Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,122 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (663) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3468580 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) ... (1579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Funpeter: 9:51am On Feb 23, 2017
Anthonyo15:
Just-in : NOUN Suspends Mass-communication programs, Accounting, Public Administration and many others

NB : Although we are yet to get a tangible explanation from authoritative sources, from our critical evaluation, we believe the suspension only affects prospective(incoming/new) students.

You know why we think so? It's because from the information,

1. ONLY PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS were mentioned, returning students weren't.

2. Those who do not wish to switch were asked to request for a refund of their application fees which is just N5000. If it really affects returning students, they won't just tell you to request for N5000 after all you have expended.

So, relax! There's no way you can drop out at this stage. Relax, we are making more investigations which would be reported here as soon as we are updated.
Good day.....
have a Bsc in Statistics and pgde in education
and wish to do my Msc in education.please how do I go about it?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Profandie(m): 10:11am On Feb 23, 2017
I have gotten the form but cannot fill it
What should I do?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SageNaruto(m): 10:23am On Feb 23, 2017
Anthonyo15:
Update on suspended courses

WE just called to seek for clarifications from the Director, National Open University of Nigeria, Owerri Study Center, Dr Mrs Theresa Ettu.

Yes, the information about the suspension of some programmes are correct. But apparently, students are misinterpreting the release.

National University of Nigeria only suspended admissions on those programmes starting this semester. It affects those applying starting from this semester. Returning students are not affected as they will be allowed to complete their programmes.

But believe me, those suspended programmes will be restored in not long a time. You have to understand the management is working to clear grey areas with National Universities Commission.
It do happen; it is normal. Every University in this country do suffer the same fate from time to time.
So press no panic button yet..
Thank you!

In my case, i registered last year but I didn't register exams. I had planned to register exams this semester. How does this suspension affect me?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 11:26am On Feb 23, 2017
NATIONAL Teachers’ Institute (NTI) and the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to enable the institute affiliate its postgraduate and bachelor degree programmes with the university.

This was contained in a statement issued in Kaduna and signed by NTI’s director-general, Professor Garba Dahuwa Azare.

According to the statement, the affiliation will further boost teacher education and ensure that quality and international standard are maintained in teachers’ training across the board in Nigeria.

“The National Teachers’ Institute (NTI) and the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on the affiliation of the institute’s PGDE and Bachelors Degree Programme to the NOUN in order to boost further teacher education in the country,” it stated.

To this end, Professor Azare said NTI had launched its new portal for registration of applicants and students and payment of fees.

“With the commencement of the new portal, a marked change has occurred in some aspects of registration and payment of fees for all the institute’s programmes.

“Part of the changes include: the abolition of the purchase ‘PINS’ and the use of a few number of banks for translation. With the new portal, students can pay through their ATM cards and through any commercial banks of their choice,” the statement added.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Funkybabee(f): 11:45am On Feb 23, 2017
Onacamng:
I'm a bit confused..I need someone to help explain better. On the website, I see N41,000 school fees for new students but I've been told by someone that the time she registered, she paid over a 100k at the study center in osun state? Where's the misinformation coming true? What is true or false? Thank you

madam that person is just kidding you. she can pay over 100k if its include her second semester fees because as a new students you have to pay 41k for compulsory fees,after that you wiil now pay for how many courses you wish to register for your first semester. let's say u want to register for 10 courses. so u are going to multiply it by 2k and if you have 3 units course its 2500 and u will pay 1k for registration of exam for each courses u registerd for ( 2000×10=20000 + 1000×10 = 30000) 41k plus 30k is like 71000 or more depend on how many courses u wish or can afford to pay for this semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donplus1: 12:11pm On Feb 23, 2017
Good News noun has officially released her results while we wait to gather how many marks that was added as promised by the school management..it was gathered and confirmed that the school has realised last semester exam results after much conversation with my centre director Prof AG Suleiman, Model study centre Abuja he assured me that the school has no plans of failing any student Buh promised to brief me on how the school arranged the marks pls log into your portal and check your results note: your GP automatically shows up as well only those on the new portal can access this results.
#Copied

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 23, 2017
Why are the tma not submitting?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bashdecash(m): 12:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
Sometimes I can logon and sometimes I can't...what could be the reason please?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by newman10(m): 12:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
Anthonyo15:
NATIONAL Teachers’ Institute (NTI) and the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to enable the institute affiliate its postgraduate and bachelor degree programmes with the university.

This was contained in a statement issued in Kaduna and signed by NTI’s director-general, Professor Garba Dahuwa Azare.

According to the statement, the affiliation will further boost teacher education and ensure that quality and international standard are maintained in teachers’ training across the board in Nigeria.

“The National Teachers’ Institute (NTI) and the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on the affiliation of the institute’s PGDE and Bachelors Degree Programme to the NOUN in order to boost further teacher education in the country,” it stated.

To this end, Professor Azare said NTI had launched its new portal for registration of applicants and students and payment of fees.

“With the commencement of the new portal, a marked change has occurred in some aspects of registration and payment of fees for all the institute’s programmes.

