Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3474003 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (1579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 21, 2013
Juwonb007:

If there's none, you won't deal with NOUN? You could create job if you dont/cant get employed. Conventional University grads are there still hunting for job, so, it is not about "which sch you graduated from" But what you can offer.
So, drop that question/meentality (as d case may be) & furge ahead.

All da best.

Great speech!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jmoore(m): 10:08am On Jun 21, 2013
Please don't use Ecobank to pay for your NOUN fees or your money will "hang" in the air
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ichommy(m): 10:39am On Jun 21, 2013
jmoore: Please don't use Ecobank to pay for your NOUN fees or your money will "hang" in the air

Zenith works better
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jmoore(m): 10:45am On Jun 21, 2013
ichommy:

Zenith works better

I know. This is my first time of using ecobank and my money has not reflected in my ewallet.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 21, 2013
jmoore:

I know. This is my first time of using ecobank and my money has not reflected in my ewallet.

Do it manually if urgentt
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jmoore(m): 1:57pm On Jun 21, 2013
Juwonb007:

Do it manually if urgentt
Ecobank got issues. Have you used it before, huh?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Naphye(f): 2:55pm On Jun 21, 2013
pls, i need info abt noun, is it just lyk other universities? What makes it different frm other universities? Urgent reply pls. Tnx in advance
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 21, 2013
jmoore:
Ecobank got issues. Have you used it before, huh?

Nope! But I blv you're given a transaction code. If you're given, log into your portal & get your ewallet updated manually.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 21, 2013
Naphye: pls, i need info abt noun, is it just lyk other universities? What makes it different frm other universities? Urgent reply pls. Tnx in advance

It is a fed unniversity, but a distance learning (you could call it online as most activities are online, except of course, matric, some exams & convocation). No institution organised lectures like the conventional unis, but course materials wld be provided upon registration, which stands as your lecturer. And above all, it is flexible!

Visit her website for more info @ www.noun.edu.ng
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jmoore(m): 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2013
Juwonb007:

Nope! But I blv you're given a transaction code. If you're given, log into your portal & get your ewallet updated manually.
And what makes you think I have not done that? I did that several times for the past few weeks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ichommy(m): 5:40pm On Jun 21, 2013
jmoore:
And what makes you think I have not done that? I did that several times for the past few weeks.
Go to your study centre
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sambroose(m): 5:40pm On Jun 21, 2013
Juwonb007:

It is a fed unniversity, but a distance learning (you could call it online as most activities are online, except of course, matric, some exams & convocation). No institution organised lectures like the conventional unis, but course materials wld be provided upon registration, which stands as your lecturer. And above all, it is flexible!

Visit her website for more info @ www.noun.edu.ng
I fear o......u mean say na text bookz go be our lecturer
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ichommy(m): 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2013
sambroose: I fear o......u mean say na text bookz go be our lecturer

YES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jmoore(m): 8:26pm On Jun 21, 2013
ichommy: Go to your study centre

I have done that and they referred me back to ecobank.
The lady that should handle the problem is on leave.
Even a staff of the bank experienced such.
Keeping my fingers crossed to see if they will solve the problem
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:19am On Jun 22, 2013
sambroose: I fear o......u mean say na text bookz go be our lecturer

Don't tell me you no fit do online courses that you'd only be given course synopsis/content? Even in conventional unis, most/some lecturers won't show up till a week to exam! What about that?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ichommy(m): 6:20am On Jun 22, 2013
jmoore:

I have done that and they referred me back to ecobank.
The lady that should handle the problem is on leave.
Even a staff of the bank experienced such.
Keeping my fingers crossed to see if they will solve the problem

It is well o, dnt worry they will solve, you have the print slip from the bank?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kepsi123(m): 12:50pm On Jun 22, 2013
Juwonb007:

If you'd still want to write the exam next semester, no need dropping it cuz you won't be graded only on TMA, but with exam. It'd be recorded as missing script/absent. Your TMA wld still be intact, but CONFIRM that next semester, if not available, then DO IT AGAIN.
I trust you shouldn't have problem doing the TMA again if not available, as you did it yourself!

