
Yeah it is 3k, I registered one this morning.
But I feel it is an error from them or, they have been touched.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 22, 2017
Anthonyo 15, I have successfully registered my details. But the semester is showing first semester 2017 while I should be in my second semester. Please, can I go ahead and make payment? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yubee40(m): 9:56am On Feb 22, 2017
Hello House. I would like to knw if there is any new applicant for Postgraduate level that has successfully completed the application process and printed out the admission letter. I keep getting an error message "programme code missing".

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 10:09am On Feb 22, 2017
Please note:
There is only one semester on the portal which is First semester.

This is grouped according to the School academic year calendar and not your precise semester.

According to the school calendar we are in our first semester.

Respond with "first semester" when it's requested on the portal irrespective of your current semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 22, 2017
Anthonyo15:
Please note:
There is only one semester on the portal which is First semester.

This is grouped according to the School academic year calendar and not your precise semester.

According to the school calendar we are in our first semester.

Respond with "first semester" when it's requested on the portal irrespective of your current semester.

Thanks sir.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Onacamng(f): 10:49am On Feb 22, 2017
I'm a bit confused..I need someone to help explain better. On the website, I see N41,000 school fees for new students but I've been told by someone that the time she registered, she paid over a 100k at the study center in osun state? Where's the misinformation coming true? What is true or false? Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 22, 2017
Onacamng:
I'm a bit confused..I need someone to help explain better. On the website, I see N41,000 school fees for new students but I've been told by someone that the time she registered, she paid over a 100k at the study center in osun state? Where's the misinformation coming true? What is true or false? Thank you

Goodmorning, 41k is the school fees. But due to the fact that you are a new student, you still need to pay for matric gown, register your exams and courses plus other expenses. Just pay in 70k
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Onacamng(f): 11:55am On Feb 22, 2017
TRUEPATRIOTLOVE:

Goodmorning, 41k is the school fees. But due to the fact that you are a new student, you still need to pay for matric gown, register your exams and courses plus other expenses. Just pay in 70k

thank you very much. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 12:09pm On Feb 22, 2017
This is only for those who were not successful with their registration on the new site. As you know, since the advent of the new portal, students are required to click on *"Student Login"* and then when the page opens, you click on *"Register"* where you are expected to fill in your basic details. If such registration is completed, scroll down to the bottom of the page and see the status. If it says *"Successful"* then u know it really is successful and it is then u can use the *"Login"* button to log in to the site anytime u wish and do your normal activities.

If the registration was not successful, and it gives some kind of error messages, then you have to go to the study centre (perhaps the IT department) to resolve the issue. They will do it manually for you and you will be fine afterwards. If your registration was successful, there won't be any need for such. If your registration process was successful and yet you cannot login afterwards, and you tried "forgot password" link and it was still not successful, then you should just go ahead to your study centre for rectification.
For more info u can add me on WhatsApp or call 08185025045
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 22, 2017
Onacamng:

Why don't you go to the study centre and find out? Everyone I saw did not pay beyond 50k including I last Friday. Where are you situated?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Profandie(m): 1:36pm On Feb 22, 2017
Hello people
Can I just copy the RRR number and give the bank or must I print the page as present it to the bank
I will be registering soon
Tanks in anticipation
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Onacamng(f): 4:39pm On Feb 22, 2017
Vorpal:

Why don't you go to the study centre and find out? Everyone I saw did not pay beyond 50k including I last Friday. Where are you situated?

Bonny Island at the moment. Still tryna deciding what study center I wanna pick. Thinking of Osun State cos the cost of living is better compared to Abuja. I've taken note of what you said. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Profandie(m): 5:06pm On Feb 22, 2017
Profandie:
Hello people
Can I just copy the RRR number and give the bank or must I print the page as present it to the bank
I will be registering soon
Tanks in anticipation
Someone should help me out pls
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 22, 2017
Profandie:

Someone should help me out pls
You can copy the RRR code
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Profandie(m): 5:32pm On Feb 22, 2017
AdaobiJerry:

You can copy the RRR code
That means its not compulsory I print the page?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by UncleSnr(m): 7:30pm On Feb 22, 2017
Profandie:
That means its not compulsory I print the page?
Yes.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 22, 2017
Onacamng:

thank you very much. I appreciate.

you are welcome
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 11:49pm On Feb 22, 2017
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T ACCESS THEIR PORTALS

Students who have not been able to access their portals are required to fill their data in an A4 paper, then photocopy and staple their ID cards beneath it as seen in the image below.

Next, go to your study center and submit the data in the admin office or send it via email to noumis@noun.edu.ng

## If u don't av IDcard go to ur Study centre like that

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:15am On Feb 23, 2017
Update on suspended courses

WE just called to seek for clarifications from the Director, National Open University of Nigeria, Owerri Study Center, Dr Mrs Theresa Ettu.

Yes, the information about the suspension of some programmes are correct. But apparently, students are misinterpreting the release.

National University of Nigeria only suspended admissions on those programmes starting this semester. It affects those applying starting from this semester. Returning students are not affected as they will be allowed to complete their programmes.

But believe me, those suspended programmes will be restored in not long a time. You have to understand the management is working to clear grey areas with National Universities Commission.
It do happen; it is normal. Every University in this country do suffer the same fate from time to time.
So press no panic button yet..
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Profandie(m): 7:29am On Feb 23, 2017
UncleSnr:
Yes.
Thanks so much
I appreciate
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by eph12(m): 8:18am On Feb 23, 2017
Anthonyo15:
Update on suspended courses

WE just called to seek for clarifications from the Director, National Open University of Nigeria, Owerri Study Center, Dr Mrs Theresa Ettu.

Yes, the information about the suspension of some programmes are correct. But apparently, students are misinterpreting the release.

National University of Nigeria only suspended admissions on those programmes starting this semester. It affects those applying starting from this semester. Returning students are not affected as they will be allowed to complete their programmes.

But believe me, those suspended programmes will be restored in not long a time. You have to understand the management is working to clear grey areas with National Universities Commission.
It do happen; it is normal. Every University in this country do suffer the same fate from time to time.
So press no panic button yet..
Thank you!
Please is that postgraduate diploma in education? Can't see it clearly.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:25am On Feb 23, 2017
Just-in : NOUN Suspends Mass-communication programs, Accounting, Public Administration and many others

NB : Although we are yet to get a tangible explanation from authoritative sources, from our critical evaluation, we believe the suspension only affects prospective(incoming/new) students.

You know why we think so? It's because from the information,

1. ONLY PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS were mentioned, returning students weren't.

2. Those who do not wish to switch were asked to request for a refund of their application fees which is just N5000. If it really affects returning students, they won't just tell you to request for N5000 after all you have expended.

So, relax! There's no way you can drop out at this stage. Relax, we are making more investigations which would be reported here as soon as we are updated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) ... (1579) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.