Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,596 members, 7,781,890 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 02:25 AM

Feminist Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Feminist Love (9946 Views)

Revealed: ... All Feminist Are Lessssbians!!! (proof) / If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical? / Why A Guy Should Avoid Women With Feminist Mentality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Feminist Love by RedHotChic(f): 9:29pm On Jun 20, 2008
One dude i work with once told me that he has this soft spot for feminists and will like to marry one as a wife. I was amazed at his fantasy.

Guys: Will you like to marry a feminist?
Re: Feminist Love by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 20, 2008
Oh yes i would! grin
Re: Feminist Love by Jackal(m): 9:34pm On Jun 20, 2008
No! I would shoot a feminist.
Re: Feminist Love by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 20, 2008
Don't hate but love us! kiss
Re: Feminist Love by whitelexi(m): 9:42pm On Jun 20, 2008
its just wrong
Re: Feminist Love by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2008
Haba, wetin we do you? grin
Re: Feminist Love by whitelexi(m): 9:45pm On Jun 20, 2008
michelin89:

Haba, wetin we do you? grin

Na the truth na grin
Re: Feminist Love by Riskie(f): 10:28pm On Jun 20, 2008
Jackal:

shocked WHOA! That's really harsh. Femenists can be annoying but shooting them is absurd although it seems warranted at times grin
Re: Feminist Love by 2dye4(m): 11:16pm On Jun 20, 2008
well, i dont dig labels. can date or marry anybody else but someone carrying the albatros of the entire feminine gender.
Re: Feminist Love by Pataki: 11:26pm On Jun 20, 2008
Feminist are emotionally disturbed. I am really learning how to tolerate their rantings now.

No thanks to the all sorts I have to read from some wannabees here on the forum. embarassed
Re: Feminist Love by Rockchick(f): 1:02am On Jun 21, 2008
It depends on your defination of Feminists! I am Totally for womens rights and their voices to be heard in all cases.

if that makes me a Feminist fine grin grin grin grin
Re: Feminist Love by vivaladiva(f): 1:24am On Jun 21, 2008
we have been puttin up wit male chauvinists(specially nigerian bloody men) for centuries, i think tis time we gave the feminists a chance
Re: Feminist Love by Tetchiness(f): 1:35am On Jun 21, 2008
My friend is a feminist. . .maybe cuz she's Indian. She's always abt female rights. . lover her Ideas thou. But I feel sorry for her man cool
Re: Feminist Love by RedHotChic(f): 9:03am On Jun 21, 2008
Why? Do they emasculate you?
Re: Feminist Love by RedHotChic(f): 9:04am On Jun 21, 2008
Feminist are emotionally disturbed.
You think so?
Re: Feminist Love by Cyclone5(m): 10:02am On Jun 21, 2008
She can be a feminist at work, on the street, in the market; or wherever she likes but as long she is feminine at home then we know where we're going. Cause we know women cant stand a man who is a major wuss. A woman with a good head on her shoulders and a great intellect is to be cherished. She just needs to be wise too. Since we don marry I would assume we no get fight. So if she make mistake and confuse love with license then lion go enter market place!
Re: Feminist Love by layzie: 11:08am On Jun 21, 2008
i agree with the "once she"s feminine at home" part. I wont have a woman nagging about female rights all the tym in my house.
Do that at work, on TV, wherever but not in ma house
Re: Feminist Love by HRhotness(f): 11:15am On Jun 21, 2008
I expect any man who marries a feminist wld have found a balance between commitment, love and respect and therefore there should be no need for her fight the causein her own home.

If you treat her right, there will be no need for her to be "feminist" at home grin

1 Like

Re: Feminist Love by Cyclone5(m): 11:25am On Jun 21, 2008
HR.hotness:

I expect any man who marries a feminist would have found a balance between commitment, love and respect and therefore there should be no need for her fight the causein her own home.

If you treat her right, there will be no need for her to be "feminist" at home grin

You know that, sometimes after a cat has spent all day chasing chickens it might think that its a tiger. The balance should be found but dog wey rear up for hind leg must know that when im come down na run be im next move. So she just needs to show good judgement even in times of extreme stress.
Re: Feminist Love by HRhotness(f): 11:31am On Jun 21, 2008
Cyclone5:

You know that, sometimes after a cat has spent all day chasing chickens it might think that its a tiger. The balance should be found but dog wey rear up for hind leg must know that when im come down na run be im next move. So she just needs to show good judgement even in times of extreme stress.

