Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Secrets Of the gods - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Secrets Of the gods (112210 Views)

The Gods Are Hungry / Who Offended The gods of the land? / Food For The Gods. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secrets Of the gods by Winnie1950(f): 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2013
Wow frank has done it again. I must say that you have a good sense of description. The part of Angela made me to feel very bad because with the way you described it, i can imagine being in her shoes and it's definitely a traumatic experience.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 19, 2013
My oga frank is now emotional, ope o, so saint gets this inspiration which happen to be happening for real, that means we are reading two books. Saint's and Franks's .
Nice one, oga oh, jeun lo, je ko ma ro be.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2013
Chapter 3
Inspector Lucky Bolaji looked from the dead woman to her daughter, nothing seemed to make any sense. The girl was nothing but a vegetable. The neighbors had said she was just 14 years but she looked like a seventeen years old girl; a confused 17 years old girl who was probably deaf and dumb.

“Where is your father?” Lucky asked her again

No response. She just continued to wave her body back and forth while she stared at her dead mother. Nothing on her face indicated she was even aware of the presence of the policeman.

Inspector would have suspected that this strange girl had something to do with the death of her mother if the neighbors in the area had not informed him that the girl’s father was an abusive one whom they all considered dangerous. They had also given him a hint that the father was sleeping with her. This information had driven him to call a non governmental organization that was specialized in handling abused children and women. He was sure they would handle the girl better since he obviously had no idea of what to do with her. He couldn’t wait for them to come.

He left the girl alone and went out of the building. The neighborhood reeked of nothing but poverty. Looking around, he was sure that people who lived here were already used to this kind of ear hurting information such as the case between Clifford and his family. It was a slum, the slum of Lugbe, everybody who live here was poor and classless. This place bred the criminals and hoodlums who disturbed the people who live in the better parts of Lugbe. A lot of evil and atrocity happens here, some were reported to the police and some were not.

Was the girl really dumb? The neighours said she had been like this for the past two years. They were even quite surprised to hear her scream and that was why they responded. They said the scream was different. He couldn’t understand why they had chosen not to inform the law about the constant rape and violence Clifford meted on his family. Well, he was already aware that people here always minded their business.

Soon a bus with the inscription ‘Society for Women and Children’ pulled over and a young pretty lady came out. Lucky thought she should not
be above 24. She walked straight to him.

“Good evening Inspector, sorry for our delay in response, we really had difficulty in locating this area.” There was a note of confidence in her voice that made Inspector lucky certain that she would be able to handle the abused girl. He liked her decent and professional outlook.

They both entered the building and she went straight to the girl. She sat down gently beside her and touched the little girl’s shoulder.

“Hello, my name is Sandra,” she said softly and looked up at the inspector, what’s her name?”

“Angela,” the inspector said.

The body on the floor had already been wrapped in a body bag

“Angela, don’t worry, you will be okay. I will take care of you from now on, you have no need to fear any longer.”

The girl suddenly gently leaned on Sandra and tears began to roll down her eyes.

It was like a miracle and Inspector Lucky was amazed.

“This is a case of severe abuse. Look at her face, she had been constantly severely beaten and raped by her dad, this has caused her to shut herself out from reality. All I see from the look in her face is self hate and shame.”

“You can tell all that from just looking at her?” the inspector asked.

“Yes, I have treated much of this kind of case since I started this foundation a year ago.” She replied

He nodded his head indicating that he was impressed. He never even knew the foundation was hers.

His mobile phone suddenly rang. He reached for his pocket and brought it out to check the caller. He wouldn’t want to be disturbed if it wasn’t something serious.

“Hello,” he answered to the phone upon seeing that it was Audu, one of his officers.

“Sir, I am afraid that there have been another murder case very close to where you are.” Officer Audu said on the phone.

“When did is happen and how?” Lucky asked, he was both surprised and shocked.

“I am on my way to your location to pick you, I will fill you in while I take you there.” The officer said and the line went dead.

“I am sorry I will have to attend to another pressing matter. I will be in touch with you once I am through. I trust she is in good hands.”
Inspector Lucky was already putting the phone in his pocket as he spoke.

“Sure, I will take her to general hospital for check up, I believe she needs to leave this environment to start a recuperating process.”

“Alright,” then he turned to some officers around, “you guys can clear the scene, I want you to leave a few officers around to be on the watch just in case her father comes home.” With that he walked out of the room.

Sandra turned her attention back to the little girl, “Alright sweetheart, I am going to take you out of here, go inside and get some of your belongings.”

Like a robot, the girl stood up and entered the room. It was a one bedroom apartment; this small sitting room had been her sleeping chamber all her life. She came out with a small polythene bad that had a few cloths inside.

Sandra stood up and began to lead her outside.

Angela suddenly stopped and walked towards the television on the small shelf. She opened the back and brought out the wrapped cloth then she followed Sandra without bothering to close the television back.

“What is that?” Sandra asked as she led the girl out of the room.

Angela didn’t say a word as she put the wrapped object into her bag. It was unexpectedly heavy so she carried the bag with her two hands.
Soon they got into the bus and were driven away by its driver.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 6:01pm On Sep 19, 2013
The prostitute had been given something to cover her naked body as cops and observers moved from one end to the other. She had not gone back into the room since she ran out but those that had entered had reported that the sight inside was something words could not explain.

The day was almost getting dark when Inspector Lucky and Officer Abdul arrived.

