Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. (39175 Views)

Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / What Are The Spiritual Effects Of Premarital Sex? / Premarital Sex Is Not A Sin Against God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
^^

What would your Jesus do?

Let's say these people are now "born again Christians", who have repented from their "sins"... does the fact that they've had sex before prevent them from being joined in marriage?

Again....refer to my question.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Acidosis(m): 9:36pm On Sep 17, 2013
masonkz: ^^

What would your Jesus do?

Let's say these people are now "born again Christians", who have repented from their "sins"... does the fact that they've had sex before prevent them from being joined in marriage?

Again....refer to my question.

NO it doesn't prevent them from getting married..

But it calls for prompt disciplinary actions so long she wants to be joined in the church.

And if disallowing them from getting married in the Church would save the fragile souls who are reading the lives of this couple and the souls waiting to be saved to JESUS.. SO BE IT.

Imagine what people would say to the innocent man next time he carries his bible to preach about fornication and adultery...

I don't blame the man of God, what I blame is your sense of reasoning..

Pls don't quote me again or refer to my post again...

When you surrender your life to Christ, call me so we can talk..

For now, stick with your Logic and classroom tutorials..

I look s¡lly arguing with you, an atheist who do not even know the meaning of the name JESUS...

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by nora544: 9:44pm On Sep 17, 2013
Acidosis:

But it calls for prompt disciplinary actions so long she wants to be joined in the church.

And if disallowing them from getting married in the Church would save the fragile souls who are reading the lives of this couple and the souls waiting to be saved to JESUS.. SO BE IT.

Imagine what people would say to the innocent man next time he carries his bible to preach about fornication and adultery...

I look s¡lly arguing with you, an atheist who do not even know the meaning of the name JESUS...

Sorry you are not right, because i know pastor preach one thing to there followers but how they live and what the make is the other thing.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 17, 2013
Acidosis:

One, you assume I'm an atheist.

Two, what kind of "prompt disciplinary action" would you suggest? Apart from refusing to join them in marriage? These are people who have decided to tow the line of marriage instead of to continue doing it "illegally", and yet are being denied that. So what other option would you also suggest please?

Thanks for blaming my sense of reasoning. I wasn't expecting you to see it my way.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by saintvc(m): 11:37pm On Sep 17, 2013
If it were me, i would sue the pastor. How can you ccall of my wedding six days to date!??
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by AmandaaaP(f): 12:43am On Sep 18, 2013
A smell a foul plan..

Get a new church and new pastor asap.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by kimco(m): 1:06am On Sep 18, 2013
Acidosis:

this very shallow of u and u shud be ashamed of urself.

if u didn't want to argue, u wouldn't be here. Hippocracy much. Dnt expect anyone to listen to u when u're unwilling to listen to anyone else.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by kimco(m): 1:26am On Sep 18, 2013
This is my take on premarital sex. In the days of old, people married early, so having premarital sex was seen as a sin cos i mean b4 18 or even 16, some even younger and u've already had sex, u gotta be a serious wh.ore. However, these days people have to think of how to settle dwn b4 marrying and that's like 27yrs least for males and 25 for females least for females, generally speaking. Also with sex everywhere in our daily lives, it'll be insane not to have sex, we'll be forced to masturbate...i have never dne it b4 and i'll never do it, ever. However, jumping from one person to anoda, is jux not ryt and for me damn stupid. It'll be extremely wicked for religious leaders not to identify with this problem and come to a compromise. Our God is a God of reason and compromise, he isn't that stiff odawise we wouldn't have had his son die for us and most def would have had the earth swallow us immediately we sinned. Besydes if we're to abide by the everything in the bible....then we wouldn't even be here talking... so pls when u open ur mouth to say things u think make u look smart, u think about the other rules that apply to u that u aren't even following. Thank u

I'm a christian btw... B4 clueless people accuse me of being otherwise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 18, 2013
farem: [color=#990000
They should/can marry BUT only that any of such marriages [without repentance] is at the prescription of their father-in-law, Satan!
It's the world of choices. Only that your choices have effects. God (who is a Spirit) initiated, designed marriage. Therefore, marriage is spiritual thing (either positive or negative spiritual!)

thank you
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by eightsin(m): 9:54am On Sep 18, 2013
I don't think it's true the pastor suspended d marriage cos of premarital sex cos i'm sure he must have asked them bout it before d wedding date was scheduled. . . Wat i think is that he(pastor) found out that the lady is pregnant. . .
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by andymofia(m): 11:14am On Sep 18, 2013
eightsin: I don't think it's true the pastor suspended d marriage cos of premarital sex cos i'm sure he must have asked them bout it before d wedding date was scheduled. . . Wat i think is that he(pastor) found out that the lady is pregnant. . .

Stay there and be thinking. Am telling you what happened and you are there thinking. The babe is not pregnant.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 18, 2013
andymofia:

Stay there and be thinking. Am telling you what happened and you are there thinking. The babe is not pregnant.

r u sure u are not the groom?this one u r saying dat u were there

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by adconline(m): 1:43pm On Sep 18, 2013
Instead of giving their lives to Christ, Naija brainless Xtians have given given their brains and lives pastors!
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2013
Good Move!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
Most people here blaming the pastor should get the facts first..now, what i know is that before you get married in some churches, the pastor will make it point clear that the about to be wedded couples must not have any form of sexual intercourse before the wedding and during the marriage councelling sessions..failure to obey this is will lead to either postponement of the wedding or total cancel of the wedding in the church..so we should ask, did the couples knw about this rule? If they knew, why did they not find anoda church that will condone such promiscous act?

