Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,524 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (752) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3473207 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) ... (1579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Benevee: 12:40pm On Sep 12, 2017
Pls did anyone know why bio191 was canceled today??

went to my study center for the exams and was told it was canceled, with no date fixed to write it.

am I the only one with this problem?

I need answer Asap pls
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by v3: 2:22pm On Sep 12, 2017
Applied for a course in Computer Science and when i printed out the form, it had "Access" written beside the course. What does this mean?

Would appreciate a response.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by life4rent: 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2017
ifunanyamaka:

Please I would also like to know when the list is out. Been waiting for it all year.

Waiting for almost a year as well.. . If you have information please don't hesitate to chat me up on whatsapp through that number, thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 12, 2017
v3:
Applied for a course in Computer Science and when i printed out the form, it had "Access" written beside the course. What does this mean?

Would appreciate a response.
Access means preliminary admission, and you are not qualify for the main admission ( you did not meet up with the admission requirement) . Visit the guidiance and councilor unit for proper advice
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by v3: 5:03pm On Sep 12, 2017
I was asked to enrol for a pre-degree after consulting one of the persons there. Means i'll have to spend an extra year for a four year course.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by stinville(m): 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2017
please, where can i download course materials online.
thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 10:33pm On Sep 12, 2017
stinville:
please, where can i download course materials online.
thanks
*HOW TO DOWNLOAD SOFT COPIES OF ALL YOUR NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY COURSE MATERIAL*

Student have been asking for where they can get the *course materials*, today I am going to explain how to use nouedu.net to download all course material for any Faculty, Level or Semester.

So what is nouedu.net? nouedu.net is now the official website were all study wares, general information about the school and also latest news about the school are uploaded, I think nouedu.net as taking the place of the old nou.edu.ng.

I would want to use this medium to let students know that there are only two official website released by the management of National Open University of Nigeria.

The first one is nouonline.net, which is where student can apply for admission and also login to their portal. You should know that all financial activities concerning NOUN are done on this website.

Second is the nouedu.net, this website is mainly for study ware like Course Materials and other general information about the school.

Below are the steps you can take to download your course materials. Before downloading any study materials, you are required to have a PDF Reader on your device, if not you will not be able to open the downloaded material.

*Step 1*

Visit nouedu.net using your laptop or any other internet enabled device.

*Step 2*

At the menu bar, click one RESOURCES , there will be a dropdown menu, click on OPENCOURSE WARE.

*Step 3*

Step two above should take you to the Course Ware page.

To filter the courses to show only your own courses you will select your Host Faculty, Level and Semester as below

Host Faculty: e.g. Science Level: e.g. 100Semester: e.g 2

Then you click on Apply

*Step 4*

Each course listed can be downloaded by clicking on the course code at the right hand corner of the page, under the column labeled Download Course Material
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 12:46pm On Sep 13, 2017
NOUN Law Graduates Confident In Court

The Nigerian Law School had during the recent annual general conference of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) held in Lagos reiterated its position that National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is not qualified to nominate students for admission into the law school. In a response to a question at the end of the conference over the fate of NOUN following the recent amendments of the university’s Act by the Senate from ‘correspondence’ to now ‘full-time’, with a view to resolving the lingering crisis over admission, the Director-General of the Nigerian Law School, Dr. Olanrewaju Onadeko (SAN), stated that the Council of Legal Education (CLE) had not changed its position concerning NOUN, and therefore, “the university remains ineligible to nominate students for admission into the law school.”

READ MORE
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 2:05pm On Sep 13, 2017
NDDC Pledges Support For Ikom NOUN Study Centre

PORT HARCOURT, Rivers, Nigeria – The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Study Centre in Ikom, Cross River State, has solicited the support of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), to enable it move to a permanent site, in line with the NOUN’s policy for establishing a Community Study Centre.

A statement released by Mrs. Clara Braide, the Special Assistant on Communication to the Chairman Governing Board of NDDC, Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba, SAN, indicated that the request was made when Dr. Kate Ambrose, the Director of Ikom NOUN Community Study Centre, led other staff of the Centre to pay a courtesy visit on the Chairman in Port-Harcourt.

The Ikom NOUN Study Centre, which was one of the numerous projects facilitated by Ndoma-Egba, while he was the Senator representing Cross River Central Senatorial District, is currently being hosted by the Federal Ministry of Youth and Development.