“Where is the girl? Lucky asked as soon as he got down from the police vehicle.

“Over there,” said one of the officers who had arrived earlier as he pointed to the girl.

Lucky went straight to her, “How are you doing young lady,”

The lady looked up at him and shook her head; Lucky took it to mean that she was alright.

“Do you think you can speak?” she asked.

She nodded her head, “I was with the two men when I noticed a cloud of black smoke just below the ceiling, it was so black and thick that I became scared and tried to run away but the man on… the man with me wasn’t easy to get rid of. Then I saw the cloud enter into the both of them through their eyes and disappeared. They remained motionless until I ran out. Now I heard that they are both dead in the room.”
“Cloud?” Lucky asked, surprised that she could speak English so well.

She nodded

Lucky decided to go check the room himself.

What he saw wasn’t funny, something had blown their heads from their bodies. The man on the bed was lying headless with a thick stain of blood on the small bed. The flow was too much that he could feel it drip from under the bed. It was impossible to even step into the room with the pool of blood on the floor. The wall was splattered with the blood which must have been as a result of some sort of head explosion.
He just couldn’t believe his eyes. It wasn’t possible that the lady prostitute outside had done this. Yet he believed that there must be some explanation to this scene. Now he must look into this thick black cloud she was talking about, that is if it existed.

By the time he came back to the girl, he was sure that he was soon going to throw up. “Did anybody see anything?” he asked two policemen beside her.

“No, all we have is her testimony, apparently that was her room and so it makes sense that she was the only one that witnessed whatever happened there.” One of the officers informed his superior.

For the first time in his fifteen years as a police officer, he didn’t have any idea on what next to do. But he was almost certain that whatever killed those two men was pure evil, be it human or dark smoke.

His boys were looking up to him for the next instruction. God, he just wished he was in their shoes. “Alright, there is obviously not much we can do about the situation on ground. Abdul, I want you to lead the investigation… find out if anybody knows these two men. The lady said they were drunk, talk to the waiter here and find out anything about them.” To some other officers lurking around, “get the police doctor to examine the body and give me a full report on what must have caused a head burst, it could be what they ate, you never can tell. Let the scene not be touched until after the forensic squad have done a detailed analysis of the room. I want to know if there was someone else there too. Ensure that the whole environment is properly secured, I don’t was anything interfering with the crime scene.” He looked at the lady, “take her to the police clinic, she defiantly needs to talk to a professional, we might still need to talk to her tomorrow when her head is clear. Audu, assign someone to her.”

“Yes sir! The policemen chorused.

With that, he walked into one of the police vehicles around and an officer drove him off. He was sure going to have terrible dreams this night.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 6:03pm On Sep 19, 2013
After he left his house, Clifford took a commercial bike to Club 1, one of the most popular bar and club in Federal Housing Lugbe, the area was quite far from the slum he lived with his family. He just wanted to have a feel of wealth; this would give him something interesting to dream about.

He really needed to ingest more alcohol.

He paid the commercial biker with a five hundred naira note and asked him to keep the change. He got into the bar and ordered a bottle of small stout, and then he decided to call his merchant friend.

He brought out his mobile phone, dialed the number and put the phone up to his left ear. He looked around while he listened to the caller tune.
There were very few people in the bar that afternoon; he knew that soon, people will come flooding in.

“Hello, I just want to inform you that I have got the gold,” Clifford went directly to the point once the merchant answered the call.

“Very good, Please do make us see first thing tomorrow morning,” came the voice from the other end.

“Alright, one more thing… the price has gone up to ten million. Take it or leave it.”

There was silence for some minutes while Clifford prayed that he wouldn’t refuse this new proposal.

“Lets talk about that tomorrow; I believe we will come to an agreement.” The merchant replied.

“You will not see me if you do not accept this new proposal.” Clifford insisted.

There was a short laugh from the other end, “Alright, I will pay ten million to you tomorrow once I confirm that the object is original.”

“It is, trust me… see you tomorrow then.” He cut the line and suddenly felt like screaming. He gulped down the content of the bottle in front of him and ordered another one. He wasn’t enjoying drinking alone and wished Okon and John were here with him.

Perhaps he should just hang out with a lady. He called the bar man’s attention and the young lad responded quickly.

“Can you get me a lady to hang out with right now? I will give you something if you deliver.”

The boy smiled and nodded his head without saying a word.

In the next thirty minutes a very beautiful lady walked up to Clifford’s table and sat down beside him.

“Heard you are in need of my service,” she said in a musical tune.

Clifford was in his third bottle, he was really getting drunk, “What do you want to drink?” he asked in a slurry voice.

“I don’t want to take anything… do you have a hotel room? I have one if you don’t.” she replied.

He quickly finished up the beer in front of him, paid for his drink leaving a huge tip for the barman and walked away with the girl.

Hours later he found himself in a strange hotel room that night, with the girl making herself up on the bed. There was a wide smile on her face.

“I thought you wouldn’t wake up, thank God you have ‘cos I have to go out for the night.” She said

He wasn’t sure if he actually made love to her, well he had Angela at home to make up for that. “How much am I to pay you?”

“Five thousand naira,”

“Mnnn” rich men do not complain, he thought and made to reach his pants that were lying somewhere on the floor.