In my opinion, being a feminist means u are shd be rational and show good judgemnt. . . I expect that she shd always show good judgemnt unless u are planning on being irrational and applying extreme stress
Re: Feminist Love by Cyclone5(m): 11:42am On Jun 21, 2008
HR.hotness:

In my opinion, being a feminist means u are should be rational and show good judgemnt. . . I expect that she should always show good judgemnt unless u are planning on being irrational and applying extreme stress

All relationships will have moments of extreme stress. Thats perfectly natural. Its just not appropriate to reduce everything to gender biases and sexism. Sometimes we all have to confirm to societal definitions of genders. That doesn't stop a good relationship being a good relationship. When this go awry we fix them. No need to go burning bras. All I am saying is small pikin wey wan stretch neck to see wetin old person dey do must be ready for pepper wey go wash im eye.
Re: Feminist Love by HRhotness(f): 11:54am On Jun 21, 2008
Cyclone5:

All relationships will have moments of extreme stress. Thats perfectly natural. Its just not appropriate to reduce everything to gender biases and sexism. Sometimes we all have to confirm to societal definitions of genders. That doesn't stop a good relationship being a good relationship. When this go awry we fix them. No need to go burning bras. All I am saying is small pikin wey wan stretch neck to see wetin old person dey do must be ready for pepper wey go wash im eye.

And the cry of the feminist simply is why shd sex or gender be involved or be an issue in the first place?
why should we allow society to define us as individuals when it should be individuals who define the society? why can't a marriage or any relationship be a partnership with each person treated equally and fairly and each with his/her own responsibilities? yes there are moments of extreme stress in every relationship but need there be? Most of the time it arises becomes the woman is bitter or unhappy about something and cannot repress it for much longer. occasionally the reverse is the case but if both parties where on equal footing to start with, there would be no need for any form of repression but an avenue for dialogue and mutual compromise
Re: Feminist Love by Cyclone5(m): 12:04pm On Jun 21, 2008
Sometimes human being naturally repress things. It's a perfectly natural response to stress or fear. I am just saying that the rearing up of feminism in a relationship can have the effect of lashing out at one person for the sins of many. That just can't be right.

Being part of a society does imply subsuming oneself into the culture and rules of that society. In order to relate to others we sometimes have to use society as reference point. Of course no one should be limited by the limitations of the society they live in. But they have to live by it norms. That might mean not exposing ones vulnerability to opportunists in the name of being strong and independent. If you really want to be strong, you can wait to express your views challengingly in the right forum, or you can work your guy over pretty hard in bed. I am sure he will love that kind of strong independence! grin
Re: Feminist Love by HRhotness(f): 12:27pm On Jun 21, 2008
Cyclone5:

Sometimes human being naturally repress things. It's a perfectly natural response to stress or fear. I am just saying that the rearing up of feminism in a relationship can have the effect of lashing out at one person for the sins of many. That just can't be right.

I am ashamed to admit that there are a few women claiming to be feminists who go around lashing out at all men with no justification and all in the name of feminism. . . thats not the way its spsed to be. womens rights simply means the right to be treated fairly and equally and not the right to special treatment and ordering the whole world around. That said, any woman who wld lash out at her husband for the "sins of all men" is quiet frankly a fool. why would she marry him in the first place? I still hold the opinion that any man who marries a feminist shd be open enough to understand her values and the importance of what she stands for, respect her opinions and treat her the way she expects to be treated. It would be just silly for any man to go marry a feminist and expect to dominate her, thats just a recipe for disaster

Being part of a society does imply subsuming oneself into the culture and rules of that society. In order to relate to others we sometimes have to use society as reference point. Of course no one should be limited by the limitations of the society they live in. But they have to live by it norms. That might mean not exposing ones vulnerability to opportunists in the name of being strong and independent.

Who defines the norm? who determines what is normal and what is not?
this has nothing to do with being strong and independent, its simple deciding for urself ur own values and standing by them. how can we have free will when some of our actions are frowned upon by society just becos they dont fit into the "norm". I am of the school of thot that states its a free world and I am entitled to do as i please as long as i dont hurt anybody. Life is too short to live by somebody elses rule. . . make up ur own and have a blast!

