Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. (39180 Views)

Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / What Are The Spiritual Effects Of Premarital Sex? / Premarital Sex Is Not A Sin Against God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 18, 2013
freecocoa: So what if they were having sex before they became members of the church? Shey the pastor will ask them to leave the church?

If they had sex before they joined the church is not the pastor business but as long as they planned to get married in that church then you must abide by their rules...and the rule says while you are going through the marriage counselling classes in that church you are planning to wed in you must not have sex simple...we are so in love in doing the wrong things that we find it difficult to differentiate right from wrong...if you cent cope with the rules given to you before you we'd, siimply move to another church abi n.a. by force to we'd for a particular church....

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by basseyinnocent: 2:44pm On Sep 18, 2013
it wrong. repent from such sinful act, serve the penalty, a time for your to pray to reconsider if the woman is yours, fix another wedding date. leave righteous and fear God

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by LewsTherin: 2:47pm On Sep 18, 2013
Donxavier:

I read all your said and you kept on mentioning the church's discipline. Don't we follow the word of God anymore. where in the bible does it say to not joined a couple in holy matrimony just because they once had premarital sexx?

1 Corinthians 6:1-8 ESV
When one of you has a grievance against another, does he dare go to law before the unrighteous instead of the saints? Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life! So if you have such cases, why do you lay them before those who have no standing in the church? I say this to your shame. Can it be that there is no one among you wise enough to settle a dispute between the brothers, ...

The bible expects christians to be accountable to each other

You can't join in HOLY matrimony a couple in fornication until a clear repentance is pursued. Anything else is un-holy

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by tayoccu(m): 2:48pm On Sep 18, 2013
Its so crazy what some so called pastors do, instead of leading them back to the right path ( by making them realize what they've done is wrong, and making them repent), the pastor decides to cancel the wedding?
SMH!!!
Like the "pastor" has never sinned before in his life.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by dealslip(f): 2:49pm On Sep 18, 2013
Acidosis:

Any Pastor that agree to join the man and the woman under 'this condition' is not a Pastor but a hungry tout who called himself into Ministry for personal gains..

The cancelled event can't be re-arranged/re-scheduled if both party seek the face of God.. (Repentance)

..also any Judge that wish to preside over the matter can as well join them in a customary court, not a Church..

r lour, oga.

Well I really do not blame you.. The new generation Pastors have turned the bible up-side and down.. Nowadays, I wonder where they get their messages.. I keep wondering if they are still preaching the same word Paul, and all the Apostles died for...

May God save us all..

Don't be quick to judge the couple or praise the pastor. God is the great judge. The bible is the constitution of christians. The pastor can't act outside of it. At no time does the bible admonish church leaders not to wed fornicators. The bible advises that if you are engagedand you ate struggling with lust please marry. The bible not the pastor's feeling is what that matters. If not for grace nobody qualifies for righteousness.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by sammoR: 2:49pm On Sep 18, 2013
Is that not d more reason why he shld join them? Wats d wisdom in cancelling d wedding? He shld call n counsel them. Wed them n help ensure d marriage works. Dats his job as a pastor. Not being d judge n sentencing dem like he has no sin.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Wonderchild: 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2013
Since d the lady in question is nt pregnant, I don't think it's non f the pastor's buz
If they hd premarital sex or nt. Does it mean d pastor only join virgins in holy matrimony?
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by choice393(f): 2:51pm On Sep 18, 2013
omg!
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by MARKREN: 2:51pm On Sep 18, 2013
My take on this is simple we are all hypocrites. How many of us here can swear that we have never engaged in pre or post marital sex

Let he/she who has not sinned speak.

It is because of rubbish like this that I stopped going to church........................

So called pastors and "Men of God" dictating morals to their congregation but do not deem it fit to be judged by those same standards in their personal lives or when they spend their congregations’ funds on opulence.

My question with all the so called churches & mosques all over the place why have things generally not improved in Nigeria??

Rubbish Posts...........

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by wellmax(m): 2:57pm On Sep 18, 2013
Good one pastor. Church wedding is not compulsory. They can go to court.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by deols(f): 2:57pm On Sep 18, 2013
Acidosis:

So now your new definition of LOVE & HOLY MATRIMONY is testing the genital organs of the opposite s€x..

