Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies (30275 Views)

Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? / Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:26am On Sep 17, 2013
We all love Nollywood, don’t we? Okay, three quarters of us don’t like most Nollywood movies. Including yours truly. However, some of us still watch sha…sometimes to kill time, sometimes to kill boredom, most times to just laugh; because nearly all Nollywood movies are comedy, including their fantasy, adventure, action (picture Jim Iyke trying to defuse a bomb made of a St. Louis sugar carton, random wires removed from someone’s car radio and one of those ancient digital wristwatches we used to wear in primary school) and pretty much every other movie.

However, we also know that half the entire time in Nollywood movies is spent asking (really irrelevant) questions so I’ve picked out the five silliest questions with the most obvious answers that get asked regularly in Nollywood movies. Enjoy!

The Situation: A lady walks into her bedroom only to find her husband/boyfriend/bisexual lover in bed with another lady. She drops her handbag (she always does this, else it is a Kenyawood movie), stares at them with eyes boggling and the man quickly covers his unclothedness (that wasn’t at all in evidence to start with), looking ashamed. The lady asks:

The Question: “What is going on here?”

My Answer: A deliverance session.

Is it too much to assume the painfully obvious when a man and a woman are under covers, wriggling, their clothes strewn at the foot of the bed (the cameraman never denies us this view) and looking guilty at getting busted to ask that kind of silly question? Are you a learner?

Most Guilty Culprits: Ini Edo, Stephanie Okereke, nearly all the older women in Nollywood (apparently, their husbands in movies all have a thing for younger ladies).

Situation: A man is reading the newspaper in the room when suddenly, five masked men burst into the sitting room, brandishing guns. He is ordered to lie face-down on the floor while one of the armed men goes into the rooms and drags his wife out and pushes her to the ground beside her husband, threatening death/rape/fire and brimstone. The trembling lady then asks:

The Question: “Honey, who are these people?”

My Answer: Our fellowship brethren.

If you don’t know what armed, masked men means, then either you have been living in bush Ujari (this never got out of my head, thanks to Chukwuemeka Ike’s bottled leopard) or you just flew in from mars. If I were the man, I would ask for permission from the armed robbers to konk (naija style) small sense into the woman head (and ladies, if your husband asks the same question in the same situation, you should up the ante and give him a slap. I do not take credit for any ruined marriages though).

The Situation: A man and his girlfriend/wife/unknown character that may be girlfriend/wife/lover/ashewo are arguing over something really trivial, like who she ran into him in bed with or why he signed over his will to favor his younger brother. Things get heated and before we know what’s happening, the lady forgets the flat of her palm against the man’s cheek. The guy then asks:

The Question: “Did you slap me?”

My Answer: “No, I just kissed your dumb ass”

Look. This was patently obvious. We saw the hand fly. We heard the traditional “pa” that follows the slap that sounds like a slap and only a slap. Fine, most times, the slap is so fake that even we the viewers wonder what just happened. But i’m sure there is a script that details what the lady just did. How necessary is it to ask the question again?

Most Guilty Culprits: Desmond Elliot, Chidi Mokoeme, Ramsey Nouah, pretty much every other guy in Nollywood.

The Situation: A man in sitting in his office. Suddenly, a man walks in with a gun and points it at him and tells him to say his last prayers. The seated man , shocked out of his senses and sweating profusely musters the courage to ask one question:

The Question: “Who are you?”

My Answer: An angel of the Lord.

I can’t imagine what else I would think the man is if someone walks into someone’s office, does not ask for money or anything valuable, just points a gun at the person and asks the person to say his last prayers if not an assassin. Annoyingly, however, the idiot guy in these movies would then explain who sent him, why, exactly how much he was paid for the job and what he will do with the money. In the meantime, some savior somehow pops up to save said man (usually Jim Iyke or Gentle Jack) in what is one of the most ridiculous plot holes ever. If that is the question you are asking, you probably deserve at least a bullet in the foot.

Most Guilty Culprits: Amaechi Muonagor, Clem Ohameze, pretty much every other person that has acted as a rich chief in a Nollywood movie.

The Situation: A lady just runs into where a man (most likely Jim Iyke) has just battered the headlights out of his wife and she is still writhing on the ground in pains. The extremely concerned lady rushes over to help her and the first question that flies out of her lips is:

The Question: “Are You Okay”?

My Answer: Never been better, thank you. I just love getting beat up by my husband/boyfriend everyday!

Wait, what is it that could possibly be wrong with the woman lying on the floor? Is the it the black eyes (though, Nollywood movie-wise, we can clearly see the work of gentian violet)? Or the swollen cheek? Or the fake blood on her face? Why wouldn’t she be okay, after all, isn’t that what every wife expects of her husband?

That’s just it. There are more, and you can throw in those yourself!

http://zakuraweekly.com/five-ridiculous-questions-with-painfully-obvious-answers-asked-in-nollywood-movies/

So the first issue of Zakura Weekly, Naija's craziest mag as edited by yours truly will be making its debut on Sunday. Y'all can subscribe to get it free when it drops. It is in soft format though, so if you'll need a pdf reader on your laptop/mobile phone to read it. To subscribe, just head on down to http://zakuraweekly.com/subscribe-to-zakura-weekly/ . Cheers!