Then a cloud of thick smoke began to form just below the ceiling. Thinking something was burning despite the strange and fearful sight of the smoke, the lady by his side ran out of the room to alert the hotel attendants leaving Clifford all alone in the room wondering what the thick enigmatic cloud was all about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 6:03pm On Sep 19, 2013
Mfon sure had a great time reading and typing the manuscript. She wished there was more of the story to type. It was a great story and she was sure members of the online forum she was about to upload it to would love it and ask for more. And if they like it, that will motivate Saint to finish up the story.

She was just about to re-read what she typed before her mobile phone vibrated on the table. It was Saint.

“Hi” she answered.

“Hi, are you already back from church?” he asked.

She instantly picked up her wristwatch on the table, 10.45am. “Oh God, I totally forgot. I have been so engrossed typing and reading your story that I didn’t even remember today was Sunday. I will make it up with an evening Mass.”

“Are you trying to tell me that the story is that interesting?”

“Interesting? It is classic. I didn’t know you have been to Abuja before.”

He was glad she liked it, “No, just some names I have heard from friends. I don’t really know why I felt it necessary to use Abuja. But I guess I am doing a great job since you like it.”

“I really love it even though it is sort of scary. I never figured you out as someone who could think along that line, you sure are full with surprises.”

“You can’t tell a book by its cover they say. Alright girl, please ensure you go for evening Mass. I already feel guilty that it is my fault that you didn’t go to church.”

“I will just upload the story online, and do some house chores before evening. I will definitely go.”

“Take care then,” he said and cut the line.

Quickly she connected her laptop to the internet after inserting her Airtel Modem. Then she opened the Nairaland page, went straight to the literature section and began to upload the story as she carefully read through for errors.

Once she was through, she shut down her laptop and prepared herself for the day.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 19, 2013
Urghh! Sick sick Clifford. . .hope he dies painfully. Nice one as usual,Frank.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Kslib(m): 6:30pm On Sep 19, 2013
Nice as usual..
E don red for clifford be that... cheesy cheesy
All izz well!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by OMA4U(m): 6:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
Heyyyyy! Oga Frank is back. But I be late comer sha. See their heads for front... Anyway I neva carry last. I go siddon for middle watching the drama unfold.

Good one, Frank!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by rofemiguwa(f): 8:50pm On Sep 19, 2013
The only way to describe it is wow!.thank u frankie can't wait for more grin kiss
Re: Secrets Of the gods by gendebs(m): 9:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
Frank at it again. Some pple re born 2 write while pple like me re born 2 read. Frank u rock my world. I dey vex 4 u for starting a thread witout notifin, all d same nthng do u, i dey ur back. I'll glo wit u anywhere u go.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 10:21pm On Sep 19, 2013
Mnnnnnnnnnn, what more can i say.... Pls....
Ok, guys are u loving this? Mnnn, thanks @ everyone. Damex333 u are jst my guyses.

Everone on board, we gonna go higher than a lion in zion(bobmarly song), ok gendebs u have always been recognized,

The story is about to shoot.

Rofemiguwa, klisb, winne, phatkemi, emperoer; oma4u, nonosofast and Other pls b there for mr to d end. Thanks
Re: Secrets Of the gods by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:18am On Sep 20, 2013
O.....M.....G!!!!!!! I'm speechless.....Mr Frank....I am hereby your Loyal servant.......this is...this is...this is.....DAMN!!!! This is the BEST STORY EVER!!!!!! See ehn Mr Frank.....CopyRight this thing Sharperly!!!!!!

You know what's thrilling me Most?....the Fact that you actually put 2 genre of stories in 1....talk about GENIUS!!! You put ROMANCE and THRILLER/MYSTERY in 1 story...EPIC!!!!

Let's not even talk about the "twist" and parts that makes us the readers think we know where you are going with this (e.g the part of Saint's kidnaped Twin sister and the Epilogue coupled with the fact that Mfon connects so well with him) it got me thinking "oh I know where this is going MFON is his sister" but then when I saw Clifford in the Mystery part it got me thinking "wow...mfon just connected his sister's abduction with his story making we the readers think that's what actually happened".......Intriguing!!!! In fact *STANDIND OVIATION*
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 6:12am On Sep 20, 2013
Mnnnn, Mr. Jeffery, thanks for commin on board. I am glad u are loving this. This story is just about to begin

U guys dont know ¦w good it feels to be appreciated.

Nxt update comes in the evning by 3 or 4 pm
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 20, 2013
Weldon Frank. I loved Tenth generation, but this? Mind blowing. Keep it up. You sure have come a long long way!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Teespice(f): 8:13am On Sep 20, 2013
Lovely story from a prolific writer. Oga frank I doff my hat for you. I also enjoyed your other series as well. More ink to your pen.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by rofemiguwa(f): 2:40pm On Sep 20, 2013
Looking at my watch waiting for 3 or 4.frankie luv I knw u won't disappoint kiss
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 4:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
mollytinrox: Weldon Frank. I loved Tenth generation, but this? Mind blowing. Keep it up. You sure have come a long long way!

thanks my friend, i just hope i can do somthin better than tenth generation.

Teespice: Lovely story from a prolific writer. Oga frank I doff my hat for you. I also enjoyed your other series as well. More ink to your pen.

thanks beauty... you dont know how happy i am that i hve such a beautiful fan
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 4:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
rofemiguwa: Looking at my watch waiting for 3 or 4.frankie luv I knw u won't disappoint kiss

sure i wont. thanks for having my back
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 4:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
Chapter 4

Uyo (real time)

As a final year student, Saint had very few lectures to attend since they were preparing for their final project. The final year students in his departments had already been asked to submit their project topics for approval. School was less hectic these days and Saint was enjoying every bit of it.