So now, a man in a bid of searching for the woman to marry can test run the genitals of your sisters one after the other to check which genital best fit his joystick..
In a case whereby, Mr pervert is dissatisfied, he's free to further the genital hypothesis on your female cousins one-by-one...

Maybe, just maybe, after test running about 15 of them, he can then choose one that best fit on bed.. wow!

Mind you, thats Mr pervert hypothesis..

Another Mr s€xmaniac in a bid for marriage can also proceed from your sisters again one after the other on a queue testing running them each by each ... again and again... smiley wow..

You are a good "love" doctor..

what would be the Christian way forward?. Is she to never marry or to marry after repentance?

Thanks as I await your response.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by ritux: 2:58pm On Sep 18, 2013
I so much love my church. This hypocrisy won't happen in my church. wtf
I swear, if all churches act this way 95% of youths that are ready for marriage wont get married in the church. bullshit

op pls help me tell the persons involved to seek for another church. if they don't find, let them use the court and after that seek for a blessed marriage.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by omon24(m): 2:59pm On Sep 18, 2013
made2fit: He that is without sin should cast the first stone. The best he could have done was suspend them after the wedding for some weeks even that can be considered extreme in some quarters. The pastor is playing God of the Old covenant IMO. Tell your friend to find another church Jare or do a fine registry or trad. Wedding.Gosh! What manner of self-righteous pastor!
u ar ryt, it because of dis kind of outcome that makes 90 percent of couples tel lies wen dis questn is put b4 dem,they wil prefar to tel d pastors lies and the pastor wil wed them. D best dis pastor would av done was to suspend dem afta d wedin,does dat means no wedin for them anymore?let he/she without sin cast d 1st stone
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by ritux: 3:02pm On Sep 18, 2013
if we are honest, let's take statistic of all the single persons that have commented on this thread.

I am ready to bet my life savings that 90% of us have indulged in fornication.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by akinshivic(m): 3:04pm On Sep 18, 2013
Let those who did not do it before their wedding comment first ! Bunch of Hypocrates !

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by deols(f): 3:05pm On Sep 18, 2013
MARK-REN:
My take on this is simple we are all hypocrites. How many of us here can swear that we have never engaged in pre or post marital sex

quite a number.

Let he/she who has not sinned speak.
yes undecided grin

It is because of rubbish like this that I stopped going to church........................
Try a mosque wink

So called pastors and "Men of God" dictating morals to their congregation but do not deem it fit to be judged by those same standards in their personal lives or when they spend their congregations’ funds on opulence.
shocked shocked shocked

My question with all the so called churches & mosques all over the place why have things generally not improved in Nigeria??

because of people like you angry

Rubbish Posts...........

lie angry

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Acidosis(m): 3:08pm On Sep 18, 2013
boko are rams: Are u sure ur father did not touch ur mother before they marriedv u are a big hipocrite just like d pastor. Are his children virgins? Abegi-

I'll ignore your post cos I respect your parents even though I've never met them..

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by kukus01(m): 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
fluid26:

I disagree. The pastor is wrong on this one. Does it mean the girl would never get married? Or perhaps, he expects them to go 'delete' the embryo and return for approval? Or he is hoping for a natural occurrence to 'reset' the anomaly...a miscarriage ? Blighted ovum? Pre-emclampsia? What exactly did he advise as solution to something he identified as a problem.

He claims to be serving Jesus, but he doesn't fully understand the circumstances surrounding the birth of his Christ. Mary was pregnant before marriage [the method of conception here is irrelevant]. She was rejected by society, yet she was eventually married to Joseph. Why? It was Joseph who had the final say, not the society, not the church leaders.

What if the said girl had told the pastor that her conception was immaculate (like Mary's)? What if it was through IVF or other proven non-sex-related method? Would the pastor react differently?

I hate pastors and their ridiculously low mental capacity. Even if he lacks knowledge, he should borrow some common sense from past events and save himself this embarrassment.
i like it when people read and understand.....did the op mention anything about pregnancy? ur post reeks of hatred for pastors.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by deols(f): 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
Whatever helps to uphold morality is Fine by me.

I just don't know if the Christian doctrine supports what the pastor did.

Under an Islamic law, each of them is entitled to 100 lashes of the cane. grin Not meant to be painful though and that is if they were caught in the act or came forward to say it. It is No Imam's business to snoop into other people's private affair.

