Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,404 members, 7,800,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles (16756 Views)

Victor Moses Happy With Eagles Return / Bonfrere Jo Says He Is The ‘right Man’ To Coach Nigeria Eagles / Bonfrere Jo Re-joins Dream Team In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by CARLISTO77(m): 4:42pm On Sep 17, 2013
(First leg: 11-15 October, 2013)

(Second leg: 15-19 November, 2013)

Cote d'Ivoire

VS

Senegal

Ethiopia

VS

Nigeria

Tunisia

VS

Cameroon

Ghana

VS

Egypt

Burkina Faso

VS

Algeria

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by Eklektika(m): 4:46pm On Sep 17, 2013
Stegomiah: [b]I think he is being sarcastic with his comments, no one gave the super eagles a chance, especially considering the fact that they had to face ivorycoast in the Q.F's, ​ and i for one believe if we have many key players like onazi, moses and emmenike in the confederations cup, we will atleast reach the quarterfinals of the competition.

Yes, the individual skills(lyk we had in okochas dayz is no more there), the flair is no more there, their game is slow, he was right, but by far keshi will go down in history as one of the best coaches in African football, no one woud have given the homebased players a chance, yet he was able to integrate them into †ђξ team, he blended them wit their foreign professionals and made them a important part of the squad, he is also a disciplinarian, and someone who brings the best out of his players, mikel has never been this good under any previous national team coach, no one knows mba before keshi era...

Lest, i forget he has never lost any match prior to the confed cup in brazil, and yet to lose to an african opponent, dats impressive, face it mr. Bonfere jo, stephen keshi is a better coach than you were, than you are and than you would ever be, that's the bitter truth!

Enjoy your retirement sire! Watch the super eagles qualify for the world cup, perform well at the competition, and hoopefully win the competition. As for me and many other naija football fans, we are happy and impressed with the team, your opinion does not matter.

#team eagles#....[/b]

Listen to who is talking! He lost the African Cup Of Nations finals on home soil to Cameroun,the only opportunity we had to retire the old Unity Cup. And he even lost 1-0 to Sierra Leone in Freetown in the World Cup Qualifiers. It was this same Stephen Keshi he is maligning and Amodu Shuaibu that brough Nigeria out of the ditch he had slunk us into. I just wish Keshi would ignore these detractors in White Skin. First it was Tom-Tom Saintfiet. Now Bonfrere Jo. Shaking my head.

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by greens(m): 4:58pm On Sep 17, 2013
Yes I agree with Jo. We are still not technically sound. The same reason why we burnt plenty of energy against Spain in the last match against them. We seem
damosky12:
we seem to play very well you said. You also said we arnt 'tactically' or 'technically' sound. Then, how on earth do we play well?
to play very well but tactically and technically, we are below average. We will always fall prey to technically sound team. NOT ENGLAND O

Over all we burnt energy more than the Spanish. The energy we burnt was like 3 time of the Spanish. We put a lot of energy in our tackles, passes and every other departments. Yet the result was 3-0. The only thing that the Spanish use against us was their technical/tactical power.
If we have added technicality to that match the result would have been a reverse.
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by zubbainno123: 5:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
k
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by SPEED5: 5:13pm On Sep 17, 2013
spade: The kind of replies I'm seeing on this thread, like "bad belle old man", has made me realize this country is plagued with bloody illiterates and ignoramuses. "The 2go Clan" is what I call 'em.

A lot of you iidiots, I'm very sure; didn't even care to read the report. Only saw the thread title and jumped in with your nonsensical retorts.
How else can I explain the fact that you FAILED to see the title had very little to do with his comments? How else can I explain that Bonfere was infact making very good points about rot in the NFF and its lack of interest in actually doing its job, leaving the coaches to do everything and get fired? Was this not what Keshi faced earlier this year when the unpatriotic NFF already started searching for a foreign coach (their self-hating black assses) when Keshi and the Eagles were STILL in South Africa?

You bloody pieces of decomposing turd just came in here spewing TRASH without even reading the interview!

Biko, how did he do wrong by encouraging Keshi to also occassionally visit his players in the respective clubs and watch them play? How the phuck did he do wrong there?

Christian Chukwu and Shuaibu Amodu were two coaches who bowed to the corrupt NFF, did their bidding, and STILL got fired.

If Keshi fails tomorrow, a lot of you fairweather fans would also be here bashing him with your grammatically abominable writings, yet you're right here today insulting a man and his constructive criticism.

