Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,840 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria (22073 Views)

GTBank Named ‘Best Bank In Nigeria’ By Euromoney Magazine / Is GTBank Forcing Customers To Open Current Accounts? / Why Is Gtbank Naira Mastercard Not Working On Facebook & Google Advertisement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by jarkbauer: 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
I have been using Gtbank since 2006 Yes I love their building and their choice of colour.I guess I am sentimentally attached to them without any good reason. You are bound to meet long queue at the ATM, inside the banking hall is always crowded blessed be you if the A/C is not working and if I miss a Gtbank to see another one you will have to drive for almost 30mins. Because of the crowdnow they have bad costumer service Honestly I'm really getting tired of them. I think I need another bank.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Localamos(m): 5:14pm On Sep 16, 2013
If you want a less crowded banking hall, then try FCMB.
If you want a bank with Good branch network, then you might go to first bank.
If your choice is customer service, you can go to fidelity.

My experience with Unity bank is that they don't have a great ambiance, But their service delivery is pretty Good.
Access bank and UBA have the highest number of ATMs. You could choose either of them if you are particular about reliability of ATM services.

28 Likes

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Sirniyeh(m): 6:28pm On Sep 16, 2013
jarkbauer: I have been using Gtbank since 2006 Yes I love their building and their choice of colour.I guess I am sentimentally attached to them without any good reason. You are bound to meet long queue at the ATM, inside the banking hall is always crowded blessed be you if the A/C is not working and if I miss a Gtbank to see another one you will have to drive for almost 30mins. Because of the crowdnow they have bad costumer service Honestly I'm really getting tired of them. I think I need another bank.
you dont judge or condem a bank because you spend more time on queue.

1 Like

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by jarkbauer: 6:40pm On Sep 16, 2013
Sirniyeh:
you dont judge or condem a bank because you spend more time on queue.

i should commend them by taking more of my time abi? what are you saying!! i should not spend a whole day cause i want cash out money!

12 Likes

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Uzilla: 3:21pm On Nov 18, 2013
jarkbauer: I have been using Gtbank since 2006 Yes I love their building and their choice of colour.I guess I am sentimentally attached to them without any good reason. You are bound to meet long queue at the ATM, inside the banking hall is always crowded blessed be you if the A/C is not working and if I miss a Gtbank to see another one you will have to drive for almost 30mins. Because of the crowdnow they have bad costumer service Honestly I'm really getting tired of them. I think I need another bank.

Most times banks are filled up with customers that can afford not being in the banking hall in the first place. ATM cards, FastTrack and Internet Banking are better alternatives. Unless u r clearing a cheque, raising a draft or making an enquiry, I think it's better to always work with the alternatives. Having said that, I cant really tell which is the best bank, but I dont think I can feel as much comfortable with any other bank, as i am with GTB.

9 Likes

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 18, 2013
In a city where everyone is blind, a one-eyed man is king.

Well tho that seems too harsh, but I must commend them cos they did a good job in getting all those customers, they made other banks to sit-up, lazy banks like skye, but if there is one bank I'd never use it would be UBA and skye.

Skye bank used to have the worst ATM service, you account would be debited but ATM won't dispense. Then if GTB's ATM doesn't work and there's only Skye around, I wait till the next day.

UBA staff carry students money no be small.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by excell12go(m): 4:09pm On Nov 18, 2013
I do not believe GTBank is the best bank in the country. The reason is simple; they have a very poor customer service.
I strongly recommend First Bank.

7 Likes

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Tonniey(m): 4:09pm On Nov 18, 2013
Banks are nt better than each other because the if gtb is good in lagos, they might nt in kaduna or enugu.

2 Likes

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Etumgbe(m): 4:10pm On Nov 18, 2013
Space booked. I dey come back make I go check first

3 Likes

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by adtiezy1(m): 4:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
Localamos: If you want a less crowded banking hall, then try FCMB.

My experience with Unity bank is that they don't have a great ambiance, But their service delivery is pretty Good.
Access bank and UBA have the highest number of ATMs. You could choose either of them if you are particular about reliability of ATM services.
you've said it all lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by jamex93(m): 4:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
Gtb is not d best bank, if you want 2 knw why i say so, come 2 kaduna south to see Gtbank

1 Like

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by walad4yhu(m): 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2013

omo, na Banking n Finance u study ni? Abi jst talking frm xperience?

2 Likes

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by yuzedo: 4:14pm On Nov 18, 2013
op bro my bank is nut registre in nigeiran. but i can hold ur mony for u. i dobble d mony. drop N1millions naira and take N2millions naira in seven (9) days. plis pm me now, is call banana iceland bank. good sweet and big boobsie lady are customer care wink (stricktly no former ashawo plis) undecided

i promiss to make u milonnaire smiley (if u were bilonaire before) angry a try will convuse u. tenk.

19 Likes

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 18, 2013

Nigeria not lagos.