Enjoy and have fun.

Sorry to ask the obvious. Please reconfirm your statement above for me.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kepsi123(m): 12:53pm On Jun 22, 2013
tobnical: I hv asked for question paper here; those who have are not ready to release them. Just read ur books page to page and inbetween the lines. U can be sure of success. D questions won't go beyond d scope of ur textbooks and dey will b straight forward in d way dey ask their questions. I mean POP exams

Not true. Got my past questions here. However am doing the msn program so can't help u
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kepsi123(m): 1:07pm On Jun 22, 2013
Abeg oh I have cit831 on Monday by 8. Please please please someone send me past questions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Biosphere(m): 3:19pm On Jun 22, 2013
Plz do NOUN offer biochemistry?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by baba11(m): 3:58am On Jun 23, 2013
ferdimako:

What was the situation beyond control? Did you turn in your script? If no, then if you want to redo it next semester, you must redo the TMAs and then the exams. Only TMAs amount to nothing and nothing is scored.
tanks sir,i'll do just that!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by baba11(m): 4:04am On Jun 23, 2013
Juwonb007:

If you'd still want to write the exam next semester, no need dropping it cuz you won't be graded only on TMA, but with exam. It'd be recorded as missing script/absent. Your TMA wld still be intact, but CONFIRM that next semester, if not available, then DO IT AGAIN.
I trust you shouldn't have problem doing the TMA again if not available, as you did it yourself!

Enjoy and have fun.
tank u very much,sir!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by GetAdmitted: 6:47am On Jun 23, 2013
Direct Admission in Best Management University in India
MBA+PGDM 2Years
BBA 3Years
Admission in Bangalore India

http://www.GetMBAedu.com

E: [email]info@getmbaedu.com[/email]
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 23, 2013
The portal is open for anyone that still has a pending TMA(s). Kindly make use of this opportunity.

All da best.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 23, 2013
Biosphere: Plz do NOUN offer biochemistry?

Nope, but confirm from a nearest study centre. Here's wat I getfrom their pg.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 23, 2013
Biosphere: Plz do NOUN offer biochemistry?

Dont think so, but confirm from a nearest SC.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bigcil: 3:13pm On Jun 24, 2013
hpk:
I'm your course mate. What's ur study centre?

am also a course mate , Abeokuta study centre, 2nd Semester. Comp. Sci. Need the date for PHY 111 and if i can get a comprehensive timetable. Still need help for tma also phy 113(2&3) phy 111(2,3,4).
thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by daezeangel: 8:47pm On Jun 24, 2013
what happens if i don't do the tma for a particular course but i write the exam, i hope it won't be computed at all until i'm ready to submit the tma next semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 24, 2013
daezeangel: what happens if i don't do the tma for a particular course but i write the exam, i hope it won't be computed at all until i'm ready to submit the tma next semester.

From what I was made to understand, only Exam will attracts grading but TMA only wld not. So, better don't attempt exam if you've not submitted your TMA. TMA portal is still available (at least, as at yesterday).

All da best.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by teadrake(m): 7:18am On Jun 25, 2013
Hello,please i wish to enquire and also seek some clarifications;Is anything wrong in acquiring first Degree at N.o.u.n?And hope there wont be discrimination against her certificate at d labour market?Though,Some doubt has already been cleared regarding Nysc mobilization.Gratitude
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jmoore(m): 7:35am On Jun 25, 2013
teadrake: Hello,please i wish to enquire and also seek some clarifications;Is anything wrong in acquiring first Degree at N.o.u.n?And hope there wont be discrimination against her certificate at d labour market?

Which labour market? Those university graduates that are looking for jobs, how many of them are from NOUN, huh?

Is there an automatic employment for all graduates of conventional universities?
If you are not comfortable with NOUN then try conventional universities.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ichommy(m): 8:02am On Jun 25, 2013
jmoore:
Which labour market? Those university graduates that are looking for jobs, how many of them are from NOUN, huh?

Is there an automatic employment for all graduates of conventional universities?
If you are not comfortable with NOUN then try conventional universities.
GBAM

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (1579) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Enskynelson(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.