Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes (59977 Views)

What Caffeine Does To Our Systems / What Coke Does To Your Body In 1 Hour / Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nikapetrelli(f): 7:12pm On Sep 17, 2013
Choi!!!! Wen i love drinking coke,I no drink again
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Stunner1(f): 7:12pm On Sep 17, 2013
All fizzy drinks r deadly

1 Like

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by strangest(m): 7:12pm On Sep 17, 2013
Yeah, forget coke... Do weed...

3 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 17, 2013
[size=20pt]Op abi Pepsi send you?[/size]

[size=15pt]Make I waka go Tesco go claim 2 Litres of Coke take flush this remaining Subway Baguette[/size]

3 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by linearity: 7:14pm On Sep 17, 2013
dominique: Well coke has been in existence for over a century and it has not been implicated as a direct cause of death of millions over the years. There used to be a tim ei took a bottle almost everyday but i've reduced my intake of soda all together.

We can say the same think for cigarette...borrowing from your own words..."Well Cigarette has been in existence for over a century and it has not been implicated as a direct cause of death of millions over the years..."

You feel like taking a smoke break now?
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Gabrielsylar(m): 7:14pm On Sep 17, 2013
Bloody lies my kid brother drinks coke like anything and he his so slim
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 17, 2013
all this one na super story. undecided wetin concern agboro and over load. Iya Kafaya abeg shine me one bottle of Coca cola angry Iya kafaya o. 50CL pls. kiss
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Sijo01(f): 7:17pm On Sep 17, 2013
Am so addicted to this s.hit call coke. any alternative, plzzzzzzzzzz. cry cry
btw, sprite nkor? am addicted to that too cry
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
deols: I never liked coke anyway. It should be bycotted ASaP.

Honey is a much better sweetener than sugar. With its other, albeit many unproven uses, it is highly recommended.

na lie. Equally harmful too. Contains high levels of sucrose.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by UyiIredia(m): 7:20pm On Sep 17, 2013
The day I read that aspartame, an ingredient in Diet Coke, decomposes in the body into formaldehyde (a chemical used to embalm corpses) was the day I took measures to cut my coke intake, which I have to a fair extent achieved: for example, I haven't taken Coke in the past 3 months, and over the year, relatively few times, I hardly even by it with fast-foods, I just buy pure water.

1 Like

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by UyiIredia(m): 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2013
mbatuku2:

na lie. Equally harmful too. Contains high levels of sucrose.

The sucrose it has is the healthy, natural type that comes with additional chemicals that clear free radicals (harmful body waste) from the body. The bad type is the sucrose found in industrial sugars used heavily in coke. Infact, I think, but am not sure, that sugarcane, is better than sugar processed from it.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by banky222: 7:28pm On Sep 17, 2013
Reski2500: I stil dey manage agege bread nd water wit guguru nd epa, i neva reack coke level sef
you nor hear say agege bread get bromate? The water wey u dey shack pure?

1 Like

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by druid06(m): 7:35pm On Sep 17, 2013
Is it just me but does anyone else adds a little salt to 7up to get that bitter-sweet taste?

1 Like

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Mekenz(m): 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2013
[quote author=Ina2k]at opps,wot abt sprite,cus i love to take dat one,every mornin wit okpa, i heard dat is a kind of energy buster,hw true is it?

1 Like

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2013
*hissis*i tot it was the other coke.

1 Like

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by biafranqueen: 7:47pm On Sep 17, 2013
Those with eyes and reasonable thinking you have been warned enjoy now and pay huge hospital bills later. The choice is yours!

1 Like

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by biafranqueen: 7:48pm On Sep 17, 2013
#1-stunner:
All fizzy drinks r deadly
all of them are Carbon is a killer!
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Afritop(m): 7:48pm On Sep 17, 2013
Mod your write up is too complicated
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by UyiIredia(m): 7:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
Don't trust Wikipedia's take on formaldehyde or aspartame. In any case, see here
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by IdeeEsperanza(m): 7:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by cachal: 7:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
Hmmmm sense foul play from Pepsi company...
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Donmichaelz(m): 7:56pm On Sep 17, 2013
Woow so dat xtra energy I get is from Coke..just like chakra's
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Exponental(m): 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
@op, if nbc (cocacola) offers u a job, I believe u will delete this thread.
BTW, do u know low sugar kills? Visit an hospital for more details.

2 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 17, 2013
This is the coolest poison ever, Pepsi is my thing though. One day man must die. So to hell with it.
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by akino(m): 8:14pm On Sep 17, 2013
imperiouxx: 1) In the first 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake) You don't immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor, allowing you to keep it down.

2) 20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (And there’s plenty of that at this particular moment).

3) 40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate; your blood pressure rises; as a response, your liver dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked, preventing drowsiness.

4) 45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production, stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.

5) (a) 60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium, and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.

(b) 60 minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee) It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium, and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolytes, and water.

(c) 60 minutes: As the rave inside you dies down, you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You've also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like hydrating your system, or building strong bones and teeth.

This will all be followed by a caffeine crash in the next few hours. (As little as two if you’re a smoker) Want to know what happens after that? Check out what happens to your body after you drink a coke, every day for a long time.

Coke itself isn't the enemy here. It’s the dynamic combo of massive sugar doses combined with caffeine and phosphoric acid, which are found in almost all sodas.

Source: blisstree.com

Hello, Before you post anything here always verify it.Firstly, coke does not contain phosphoric acid. You can verify this by checking the constituents of coke on its crown.You lack the knowledge of end product of rice,eba,yam,fufu,garri,starch,amala which you consume everyday without considering your daily dietery requirement. The sugar in coke is not different from what you find in all these foods.So why is coke the culprit. If you have been paid to do dirty marketing coke will be a bad market for you.if you want to know more about sugar content in coke please contact me.

3 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by pxjosh(m): 8:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
Pls who is coke?
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by iamdsam: 8:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
Diabetes is real! Get ready for my testimonies next month

1 Like

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by iamdsam: 8:30pm On Sep 17, 2013
pxjosh: Pls who is coke?
Na diabetes friend. E come from Endtime community

3 Likes

Re: What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes by zynzyn(m): 8:30pm On Sep 17, 2013
Good Good Post! I like coke 2 much partly because it is affordable. Though I dilute it with water often

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? / "MouthAction Is Dangerous" Gynaecologist Warns / 91 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 1273, 239 Discharged, 40 Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.