He had only one lecture to attend on Mondays; a one hour lecture that starts by 12 noon.

Mfon on the other had was a two hundred level student and had to attend GST by 9am every Monday morning at the school pavilion.
She was surprised to see Saint approach her after her lecture by 10am.

“Were you waiting for me all these while?” she asked.

He was almost carried away by how smart she looked that morning. She was all business like in a white well fitted long-sleeved blouse tucked in a black tight skirt. The skirt was just a little above her knee and revealed the curves of her lower body. She looked beautiful.
“No, I timed when the lecture should be over and started coming five minutes before time up; my timing was perfect. You look beautiful.” He looked all over at her as he spoke.

“You look good too, what is it with everybody dressing all office like on Mondays?” he was wearing a blue shirt tucked in a plain black trouser.

“I don’t know, maybe because Mondays are usually taken very serious. When is your next lecture?” they were walking towards the football field and passing by the photographers.

“My next lecture will be by 12. Oh Saint, your story was tight. I can’t wait to finish it. I posted it on Nairaland and everybody is asking for more. You need to see the comments that it is generating. They think the writer is a genius.”

He almost laughed at her excitement. He didn’t think the story was that interesting. He searched through the books in his left hand and brought out five sheets of papers. “After speaking with you yesterday, I got motivated to write more, so you can add this to what you have posted.”

“Great!” she almost screamed as she snatched the papers from him. “You have just made my day. I will definitely type and upload this today.”

“So when will I see what people are talking about the story online. I want to be sure that you are really telling me the truth.” He said.
She put the stashed the papers into her bag. “I was thinking of inviting you home… perhaps tomorrow?”

“Okay,” he saw one of his photographer friends and waved at him.

“The two of you deserve to be snapped, why don’t you allow me to give you a shot?” the photographer called on them.

Saint looked at Mfon and they both smiled. “Let’s do it.” He said and held her by the waist while guarding her to the photo stand.

While they were posing to be snapped, Saint saw Linda, his ex-love coming towards them. She was pretty but Mfon was prettier.
Saint wondered why he had allowed himself to be a fool for her love.

He drew Mfon closer as Linda walked by, he really wanted the girl who had called her a loser to see that he had game.

But Linda walked by like she didn’t care.

“Stop starring at her, she is not worth the stress.” Mfon interrupted his thought.

Saint shrugged and brought his attention back to the girl what had given him the best two weeks of his entire life in University of Uyo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 4:50pm On Sep 20, 2013
Abuja (real time)
Inspector Lucky had barely entered his office when Officer Abdul entered to give him report on the previous day’s case. He had decided to check up on Angela who had been admitted in General hospital situated in the heart of Abuja.

The girl had not yet said a word since yesterday and he was surprised that pretty Sandra still had hope the she would soon come around.

“She will be here for at least one week, after which I will have our therapist attend to her. Any word from her father?”

“Not yet, I am really unhappy that such a man is walking free on the streets of Abuja; he is nothing but a monster.”

“I am more concerned for the pretty girl. She has gone through so much in the hands of her own father. She might have witnessed her father beat her mum to death too.”

The policeman didn’t fail to notice how passionate she was about the girl’s situation. Like she was taking it very personal. “It is really a pity, I just can’t imagine.”

“I know what it feels like” she said, “I had a traumatic childhood too,” she suddenly shrugged, and looked up at him, “Just make sure you get that monster.”

“I will do my best.” He had replied and walked out of the hospital. Mr. Clifford must really be sick; he wondered where the man might be at this moment.

He really felt pity for the young girl. His first and only son was just 7months old and he would rather protect his child than hurt him. What was this world turning to?

The drive from the hospital to Lugbe Police headquarters was a mind boggling one. The murder scene he has seen at the local brothel still haunted him. He couldn’t wait to see Abdul to hear what he had discovered about the two.

So when Abdul entered his office, he quickly made himself comfortable

“Spill it.”

“It is definitely a hard one sir; no one was familiar with the two men. The waiter admitted serving their table. He didn’t see anyone else come to their table; neither did they order for any other thing but booze.” Abdul reported.

“Perhaps they ate something before coming to the bar.” Lucky suggested.

“Well, the doctor’s autopsy didn’t reveal they ate anything harmful to the body before visiting the bar. Further investigation did not reveal that there was any other person in the room before or during the incident.”

“Could the Lady prostitute be telling the truth?” Lucky asked with uncertainty.

Abdul just shook his head in confusion.

“Any news on Clifford’s where about?” The inspector inquired.

“Nothing yet sir.”

Both cops remained silent for a while, Inspector Lucky was sure they will definitely catch Clifford. Posters of his image had been pasted everywhere around Lugbe axis. His crime would definitely touch the emotion of the citizens and he was sure they wouldn’t hesitate to give him up once he was seen.

The death of the two strange men still remained something of concern to him. What if it occurred again?

The vibration of his BlackBerry interrupted his thought. It was his journalist friend, Rotimi, Lucky just remembered they were supposed to hang out last weekend. He was also sure the journalist will complain about not getting a first hand information on the deaths in Lugbe from him. “Rotimi, sorry I didn’t see you during the weekend as promised, I…”

“That’s Okay Inspector, I had to call you because of something important I discovered.”

