Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,664 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (830) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3473320 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) ... (1579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lexrichy(m): 5:12pm On Mar 23, 2018
SONKOko:
Hello

Please does anyone know if NYSC exclusion certificate for 2016 graduates that did convocation in January, 2017 is ready for collection?

your question will be ignored just watch,they only answer newbies so that they can sell tma answers to them.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nach1(m): 6:32pm On Mar 23, 2018
Searching for a qualified GRE/SAT Tutor in Abuja, contact 07034673257 or 08094347020 for the best tutoring and study materials.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 7:21pm On Mar 23, 2018
busky101:
Please can someone tell me how much somebody will spend for biology 100l first semester inclusive of school fees and course registration asides the 5000ngn remita

National Open University Nigeria NOUN School Fees For New And Returning Students

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 7:24pm On Mar 23, 2018
NOUN PROSPECTIVE AND RETURNING STUDENTS

This is to inform prospective and returning students of NOUN that registration for 2018_1 (2018 first semester) have commenced.
Please note that all returning students must first register on the portal for the new semester before login.

NOUN Students Portal Registration Guide For Returning Students
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 7:29pm On Mar 23, 2018
This is to inform the general public that NOUN admission for 2018 session have commenced.

Follow this Guide on How To Apply For National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Admission Step By Step Guide
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LionInZion: 7:51pm On Mar 23, 2018
Please friends, at what level and what semester will one be due for teaching practice or SIWESS?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Philipsdael(m): 8:11pm On Mar 23, 2018
Pls , is noun still offering University diploma ?.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by gche04: 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2018
please do noun students go for NYSE
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 10:51pm On Mar 23, 2018
lexrichy:
your question will be ignored just watch,they only answer newbies so that they can sell tma answers to them.
What if they do not know? This is a 2016 question.

SONKOko it should have been out. 2016 is a long a time.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SONKOko(m): 12:00am On Mar 24, 2018
Kazrem:
What if they do not know? This is a 2016 question.
SONKOko it should have been out. 2016 is a long a time.
It was not out as at late January this year.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 8:05am On Mar 24, 2018
NOTICE!!!

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 8:07am On Mar 24, 2018
LionInZion:
Please friends, at what level and what semester will one be due for teaching practice or SIWESS?

The orientation is a program organised by ITF (industrial Training Fund). They hold it like once in two years in NOUN. In other conventional universities, it is something that supposedly holds every year.

Just as the word "orientation" implies, the program is to enlighten students about the importance of IT, history of IT, why all students must take part in it, what it is all about, expected activities on the IT, how to go about your logbook, basic requirements, etc.

So that students would not just go and do rubbish at then end of the day. ITF usually gives students a sum of money after completing and IT/SIWES program. The money is just a stipend.. I think its 3k or so. They will send it to your account after completing your IT. It's an allowance from the federal government.

You are meant to do ur SIWES in 300lev 2nd semester. However, u might attend the orientation just to have an idea of it ahead.. since it is not something that they do every year in NOUN. The last orientation of such that they did was done about two years ago to what I can remember.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yem0350: 10:36am On Mar 24, 2018
oyegbe:
A good study guild is never a compulsory course for all direct entry students, I only know that is compulsory for Data management Student. if you are having a doubt, you can visit your study center councillor for confirmation.
You must know that if you don't pass Good study guide, you can't graduate.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ananne: 2:47pm On Mar 24, 2018
Anthonyo15:
NOTICE!!!

How will they know they failed the course when results gave bit been released?

I don't think the results will be out till may..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by NouonlinePortal: 3:14pm On Mar 24, 2018
Download National open University 2019/2020 Academic Calendar - Updated January 7th, 2019

https://nationalopenuniversity.com.ng/academic-calendar/
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by PrinyaLove: 5:28pm On Mar 24, 2018
Am in 100lv second semester please how can i change my course from Bsc computer science to Bsc Accounting?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 24, 2018
Please i 'm a new student, 200L, communication technology, please kindly add me to their whatsapp group.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:51pm On Mar 24, 2018
LAGOS STUDY CENTRE!!!

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LionInZion: 6:57pm On Mar 24, 2018
Anthonyo15:

The orientation is a program organised by ITF (industrial Training Fund). They hold it like once in two years in NOUN. In other conventional universities, it is something that supposedly holds every year.

Just as the word "orientation" implies, the program is to enlighten students about the importance of IT, history of IT, why all students must take part in it, what it is all about, expected activities on the IT, how to go about your logbook, basic requirements, etc.

