Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,456 members, 7,808,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3474101 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (1579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Vevyarn: 9:36am On Apr 09, 2013
Anybody doin environmental science and resource management pls lets talk. 07080270046 or anybody from apapa study centre. Tanx
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayonimoje2903(f): 3:05pm On Apr 09, 2013
Shexy1983:
not yet time. They have not decided...... But make haste while the sun shine.
thanks bro, God bles
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by deesquarediddy(m): 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2013
deesquare-diddy:
my problem with this NOUN programme is actually the recognition and acceptance of the certificate after graduation. I strongly believe in the school as the most effective and flexible way of learning as obtainable in advance world but we know what is obtainable in Nigeria as regards discrimination of one certificate from the other...are you sure employers will not discriminate this NOUN certificate as against the conventional Universities....I want reasonable answers please, am not condemning the School.

can u guys respond to this?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jmoore(m): 6:57pm On Apr 09, 2013
@deesquare-diddy, It is not the duty of NOUN to change the mindset of employers if they discriminate. I don't have a problem with being employed because I can create my own job.
If you are not comfortable with NOUN then join any conventional university so you won't look for whom to blame if you don't get employed.
There are many graduates from conventional universities that are still looking for jobs.

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 09, 2013
jmoore: @deesquare-diddy, It is not the duty of NOUN to change the mindset of employers if they discriminate. I don't have a problem with being employed because I can create my own job.
If you are not comfortable with NOUN then join any conventional university so you won't look for whom to blame if you don't get employed.
There are many graduates from conventional universities that are still looking for jobs.

I thought I'd replied him but he didn't like it and now you're repeating my reply. Pls don't make him drop out. I see so many demanding to serve in the NYSC scheme...does that grant jobs? At the end of the day, they don't even have any degree. I don't get it.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by illicit(m): 9:43pm On Apr 09, 2013
Ossai famous: pls I am buying the form tomorow or next
I need somebody to drop a number I can call for inquiries
am in lagos and am either going into accounting or political science

pls I will be grateful for any assistance given

and hope its nt too late for picking the form
call me 080*edited, if u r optin for pol sci
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by PeterOnyegbule: 10:07pm On Apr 09, 2013
I need to know: where do Noun student take their examinations and tests? wink
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by babadey(m): 11:58pm On Apr 09, 2013
Shexy1983:
not yet time. They have not decided...... But make haste while the sun shine.

What clearance is she talking about?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by baba11(m): 6:22am On Apr 10, 2013
Any Msc Infotech in d house?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 10, 2013
Peter Onyegbule: I need to know: where do Noun student take their examinations and tests? wink

ur house oh!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lloydbanj: 11:17am On Apr 10, 2013
Vevyarn: Anybody doin environmental science and resource management pls lets talk. 07080270046 or anybody from apapa study centre. Tanx
yep!!

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jmoore(m): 1:28pm On Apr 10, 2013
New academic calendar is out, two examination periods have been added plus the one already gone making it a total of three examination periods this year. I hope they stick to the calendar.

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by c33b33(m): 3:18pm On Apr 10, 2013
REVISED ACADEMIC CALENDER
http://www.nou.edu.ng/noun/announcements/Approved%20Calender13.html

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Keziehenry(m): 3:48pm On Apr 10, 2013
needful: @keziehenry. The total I paid as registration was 32500. We are to do 7courses in first semester and 4 in second semester. Registration is 2500 per two unit course and 3000 per 3unit course. U can reach me on my line for more details. Thanks
Tnx a lot.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Joshuahunpe(m): 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2013
u guyz i'm confusing about dis nou, all d state dey only hv study centre, are dey nt having any headquarter with buildings and hostels, cus i want to take form and i'm afraiding of where to live cus there is nt any study centres near me?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 5:21pm On Apr 10, 2013
needful: @keziehenry. The total I paid as registration was 32500. We are to do 7courses in first semester and 4 in second semester. Registration is 2500 per two unit course and 3000 per 3unit course. U can reach me on my line for more details. Thanks
guy wen u get to 200 level wil u stil repeat d 7courses in first semester and 4 in second semester nd acordin to their site they said 200 per cours registration 2unit
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by afangide(m): 5:27pm On Apr 10, 2013
Joshua hunpe: u guyz i'm confusing about dis nou, all d state dey only hv study centre, are dey nt having any headquarter with buildings and hostels, cus i want to take form and i'm afraiding of where to live cus there is nt any study centres near me?
Hmmm!