“Something important you discovered?” Lucky sat up as he repeated the last part of his friend’s statement in a question format. “What would that be?”

“I spent the better part of yesterday evening reading a story in an online forum, the story was uploaded yesterday and it was an interesting one. However, while reading this morning paper, I came across the case you have been handling since yesterday on the three murders that took place in Lugbe district. Believe me, it was like I was reading the online story all over again.” The Journalist quickly said.

“What are you talking about?” Lucky didn’t really think this was something serious.

“The story online is exactly a replica of what you went through yesterday… just that the story on line is more detailed. It answered the question I noticed you couldn’t answer while reading your comment on the paper. Your name and that of every other important person involved in the case was mentioned.”

Inspector Lucky adjusted himself on his seat. He couldn’t understand what was really getting his friend so worked up; he thought it was his duty to calm the man on the other end down. “Perhaps the story was posted by a journalist who covered the case.”

“Listen to me Lucky, I want you to take whatever I am telling you very seriously. The section of that forum is where people post their self written stories and not where they report news or events. The writer gave a detailed description of how Clifford killed his wife and raped his daughter. He also established a relationship between Clifford and the two dead men at the brothel which I am sure you have no idea that the three men knew each other.”

Inspector Lucky almost laughed at his friend. “There is no relationship between Clifford and the three men or are you trying to tell me that Clifford also killed them?”

“Well, from the story I read yesterday, Clifford didn’t kill them rather he will soon die by the dark smoke that killed his friends.” Rotimi replied.

“Friends?”

“Yes, those men were friends in crime with Clifford, in fact, they had just stolen a Golden artifact from a monastery in Akwa Ibom State and this had resulted to their death. Their names are Okon and John and they live in Gwagwalada.” The journalist explained.

Lucky was beginning to get interested, “I am listening.”

“The black smoke the prostitute talked about was a manifestation of the demon that has something to do with the Golden medallion. The writer has not yet explained how exactly the evil spirit is connected with the object, but I am sure that all these will be revealed in subsequent stories.”

“I still find this hard to believe or understand. Where is the artifact?”

“It is with his daughter, she took it along with her before leaving the house with Sandra. He father hid it inside that old television in the sitting room before raping her and she saw it.” The was silence in the other end, “Look inspector, I also find what I am telling you very ridiculous, you can imagine how shocked I was when I realized that the story I read was happening here in real life.”

“I still think that it is not a story…”

“How then do you explain the medallion or can you explain how the men were killed? The prostitute talked about a smoke… can you explain that? Do you think she was lying? Okay, if you doubt me, go right away to Club 1 and ask the bar man about a man whom he gave a call girl yesterday. It was a huge man who was drinking big stout all alone before he told the bar man to get him a girl, the girl left with Clifford, I guess he knows where she stays because he called her for Clifford. She also witnessed the presence of the dark smoke in her room last night and ran out leaving Clifford in the room. I guess he should be dead by now. You can also call pretty Sandra, whom you think was smart and professional, and ask her if she saw Angela take a wrapped object from the television along with her when they left the room.

“Alright I will get back to you.” The inspector thought that Rotimi was sure of himself. The man had given little details about the case that made sense. A medallion? He thought. He never heard of a monastery in Akwa Ibom State. This case was getting weirder and weirder. He stood up and put his mobile phone in his pocket, “Let us go to club 1, I have a lead I want to follow.” He said to Officer Abdul who couldn’t wait to hear the details of the call. He was sure it was something serious or strange because his boss’s countenance said it all.

Lucky brought his mobile phone out of his pocket as he approached the door; he was going to give Sandra a call.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 4:52pm On Sep 20, 2013
When Clifford woke up that morning around 9.30am, he found out that he was still alone and he felt different. He wasn’t even sure if he was Clifford any longer. Yes there was definitely something strange about him.

He felt energized and younger, like he was a twenty years old man living in a forty years old body. It was like he saw and understood his environment or the world at large from a different point of view. Again it felt like there was another person living in him.

Perhaps it was the excess intake of alcohol yesterday, he thought.

“Don’t be stupid, alcohol does not energize you.” A voice said to him.

He quickly looked around, he was the only one in the room. The voice came from him. Did he actually hear anything? Did he say anything?

He fell back to the bed and began to think. Yes, the smoke! It had all found its way into his eyes and disappeared. But he didn’t feel strange when it happened.

He remembered that the lady with him had returned with some attendants after running away and they thought she was crazy because he confirmed that there was absolutely no dark smoke in the air.

But why did he deny it? Didn’t he see it?

Yet he liked the way he felt. The strength was amazing.

He stood up from the bed and walked out of the room and out of the hotel. I can’t wait to get my golden medallion, he thought.

As he walked, he felt like he was walking on the air. Then he felt like eating. He checked his pocket but had nothing on him. He couldn’t even remember what happened to all the money that was in his pocket yesterday, but eat he must.

He walked out of the hotel and began to look around for a restaurant. The people around him seemed like lost kids, why did he think he was a lord over them?

Soon he saw one restaurant, it had the name Mama Calabar. It looked clean and decent; perhaps he should go in and eat.

Soon he was seated comfortably on one of the empty tables. It was almost 11am and there seemed to be few people interesting in coming into the restaurant to eat.

