Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,890 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:59 AM

Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat (6703 Views)

Photos Of Ayedire Local Government Secretariat In State Of Osun / Rented Crowd Protesting At PDP Secretariat In Benin / Bomb Explosion Destroys Ohanaeze Secretariat In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 17, 2013
Some police officers in Owerri, the Imo state capital, yesterday prevented the royal father of Obinugwu in Orlu local government area of the state, and chairman, Imo state Traditional Rulers Council, His Royal Majesty, HRM, Eze Cletus Ilomuanya, from gaining access to the council’s secretariat to resume duty after a Court of Appeal reinstated him into office.

Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha had sacked Ilomuanya as the state chairman of the Traditional Rulers Council shortly on assumption of office in 2011, and replaced him with Eze Agunwa Ohiri, an action which was upheld by an Owerri High Court.

But the Court of Appeal presided over by Justice Philomena Ekpe, in a unanimous judgment delivered by Justice Philomena Ekpe, held that the removal of Ilomuanya was null and void.

Eze Ilomuanya alongside other traditional rulers from the state were yesterday prevented by armed police men from gaining entry into the secretariat of Imo State Traditional Rulers Council, when he went there to resume duty.

Addressing journalists shortly after the incident, Ilomuanya threatened to file contempt charges against Governor Okorocha, and Eze Ohiri, even as he accused the police of ridiculing the traditional institution.

He said: “I went to the secretariat to formerly resume duty after the Appeal Court judgment, which has not been appealed against but was shocked to find the place under lock and key.”

When LEADERSHIP called the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Imo State Police Command, Joy Elemoko, for confirmation of the incident, she refused to pick her calls.

Source: http://leadership.ng/news/170913/tension-owerri-police-refuse-royal-father-access-secretariat
Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by asha80(m): 8:22am On Sep 17, 2013
this eze ilomuanya issue self.
Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by BekeeBuAgbara: 8:26am On Sep 17, 2013
Rochas please respect the law.
Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 17, 2013
No respect for traditional institution in Africa again.Okorocha should obey the law and allow the onyeze to continue as chairman.The Nigerian police should for once stand for the truth.
Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by Onyejiuwaokoh: 10:06am On Sep 17, 2013
Rochas lacks traditional and cultural sensitivity, he has no regard to Igbo culture. If the Imo state house of Assembly cannot impeach now all the Igbos from ss/se will team up against him in 2015 before he defiles our Land.
Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by juliebest(f): 10:13am On Sep 17, 2013
Na wa o...
Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by fitzmayowa: 10:13am On Sep 17, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by Abagworo(m): 10:15am On Sep 17, 2013
Ilomuanya is a known retired criminal. I wonder how the people of his community feel having a thief as their Eze. He has no respect in Imo because his past is not hidden about robbery and 419. To think that he is the chairman of Southeast traditional rulers is appalling. Rochas on his part should respect the law but I still feel that man. Ilomuanya doesn't deserve any single respect.

6 Likes

Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by fagbalex(m): 10:16am On Sep 17, 2013
Wetin con concern me, abegi make i hear word or they tell yo say i be ajekuta mamumi or i be chukwudi. next thread please.
Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by alphaconde(m): 10:17am On Sep 17, 2013
fitzmayowa: Hmmm
Hmmm @ your hmmm
Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by demelza: 10:17am On Sep 17, 2013
I dont understand this kind of system whereby a state governor can wake up one morning and send a royal father packing and at the same time replacing him with his choice. What happened to the kingmakers?
Thank God for stools like those of the Oba of Benin. Without them we wouldnt know the dignity and respect enthroned in a traditional ruler.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by 4reigningqueen: 10:18am On Sep 17, 2013
hmmmmm
Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by Anniettieufia(m): 10:19am On Sep 17, 2013
Prevent !
Another way to say barricade,

As long as its involved the NPF ,
Blame it on the FG, PDP etc,
That is the nigerian politics.
Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by Updatenewsarena(m): 10:23am On Sep 17, 2013
That's good for some people anyway.

