Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,418 members, 7,781,217 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:47 AM

Most Interesting Bible Verses? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Most Interesting Bible Verses? (3575 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / 1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES / Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Interesting Bible Verses? by actoor(m): 6:00pm On Jun 20, 2008
Lets du it like a game. I ill post mine, i mean the most torching part of Bible passage that interest me most .

Who is like unto thee, O lord, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders.
Genesis 15:11.
Re: Most Interesting Bible Verses? by james1(m): 6:12pm On Jun 20, 2008
My Most interesting bible verse is:

And he is before all things,and by him all things consist.

Colossians 1:17
Re: Most Interesting Bible Verses? by actoor(m): 6:23pm On Jun 20, 2008
And Jacob kissed Rachel, and lifted up his voice, and WEPT, grin cheesy sad
Genesis 29:11.
Re: Most Interesting Bible Verses? by olabowale(m): 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2008
@Poster:

Lets du it like a game. I ill post mine, i mean the most torching part of Bible passage that interest me most .

Who is like unto thee, O lord, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders.

This would not be Jesus being spoken about here, as Lord even among those who may call themselves or be called god by others. Or would it?
Re: Most Interesting Bible Verses? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 20, 2008
olabowale:

@Poster:
This would not be Jesus being spoken about here, as Lord even among those who may call themselves or be called god by others. Or would it?
Insofar as Jesus is God-incarnate, this verse talks about him.
Re: Most Interesting Bible Verses? by samba123(m): 7:14pm On Jun 20, 2008
imhotep:

Insofar as Jesus is God-incarnate, this verse talks about him.

Much assertion without fact , prove it how?
Re: Most Interesting Bible Verses? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 20, 2008
samba123:

Much assertion without fact , prove it how?
Read the new testament without prejudice.
Re: Most Interesting Bible Verses? by samba123(m): 7:23pm On Jun 20, 2008
imhotep:

Read the new testament without prejudice.

and who among you can describe, when God say's WHO IS LIKE UNTO THEE? can you compare that to Jesus as among the gods he mention?
Re: Most Interesting Bible Verses? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 20, 2008
This is what Jesus has to say about his own genealogy

Mark 12:35-37 =>

35 While Jesus was teaching in the temple courts, he asked, "How is it that the teachers of the law say that the Christ is the son of David?

36 David himself, speaking by the Holy Spirit, declared:
" 'The Lord said to my Lord:
"Sit at my right hand
until I put your enemies
under your feet." ' (See Psalm 110:1)

37 David himself calls him 'Lord.' How then can he be his son?" The large crowd listened to him with delight.
Re: Most Interesting Bible Verses? by actoor(m): 11:17am On Jun 21, 2008
Simple instruction.

The thief comes not but, to steal, kills & destroy.
john 10:10.
Re: Most Interesting Bible Verses? by samba123(m): 6:06pm On Jun 21, 2008
imhotep:

This is what Jesus has to say about his own genealogy

Mark 12:35-37 =>

35 While Jesus was teaching in the temple courts, he asked, "How is it that the teachers of the law say that the Christ is the son of David?

36 David himself, speaking by the Holy Spirit, declared:
" 'The Lord said to my Lord:
"Sit at my right hand
until I put your enemies
under your feet." ' (See Psalm 110:1)

37 David himself calls him 'Lord.' How then can he be his son?" The large crowd listened to him with delight.

Your responses not even closer to the passage presented earlier. Did God define as genealogy of Jesus or the son of David? Read its simple no need to translate or interpret.

Who is like unto thee, O lord, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders. Genesis 15:11.

Can that verses defined what God say’s Who is like unto thee among the gods he created? the human can just see in his surrounding environment or the creations that mind can achieve. If we just featuring such object of the creations of God that invalidate the existence of the true God. [b]The verse is very clear God describes himself as the Glorious holiness, fearful in praises, and doing wonders[/b]. This description not even Jesus(as) are entitles to this divinity us what the Christians believes as God incarnate. If this is not authentic passage in the Genesis then its another contradictory route. And what the fundamentalist will say’s don’t take it literally because most of the passages in the bibles are flawed. What do you think inerrant?
Re: Most Interesting Bible Verses? by abasifo(m): 7:52pm On Jun 21, 2008
and he said unto me son of man
,can these bones live?And i answered ,
o lord god thou knowest

ezekiel 37 vs 4 to 10
Re: Most Interesting Bible Verses? by abasifo(m): 7:58pm On Jun 21, 2008
the woman shall not wear that which pertaineth
unto man, neither shall a man put on a woman garment :
for all that do so are abominationunto the lord they god

deuteronomy 22 vs 5
Re: Most Interesting Bible Verses? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 21, 2008
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force-------------matthew 11:12

i love this bible verse

1 Like

Re: Most Interesting Bible Verses? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 21, 2008
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

1 peter 5:10
Re: Most Interesting Bible Verses? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 21, 2008
He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

1 john 3:8

psalm 91:7A :thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

psalm 91:16 :With long life will I satisfy you, and shew you my salvation.
Re: Most Interesting Bible Verses? by actoor(m): 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2008
`And he said unto them, I am an Hebrew; and I fear the Lord the God of heaven, which hath made the sea and the dry Land.
Jonah 1:9.

(1) (Reply)

New Year Cross Over Night Themes In Churches / What Exactly Is Speaking In Tongues. / Why Did Jesus Come???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.