It wasn’t hard to for the attendants and few customers to notice how careless the big man had walked in and sat down.

One of the female attendants reluctantly went to his table to attend to him.

“Get me two plates of fufu, hurry, I am hungry.” Clifford threw at her. He felt so hungry, he could eat her. “Hurry!”

The girl left and returned three minutes later with his order. She didn’t allow his behavior to get at her, she was already used to arrogant customers.

He suddenly became a subject of interest for everyone in the restaurant, a customer requesting for two places of fufu at the same time didn’t happen everyday.

Clifford finished his meal before they could say ‘Jack Robinson’. He motioned to the waiter who attended to him, “get me two more plates.”

She starred at him like he was a talking Donkey.

Clifford almost slammed her head on the table, luckily for her, she quickly left his table.

She brought his order and he grabbed it from her hands and began to eat before she even dropped the plates on the table. He was acting like an animal.

He finished eating, washed his hands, stood up and began to leave.

“Sir!” the lady attendant call, “You have not paid for the food.”

Clifford turned around and looked at her, “I know, I am not stupid or do you think I am stupid?”

The manager who was almost as big as Clifford came charging at him. He had been watching Clifford since he entered and already suspected that he will be trouble.

“Please sir, pay for the food you have just eaten, this is not a charity organization.” He was younger than Clifford and felt he could take on the older man. He had handled people like him before.

But while he was sizing Clifford up, the older man had already clutched him on the neck and pinned him to the wall close by. His feet were above the ground. It was so swift that even Clifford couldn’t believe himself.

Everybody watched.

His eyes were locked with the manager’s and the manager saw clouds of dark smoke cover his eyes and disappeared within a second.
“Do you still want me to pay?”

The man managed to shake his head. Clifford took that to mean no.

“Very good.”

He released his grip, allowing the man to fall on the floor and walked out of the restaurant and towards the slum he lived.

Ten wraps of marijuana wouldn’t give him the feel he felt at the moment.

He got to his destination an hour later. His heart beat faster as he approached the house. He couldn’t wait to get hold of his medallion. He didn’t understand the strong urge to see the object; it was like his life depended on it.

Then he noticed how people stared at him, some were his neighbors. Something was wrong.

He became more observant as he approached his home and he was able to see that there were cops around his apartment.

He couldn’t reason out why cops would be in his house and why the neighbors looked at him with such strong aversion and fear.

Well, he was going to meet up with them and find out what they wanted. He walked straight to his home like he didn’t notice the cops.
He was quick to notice that they had drawn out their guns, they were four in number.

“Stop right there Mr. Clifford.” One of them commanded.

“What is the meaning of all these?” He asked.

“You are under arrest for the murder of your wife and abuse of your daughter. You have to follow us to the station.” The same officer said.

“My wife? Is this a joke or something? And where is my daughter? Where is Angela? Where is my medallion?” Medallion!!! He heard the strange scream in his head; it was so loud that he thought his head was going to explode.

He rushed straight into the building, pushing the cops by the door away. They didn’t expect this from him, but one of the cops succeeded in taking a shot but the bullet flew just above his head.

Clifford was surprisingly fast. He entered the building and went straight to the television. He tore it opened only to see that the medallion was not there.

He screamed. It was a strange sound.

He looked behind him and saw the four cops pointing their guns at him.

He stretched his neck left and right causing it to make a loud cracking sound as black smoke came out of his eyes.

Something about the smoke made the cops to remain immobile as Clifford walked into the kitchen and brought out a kitchen knife. He took his time and slashed them all to pieces. The dark smoke filled the room, some coming out of his eyes, nostrils and ears.

After the act, he sat on the lump of fleshes scattered all over, breathing hard in rage.

He had enjoyed every bit of the act but it had gone way out of hand. He looked around the smoke filled room with the bloody knife still in his hand.

“What are you? What do you want with me? What in the world have you made me done?”

Then a mean ugly face formed in the smoke, “I am Ghaoul, the god of the underworld.” The voice was smoky, it was hazy to the outer ear but quite clear to the inner sense organs, “Your evil touch unleashed me when you stole the medallion.”

“My friends stole it not me…”

“You are all the same thing… as evil as I am only with less power. I need to return to the godly realm and that medallion is the key and the door. I need you to help me get the medallion.” The voice continued.

“Oh my God! The medallion, what…”

“I possessed you because you are as evil as I am, you are the perfect host. So together we will get the medallion.”

Suddenly the smoke began to find its way into Clifford through every opening in his body and within a second, the room was as clear as crystal.

Clifford became energized once again. He stood up, went into the room, changed his cloths and walked out of the bloody room.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 4:56pm On Sep 20, 2013
Inspector Lucky tried Sandra’s number once again just before Officer Abdul pulled over in front of Club 1. It was midday and the bar environment was very scanty.

Lucky stashed the phone into his breast pocket and stepped out of the police vehicle. He wondered why Sandra’s number was not reachable; perhaps she was in a meeting.

The inspector was yet to get a full grasp of what Rotimi had been talking about. He had always been aware that the journalist has always loved reading and writing and he had never had any reason to think that the young man was a superstitious fellow neither had he ever thought he was a bit out of touch with reality. If anything, Rotimi was the sanest and sensible person he had ever met. He sometimes wished his friend was a cop instead of a journalist.