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 6:07pm On Apr 10, 2013
hw do u go abt d studies,pls somone wit ful xperienc should giv me ful details

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mancheeutd(m): 10:56pm On Apr 10, 2013
That calender just confused me totally.so we hav 3 exams this year.Ђơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ω impossible.we are starting exam june 10 or so.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 10, 2013
Joshua hunpe: u guyz i'm confusing about dis nou, all d state dey only hv study centre, are dey nt having any headquarter with buildings and hostels, cus i want to take form and i'm afraiding of where to live cus there is nt any study centres near me?

Troubles dey! afraiding....how do pple pass WAEC?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mancheeutd(m): 11:10pm On Apr 10, 2013
Guyz pls make una no vex o. Does it mean thi s semester wey we just D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ start will end in 2 months tyme plus exam?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mancheeutd(m): 11:16pm On Apr 10, 2013
I just need someone to help break down Τ̲̅ђέ calender. Why do D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ have fresh students after every semester.
I entered last year oct.and av written one exam. If I write Τ̲̅ђέ one of june 10? Would it mean am done with year one and Τ̲̅ђέ next exam is for year 2. Thanks peeps. U are ever dependable. Not like God sha but una D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ try
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by c33b33(m): 11:56pm On Apr 10, 2013
mancheeutd: I just need someone to help break down Τ̲̅ђέ calender. Why do D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ have fresh students after every semester.
I entered last year oct.and av written one exam. If I write Τ̲̅ђέ one of june 10? Would it mean am done with year one and Τ̲̅ђέ next exam is for year 2. Thanks peeps. U are ever dependable. Not like God sha but una D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ try
Don't confuse yourself please,if you are done with 1st and 2nd semester exams, u are thru to the next level. NOUN admission process is continuous even when a semester is in full swing that is why you will continue to have fresh student every semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by softy(m): 8:01am On Apr 11, 2013
baba11: Any Msc Infotech in d house?

Yes I am in d house. Further more I need to know if one can start his project now nd i need examples (previous titles) of project that has been done.

Also, I want to know what and what are needed as regarding how to go about dong project in NOUN:

Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 11, 2013
c33b33: Don't confuse yourself please,if you are done with 1st and 2nd semester exams, u are thru to the next level. NOUN admission process is continuous even when a semester is in full swing that is why you will continue to have fresh student every semester.

You're right.NOUN should insist more on orientations!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 11, 2013
softy:

Yes I am in d house. Further more I need to know if one can start his project now nd i need examples (previous titles) of project that has been done.

Also, I want to know what and what are needed as regarding how to go about dong project in NOUN:

Thanks.

Which major? Register for your project and get 3 topics based on ur interest and what is expected from ur level and go get one approved.Make sure you can do any one of ur 3 choices and you've the materials to start off.

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by PeterOnyegbule: 12:17pm On Apr 11, 2013
grin[quote author=ferdimako]
Simple ans. is all i need not "ur house oh"
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by AmazeBalls(f): 12:27pm On Apr 11, 2013
Pls anyone for PGDE,I need info on d courses for 1st semester most esp on course code for introduction to educational foundation,asap,tnks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by softy(m): 1:05pm On Apr 11, 2013
ferdimako:

Which major? Register for your project and get 3 topics based on ur interest and what is expected from ur level and go get one approved.Make sure you can do any one of ur 3 choices and you've the materials to start off.

Thanks, my brother.

I have not chosen my major yet.

Is it possible for one to register only Project for the semester, then later register for the remaining courses next semester.

Also, what are the prons and cons of registering for 3rd semester, financially, in NOUN
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by baba11(m): 6:09pm On Apr 11, 2013
softy:

Thanks.
since we have 3 semesters this yr,it is possible we complete our msc programme this yr,we,we are in 2nd semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by AmazeBalls(f): 6:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
AmazeBalls: Pls anyone for PGDE,I need info on d courses for 1st semester most esp on course code for introduction to educational foundation,asap,tnks
pls house come to my aid,waiting ernestly
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 11, 2013
softy:

Thanks, my brother.

I have not chosen my major yet.

Is it possible for one to register only Project for the semester, then later register for the remaining courses next semester.

Also, what are the prons and cons of registering for 3rd semester, financially, in NOUN

Now I know ur major---Info tech,Ms. Yeah try get some good topics and pay.They will give u a project guide book.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (1579) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.