1 Like

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Walexsammy(m): 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
Personally and from experience, I think they are the best for nw

2 Likes

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Mirahcul: 4:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]First bank should be the best option...Their ATM machine dispenses cash faster and the queue isn't so much that of GTB bank

1 Like

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by slimthugchimee(m): 4:19pm On Nov 18, 2013
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by purpinkx(m): 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
I don't think they are the best . the cashiers rarely start conversations with you, they always look serious. Might be they're under pressure or they don't like the job . I can't rate them as the best

1 Like

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Ruq: 4:25pm On Nov 18, 2013
Hell to the faack NO!!!
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Ayomax(m): 4:26pm On Nov 18, 2013
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to open an account with them last week, im enjoying every min of it grin........by the way Fuk Access Bank

3 Likes

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by wellmax(m): 4:27pm On Nov 18, 2013
I seriously don't think so.
If you are just a regular account holder, maybe you will enjoy GTB, but if you are like me, I deal with more than 6 banks, managing more than 17 accounts in all. I can categorically tell you that GTB is the most frustrating. No matter your volume they won't give you concessions when necessary, they are too rigid with policies. I had to pass much of the transactions of the companies I monitor thru other banks.

1 Like

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by pxjosh(m): 4:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
yuzedo: op bro my bank is nut registre in nigeiran. but i can hold ur mony for u. i dobble d mony. drop N1millions naira and take N2millions naira in seven (9) days. plis pm me now, is call banana iceland bank. good sweet and big boobsie lady are customer care wink (stricktly no former ashawo plis) undecided

i promiss to make u milonnaire smiley (if u were bilonaire before) angry a try will convuse u. tenk.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by quest003: 4:33pm On Nov 18, 2013
yuzedo: op bro my bank is nut registre in nigeiran. but i can hold ur mony for u. i dobble d mony. drop N1millions naira and take N2millions naira in seven (9) days. plis pm me now, is call banana iceland bank. good sweet and big boobsie lady are customer care wink (stricktly no former ashawo plis) undecided

dis uncle really needs help, he's just
everywhere with no meaningful contribution

5 Likes

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by chucky234(m): 4:34pm On Nov 18, 2013
I was banking with STB which later became UBA, then moved to First Bank.
Presently I bank with Stanbic,Ecobank and GTB while my wife banks with Fidelity,from my experience with the other banks especially Access,UBA,First Bank,Zenith I'll say without blinking an eyelid that GTB lead others follow.
Ecobank has the worst set of tellers/cashiers,I spent three and half hours on queue few days ago just to make deposit.

1 Like

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:37pm On Nov 18, 2013

Yuzedo!!! grin grin grin
How you always manage to turn every single topic about you is just amusing! Silly fellow. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Eyop: 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
To me there's nothing like the best bank in Nigeria because you must consider so many things before concluding if it's right to say a particular bank is the best or not and most times it doesn't work that way. There are so many reasons why people feel GTbank is the best because they have carefully studied the weaknesses of other banks and use that as an advantage. Take for instance when opening a corporate account(LTD) with Zenith Bank,they require references that has a corporate account with them or any other bank but it must be LTD or no show but someone with a Current personal account can reference a corporate account if you go to GTbank.

And so many other factors to list but in conclusion the best option is to have several bank accounts so that incase a particular one fails,you can easily switch.

1 Like

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by chucky234(m): 4:41pm On Nov 18, 2013
purpinkx: I don't think they are the best . the cashiers rarely start conversations with you, they always look serious. Might be they're under pressure or they don't like the job . I can't rate them as the best
Na woman nyash go kill you,wetin concern you with the cashiers dem, shey na conversations you go deposit/withdraw for bank?

3 Likes

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Feranchek(m): 4:43pm On Nov 18, 2013
Promhize: In a city where everyone is blind, a one-eyed man is king.

Well tho that seems too harsh, but I must commend them cos they did a good job in getting all those customers, they made other banks to sit-up, lazy banks like skye, but if there is one bank I'd never use it would be UBA and skye.

Skye bank used to have the worst ATM service, you account would be debited but ATM won't dispense. Then if GTB's ATM doesn't work and there's only Skye around, I wait till the next day.

UBA staff carry students money no be small.

Bros, nna, I tink sey na only my money dey tiff as a student doze dayz oo00!! Kai! I've wrote it down somwea daht WHEN (not if) I make my SHUT - UP money, I'll never..... I mean NEVER!!!! Bank wid UBA

1 Like

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Sicozone(m): 4:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
I would have ascerted that they're the best prolly when it comes to money management. But when it comes to customer services which can be termed a benchmark to any bank operation,i give it to First bank. And truth be told,Pride is becoming an attitude of GTBank and they really need to watch it. They're becoming too egoistic 'cos of their recent achievements and accreditations. I use to give them a high iota of respect sometimes back,but GTB has lost a considerable bit of that.

3 Likes

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by slimming: 4:47pm On Nov 18, 2013
Nothing is best about the Nigerian Banks.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by phiszo(m): 4:48pm On Nov 18, 2013
quest003: dis uncle really needs help, he's just
everywhere with no meaningful contribution
You really need help!!

1 Like

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by yomalex(m): 4:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
To a large extent yes but they could mess up at times.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We’re Unaware Of Otedola’s Share Acquisitions – FBN Holdings / How Do I Recover A Debt From My Pastor? / Precautionary Tips To Help Minimize Scam On Your Atm/debit/credit Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.