Whatever is bad is simply bad and some hide behind calling others hypocrite to justify immorality. smh at them.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
LewsTherin:

1 Corinthians 6:1-8 ESV
When one of you has a grievance against another, does he dare go to law before the unrighteous instead of the saints? Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life! So if you have such cases, why do you lay them before those who have no standing in the church? I say this to your shame. Can it be that there is no one among you wise enough to settle a dispute between the brothers, ...

The bible expects christians to be accountable to each other

You can't join in HOLY matrimony a couple in fornication until a clear repentance is pursued. Anything else is un-holy

So the Pastor has become God the judge. And it is his call to cancel a wedding in God's church just because the couples practiced pre marital sexx one time or another. Jesus should have crucified the adulterous woman then, shebi she was caught in the very act. But what did Jesus do?
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by gst101: 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
Rehil: Pls i will like to know the Pastor,he deserves an award.He didn't cancell the wedding but postpone it i guess to make sure that the lady is not pregnant.i am speaking from the pastoral angel plsss.Your friend should go back for further talks with the pastor
if she isnt pregnant, then there is no problem, is that what you are saying?

I wonder what kind of christians the churches are producing today! Question: what should be forbiden, the innocent baby dev in the womb or premarital sex? By your post, as far as there is no baby, marriage should continue. This is absolutely wrong!

For me, the pastor should have organized a retreat for them and go on ahead with the wedding. He is not in the place of God and cant condemn them.

They should learn from the catholic church on matters like this.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by WMD(m): 3:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
Acidosis:

NO it doesn't prevent them from getting married..

But it calls for prompt disciplinary actions so long she wants to be joined in the church.

And if disallowing them from getting married in the Church would save the fragile souls who are reading the lives of this couple and the souls waiting to be saved to JESUS.. SO BE IT.

Imagine what people would say to the innocent man next time he carries his bible to preach about fornication and adultery...

I don't blame the man of God, what I blame is your sense of reasoning..

Pls don't quote me again or refer to my post again...

When you surrender your life to Christ, call me so we can talk..

For now, stick with your Logic and classroom tutorials..

I look s¡lly arguing with you, an atheist who do not even know the meaning of the name JESUS...

Bro, abeg no pick offence bt if i understand what christianity is then that pastor shud immediately seek God's 4giveness cos all have sinned. . . pre marital sex isnt d only sin neither is it d worst. . Christ came for us to be saved for free. spiritual leaders shud stop makin salvation very dificult for people. Why not advise them and pray they dnt engage in extra marital affairs. .abi im wan make dem go continue in sin? Too bad
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by nora544: 3:12pm On Sep 18, 2013
Christians from Nigeria want to be the best christian in the world, but sorry you are the badest christians I see.

Pastors who want to juge and but the law in her hand when it goes if a couple can marry or not because the have prematerial Sex.

The same Pastor when he get money in the church will never ask if this money was stolen before, so he get it from a thief.

The pastors have different thinking when it comes to special things, and that is not christian.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 18, 2013
Where in the Bible was it written to have a wedding in a church? Where was it written in the Bible that Jesus joined[b][/b] two couples together or the apostles? Does it mean that couples who had their wedding in a church would have a better marriage than those who had theirs outside a church?
The problem is that we have been brainwashed as africans. Why cant we have our own stlyes..even in the western world, not everyone hold their wedding in a church. As a matter of fact, i rather prefer an engagement ceremony to a church wedding. The so called blessing you need is just from God and your parents. God's blessing is very simple and you don't need a Pastor to give you no blessing. God's blessing is " He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the lord". A good wife makes a good marriage and it goes both ways too. Parents blessing is simple too..as long as your parents approve your spouse, you good.
Lets stop fooling ourselves. As a matter of fact, court marriage certificate is the only legal document that binds two people together as a married couple.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Acidosis(m): 3:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
tonididdy: sharrap...he didn't cancel the wedding.he only chose not to particpate in blessing the marriage.

you and your friend can take the wedding to some church elsewhere....the wedding continues

simple truth...

They can carry their ceremony somewhere else... maybe COZA ministry.

I know over 100 Pastors would not join hands in joining this kind of marriage without disciplinary actions..