I am surrounded by dullards, oh Lord!

GO AND SIT DOWN

2 Likes

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by ikeyman00(m): 5:18pm On Sep 17, 2013
@@@

useless thread !

keshi keep it moving!

see them teachers once again talking trash

slow; crawling; alingo-ing; clamping etc

how many chances are set up in each game? the thing bi say na old age dem worry this man;envy from oyigbo na danger lipsrsealed

aresnal play fast game;dominate possession as usual but how many clean chance are created biko

Nigeria is playing the best football in the world now; that any opposition have little time on possession to think of their game plan

u could as well watch nigeria vs ivory coast again to see the reason they will alway get beaten by eagles

therefore this thread deserved to be locked down

yeye

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by ikeyman00(m): 5:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
greens(m): 4:58pm
Yes I agree with Jo.GREENS We are still not technically sound. The same reason why we burnt plenty of energy against Spain in the last match against them. We seems to play very well but tactically and technically, we are below average. We will always fall prey to technically sound team. NOT ENGLAND O
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by adegwurulez(m): 5:23pm On Sep 17, 2013
abeg dis man knw hw many yrs civ don dey find afcon hw great players like drogba, kalou, gervinho, yaya toure, kolo toure, eboue wey neva win afcon go com go sell their chance, for hw much those guys have money, they jst need medals so am sorry sir jo, i'd have to disagree with u on dat one

2 Likes

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by caius(m): 5:23pm On Sep 17, 2013
It is time to test your skills against other managers by joining the EPL fantasy league using 712855-601838 and/or join the FirstChamps for europa fantasy league http://en.uelfantasy.uefa.com/UEFA/15810/clienthome.do code 1369574-535380
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by jude33084(m): 5:28pm On Sep 17, 2013
undecided
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by Emmysteve(m): 5:40pm On Sep 17, 2013
Bonfre Jo is not a Nigerian, he is a white dude, he should go back to Holland

2 Likes

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by ladenz(m): 5:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
whether his criticism is justified or not he has made a very very serious allegation that needs to be followed up. He seems to be saying that the Super Eagles used illegal substances or match fixing tactics to win the quarter and semi finals of AFCON. if the NFF has any iota of pride they should sue him to court. i have always respected Bonfrere because i have not forgotten what he achieved for Nigerian football but he really hit below the belt with that statement and he should be made to withdraw it.

3 Likes

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by nyonye: 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
belovedbest: I pray he atleast take the positive from Jo's comment and decard the rest without necessarily picking up a fight with him. There's always one thing or the other to pick from either a successful man or a failure as the case may be. That's how a star is made, steal from the best and add that to yours. No man is an HIGHLAND![color=#006600][/color]
nice write up, but dat thing na island
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by Christmasdon(m): 6:09pm On Sep 17, 2013
.i think he's making a point there.
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by McLuhan(m): 6:12pm On Sep 17, 2013
prem love: Since you know everything you would have won the world cup for us bck then. enemy of progress
Human beings are naturally averse to criticism, but I think it would be foolhardy to dismiss Bonfrere Jo's comments in such an offhand manner. There are gems of good sense in some of his words. A wise coach would select the wheat from his comments and throw away the chaff. But trust the typical Nigerian to throw a tantrum at the faintest hint of criticism.
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by damosky12(m): 6:28pm On Sep 17, 2013
greens: Yes I agree with Jo. We are still not technically sound. The same reason why we burnt plenty of energy against Spain in the last match against them. [b] We seems to play very well but tactically and technically , we are below average [b]. We will always fall prey to technically sound team. NOT ENGLAND O
we seem to play very well you said. You also said we arnt 'tactically' or 'technically' sound. Then, how on earth do we play well?

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 17, 2013
Goke7:

Destructive criticism is what Bonfere is doing here, bring out issues from the past to hurt Keshi and concluding that Keshi will not even listen to him, how long are going to continue to support these white dudes against our indigenous coaches. Ethiopia that has done well so far in the world cup qualifiers is being handled by an indigenous coach. Are we also trying to conclude with Bonfere that Keshi will fail?

