Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators (1987 Views)

Are You Interested In Moderating This Section? / Interested In Moderating This Section? / Interested In Moderating This Section? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by omotola1(m): 10:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
Hello, I have sent a mail to the site owner and administrator regarding this matter.
The moderators of this section are no longer effective and efficient
considering the number junk threads that springs up on a daily basis without any prompt swift action taken by any of the moderators to curtail such gross misconduct!
The only thing they are good at doing is hiding cheats (though that's part of their job description) and it's understandable.
I may not be that popular, but I'm a regular silent follower and I've been observing so many irregularities here.
Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by physise(m): 10:29pm On Sep 16, 2013
true talk

2 Likes

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by omotola1(m): 10:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
physise: true talk

1 Like

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by OCTAVO: 11:06pm On Sep 16, 2013
People are afraid to comment in order to avoid a ban grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by puskin: 1:21am On Sep 17, 2013
omotola1: Hello, I have sent a mail to the site owner and administrator regarding this matter.
considering the number junk threads that springs up on a daily basis without any prompt swift action taken by any of the moderators to curtail such gross misconduct!

So you sent a mail, with no evidence to show that the moderators ain't performing.
Shebi, nah you be my appraisal supervisor........abi. embarassed embarassed

The only thing they are good at doing is hiding cheats (though that's part of their job description) and it's understandable.
I may not be that popular, but I'm a regular silent follower and I've been observing so many irregularities here.
Thanks.

Dear Sir/Mademoiselle, kindly point out the threads that you consider as junk and state the so called "irregularities". undecided undecided

"regular silent follower"........what does this mean?? I hope you're not stalking the moderators ooooh. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by puskin: 1:23am On Sep 17, 2013
OCTAVO: People are afraid to comment in order to avoid a ban grin grin

A comment doesn't earn you a BAN.

Breaking any of the NAIRALAND rules will definitely earn you one.

3 Likes

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:08am On Sep 17, 2013
#singing ....but if you really check am NA WASH....#singing

*chewing patotoe chips*
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by nani667: 2:23am On Sep 17, 2013
and this is probably the most reasonable thread on this section....there are waay too many crappy threads on this section... and for reasons unknown to me the mods have chosen to keep allowing this trend...something really needs to be done....
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by honsule(m): 2:38am On Sep 17, 2013
@poster.we should be online 24/7 right? what is do u mean by this statement? "without any prompt swift action taken by any of the moderators to curtail such gross misconduct! "

It is High time we implemented New post "being moderator" and approved before it becomes visible for others to view/comment.That will help check unnecessary opening of threads and balderdash posts.

1 Like

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by dragnet: 3:43am On Sep 17, 2013
omotola1: Hello, I have sent a mail to the site owner and administrator regarding this matter.
Thanks.
junk threads ? at least you've also contributed your quota to those because I remember taking action on one of your "junk" threads & if I may ask, how many times have you deemed it fit to use the "report to moderator" button? those who use it can attest to the fact that prompt action is usually taken to treat whatever the situation requires. here I am awake at this time of the day making rounds checking for irregularities & taking action on reported threads or do you think I don't enjoy sleeping too ?
if you see such junk threads & you can't make your own little contribution by using the "report to moderator" link then you're also guilty & maybe I should also open a thread that says "This Section Needs a Change of users" !
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by ciphoenix: 4:18am On Sep 17, 2013
this section has no issues IMO. there're other sections where the mods don't even act on emails you send to them.

@mods carry on

2 Likes

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by Mafia4life(m): 5:51am On Sep 17, 2013
Actually there are so many junk thread that keeps trooping in on a daily bases and i keep on wondering 'Are these mods blindfolded?'
Nairaland fast turning to ********** where crap threads and comment resides.

2 Likes

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by dragnet: 6:41am On Sep 17, 2013
You guys just keep shouting "junk threads" I think it's best you give a definition of your "junk threads" & post the links to such threads instead of just labelling a thread "junk" because you don't like the content or it's author.
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 17, 2013
honsule: @poster.we should be online 24/7 right? what is do u mean by this statement? "without any prompt swift action taken by any of the moderators to curtail such gross misconduct! "

[size=16pt]It is High time we implemented New post "being moderator" and approved before it becomes visible for others to view/comment.[/size]That will help check unnecessary opening of threads and balderdash posts.
This is the only way 2 checkmate these so called "Junk threads"
No strings attached!!!
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by omotola1(m): 9:04am On Sep 17, 2013
OCTAVO: People are afraid to comment in order to avoid a ban grin grin
Maybe.
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by omotola1(m): 9:10am On Sep 17, 2013
I know it's quite normal for you to defend yourselves cheesy
What can you say about members creating multiple similar topics?
You guys just fold your arms and watch your section flooded with similar topics under your nose.

2 Likes

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 17, 2013
www.nairaland.com/1441957/finally-got-bbm-running-android

www.nairaland.com/1442194/browse-unlimited-etisalat-sim

www.nairaland.com/1358347/browse-tecno-android-phone-using cant d topic here be treated in major tecno threads??

www.nairaland.com/1441642/best-tecno-phone

these are but a few thread i would call junk , personally for me.....

i dnt know how u guys determine stable threads and unneeded thread... but for me tho,in my own opinion, i would call this threads unneeded.....