He had given Abdul the details of their discussion earlier in the office and the junior officer had only suggested that they follow the lead since they had nothing to lose, however he suggested that they must find the identity of the online writer.

Together, the two cops walked into the building; they went straight to the bar and spoke with the already alerted barman.
“Good day young man, we will like to speak with the attendants who served the customers here yesterday, male attendants to be précised.” Lucky didn’t need to introduce himself as a cop, his uniform said it all.

“I was the only one here yesterday sir, I served the customers.” The young chubby boy replied.

Abdul couldn’t help but wonder why and how only one person served the customers in such a big place, Club 1 was a known bar in town… well, that wasn’t why he was here.

“Okay, then I guess you must have attended to a big man who drank big stout alone yesterday. He later asked you to call a girl for him and you did,” I will be damned if this boy admits to what I am saying, Lucky thought to himself.

“Yes off course” the boy quickly replied as if he didn’t want the policeman to nurse any thought of doubt in that brain of his, “I am sure you are talking about the man who left here yesterday with Lucy,”

Both Lucky and Abdul couldn’t believe their ears, “Lucy is the call girl you brought for him?”

The boy nodded in agreement.

“Do you have any idea where they went to?”

“No, but most times Lucy prefer taking her men to her hotel room. Is everything okay?”

“When last did you here from her?” Abdul asked without bothering to answer his.

“I have not spoken with her since they left.” The boy answered innocently.

“Okay, how do we locate her hotel? And give us her cell phone number.” Lucky requested.

Abdul gave him his phone to key in the number, “she stays at Grimmy Hotel, the attendants know her.” the bar boy said as he handed the phone back to its owner.

“Thank you,” both cops chorused as the headed out of the building.

The boy only hoped something bad had not happened to Lucy, he would feel guilty if his friend turned out hurt.

Grimmy Hotel was an affordable hotel that was surprisingly in the heart of Lugbe. It was a four minutes drive from Club 1.

Soon the cops got there and went straight to the reception. Now they were sure that another dead body will turn up today just as Rotimi has predicted, and that body will be Clifford’s.

“We want to speak with Miss Lucy; I believe she is lodged here.” Inspector lucky went straight to the point. He couldn’t wait to confirm his suspicion and then call Rotimi and ask him what the hell was happening.

The two female receptionists looked at themselves and the cops instantly knew they knew something.

“What’s that?” Lucky asked.

“Lucy is not yet back and her number has not been going through. The management has been looking to speak with her because she raised a false alarm about seeing a strange thing in her room last night.” One of the receptionists said.

“False alarm? Was she alone in the room? What exactly happened?” Abdul asked.

The girls looked at themselves and the second girl spoke up, “actually officers, we were not on night duty and are not privileged to give you details of what happened. Why don’t you speak with our manager? That is his office over there.” She concluded by pointing to a door on the left side of the hall.

Inspector Lucky led his partner into the office.

The man behind the desk in the office looked much too young to be a hotel manager. He was very slim but neatly dressed; his office was equally very neat.

He asked the cops to sit down like he was expecting them all day.

“What exactly happened in Lucy’s room last night?” the inspector asked in a business like manner.

The young manager, looked at the suspiciously, why were they asking question about Lucy? What has she done? How did they know she raised a false alarm last night? He sighed before he opened his lips to speak, “She caused an unnecessary commotion last night. I almost lost all my customers who lodged here last night. I wonder where she is, does she know the kind of bad image what she did can…”

“What happened here last night,” Lucky sternly repeated.

The manager sighed again, what was this all about? He almost asked, but the look on the cops face didn’t encourage him to do so, “She came in here with a man in the evening as usual. Then later at night, she ran out of her room screaming like she had just seen an apparition. But she said she saw a thick cloud of black smoke in her room. Meen, you need to hear how frightful her scream was, she alerted the whole lodgers.” He shook his head in amazement while he spoke.

“You think she was lying?” Abdul asked.

“I think she was insane. Probably she had had too much drink and was hallucinating.”

“What about the man she came with, what did he say about the smoke?” Lucky inquired.

“The man didn’t say a thing. He was lying quietly and peacefully on the bed when we responded to her disturbance. He didn’t even know what was wrong with her neither did he see any cloud of smoke.”

This was a deviation from Rotimi’s predictions. Perhaps the journalist or the story teller already heard about the incident in the hotel before uploading the story online. But wasn’t the story way too detailed to be passed off as coincidence? How did the writer get much detail with the short period all the events took place and how did he establish the relationship between Clifford and the dead men? How did he get details about Clifford’s movements and also knew how he felt about Sandra? There were so many questions in the inspectors mind, so much unanswered questions. Who in the world was this writer?

“Can you please described the man and please tell us what happened to him.” Abdul said.

“He was a big man, should be about 39 or 40, I thought he somehow looked dangerous. There was something careless about the way he walked and carried himself like he didn’t give a damn about what anybody thought of him. You know, he slept alone in the room and left this morning around 11am like he was not sure of himself.”

The inspector stood up to leave, “Thank you very much for your corporation. We will be in touch again if need be, please do communicate us if you feel the need too.” He dropped his card and walked out of the office with Audu.

“Why do I want to believe that she actually saw a cloud of smoke, am I being influenced by what Rotimi told me?” Lucky was saying as he opened the car door. He was already dialing Sandra’s number. It rang this time around.

He was already seated in the car when she picked up the call.

“Hey, I have been trying your number all day, how is the girl doing?” lucky said, glad that he could finally reach her.

