Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (809) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3474245 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) ... (1579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 11:35pm On Jan 15, 2018
NOUN CONVOCATION CEREMONY smiley

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 11:37pm On Jan 15, 2018
NOUN 2018 CONVOCATION!
This is to inform all graduates of the National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN that the 7th Convocation Ceremony Date and Programme of Events has been announced.

All Graduands are by this notice informed that the 7th Matriculation Ceremony will be held on 20th January, 2018.

Time: 10am
Venue: National Open University Headquarters, Abuja.

All eligible graduands are therefore requested to visit their various Study Centers with their Course Registration Slip with proof of IT and Project registrations for clearance.
NOUN 7th Convocation Ceremony Fees

Graduation Gown: N15,000
Federal Alumni due: N5,000
Study Center Alumni due: N2,500
Total: N22,500
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 8:15am On Jan 16, 2018
JUST-IN

Good morning everyone I suppose we are all ready for the exams (POP) takers and would advice not to take anything that can implicate you POP supervision is always strict so thread carefully. Don't come late to the exam centre at least be there 30mins-1hr to the exams.
Meanwhile to those who are yet to finish their TMA its better u hurry up cos when exam is coming closer the site is always messy and as for those courses which are not uploaded yet check ur portal some courses have been loaded. If you are still doubting on how to go about ur TMA. Macharthony Solutions is available for you just call or Whatsapp 08185025045

Goodluck to u all
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ralphokoemu: 9:47am On Jan 16, 2018
Get your Past Questions and Answers HERE AT RALPH CONCEPT...... ALL COMPUTER SCIENCE COURSES ARE AVAILABLE AND MSC. 2ND SEMESTER....
CONTACT RALPH........ VIA 08140591455 & WHATSAPP (SAME NUMBER)...... EMAIL US @ RALPHOKOEMU@GMAIL.COM

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by iamsammie(m): 10:35am On Jan 16, 2018
Anthonyo15:
What is the point going for the convocation ceremony if they're not going to give me my certificate. Abi is it just to wear their dirty gown for nothing
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lexrichy(m): 11:10am On Jan 16, 2018
iamsammie:

What is the point going for the convocation ceremony if they're not going to give me my certificate. Abi is it just to wear their dirty gown for nothing
abi i don't think there is need.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Wisedove(m): 11:26am On Jan 16, 2018
Someone should help me out please
Wisedove:
Urgent help needed please.
I wish to apply into 200 level with a NCE (Business education) result but when I tried to view the requirements for Bsc in Business Education into 200L it only brings o'level results as the requirements which I know it cant be so.

I further checked the requirements for Bsc in Cooperative Management into 200 level and the results was stated as below:
O, level= five subjects which include maths & Engl.

A-level:
Business Education , Accounting Education and Economics.

My question is can I apply for Bsc in cooperative management into 200level with my NCE result?
Urgent advice needed
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mikeshine(m): 12:21pm On Jan 16, 2018
lexrichy:
abi i don't think there is need.

It's just totally rubbish
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yem0350: 12:22pm On Jan 16, 2018
Wisedove:
Urgent help needed please.
I wish to apply into 200 level with a NCE (Business education) result but when I tried to view the requirements for Bsc in Business Education into 200L it only brings o'level results as the requirements which I know it cant be so.

I further checked the requirements for Bsc in Cooperative Management into 200 level and the results was stated as below:
O, level= five subjects which include maths & Engl.

A-level:
Business Education , Accounting Education and Economics.

My question is can I apply for Bsc in cooperative management into 200level with my NCE result?
Urgent advice needed

Go ahead and apply. Hope you had a good grade in your NCE.
B.Sc Business Education seems suitable for your NCE result
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by llade(m): 1:33pm On Jan 16, 2018
Anthonyo15:
So what will they give us on the day of convocation if certificates are due to be collected in March 2018.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by signeddocuments: 1:42pm On Jan 16, 2018
This country is just a shit..... why march again. And they expect me to pay N22,250 for nothing!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Wisedove(m): 2:09pm On Jan 16, 2018
Yem0350:

Go ahead and apply. Hope you had a good grade in your NCE.
B.Sc Business Education seems suitable for your NCE result
Thanks for your prompt reply, yeah the result is a good one. Do you mean i can apply for that Cooperative Management?
I would have applied for Bsc in Business Education but there wasn't anything written in the A-level as requiment. See what I mean below

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by iamsammie(m): 2:27pm On Jan 16, 2018
signeddocuments:
This country is just a shit..... why march again. And they expect me to pay N22,250 for nothing!
The school loves money, always looking for ways to milk students dry...

That's why they said people should bring course registration form or go and pay again what you have already paid for, when they know you can't take exam without registering for the course and paying for the exam before you can even do your TMA

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ananne: 3:45pm On Jan 16, 2018
iamsammie:

The school loves money, always looking for ways to milk students dry...

That's why they said people should bring course registration form or go and pay again what you have already paid for, when they know you can't take exam without registering for the course and paying for the exam before you can even do your TMA

You guys should stop this. Moat conventional universities won't give you certificates on the day of convocation and you must pay all the convocation fees before you get the certificate.