“Part of the changes include: the abolition of the purchase ‘PINS’ and the use of a few number of banks for translation. With the new portal, students can pay through their ATM cards and through any commercial banks of their choice,” the statement added.

Hello, thanks for you good work here. Please can I pay into my wallet using mastercard or must it be through Remita alone? I see a lot of options on the site tho.

Thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 1:18pm On Feb 23, 2017
SageNaruto:

In my case, i registered last year but I didn't register exams. I had planned to register exams this semester. How does this suspension affect me?
It doesn't affect you. You are a student not a prospective student.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 1:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
*5 Easy Steps to Generate Remita Code and Pay*

1, login to your portal

2. Click on manage wallet

3. And choose load wallet

4. Type the amount you want to pay in the box and choose the method you wish.

5. You will then be redirected to remita page. Write down the code and take it to any bank (except zenith) with your money or use internet banking

cc: newman10
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
Anthonyo15 good work you are doing bro. We really appreciate
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Activeman391(m): 1:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
Having challenges studying in Nigeria.why not come along and lets make you achieve that your educational dream abroad.click link to view information.

https://www.nairaland.com/3646026/studylinkgroup-benin#up
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SageNaruto(m): 2:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
Kazrem:

It doesn't affect you. You are a student not a prospective student.
Tnx
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by newman10(m): 2:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
Kazrem:
*5 Easy Steps to Generate Remita Code and Pay*

1, login to your portal

2. Click on manage wallet

3. And choose load wallet

4. Type the amount you want to pay in the box and choose the method you wish.

5. You will then be redirected to remita page. Write down the code and take it to any bank (except zenith) with your money or use internet banking

cc: newman10

Thank you for your reply. It ask you to select payment method. Is it a must to select "Remita account transfer" Or can I chose any other payment method?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mabel4trips(f): 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
NOUN has closed its new website again
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 2:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
newman10:

Thank you for your reply. It ask you to select payment method. Is it a must to select "Remita account transfer" Or can I chose any other payment method?
You can use others. That's why they put it there.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 3:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
If you check your result and it is poor, that means that your exam score is poor

25marks was added

Scoring 15 or 20marks in your exams will not make your result to be good.
But scoring 25 or 30 will definitely make your result to be good

Thanks for your co-operation
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 3:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
Problems generating Remita Code

POSSIBLE PROBLEMS:
1. He uses the wrong browser
2. He didn't type the value of the money properly
3. He didn't correct the phone number by putting the zero in the front

SUGGESTIONS:

Next time:
1. Use either google chrome browser or Mozilla firefox browser
2. Make sure you correct the phone number in your form by adding the 1st zero that was removed by default.
3. When typing the amount of money you want to pay, never include a comma. If you want to type it in, just type the value straight. e.g. to pay N25,000 into your portal, just type 25000 and nothing extra.. no space, no N (Naira) no Comma... just the figures alone!
with all of these in place, you are good to go.

EXTRA ADVICE!
when you want to check the status of your remita payment and you need to type in your remita code, pls do not include the hyphens (dash) just type in the code straight up. The NOUN site was not designed to include the codes, otherwise it would keep telling you that the payment is was successful.

Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 23, 2017
please i will like to know if TMAs were added in our result
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Profandie(m): 5:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
It's difficult to print my admission letter
What can be the problem
Please suggest a solution oooo
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by destiro(m): 5:55pm On Feb 23, 2017
How do we check the result? Anthonyo15 Kazrem
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
Here are the steps for result checking. In ur portal..
1. Go to *Menu*
2.Click on *course*
3.Then click on *Tma*..... when you log into your tma,you will see *"CHECK RESULT".*

*NOTE :* the link will take you to view last semester result.... Thankz
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:16pm On Feb 23, 2017
Profandie:
It's difficult to print my admission letter
What can be the problem
Please suggest a solution oooo
Try using a PC or better still go to a noun cafe for assistance...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:17pm On Feb 23, 2017
oyegbe:
please i will like to know if TMAs were added in our result
TMA was not added...They gave students marks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2017
Join Attend Vantage Study Centre (AVSC) Today For The Best Noun Tutorials @ No.45 Akobi Crescent,off Caxton Street, Ojuelegba, Surulere, Lagos or call 08185025045,08119855931 For More Information...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:20pm On Feb 23, 2017
BE INFORMED : Collection of IT Logbooks Have Commenced
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by popz: 6:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
i am experiencing the same issue like yours. i want to print my application form so as to be able to get my matric number. just want to know if you have been able to resolve it.

Yubee40:
Hello House. I would like to knw if there is any new applicant for Postgraduate level that has successfully completed the application process and printed out the admission letter. I keep getting an error message "programme code missing".
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Profandie(m): 7:13pm On Feb 23, 2017
Anthonyo15:

Try using a PC or better still go to a noun cafe for assistance...
I was at the study center today. It gave us error and it wasn't only mine
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by olulove(m): 8:50pm On Feb 23, 2017
Pls can I register for my project In 400 lvl...First semester?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ogeodi(f): 8:54pm On Feb 23, 2017
pls, i cant see the results, i only see a blank page

(1) (2) (3) ... (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) ... (1579) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.