1 Like

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by lafuria1(m): 3:17pm On Sep 18, 2013
deols: Whatever helps to uphold morality is Fine by me.

I just don't know if the Christian doctrine supports what the pastor did.

Under an Islamic law, each of them is entitled to 100 lashes of the cane. grin Not meant to be painful though and that is if they were caught in the act or came forward to say it. It is No Imam's business to snoop into other people's private affair.

Whatever is bad is simply bad and some hide behind calling others hypocrite to justify immorality. smh at them.

this is the new trend in the world

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Donmichaelz(m): 3:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
fluid26:

I disagree. The pastor is wrong on this one. Does it mean the girl would never get married? Or perhaps, he expects them to go 'delete' the embryo and return for approval? Or he is hoping for a natural occurrence to 'reset' the anomaly...a miscarriage ? Blighted ovum? Pre-emclampsia? What exactly did he advise as solution to something he identified as a problem.

He claims to be serving Jesus, but he doesn't fully understand the circumstances surrounding the birth of his Christ. Mary was pregnant before marriage [the method of conception here is irrelevant]. She was rejected by society, yet she was eventually married to Joseph. Why? It was Joseph who had the final say, not the society, not the church leaders.

What if the said girl had told the pastor that her conception was immaculate (like Mary's)? What if it was through IVF or other proven non-sex-related method? Would the pastor react differently?

I hate pastors and their ridiculously low mental capacity. Even if he lacks knowledge, he should borrow some common sense from past events and save himself this embarrassment.
See these Fool quotin scriptures,did dey tell u d girl was carrying baby jesus?stop using awkward examples to give illustations....If you sleep with a Girl b4 marriage its a Sin,I am still a virgin and proud of It,I guese you guys wount understand wat the bible ment by keeping the bed holy until marriage 95% of you have had SE.X every now and den,dats why when you see the truth you try to cover it..SMH

ITs like most of u slept wit d. W*hore. b4 u married her and dats why you are finding it hard to accept d truth...Marriage in church is ment for Virgins not W**hore(guys included nt just d ladies)
Whhore's don't want to admit d truth

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 18, 2013
kukus01:
i like it when people read and understand.....did the op mention anything about pregnancy? ur post reeks of hatred for pastors.

You are a fool. If you had read the comment I quoted, you wouldn't be asking such dumb question. If you had also read the comment following that, you'd have been better informed. Don't expect me to explain these to you as well. I am not your mother, I will not clean up after you.

Take your palpable ignominy elsewhere.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by IYANGBALI: 3:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
Acidosis:

Any Pastor that agree to join the man and the woman under 'this condition' is not a Pastor but a hungry tout who called himself into Ministry for personal gains..

The cancelled event can't be re-arranged/re-scheduled if both party seek the face of God.. (Repentance)

..also any Judge that wish to preside over the matter can as well join them in a customary court, not a Church..

Church nor be beer parlour, oga.

Well I really do not blame you.. The new generation Pastors have turned the bible up-side and down.. Nowadays, I wonder where they get their messages.. I keep wondering if they are still preaching the same word Paul, and all the Apostles died for...

May God save us all..
keep decieving yourself as if all the marriages done in churches were without pre marital sex. The guy should bone the so called church,do traditional and go to registry and continue to hammer his wife jare
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Acidosis(m): 3:22pm On Sep 18, 2013
la furia:

this is the new trend in the world

hahaahahahaha....

Don't mind them...
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by micmond: 3:22pm On Sep 18, 2013
Its wrong to call off the wedding,most of our nigerian pastors don't just understand,the bible teaches that if a man bethrode a damsel he should first take her to the elders,then the judges,after which they will go to the priest for blessings,the act of taking vows is for the judges and bride price is for the elders, the priest job is to bless them,knowing that they have meet the elders and the judges.
Re: Pastor Cancelled My Friend's Wedding Because Of Premarital Sex. by Abelbenker(m): 3:23pm On Sep 18, 2013
ogugua88:

How is that sane? So nonvirgins or those who've engaged in premarital sex should never be married?

I wonder oooo!!! Help me ask dem,did the pastor marry as a virgin?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life / David Ibiyeomie: Two Plots Of Land Not Enough For Me, My Cars, Entourage / Kemi Odukoya Shows Her Baby Bump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.