So that students would not just go and do rubbish at then end of the day. ITF usually gives students a sum of money after completing and IT/SIWES program. The money is just a stipend.. I think its 3k or so. They will send it to your account after completing your IT. It's an allowance from the federal government.

You are meant to do ur SIWES in 300lev 2nd semester. However, u might attend the orientation just to have an idea of it ahead.. since it is not something that they do every year in NOUN. The last orientation of such that they did was done about two years ago to what I can remember.

Thank you very much for your response. God bless you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:02pm On Mar 24, 2018
PrinyaLove:
Am in 100lv second semester please how can i change my course from Bsc computer science to Bsc Accounting?

http://nouedu.net/announcements/procedure-change-program
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:37pm On Mar 24, 2018
Important Portal Guidelines

A. UNIQUE ID FOR NEW/OLD APPLICANTS

Perform the following steps to obtain Unique ID;

1. Click on Apply for Admission
2. Select Undergraduate/Postgraduate/PhDProgramme
3. Select Faculty
4. Fill form(Note Select Programme of choice
5. Click View Requirements
6. Click Apply
7. Copy and Note your Unique ID
8. Click Home
9. Repeat steps 1 and 2
10. Click Continue After Payment
11. Fill Form

B. PAYMENT COMFIRMATIONT(APPLICATION/WALLET FUNDING)

Confirm your payment;

1. Visit our site www.nouonline.net
2. Click on " Check RRR"
3. Enter RRR
4. Select programme category/wallet funding
5. Click on "Check"

Note if transaction is successful continue with application. If transaction not successful contact your bank or Remita.

C. APPLICATION

Perform the following steps TO APPLICATION FORM;

1. Visit the site www.nouonline.net
2. Click on Apply for Admission
3. Select either
Apply for Undergraduate programme
Apply for Postgraduate programme
Apply for PhD programme
4. Select Faculty
5. Fill the Pre form details
6. Click on View Requirement
7. Click on Apply
8. Click on Proceed
9. Enter Details
10. Select mode of payment

*Note you will be re directed to Remitta page. Copy your RRR number and proceed to any bank for payment.*

D. REGISTRATION NEW/RETURNING STUDENTS

Visit the site www.nouonline.net
Click on Student Login
Click on Register
Fill form
Click on Submit

If registration successful

Click on Login
Input Matric number
Input password
Select the semester. Note Select First Semester 2018

Print admission letter function is available;

Visit the site www.nouonline.net
Click on Apply for Admission
Click on either
       Apply for Undergraduate Programme
      Apply for Postgraduate Programme
      Apply for PhD Programme
Click on Re-Print Undergraduate Admission Letter

Regards.
From nouedu.net

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:01am On Mar 25, 2018
UPDATE!

Please if you bear more than 3 names in your portal, make effort to reduce it to maximum of 3 so that you won't have issues collecting your certificate.
NOUN will not issue you certificate if you have more than 3 names.

Let me explain better,
1) The way your name is presented on your Olevel result should be the same way it's presented on your admission letter, form, portal, course or exam registration slip and payment slip.. Keep that momentum till you graduate.

2) Avoid the Abbreviation of names...

3) Maintain three names

4) When the presentation of name on your portal conflicts with that of your Olevel result or registration slip you might have issues getting awarded with your certificate. If you are experiencing such at the moment, visit your study centre counsellor and you will be advised on the remedy.
[CRD: Gentle Don]

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Oladtwo(m): 12:55pm On Mar 25, 2018
[quote author=write2obi post=3059 sir if still have the past question for M.Sc IT,pls kindly help me to forward it to this email : oladimejiokesola@gmail.com. Thanks bro
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ayodele951(m): 2:42pm On Mar 25, 2018
Please what is the subject combination to study Hospitality and Tourism Management.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Jusome: 3:59pm On Mar 25, 2018
Pls can some help out, I misplace My noun application form for 2018 I went back to reprint and is not possible pls anyone help out with the way forward... Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Funkybabee(f): 7:46pm On Mar 25, 2018
LionInZion:

From 200lv second semester above though it's depend on ur course of study

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Funkybabee(f): 7:48pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ayodele951:
Please what is the subject combination to study Hospitality and Tourism Management.

English & math,biology,chemistry,agric though physics is not mandatory
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 10:53pm On Mar 25, 2018
NOUN TO RUN MASTERS DEGREE IN LAW

Vice-Chancellor, National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), Professor Abdalla Uba Ahmed, has said that arrangements were on top gear to introduce a programme for the award of Masters’ Degree in law.