Stop making it look like Noun is doing something outrageous...

I am a postgraduate student and I attended a conventional university for my first degree. Only few will issue certificates to you.

4 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by keriberry(f): 4:09pm On Jan 16, 2018
Good day people. I intend to enroll for the MBA at NOUN. Problem is when i check the requirements needed, my course is not listed. Studied Statistics (Bsc)... Can i still go ahead and do MBA at NOUN?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by starz100: 4:14pm On Jan 16, 2018
Noun is very good in admitting students, but poor at managing the system . Imagine asking graduands to present course registration slip when they know that many students either did'nt print theirs or have misplaced theirs. Is noun saying that they don't have all records for Project registration in their system that they now want the graduands to provide them with same.
Another flaw is that the graduating list does not contain the CGPA of graduands. In the past it used to.
Again almost everyone at the Masters level had a 'pass' grade. Imagine someone with CGPA of 3.8 having pass grade and another with CGPA of say 2.6 having same pass grade. So how do you distinguish the two students on performance. Please someone should answer.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 4:21pm On Jan 16, 2018
Important Information to all Graduating Students

CLICK HERE
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yem0350: 6:01pm On Jan 16, 2018
Wisedove:
Thanks for your prompt reply, yeah the result is a good one. Do you mean i can apply for that Cooperative Management?
I would have applied for Bsc in Business Education but there wasn't anything written in the A-level as requiment. See what I mean below
You are qualified for bsc business education.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yem0350: 6:02pm On Jan 16, 2018
starz100:
Noun is very good in admitting students, but poor at managing the system . Imagine asking graduands to present course registration slip when they know that many students either did'nt print theirs or have misplaced theirs. Is noun saying that they don't have all records for Project registration in their system that they now want the graduands to provide them with same.
Another flaw is that the graduating list does not contain the CGPA of graduands. In the past it used to.
Again almost everyone at the Masters level had a 'pass' grade. Imagine someone with CGPA of 3.8 having pass grade and another with CGPA of say 2.6 having same pass grade. So how do you distinguish the two students on performance. Please someone should answer.

Masters is different from first degree where you have first class, second class etc. In Masters, it is either pass or fail

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Wisedove(m): 6:18pm On Jan 16, 2018
Yem0350:

You are qualified for bsc business education.
Thanks man
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Onyeloni: 6:18pm On Jan 16, 2018
ananne:

You guys should stop this. Moat conventional universities won't give you certificates on the day of convocation and you must pay all the convocation fees before you get the certificate.

Stop making it look like Noun is doing something outrageous...

I am a postgraduate student and I attended a conventional university for my first degree. Only few will issue certificates to you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:44pm On Jan 16, 2018
All graduands should visit the students portal to complete the advancement form.

To access this form;

Login to your portal https://www.nouonline.net/gstud_login.phpScroll to the bottom of the pageClick on "Graduands' Form"Fill the form by entering your details into the textboxesClick submit then,Print  Form

You are expected to present a copy of the printed form for clearance.

Signed;

Director, Research Admin and Advancement
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 8:38pm On Jan 16, 2018
TOMORROW IS THE SET DAY ON EXAM SCREENING, ABUJA MODEL STUDY CENTRE

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by starz100: 8:43pm On Jan 16, 2018
Yem0350:

Masters is different from first degree where you have first class, second class etc. In Masters, it is either pass or fail
Okay thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Tacticalmind: 10:15pm On Jan 16, 2018
Please, does the school management know about the massive corruption and extortion that goes on at the Ibadan Study Centre​ or is this what happens in all the centres? If so, the Buhari Administration has really betrayed ordinary Nigerians.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 12:09am On Jan 17, 2018
News update !

Pls be informed that if you are a graduant, you are now requested to fill, print and submit a form in your portal for your clearance.

Note that you can also report an issue so as to be attended to .

Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dave121: 2:52am On Jan 17, 2018
Does anyone here have 2017_1 past questions of the under-listed courses below:
CIT427: (Database System Management, 2017 PQ only)
CIT445: (Principles and Techniques of Compilers, 2017 PQ only)
[b][/b]
If you do, please, send to this whatsapp no: 08034671100. If you can snap and send too, no problem. You may ask me want you want in exchange please. Thanks!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by NokiaN8(m): 6:27am On Jan 17, 2018
please if one sees graduan form on his portal, does it mean one is among those graduating? or shud be ignored?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by junioo(m): 7:01am On Jan 17, 2018
Please people how can I connect with noun students.... Victoria irland study center 2017/2018 session..... Especially polscience students.... I v been unable to resume since registering bcoz my has been sick.... Just want more info on when lectures will fully start... Thanks for your help. I appreciate.have a nice day head
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 7:47am On Jan 17, 2018
ATTENTION

Lagos study center exam centre is Oak business school near county hospital ogba Ikeja Lagos
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by afrimerch: 7:55am On Jan 17, 2018
Please i heard the portal has been closed for registration, is there anyway or any insider information that can still allow for one to still register and pay school fees. Pls its urgent

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) ... (1579) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.