I really don't understand us Nigerians, we don't know what we want.
STOP PLAYING THE RACE CARD HERE
IF U GOT ISSUES WITH WHITE PPLE GO AND DEAL WITH THEM
( WITH MY BLESSINGS TOO)
B. J SAID A LOT SO DID OLISEH @ 1 POINT
SOME THINGS I DONT APPROVE OF
BUT ARE THERE LESSONS ONE CAN LEARN FROM? HELL YEAH
THATS HOW 2 BECOME A BETTER PERSON
SMH
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
damosky12:

It is a huge difference between.

When you face a highly technical team (not necessarily a talented team) that will absorb all your pressure neatly, arrangedly choke their midfield, play cohesively and block off all your meaningful passes in their own half, working together as a team (attacking and defending as a team). . .then you realise that you have played almost 90 mins on the pitch, sweating profusely, pressing hard and yet not no single goal to show for it. . .

Such teams are a hard (tough) nut to crack. . .

And what's dangeroous about them is that they know exactly when the time is right (maybe the last 10 mins of the game) to come out of the shell and dangerously attempt a goal which could stun you.

Such technical teams don't rely on open play only to get their goal. . .

They know how to counter attack effectively, they rely on set-pieces, corner-kicks, crosses from the wings and sometimes long balls from the midfield.

They could play defensively for 90mins while you huff and puff around the pitch and still beat you 1-0 by scoring only from a well organized corner-kick.

Some of what Bonfere said up there should be thrown into the dustbin. . .but he's right when he says Nigeria is not there yet technically.

Improve on your organisation when take a free-kick, corrner kick or when you launch crosses from the wings. When last did Naija score from a neat header?

Some games ahead will be very tight where all our samba-samba passing might seem unproductive. . .

In such cases we could still manage a slim win from a set-piece if we are technical enough. . .most especially with a BIG MAN like Emenike or Amoebi upfront.
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by sylve11: 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2013
spongeback: Are you always so stup1d or is today a special occasion? undecided

i dare noy return insult back. just keep telling ppl the way u r brought up. cool
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by micfoley: 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2013
Please can anyone tell me what Bonfere's record as a coach was before he came to Nigeria? Whatever pedigree he has as a coach now was from his stint with Nigeria. What really annoys me reading this is that in the World cup qualifiers for Korea Japan 2002, we all complained that the same Eagles under Bonfere were too slow and predictable. He was sacked and replaced with Amodu Shuaibu who delivered the World Cup ticket

2 Likes

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by Goke7: 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2013
Babzilla:
STOP PLAYING THE RACE CARD HERE
IF U GOT ISSUES WITH WHITE PPLE GO AND DEAL WITH THEM
( WITH MY BLESSINGS TOO)
B. J SAID A LOT SO DID OLISEH @ 1 POINT
SOME THINGS I DONT APPROVE OF
BUT ARE THERE LESSONS ONE CAN LEARN FROM? HELL YEAH
THATS HOW 2 BECOME A BETTER PERSON
SMH

Bonfere and Oliseh should first of all win the AFCON trophy before they open their wide mouth to criticize Keshi, I've got no issues with white dudes, but they must prove to be far better for us to learn from, if Alex ferguson is talking, I know somebody is talking. You need to hear what the Spanish coach and the Uruguay coach said about the Super Eagles after their matches with Nigeria at the confederation's Cup. Bonfere is just a learner, what has achieved since he left Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 17, 2013
Goke7:

Bonfere and Oliseh should first of all win the AFCON trophy before they open their wide mouth to criticize Keshi, I've got no issues with white dudes, but they must prove to be far better for us to learn from, if Alex ferguson is talking, I know somebody is talking. You need to hear what the Spanish coach and the Uruguay coach said about the Super Eagles after their matches with Nigeria at the confederation's Cup. Bonfere is just a learner, what has achieved since he left Nigeria.

Whatever the Uruguan coach said was just to pacify our ego after we lost. . .just like Keshi said to South Africa after we beat them. . .
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by chrislu(m): 7:59pm On Sep 17, 2013
Dis man dey try help d super eagles, mtcheww naija boys n their mediocre poor reasoning ability, my own advice is dat keshi shud heed 2 his advice.
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by damosky12(m): 8:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
Goke7:

Bonfere and Oliseh should first of all win the AFCON trophy before they open their wide mouth to criticize Keshi, I've got no issues with white dudes, but they must prove to be far better for us to learn from, if Alex ferguson is talking, I know somebody is talking. You need to hear what the Spanish coach and the Uruguay coach said about the Super Eagles after their matches with Nigeria at the confederation's Cup . Bonfere is just a learner, what has achieved since he left Nigeria.
Gbam!! Thats the point. 'NIGERIA HAS A VERY DINAMIC STYLE OF PLAY. The Scoreline in today's match isnt a true reflection of how the both teams played'- The Spanish coach, after Spain beat Nigeri 3:0

3 Likes

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by omajali2003(m): 8:09pm On Sep 17, 2013
Another white dude is talking now, but when Keshi fires back they will run to FIFA and accuse him of racism

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by teejohn247: 8:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
breezy047:

It is a huge difference between.

