Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Short Story Competition - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short Story Competition (41519 Views)

Short Story Competition - <<Nuges11 wins!!!!>> / Commonwealth Short Story Competition / 2008-9 Commonwealth Short Story Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Short Story Competition by Agrika: 6:41pm On Sep 17, 2013
Im definately in, hope am not too late
Re: Short Story Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2013
Agrika: Im definately in, hope am not too late
No your not dear, your name will be added to the list....best of luck.
Re: Short Story Competition by repogirl(f): 7:15pm On Sep 17, 2013
Clemzy16:

I do have a suggestion that the voting should be done through the like button because definately the so-called 'regular writers' will be bias with the exercise.

you are already bringing bias when submissions haven't even started.... What makes you think the so called 'regular writers' would be biased? What exactly is your issue with the so called 'regular writers'?

@ HBG, thanks for the opportunity, I'm most certainly available
Re: Short Story Competition by Rapmaestro(m): 7:37pm On Sep 17, 2013
repogirl:

you are already bringing bias when submissions haven't even started.... What makes you think the so called 'regular writers' would be biased? What exactly is your issue with the so called 'regular writers'?

please ignore him... What do we stand to gain by been bias? The Recharge card? (f**k it, that's what I deal with here mehn...) or what?
Re: Short Story Competition by Clemzy16(m): 8:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
Ishilove:
Says who? You?
please don't crucify me yet it's just a suggestion.
Re: Short Story Competition by Clemzy16(m): 8:29pm On Sep 17, 2013
repogirl:

lolzz... It's funny how you STRESSED the so called 'Regular Writers' several times; i actually wrote that intentionally.

I know say the thing pain you well-well! Lolzz

Abeg make una no vex @Regularwriters
Re: Short Story Competition by Clemzy16(m): 8:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Every dckk, tom and harry can click on the like button that's why we need the judges. Moreover, why will they be biased? Over what exactly? The writers here at the Lit section knows what it takes to put up a story, so I'm certain they won't let their emotions over a handle get the best of them.

Also, its a team of judges, so if a single judge is biased, its easy for other judge's votes to super-impose his/hers and make it irrelevant; just like a jury in a law court.
okay sir.
Re: Short Story Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2013
Clemzy16: lolzz... It's funny how you STRESSED the so called 'Regular Writers' several times; i actually wrote that intentionally.

Guy abeg, take your wahala somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Short Story Competition by Clemzy16(m): 8:39pm On Sep 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Guy abeg, take your wahala somewhere.
Na you dey find wahala now o, abi my plea neva do
Re: Short Story Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:42pm On Sep 17, 2013
repogirl:

thanks ma'am
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 8:42pm On Sep 17, 2013
Floor is still open for more writers...
Re: Short Story Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:43pm On Sep 17, 2013
Clemzy16: Na you dey find wahala now o, abi my plea neva do
which plea?

Go get some sleep.
Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 9:02pm On Sep 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Ok, please confirm your availability if your name is on this list thanks, it is a list of Judges, people who have finished stories on this section.

Mynd44
Ishilove
Omolola
Frank
Princesa
Repogirl
Glowingscences
Neduzze
Yemi2Plus2
Oahray
Mazi
Hbg
Chistar
Dygeasy
Rap Maestro
Flow
Red Mosquito

Erm there are names I haven't included, will be right back to edit this list.

Don't test my patience Grace. I have checked this list. The person I keep seeing is ''Flow''. I am not Flow. We have two Flows on nairaland. I am only opportuned to add his name to mine. We have but one Foxy. If you wanna put me, make it Foxy *sumfin*.

Thanks...
Re: Short Story Competition by repogirl(f): 9:11pm On Sep 17, 2013
Clemzy16: lolzz... It's funny how you STRESSED the so called 'Regular Writers' several times; i actually wrote that intentionally.

you are so funny, you are sure it pained me as that was what you were going for when you made the statement, for it to pain the so called 'regular writers'.

its such a shame you failed to see my sarcasm behind its repetition. Anyway I know your real issue and how to solve it for you.

its you who its really paining for not being able to partake in judging, you are envious of the few privileged ones who have been asked to partake and that's why you opted for the like button so you could actively participate.

the solution is easy, write a story to it's completion, get a few hundred readers and followers, also a few thousand views. Pull it off and then you'll know what it feels like to be a so called 'regular writer'.

as for your half a'ssed apology, I offer it back to you, you can shove it up 'you know where'
Re: Short Story Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:11pm On Sep 17, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

Don't test my patience Grace. I have checked this list. The person I keep seeing is ''Flow''. I am not Flow. We have two Flows on nairaland. I am only opportuned to add his name to mine. We have but one Foxy. If you wanna put me, make it Foxy *sumfin*.