Once we find out, then we can nw dissect the situation..so let stop all this false accusation towards the pastor because what he did is not only right but honourable too.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sery777:

r u sure u are not the groom?this one u r saying dat u were there
plz can U direct ur signature 2 PAGAN 9JA,Judas2013,Billyonaire..et al
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by nelson1470: 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
get more news update at www.famousgists.com
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by bokoarerams: 2:01pm On Sep 18, 2013
Are u sure ur father did not touch ur mother before they marriedv u are a big hipocrite just like d pastor. Are his children virgins? Abegi-
Acidosis:

Any Pastor that agree to join the man and the woman under 'this condition' is not a Pastor but a hungry tout who called himself into Ministry for personal gains..

The cancelled event can't be re-arranged/re-scheduled if both party seek the face of God.. (Repentance)

..also any Judge that wish to preside over the matter can as well join them in a customary court, not a Church..

Church nor be beer parlour, oga.

Well I really do not blame you.. The new generation Pastors have turned the bible up-side and down.. Nowadays, I wonder where they get their messages.. I keep wondering if they are still preaching the same word Paul, and all the Apostles died for...

May God save us all..

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 18, 2013
nelson1470: get more news update at www.famousgists.com
NO! Nairaland is enough 4 me

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by eagleeye2: 2:03pm On Sep 18, 2013
Na person wey dem catch be thief.
"he, who is without a sin should cast the first stone"

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by achi4u(m): 2:03pm On Sep 18, 2013
The pastor has no rights whatsoever not to join the two husband & wife,he is economical with the truth.

Maybe the pastor has been eyeing that angel for a long time and still want to tap from that honey pot.

beside, who made this ppl pastors self.

let ur friend go to registry. asap
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by femliany(m): 2:04pm On Sep 18, 2013
A lady needs to be confirmed before marriage if,she is 'fairly used'or 'badly used'
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 18, 2013
boko are rams: Are u sure ur father did not touch ur mother before they marriedv u are a big hipocrite just like d pastor. Are his children virgins? Abegi-
Haunted! U need peace through Jesus!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2013
May Amadioha disintergrate the waist of the useless pastor! Bloody hypocrite!!
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by confetti(f): 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2013
I think cancelling the wedding outrightly is a bit too harsh. The only attachment to marriage of no sex is "Holy matrimony" so if they ahve already slept, then its no longer holy matrimony. This however shouldn't stop the wedding.

In my church, they will conduct your wedding as "Marriage Ceremony"
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2013
Some churches and pastors don't care anymore, they have thrown away the standard of the bible, Some churches will even join a pregnant bride. In my church you have to do an intensive marriage counselling befor you can even fix a date. the counselling will determine if you both are on the same page and ready for marriage. issues like premarital sex will come up if you have done it, your counselling period will be extended to deal with the issue, issues like finance, sex and other important matter in marriage will be discussed. After your Marriage counselling, a date can be set. Few days to the wedding, the bride will go for a pregnancy test in a hospital selected by the church, her husband to be and her will also go for blood tests for genotype, blood group and h.i.v. If the woman turns up pregnant, the wedding will be turned into a marriage blessing.
Wether we like it or not, the bible is and will always be the standard, premarital sex is a sin against our body and it won't change. I am glad there's a pastor who still knows the truth and walks by it.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Memyselfu2009(m): 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2013
Traditional and court wedding what's the need for white wedding
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Carsonv(m): 2:07pm On Sep 18, 2013
Really silly comments here. So all marriages that have been taking place in that church has been between virgins?

Maybe we should start virginity tests in churches to determine marriageability.

Mind you I'm not condoning premarital sex among christians...as the bible frowns at it. But that shouldn't be a yardstick to annul weddings...I'm sure the pastor wasn't a virgin when he got married.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by freecocoa(f): 2:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
Will I sound stupid if I ask whether the reason for cancellation of the wedding is cos they had sex with each other or had sex at all?
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by 25omega(m): 2:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
Acidosis:
Any Pastor that agree to join the man and the woman under 'this condition' is not a Pastor but a hungry tout who called himself into Ministry for personal gains..
The cancelled event can't be re-arranged/re-scheduled if both party seek the face of God.. (Repentance)

..also any Judge that wish to preside over the matter can as well join them in a customary court, not a Church..

Church nor be beer parlour, oga.
Well I really do not blame you.. The new generation Pastors have turned the bible up-side and down.. Nowadays, I wonder where they get their messages.. I keep wondering if they are still preaching the same word Paul, and all the Apostles died for...

May God save us all..
you are over hyped. calm down buddy it's not that serious. So your attitude is they can't get married because they had sex? It's not your wedding why are you typing as if your beliefs should be the only thing everyone abides by? By the way were you a virgin when you got married? that is if you are married and if not married are you still a virgin now. Be honest

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by achi4u(m): 2:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
masonkz:

One, you assume I'm an atheist.

Two, what kind of "prompt disciplinary action" would you suggest? Apart from refusing to join them in marriage? These are people who have decided to tow the line of marriage instead of to continue doing it "illegally", and yet are being denied that. So what other option would you also suggest please?

Thanks for blaming my sense of reasoning. I wasn't expecting you to see it my way.
My man you thank for ur candid answer.
The pastor act as if he is not a sinner.

mcheeew.na una get time for all this lone rangers grin
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
He without sin should cast the first stone angry

Nigeria and its jagajaga Christianity sef. Tufiakwa. angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life / David Ibiyeomie: Two Plots Of Land Not Enough For Me, My Cars, Entourage / Kemi Odukoya Shows Her Baby Bump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.