If you really want to be strong, you can wait to express your views challengingly in the right forum, or you can work your guy over pretty hard in bed. I am sure he will love that kind of strong independence! grin

BTW I subscribe to this form of independence grin
Re: Feminist Love by Cyclone5(m): 12:47pm On Jun 21, 2008
I agree that no relationship worth a damn can be reliant on one mate dominating the other. It not only isn't necessary it fails to get the best out of both mates. A guy marrying a feminist must love her for the strong will and passion with which she applies herself. He wouldn't want to see that flame extinguished. Ever!

Remember that for every ring of laughter, there is a tear falling somewhere on earth. You may not be directly hurting anyone through the exercise of your free will but sometimes a lot of damage can be done. Very often what we call free will is a series of connections and loops that have been pre programmed. We just just don't, or choose not to; see the machinations. Sometimes society may take time to evolve but its evolution has to be by mutual consent. Even wild beasts live by a social code.

Subscribe on O! The world will continue to be a happier place. wink cheesy
Re: Feminist Love by RedHotChic(f): 6:31pm On Jun 21, 2008
I agree that no relationship worth a damn can be reliant on one mate dominating the other. It not only isn't necessary it fails to get the best out of both mates. A guy marrying a feminist must love her for the strong will and passion with which she applies herself. He wouldn't want to see that flame extinguished. Ever!

Remember that for every ring of laughter, there is a tear falling somewhere on earth. You may not be directly hurting anyone through the exercise of your free will but sometimes a lot of damage can be done. Very often what we call free will is a series of connections and loops that have been pre programmed. We just just don't, or choose not to; see the machinations. Sometimes society may take time to evolve but its evolution has to be by mutual consent. Even wild beasts live by a social code.
25 stars.
Re: Feminist Love by RedHotChic(f): 6:34pm On Jun 21, 2008
If you treat her right, there will be no need for her to be "feminist" at home
Why do we always stress on the way women should be treaated and the repercussions? What about treating him right? Will it be justified for him to turn to a beast when you don't treat him right? Again, what is treating someone 'right'?
Re: Feminist Love by HRhotness(f): 6:38pm On Jun 21, 2008
RedHotChic:

Why do we always stress on the way women should be treaated and the repercussions? What about treating him right? Will it be justified for him to turn to a beast when you don't treat him right? Again, what is treating someone 'right'?

the whole reason for the feminist movement is due to the fact that historically womenhave been treated as second class beings rather than equals. and that is the context in whch that statement was made. the question of how partners should b treated in their marriage, with the key subject being the marriage, is an entirely different debate
Re: Feminist Love by Cyclone5(m): 6:48pm On Jun 21, 2008
There was good reason for the Feminist Movement. And there are many areas of gender inequality around today. So the struggle continues. But a lot of what is taken as feminism, especially amongst we Black folk, is just women mouthing off about beating men down. Now I have no problem with a woman beating down any man of her choice. If thats what gets him off then more power to him. Just not cool with the 'Bills, bills, bills' mantra that keeps being yelled around. Yes I can pay your bills but can you shut the hell up for a minute so I can actually get to know you!
Re: Feminist Love by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 21, 2008
Lol.
Re: Feminist Love by HRhotness(f): 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2008
Cyclone5:

There was good reason for the Feminist Movement. And there are many areas of gender inequality around today. So the struggle continues. But a lot of what is taken as feminism, especially amongst we Black folk, is just women mouthing off about beating men down. Now I have no problem with a woman beating down any man of her choice. If thats what gets him off then more power to him. Just not cool with the 'Bills, bills, bills' mantra that keeps being yelled around. Yes I can pay your bills but can you shut the hell up for a minute so I can actually get to know you!

LOL

but those chics are just hiding behind the term feminism,  a true feminist doesnt need man to pay her bills. you are right in some ways though, the true meaning of feminism is lost esp by nigerian women today. they thinks its an excuse for nasty behaviour, i shudder with disgust when some chic, there are loads of them on Nairaland who start man bashing threads attack men unnecessarily all in the name of feminism, thats just crap! a true feminist will treat everone with respect in order to gain respect herself.
Re: Feminist Love by Jackal(m): 6:55pm On Jun 21, 2008
Marrying a feminist is just pushing one's luck.
Why would i marry a woman that believes she has got equal rights as i am?
Gender equality me ass.
A woman's submission is one of the sterling qualities of a virtuos woman. . . anything apart from that, she can ferk off!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

Screenshots: See My Reply When She Asked For Recharge Card At Midnight / But Share Your Methods Of Having Sex With A Girl That Comes Visiting / OMG! Imagine A Comment A Girl Gave Me On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.