69 Likes

Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by mazizitonene(m): 1:45am On Sep 17, 2013
Lol.....
I knew it...ama geniuz......knew ds was fp tnz....
*first 2............it's bn a while av left ds spot*

1 Like

Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by sKeetz(m): 1:45am On Sep 17, 2013
I'm new here...please advise !! angry
Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by Cathaliya: 2:14am On Sep 17, 2013
can I ask a question...?

Is that your moniker...?

1 Like

Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by Nobody: 2:26am On Sep 17, 2013

4 Likes

Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 2:33am On Sep 17, 2013
Cathaliya: can I ask a question...?

Is that your moniker...?

wink ahn ahn, you don't know? Abi you want me to tell my homies (mods) to ban u ni? yes ke!
Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by Cathaliya: 2:38am On Sep 17, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

wink ahn ahn, you don't know? Abi you want me to tell my homies (mods) to ban u ni? yes ke!
na, wasnt expecting "yes" as an answer, sha. Because its crystal clear that it is. I wanted one of those your obvious answers.

Btw, Is that ban ish a threat?

1 Like

Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by Nobody: 2:46am On Sep 17, 2013
LoL @ the responses
Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 2:54am On Sep 17, 2013
Cathaliya: na, wasnt expecting "yes" as an answer, sha. Because its crystal clear that it is. I wanted one of those your obvious answers.

Btw, Is that ban ish a threat?

no, it is a marriage proposal.

41 Likes

Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by Cathaliya: 2:59am On Sep 17, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

good....you improving.

2 Likes

Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 3:03am On Sep 17, 2013
Cathaliya: good....you improving.

Most Guilty Culprit: Cathaliya. Only Cathaliya.

4 Likes

Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by Mucokey(m): 4:03am On Sep 17, 2013
Space booked....
Thrilling n hilarious combo from d distinguished Senbo...
Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by BedLam: 4:32am On Sep 17, 2013
The most annoying one; when someone like Omotola is on the phone and suddenly, maybe the caller just told her that her husband was involved in a car crash.

OMOTOLA: WHAT?

And I ask myself, must it be what?

Note: everyone of them is guilty of this one.

2 Likes

Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by AbuMikey(m): 7:45am On Sep 17, 2013
***Yawns!!!!***

Not funny!

4 Likes

Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by UjSizzle(f): 7:58am On Sep 17, 2013
lol i like the last scenario best grin
Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by sleeky8(m): 8:20am On Sep 17, 2013
Just when I thought your works can't get any funnier +i read the call representative story+ you hit me with this. Good work, more ink to your pen boss!!!!
Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by olenyi: 8:37am On Sep 17, 2013
What can I say. That's the lot we are saddled with.
Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by homesteady(m): 8:37am On Sep 17, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

#Falls from palm tree! gringrin

4 Likes

Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by homesteady(m): 8:40am On Sep 17, 2013
LOL! But seriously most of this things happens in Hollywood! So its not only a Nollywood thing!
They are just trying to make it look very real!
Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by Noctis(m): 9:44am On Sep 17, 2013
Do you read cracked.com? Been wondering this since I saw your first write-up/essay/something like that.
Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by Noctis(m): 9:45am On Sep 17, 2013
Also, you read The Bottled Leopard. Nice one.

2 Likes

Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 10:02am On Sep 17, 2013
Noctis: Do you read cracked.com? Been wondering this since I saw your first write-up/essay/something like that.

dedicated cracked fanatic grin

1 Like

Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by ikechukz(m): 10:56am On Sep 17, 2013
The first one killed it....Nice one.
Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by prof800(m): 6:20pm On Sep 17, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by Ishilove: 8:45pm On Sep 17, 2013
Abu Mikey: ***Yawns!!!!***

Not funny!
Bad belle tongue

3 Likes

Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by AdeniyiA(m): 9:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
sKeetz: [b]I'm new here...please advise !![/ ;Db] angry
go hold live wire grin

7 Likes

Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 17, 2013
when i saw this topic i knew it had to be Zakura

Question: Did you slap me?

My answer: No, you hit my palm with your cheek.

1 Like

Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:06pm On Sep 17, 2013
The pregnant for you/pregnant him kills me

just say am pregnant/she is carrying his child

1 Like

Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by AdeniyiA(m): 9:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
mr Senbo..., did you just write n post those ridiculous situations
Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by Kezifils(m): 9:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
I no longer watch Nollywood movies. I came into this topic to laff cos most write ups on Nollywood is just way too funny.

1 Like

Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by dayleke: 9:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
This is hilarious....,
But never thought about it like that...

1 Like

Re: Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies by alotofgrace(m): 9:08pm On Sep 17, 2013
na only for norliwud u go see ghost wey look ryt look left b4 him cross road

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: Biggie Issues Strike To Ike, Exempting Seyi, Gets Blasted / Pere’s Fans Protest Against BBNaija's ‘White Room Twist’ In Lagos (Video) / #bbnaija: Ahneeka Reacts To Leo And Ifu Ennada’s Eviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.