I MAYB WRONG THO...

5 Likes

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by omotola1(m): 9:30am On Sep 17, 2013
dragnet: You guys just keep shouting "junk threads" I think it's best you give a definition of your "junk threads" & post the links to such threads instead of just labelling a thread "junk" because you don't like the content or it's author.
Mr? The bolded made you sound very ridiculous!
How about checking the below threads... https://www.nairaland.com/1439767/tecno-phantom-a2-vs-nokia

https://www.nairaland.com/106523/jesus-phone-l-k#1871198

I brought out these two out of the hundreds of junk threads available in your section.
If all of you (the mods) do not see these as junk, then something is wrong with your judgement, hence you deserve to be changed!

3 Likes

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by OCTAVO: 9:34am On Sep 17, 2013
omotola1: I know it's quite normal for you to defend yourselves cheesy
You guys just fold your arms and watch your section flooded with similar topics under your nose.
This is very true!!!
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by Osyxcel(m): 9:45am On Sep 17, 2013
I think users of this board need to be enlightened on the 'Modify' option. Instead of some people to modify their Topic, they go ahead to open another Topic.

This mostly happens when you open a Topic, type, and you want to edit after submitting, you then press back, by the time you submit, it makes it two Topics. Users should learn to modify their post/Topics in the event of an error.
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by OCTAVO: 9:46am On Sep 17, 2013
omotola1: I know it's quite normal for you to defend yourselves cheesy
OCTAVO:

This is very true!!!

The following are BBM coming to android threads. The mods are truly sleeping grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1442407/download-bbm-android-apk-free

https://www.nairaland.com/1441685/bbm-android-apk-download-leaks

https://www.nairaland.com/853833/blackberry-messenger-bbm-android-spy

https://www.nairaland.com/1364684/blackberry-messenger-coming-android-sept

https://www.nairaland.com/1441957/finally-got-bbm-running-android

https://www.nairaland.com/781923/blackberry-messenger-now-android-ios

https://www.nairaland.com/1435015/blackberry-messenger-android-phones-how

2 Likes

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 17, 2013
BUT IN A WEIRD WAY, I STILL THINK DIS THREAD IS ONE OF THOSE JUNK THREADS....

WEIRD FEELING THO...
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by puskin: 9:54am On Sep 17, 2013
To all the junk thread proponents.........what justification and on whose authority do you label a thread as JUNK. undecided undecided
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by Osyxcel(m): 9:57am On Sep 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by puskin: 9:59am On Sep 17, 2013
Osyxcel: I think users of this board need to be enlightened on the 'Modify' option. Instead of some people to modify their Topic, they go ahead to open another Topic.

This mostly happens when you open a Topic, type, and you want to edit after submitting, you then press back, by the time you submit, it makes it two Topics. Users should learn to modify their post/Topics in the event of an error.

Sir......you are indeed amongst the enlightened few. cool cool
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by finni(m): 9:59am On Sep 17, 2013
dragnet: You guys just keep shouting "junk threads" I think it's best you give a definition of your "junk threads" & post the links to such threads instead of just labelling a thread "junk" because you don't like the content or it's author.

Go through the section and you will find more than four threads talking about Airtel unlimited bis suscription for android.

1 Like

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by OCTAVO: 10:01am On Sep 17, 2013
puskin: To all the junk thread proponents.........what justification and on whose authority do you label a thread as JUNK. undecided undecided
My guy, abeg this is all about using common sense! wink

1 Like

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by physise(m): 10:02am On Sep 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by puskin: 10:02am On Sep 17, 2013
finni:

Go through the section and you will find more than four threads talking about Airtel unlimited bis suscription for android.

Therefore, that makes it junk...... abi.

Park well joor. tongue
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by puskin: 10:04am On Sep 17, 2013
OCTAVO:
My guy, abeg this is all about using common sense! wink

I agree, but common sense is not common.
Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by finni(m): 10:09am On Sep 17, 2013
puskin:

Therefore, that makes it junk...... abi.

Park well joor. tongue

I always know you to be a very bias moderator. You always block any thread that looks a detriment to any of your friends' thread. I could remember when I opened a thread for iphone unlocking, you locked the thread almost immediately and pointed to one of your friends' thread. If my thread was a junk then, so it should be for all other multiple threads. If you like park well, if you no like go jam trailer.

6 Likes

Re: This Section Needs A Change Of Moderators by puskin: 10:13am On Sep 17, 2013
finni:

I always know you to be a very bias moderator. You always block any thread that looks a detriment to any of your friends' thread. I could remember when I opened a thread for iphone unlocking, you locked the thread almost immediately and pointed to one of your friends' thread. If my thread was a junk then, so it should be for all other multiple threads. If you like park well, if you no like go jam trailer.

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Install EngineerMode Into Your Samsung, LG Or Any Other Device / Lenovo P70 With Mammoth Battery, 4G LTE - Full Phone Specifications / Meet The World Cheapest Smartphone Ever. It Costs $4 (₦1100) Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.