“Sorry, I had as flat battery, she is fine.”

“Did you notice Angela pick up anything from the TV when you were leaving the house with her yesterday? I mean something wrapped in a piece of cloth.”

“Yes she did exactly that. She kept it in her bag, I tried to inquire from her what it was but you know how she is.” Sandra clearly said.

“Emm, was anyone there with you at the time you left the room with her?”

There was silence for a few seconds and Lucky knew instantly that she was trying to recall the true picture of how the environment was when she left the room with Angela, “just one of the cops you left behind,”

“Okay, just keep a close eye on her, her father is still on the loose and he might want to contact her. Besides, whatever she took from the TV might be of interest. Just make sure she does not loose it. Anyway I will see you soon.”

Inspector Lucky had barely terminated the call when his mobile phone vibrated.

“Hello” he spoke just as he picked up the call.

“Sir, we just got report that all the policemen watching out for Clifford had been killed in his sitting room.”

“What!! I will get there right away; I need more policemen there as soon as possible.

“Alright sir.” And the line went dead.

“Let us go to Clifford’s home, there’s been a report that the men I assigned to watch out for him have been killed.”

Officer Abdul kick started the engine and headed for Clifford’s home and in the next five minutes they had reached their destination.

Inspector Lucky could easily sense that he was about to witness something worse than what his mind could fathom given the way observers reacted.

He stepped down from the car and was approached by one of the policemen, Lucky was impressed to see that there already were so many of them.

“How did it happen?” Lucky asked as he hurriedly walked towards Clifford’s apartment. Abdul followed behind.

“Eye witnesses have confirmed that Clifford came back, found his way into the house and murdered all the cops when they followed him into the room probably to arrest him.”

“How could one man murder four armed men?” everything was going out of hand the inspector thought as he spoke.

“We are yet to understand that sir,” the cops said, “You have to brace yourself for what you are about to see sir.”

Inspector Lucky stopped at the entrance of the building, took a long look at the cop beside him and motioned to Abdul to follow him.

This is totally insane, both cops thought as they beheld the disintegrated lumps of flesh. Why and how could somebody do this to a fellow human being, wasn’t just killing them enough? Abdul thought.

Inspector lucky quickly left the vicinity as soon as he felt his body wouldn’t be able to handle the sight anymore.

He must speak with Rotimi and find out if he could learn more about all these mystery from the journalist.

He dialed the number and Rotimi picked the call before it rang twice.

“Did you confirm what I told you?” Rotimi asked.

“Some, not all. Clifford is still alive, but the call girl that was in the hotel room obviously some a thick black smoke in the room and alerted the attendants. Why in the hell will the black smoke kill the first two men and let Clifford live? What is this black smoke?”

“I don’t know… the writer left us in suspense, probably he will talk about that in his next upload.” Rotimi said.

“I really need to see you and talk to you. A lot is happening. Four of my men are dead and witnesses say the killer was Clifford… did you also read about that?”

“No,” the journalist answered firmly, “I am truly sorry for …”

“Just give me an hour I will be with you, we need to talk.” Lucky terminated the call and looked all around him helplessly. He was beginning to feel that this was much more than he can handle. Would he be able to stand the sight of brutally murdered people again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 4:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
alright guys... i think this is long enough to last thoughout the weekend. chapter 4 ends here. we will continue from chapter five on monday. thanks. and pls comment and tell me what u think about the story so far.

is somebody guessing who Saint's twin sister is?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by rofemiguwa(f): 6:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
Nooo my frankie,monday is tooo far.I know am being oliver twist but u can't blame me.am hooked grin.Am guessing sandra or lucy,they always had d lesser power.NOW my dear readers this is wat is called THRILLER.thanks frankie
Re: Secrets Of the gods by BukkyDan(f): 6:19pm On Sep 20, 2013
#claps excitedly#

My oga has done it again...
It was so real...

More MB to ur gadgets, have a nice weekend.

#thinking aloud# Sandra or Angela? Which is Saint's sis?
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Phatkemi: 6:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
Saint's twinni would be mfon. But the story is gettin twisted
Re: Secrets Of the gods by zibrgt: 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
this story is WOW.me likey. cheesy
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2013
My oga at the top, oga franko, you are simply the best. Alot of typos, but nothing a nice editing can't do, and as for saint's sister, i guess it sud be sandra, she said something like "i had a traumatic childhood too" more pls.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Holumayor: 7:44pm On Sep 20, 2013
Whao!interestin,i tink saint twin sis is sandra
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 7:55pm On Sep 20, 2013
rofemiguwa: Nooo my frankie,monday is tooo far.I know am being oliver twist but u can't blame me.am hooked grin.Am guessing sandra or lucy,they always had d lesser power.NOW my dear readers this is wat is called THRILLER.thanks frankie

I am sorry sweethy, I really wish I could update but I will b very busy and wouldn't have time to write. But I promise u that it will be worth the wait. Nice guess. Thanks
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 8:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
BukkyDan: #claps excitedly#

My oga has done it again...
It was so real...

More MB to ur gadgets, have a nice weekend.

#thinking aloud# Sandra or Angela? Which is Saint's sis?

Thanks bukky, I am reading ur story too, enjoyin it.
Hw can u guess angela? She is just fourteen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) / A Male Child Is More Beneficial Than A Female Child In Nigeria(see Why) / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.