Thanks...
undecided
Re: Short Story Competition by Dygeasy(m): 9:17pm On Sep 17, 2013
repogirl:

you are so funny, you are sure it pained me as that was what you were going for when you made the statement, for it to pain the so called 'regular writers'.

its such a shame you failed to see my sarcasm behind its repetition. Anyway I know your real issue and how to solve it for you.

its you who its really paining for not being able to partake in judging, you are envious of the few privileged ones who have been asked to partake and that's why you opted for the like button so you could actively participate.

the solution is easy, write a story to it's completion, get a few hundred readers and followers, also a few thousand views. Pull it off and then you'll know what it feels like to be a so called 'regular writer'.

as for your half a'ssed apology, I offer it back to you, you can shove it up 'you know where'
gringringrin

Don't Mind Him Jare. *hands her a chilled coke bottle*
Re: Short Story Competition by Dygeasy(m): 9:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: undecided
Don't Get Worked Up Ma'am grin... Its Foxygrin
Re: Short Story Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
repogirl:

habatically ma'am....take it easy love. kiss
Re: Short Story Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
Dygeasy: Don't Get Worked Up Ma'am grin... Its Foxygrin
lol, that's why m acting like this, we all know our brother. tongue
Re: Short Story Competition by Clemzy16(m): 9:35pm On Sep 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: which plea?

Go get some sleep.
e don do abeg.
Re: Short Story Competition by Clemzy16(m): 9:39pm On Sep 17, 2013
repogirl:

thanks for the lecture. Henceforth i'm going to ignore your comment. You know what they say about silence being the best answer to a ****. In yuzedo's voice "I GIVE UP!
Re: Short Story Competition by repogirl(f): 9:40pm On Sep 17, 2013
Really, people shouldn't just spew the first things that come into their heads.
HumbledbYGrace: habatically ma'am....take it easy love. kiss
Dygeasy: gringringrin

Don't Mind Him Jare. *hands her a chilled coke bottle*
am not pissed o, far from it.
Re: Short Story Competition by Wesslier(m): 9:46pm On Sep 17, 2013
Clemzy16: e don do abeg.

lolz... Warri go say " e rech"
Re: Short Story Competition by repogirl(f): 9:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
Clemzy16: thanks for the lecture. Henceforth i'm going to ignore your comment. You know what they say about silence being the best answer to a ****. In yuzedo's voice "I GIVE UP!

smiley, look who's talking bout foolishness, that's just an easy answer to ur lack of a reply. Anyhoo, I will oblige you your silence, I've already read too much rubbish from you anyway.
Re: Short Story Competition by kayemjay(m): 10:01pm On Sep 17, 2013
We are supposed to set examples for fresh writers.

Not show a mockery of ourselves.

@repo, let it lie. Hundreds of fans already know what you are worth.

Me sef wey my name nor dey, I siddon dey look.

Let's get on with the business of the thread pls.

1 Like

Re: Short Story Competition by repogirl(f): 10:12pm On Sep 17, 2013
Kayemjay, I haf let it lie o but the point I was trying to put across is give reasonable suggestions and do not belittle others because of envy or whatever.
it was never about me.
Re: Short Story Competition by infoscope(m): 11:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
I do non-fictions, and had never tried my hands on fictions, this is an opportunity for me to churn out some literary juices.

I'm in...
Re: Short Story Competition by Numerouuuno: 6:55am On Sep 18, 2013
I'm in mazi
Please,i hope I'm not too late?

1 Like

Re: Short Story Competition by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 18, 2013
I guess I'm qualified eh? cheesy

See next month's subscription!

*still thinking*

1 Like

Re: Short Story Competition by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:39am On Sep 18, 2013
Br3nd4: I guess I'm qualified eh? cheesy

See next month's subscription!

*still thinking*
you write too And I was about to add you to the list of critiques eish sad
Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 10:41am On Sep 18, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: you write too And I was about to add you to the list of critiques eish sad

Do you know I have been waiting for you to change that list to no avail? Grace, you dey try my patience o
Re: Short Story Competition by sambroose(m): 11:01am On Sep 18, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Floor is still open for more writers...
game on, mazi am interested

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Where Is The Guy I Married?....... A Short Christian Romance Story / Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. / The Madam At The Top

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.