Speaking during the visit, the NOUN Director appreciated Ndoma-Egba on behalf of the institution’s Vice-Chancellor, Prof. A.U. Adamu, for his effort in the establishment of the Ikom Study Centre, which according to her, has been of great benefit to the people of the community and its environs in Cross River State.

Pointing out that it has become imperative for Ikom to have a permanent Study Centre, Dr. Ambrose said the Centre has achieved laudable milestone in terms of students’ enrolment.

She disclosed that 80% of the recruited staff of the Study Centre are from Ikom Local Government Area, noting that the effort of the former Senate Leader in attracting the NOUN Centre to Ikom has also helped in the area of job creation in the community.

In her words, “The Study Centre you facilitated has yielded much gain and we are still counting. It will interest you to know that, the Study Centre has made far reaching impact such as increased number of students and maintained cordial relationship with staff, students and the community. In addition, the Centre has conducted three (3) Orientation and Matriculation Ceremonies, hoping to have the first graduands in January 2018.”

Dr. Ambrose added that “We deemed it fit to bring to your notice the University’s Standard for establishing a Community Study Centre as a policy as well as some of our operational challenges.

READ MORE
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 2:31pm On Sep 13, 2017
National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Hosted Northern Literary Writers
The National Headquarters of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) in Abuja, last week, witnessed unprecedented presence of literary writers that converged from across northern states to participate in the 2017 literature conference.

It was the 11th edition of the Literature in Northern Nigeria Conference, with the theme: “Literature and contemporary development in Northern Nigeria.”

The conference had an impressive participation of literary writers and other scholars from the north.

Being a two-day conference, enough opportunity was provided for the literary writers to freely interact, get answers to their questions, establish and strengthen existing friendships, exchange ideas, knowledge, and experience, and possibly proffer solutions to identified areas of improvement in line with emerging global developments.

Critical assessment was done on the impact of literature in northern education system vis a vis the interest and passion of younger generations to pick u career in literature.

READ MORE
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2017
NOUN PARTICIPATES AT THE 2017 SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY EXPO

WATCH THE VIDEO HERE
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by iniuwakmfon: 3:29pm On Sep 13, 2017
Good day, pls I want to know how I can get the course outline for b.sc cooperatives management. I want to get a fill of the programme before i aplly for it.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 3:51pm On Sep 13, 2017
iniuwakmfon:
Good day, pls I want to know how I can get the course outline for b.sc cooperatives management. I want to get a fill of the programme before i aplly for it.
You should find it on the school website. Or type in "course outline cooperatives management national open university of Nigeria" on Google.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by gpercuxionz(m): 6:43pm On Sep 13, 2017
hello house i want to apply for PGDE. DO I NEED TO PAY 7500 FIRST OR HAS THE COMPULSORY FEES OF 40000 COVERED THE REGISTRATION FEES OF 7500... SO CONFUSED...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2017
gpercuxionz:
hello house i want to apply for PGDE. DO I NEED TO PAY 7500 FIRST OR HAS THE COMPULSORY FEES OF 40000 COVERED THE REGISTRATION FEES OF 7500... SO CONFUSED...
They are 2 different things
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jboixxx: 8:24am On Sep 14, 2017
gpercuxionz:
7500 is for your application, 40000 is for registration after you've been offered admission! Hence, they're different and the latter depends on the success or otherwise of the former's purpose.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 11:03am On Sep 14, 2017
National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Release List Of E-Exam Unexaminable Course

Dear All,

This is to inform you that the questions for the following courses are not available. The implication of this is that all such affected courses are NOT are not going to be examined this semester and will be removed from the timetable.

CLICK HERE TO SEE UNEXAMINABLE COURSES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 11:39am On Sep 14, 2017
Nounitesportal:
National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Release List Of E-Exam Unexaminable Course

Dear All,

This is to inform you that the questions for the following courses are not available. The implication of this is that all such affected courses are NOT are not going to be examined this semester and will be removed from the timetable.

CLICK HERE TO SEE UNEXAMINABLE COURSES

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by v3: 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2017
oyegbe:
Access means preliminary admission, and you are not qualify for the main admission ( you did not meet up with the admission requirement) . Visit the guidiance and councilor unit for proper advice
\

Can anyone please shed more light on this? Thanks!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Funkybabee(f): 9:00am On Sep 15, 2017
v3:
\

Can anyone please shed more light on this? Thanks!