He stated this in Owerri, Imo state, when he visited one of the study centres of the university, as part of his advocacy campaign.
Ahmed told law students who welcomed him at Owerri Centre that NOUN management would continue with the battle over the issue of Law School and the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) participation of the NOUN graduates.

He said the readiness of the university to start the masters’ degree programme was part of expansion drive, assuring that all pending issues with the Law School and NYSC would soon be resolved immediately the NOUN Act was signed by the President.
In response, the law graduates appealed to the vice-chancellor not to relent in his eff ort and wished the backing of alumni of law graduates in pursuit of the matter.
Adamu replied that the university management was ready to support the law graduates, but under the confines of the law.

The vice-chancellor also commended the study centre’s director, Dr.
Ettu Ucheoma and his staff for dedication and urged them to maintain the tempo.
Earlier, the VC had visited the Ahaize Mbaize LGA chairman, Hon.
Eddy Enwereji, his deputy, secretary and other staff of the local government.

He re-echoed that the visit was part of his mandates to visit the 774 local governments areas in the country and advocate for the importance of open and distance education.
In his response, the royal father said he would do everything within his power to see that NOUN succeeded in its campaign drive in the local government.
Meanwhile, the Kaduna state regional e-library has formally be handed over to the management of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).
The contractor handling the project, Muhammad Musa of Escon Nigeria Limited, conducted the handing over recently.
Taking over the project, NOUN Director for Human Resources, Professor Grace Jokthan said: “We are impressed with the quality of job done and, therefore, grateful the library has been completed and will soon be in use”.NOUN to run Masters' Degree in Law

Vice-Chancellor, National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), Professor Abdalla Uba Ahmed, has said that arrangements were on top gear to introduce a programme for the award of Masters’ Degree in law.

He stated this in Owerri, Imo state, when he visited one of the study centres of the university, as part of his advocacy campaign.
Ahmed told law students who welcomed him at Owerri Centre that NOUN management would continue with the battle over the issue of Law School and the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) participation of the NOUN graduates.

He said the readiness of the university to start the masters’ degree programme was part of expansion drive, assuring that all pending issues with the Law School and NYSC would soon be resolved immediately the NOUN Act was signed by the President.
In response, the law graduates appealed to the vice-chancellor not to relent in his eff ort and wished the backing of alumni of law graduates in pursuit of the matter.
Adamu replied that the university management was ready to support the law graduates, but under the confines of the law.

The vice-chancellor also commended the study centre’s director, Dr.
Ettu Ucheoma and his staff for dedication and urged them to maintain the tempo.
Earlier, the VC had visited the Ahaize Mbaize LGA chairman, Hon.
Eddy Enwereji, his deputy, secretary and other staff of the local government.

He re-echoed that the visit was part of his mandates to visit the 774 local governments areas in the country and advocate for the importance of open and distance education.
In his response, the royal father said he would do everything within his power to see that NOUN succeeded in its campaign drive in the local government.
Meanwhile, the Kaduna state regional e-library has formally be handed over to the management of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).
The contractor handling the project, Muhammad Musa of Escon Nigeria Limited, conducted the handing over recently.
Taking over the project, NOUN Director for Human Resources, Professor Grace Jokthan said: “We are impressed with the quality of job done and, therefore, grateful the library has been completed and will soon be in use”.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 6:38am On Mar 26, 2018
Jusome:
Pls can some help out, I misplace My noun application form for 2018 I went back to reprint and is not possible pls anyone help out with the way forward... Thanks
You can still reprint it as long as you have your rrr code and unique ID. Send me a pm or WhatsApp my number on 07030340696
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by desoladearie(f): 10:53am On Mar 26, 2018
Hello guys, please i need ur assistance with TMA and Exam Past questions and solutions(if possible) for the following course
PAD735
ACC757
FMS731
BUS729
BUS701
ECO719
BFN715
GST707

thank u. email- onimodupeola@gmail.com
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 11:24am On Mar 26, 2018
desoladearie:
Hello guys, please i need ur assistance with TMA and Exam Past questions and solutions(if possible) for the following course
PAD735
ACC757
FMS731
BUS729
BUS701
ECO719
BFN715
GST707

thank u. email- onimodupeola@gmail.com

send us an email nounitesportal@gmail.com
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kayusely70(m): 11:36am On Mar 26, 2018
Has the national assembly passed the noun act in relation to its law programme and nysc participation?

(1) (2) (3) ... (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) ... (1579) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.