See below for my SPECIAL OFFER for all the users of this PAGE.
Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by madjune(m): 10:27am On Sep 17, 2013
SO SAD. THE POLICE ALWAYS RESPECTS THE HIGHER POWER.
WE CAN SEE HOW THE PRESIDENCY IS USING THEM TO HOUND AMAECHI.
NOW, ROCHAS IS USING THEM TO TORMENT A HAPLESS TRADITIONAL RULER. NA WA O.
Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by Stunner1(f): 10:28am On Sep 17, 2013
grin
Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by Lilimax(f): 10:29am On Sep 17, 2013
Abagworo: Ilomuanya is a known retired criminal. I wonder how the people of his community feel having a thief as their Eze. He has no respect in Imo because his past is not hidden about robbery and 419. To think that he is the chairman of Southeast traditional rulers is appalling. Rochas on his part should respect the law but I still feel that man. Ilomuanya doesn't deserve any single respect.
Is he the same person that Oliver De"Coque used his name to sing in one of his CD?. If yes, that man is a confirmed 419.
I remember him and Joneb (John Nebolisa). The same John Nebolisa ended up becoming the King of his town as this man.
They end up using their ill gotten money to usurp power on their community.
Too bad angry

1 Like

Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by normaljenny(m): 10:32am On Sep 17, 2013
asha 80: this eze ilomuanya issue self.

He should go back to his village and rule his people
Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 17, 2013
demelza: I dont understand this kind of system whereby a state governor can wake up one morning and send a royal father packing and at the same time replacing him with his choice. What happened to the kingmakers?
Thank God for stools like those of the Oba of Benin. Without them we wouldnt know the dignity and respect enthroned in a traditional ruler.
IGBO AMA EZE.We do not recognise kings,the trend is alien to our tradition.
in ancient times,igbos made use of the eldest men or the ofo title holders

1 Like

Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by point5: 10:53am On Sep 17, 2013
Dis has 2 do wt Rochas political ambitn,,but ds tim he is playin a wrong game cus he has no right 2 stop alligibl tradictnal ruler 4rm his office,he shud focus mor on issue of unemployd graguatez in Imo state.
Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by Okijajuju1(m): 11:07am On Sep 17, 2013
Rochas for life.. grin

Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:08am On Sep 17, 2013
Shey the Police never hear say court don reinstate them?
Who is responsible for this? Who should be punished for this?
Last Bullet:
The gods said Lochas Orokocha
Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by Meringe(m): 11:20am On Sep 17, 2013
A crook can not be the chairman of Imo State council of traditional rulers. Chikena
Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 17, 2013
Rochas has dugged his political grave, what remains is for him to be pushed into it come 2015. He should go and ask ohakim, if he thinks he can rig himself back to power let him ask ohakim of the almighty PDP because we go collect the money chop and still vote against you. Na our money.
Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by Aromas: 11:25am On Sep 17, 2013
Ohakim battle wt xtrian leader in d state during his tenure, Okorocha now battling wt Traditional ruler in his own regime. Don't tink their is much Islam leaders in Imo may b d nxt tenure we face n battle wt shrines ;DOhakim battle wt xtrian leader in d state during his tenure, Okorocha now battling wt Traditional ruler in his own regime. Don't tink their is much Islam leaders in Imo may b d nxt tenure we face n battle wt shrines.
Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by bravetentewa(m): 11:26am On Sep 17, 2013
Meringe: A crook can not be the chairman of Imo State council of traditional rulers. Chikena

♌ɑ̤̥̈̊ħ Ur papa make am crook....you won't respect your old age and keep mute if ain't got nothing useful.....Hungry Charlatant...

Mtchewwww....all these men wey D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ Use Garri Do Braekfast, lunch, & Dinner.......still get mouth to yeat for NL
Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by HoLEEsinner: 11:32am On Sep 17, 2013
You called this HRM a crook, yet he was installed and reinstated as the chairman of the traditional council, if his truly a crook why can't you dethrone him instead of disobeying the law, NPF is a disgrace and one of our major problem in this country. Rochas to me is not a good leader and he lacks respect.
Re: Owerri Royal Father Refused Access To Secretariat by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 17, 2013
Eze Ilomuanya deserves to be thrown to jail for defiling and degrading the respected office of an igwe, he deserves no respect, i spit on him. I recommend him to ICC for crime against humanity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking Revelation From The Buhari Budget Proposal...... / Who's Watching CNN Now!! / Dalung, Lalong And Others At WestAfrica Golf Tour Tee-off At IBB Intl Golf Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.