Access is like pre-degree,the reason for it is because ur result does not match the requirements for that course, that is why they said u are going to do one year before doing that course. I will advice that person to go to is study center and complained they are going to list other course that relate to ur formal course that u choose then which ur result match their requirements,they will ask you to go and think to choose one out of it, after that they are going to sign it and write that ur choosing course on ur slip and go to ICT center for ur exchange of course that all

Just go to ur study center u are going to understand there better
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by v3: 10:01am On Sep 15, 2017
Funkybabee:

Access is like pre-degree,the reason for it is because ur result does not match the requirements for that course, that is why they said u are going to do one year before doing that course. I will advice that person to go to is study center and complained they are going to list other course that relate to ur formal course that u choose then which ur result match their requirements,they will ask you to go and think to choose one out of it, after that they are going to sign it and write that ur choosing course on ur slip and go to ICT center for ur exchange of course that all

Just go to ur study center u are going to understand there better
Thanks for the prompt response.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Emarc16(m): 11:06am On Sep 15, 2017
NOTICE!!!
BENIN STUDY CENTRE

Industrial Training Defends comes up on the 25th of this month. All ongoing participant that are through with their I. T are to come to school and collect a form from the school before on the 25th which their Employees will sign on then return back to the school counselor for documentation .

Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kcboy34(m): 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2017
kcboy34:
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL NOUN STUDENTS.
u can now place ur orders for ur NOUN course materials for all levels, semesters, programs, departments and programs at very affordable prices and it would be delivered to your preferred location within 48hrs.....
Delivery is available Nationwide(delivery fee applies)
simply contact us @ CKE ventures @ g m a i l . com or call/WhatsApp us @ O8189O23963....
start preparing for the new semester....
God bless you.
God bless NOUN.
God bless Nigeria.
Portal is now OPEN for 2nd Semester Registration!

You can now start your second-semester registration i.e fund your wallet and proceed.

Kindly log on to www.nouonline.net to proceed.

If you experience any difficulties in the process, kindly refer your issues to your centre ICT unit.

Good Luck All
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by UncleSnr(m): 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2017
kcboy34:
Portal is now OPEN for 2nd Semester Registration!

You can now start your second-semester registration i.e fund your wallet and proceed.

Kindly log on to www.nouonline.net to proceed.

If you experience any difficulties in the process, kindly refer your issues to your centre ICT unit.

Good Luck All
One can't fund their wallet yet.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kcboy34(m): 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
UncleSnr:
One can't fund their wallet yet.
Did you try and it didn't work?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Validcode: 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2017
loguntosuzzy:
Please help! I've submitted my filled noun postgraduate form using my tab but didn't notice any admission letter. How do I access d admission letter or do I have to wait for sometime before seeing the letter? Cos when I tried using a PC to complete d registration, I was getting d error message. RRR used up , so I had to use my tab to complete d application and submit but didn't see any admission letter after submission!

I have a similar issue. I went to NOUN office in V.I. A member of their staff was willing to help me redo the application using the RRR I paid with for a sum of 1k but I wasn't with my credentials. When I went back there today at 3:30, they said they have closed and that I should come back some other time between 10am & 3pm.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by UncleSnr(m): 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2017
kcboy34:
Did you try and it didn't work?
I said, there is no option to load wallet. If there is, show the screenshot.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by NokiaN8(m): 5:39pm On Sep 15, 2017
When is the results coming out... responseWhen is the results coming out... responseWhen is the results coming out... response
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zyead: 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2017
Then you scroll down you will see submit for registration and the amount......don't want to show my particular on this network

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anatech(m): 7:56pm On Sep 15, 2017
I did not do TMA for a course, but wrote the exam (in which I got 39.6/70), I wanted to do the TMA today and found out that TMA has closed, can I transfer this course to next Semester?

Thanks for your swift response
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2017
Anatech:
I did not do TMA for a course, but wrote the exam (in which I got 39.6/70), I wanted to do the TMA today and found out that TMA has closed, can I transfer this course to next Semester?

Thanks for your swift response
You will have to repeat the course next semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anatech(m): 8:10pm On Sep 15, 2017
donbrowser:

You will have to repeat the course next semester.

Thank you for your response, for more clarification, will the exam I wrote be scored and added to my GP

I really appreciate your response

(1) (2) (3) ... (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) ... (1579) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.