When you face a highly technical team (not necessarily a talented team) that will absorb all your pressure neatly, arrangedly choke their midfield, play cohesively and block off all your meaningful passes in their own half, working together as a team (attacking and defending as a team). . .then you realise that you have played almost 90 mins on the pitch, sweating profusely, pressing hard and yet not no single goal to show for it. . .

Such teams are a hard (tough) nut to crack. . .

And what's dangeroous about them is that they know exactly when the time is right (maybe the last 10 mins of the game) to come out of the shell and dangerously attempt a goal which could stun you.

Such technical teams don't rely on open play only to get their goal. . .

They know how to counter attack effectively, they rely on set-pieces, corner-kicks, crosses from the wings and sometimes long balls from the midfield.

They could play defensively for 90mins while you huff and puff around the pitch and still beat you 1-0 by scoring only from a well organized corner-kick.

Some of what Bonfere said up there should be thrown into the dustbin. . .but he's right when he says Nigeria is not there yet technically.

Improve on your organisation when take a free-kick, corrner kick or when you launch crosses from the wings. When last did Naija score from a neat header?

Some games ahead will be very tight where all our samba-samba passing might seem unproductive. . .

In such cases we could still manage a slim win from a set-piece if we are technical enough. . .most especially with a BIG MAN like Emenike or Amoebi upfront.
go watch Nigeria Vs catalonia game again, den u'll see how we soaked up pressure 4 full 90minutes, we scored from d only chance we got, and they(catalonia) got there goal from d penalty spot. D only missing link in our team now is in dead ball situations. free kicks and corner kicks daz all

1 Like

Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 17, 2013
teejohn247: go watch Nigeria Vs catalonia game again, den u'll see how we soaked up pressure 4 full 90minutes, we scored from d only chance we got, and they(catalonia) got there goal from d penalty spot. D only missing link in our team now is in dead ball situations. free kicks and corner kicks daz all

Which pressure did you soak against catalonia?

Go back to youtube and rewatch how they splitted open our defense numerous times with passes and created numerous chances upon chances. . .it was poor finishing that undid them.

That was then anyways and I believe we are much better now than then. . .

And yes you are correct. . .improve on your set-pieces before you go to the world cup.
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:44pm On Sep 17, 2013
Goke7:

Destructive criticism is what Bonfere is doing here, bring out issues from the past to hurt Keshi and concluding that Keshi will not even listen to him, how long are going to continue to support these white dudes against our indigenous coaches. Ethiopia that has done well so far in the world cup qualifiers is being handled by an indigenous coach. Are we also trying to conclude with Bonfere that Keshi will fail?

I really don't understand us Nigerians, we don't know what we want.
They can hate as much as they want. Coach Big Boss Keshi won't fail.
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:56pm On Sep 17, 2013
god_of_music: I'm sorry to derail but i gotta ask this question;
Is Ne-yo really a Nigerian
He named his son Chimere. I dn't think it is a cincidence. wink
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:59pm On Sep 17, 2013
Goke7: I think Keshi's greatest problem is that he keeps grinding out positive results even when many are wishing him failure, When he finally qualifies for the world cup, people are still going to open their wide mouth and complain that his team is too slow.

even if keshi wins the world cup, people are still going to complain that there are players out there that can still make better contributions to the team, men, keshi don suffer no be small.

Its like telling someone who came out of school with first class grade that he should have done better

I no fit laugh abeg lol!

A champion is a CHAMPION! whether the players are strolling on the pitch or crawling.
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: He named his son Chimere. I dn't think it is a cincidence. wink
His son or himself
Re: Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles by sylve11: 11:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: He named his son Chimere. I dn't think it is a cincidence. wink

is he also a gggayy? grin cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mikel Obi: "I Am Now Matured To Lead The Super Eagles" / Video Of Asisat Oshoala's 4th Goal In 4 Games For Barcelona / France(0) Vs Nigeria(1) On Tuesday 2nd June

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.