Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year (30743 Views)

NBC Bans Olamide Song, 'Don't-Stop' For Vulgar Lyrics / Phyno - Man Of The Year - Obago [video Download] / WizKid, The Game & Young Jeezy In The Studio Together (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Indifferent(m): 5:28pm On Sep 17, 2013
It is only in Nigeria that a song is banned after it has become a household song.
Wizkid's 'The matter' which contains lyrics like "... 20 man shall fall that day if you cross my lane ... Oya back to the matter open and close..." was considered explicit by NBC.
Also Phyno's Man of the year which has lyrics like "...oburu na okwero iba tee ya vaseline(if e no gree enter apply vaseline)..." was also considered explicit.
Thus, both songs were banned from Radio air play by NBC.

Nigerian Broadcasting Commission has banned Wizkid’s Back to the matter and Phyno’s Man of the year. BeatFM OAP Gbemi Olateru Olagbegi reported this when she tweeted about it. In the past the commision had banned May-D’s Soundtrack, Maye Hunta’s Ekatte, Femi Kuti’s Bang Bang Bang due their suggestive lewd lyrical content.

See Gbemi’s tweets about it below.

http://hiphopworldmagazine.com/2013/09/17/nbc-bans-wizkid-and-phynos-songs/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nbc-bans-wizkid-and-phynos-songs

1 Like

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by fernandoc(m): 5:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
thunder fire NBC...jobless pple

11 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Chazzyboy: 5:41pm On Sep 17, 2013
NBC again well after all na we we tinz
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Indifferent(m): 5:43pm On Sep 17, 2013
fernandoc: thunder fire NBC...jobless pple
See two coret song wey dem go ban. Them no even curent, after everybody don sabi the songs
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 17, 2013
Jobless FOOls!

2 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by johnwizey: 6:38pm On Sep 17, 2013
Both songs are TRASH

58 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by saddler: 6:39pm On Sep 17, 2013
NBC is seeking for attention.

4 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Gabrielsylar(m): 6:39pm On Sep 17, 2013
Both phyno and wiskid are eediots for such lyrics...meanwhile expect anothet thread where nbc denies rumor of ban...na so e dey be for NL

5 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by mrofficial(m): 6:40pm On Sep 17, 2013
Opened and closed this topic.

1 Like

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by sureteeboy(m): 6:40pm On Sep 17, 2013
This NBC don tire me. When youths are out there downloading pórn on their devices. Why ban a mere song?
BTW, NBC officials no dey watch pòrn??

6 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by lifestyle1(m): 6:41pm On Sep 17, 2013
undecided
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by naijacutee(f): 6:42pm On Sep 17, 2013
In a country where they didn't ban sleeping with underage girls? Priorities! Ban the greater evil, then the lesser.

18 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Andyblaze: 6:43pm On Sep 17, 2013
As Ph.d Holder i want to endorse the ban. Both songs offer a rather sexually volatile and bamboozling enuciation that could corrupt the minds of the young, in turn they will be of a negative attack to the society and such negativity will cause the collapse of nigeria and we will all go extinct. What fallacy did i just commit

3 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by johnwizey: 6:45pm On Sep 17, 2013
naijacutee: In a country where they didn't ban sleeping with underage girls? Priorities! Ban the greater evil, then the lesser.
U knw say konji is respecter of no one, nt evn a 7yr old girl grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 17, 2013
NBC get dirty mind,open and close I felt wizkid was talking about a door undecided

23 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Ajibel(m): 6:45pm On Sep 17, 2013
Oya baby oya yo idi cheesy

3 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Monimatic(m): 6:45pm On Sep 17, 2013
Oya back to the matter

1 Like

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by crackhaus: 6:46pm On Sep 17, 2013
After the meeting was called, they sat down to deliberate and someone suggested they just ban the song so Nigeria will be a better place for youths. Meanwhile the board forgot to mention that the song is already on the internet, and on mobile devices.
Kudos NBC, you people definitely know how to do your job...Kudos

17 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by nerodenero: 6:46pm On Sep 17, 2013
Most Nigerians are hypocrite and NBC is not any different.

1 Like

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 17, 2013
altho im not really a fan of both songs...

nbc is very stup|d....

banning a song tht is already mastered by half of the Nigerians??

2 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by SlimShawty(f): 6:47pm On Sep 17, 2013
johnwizey: Both songs are TRASH

@ least they're making money...what have u achieved in ur life?
Sing ur own,make we see u

10 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by homesteady(m): 6:47pm On Sep 17, 2013
I think they should be fining them for explicit lyrics! The banning of songs is kinda inefficient! cheesy
This is my 2000 post on NL! This calls for a celebration of life well spent! gringrin

12 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by kachi6969(m): 6:48pm On Sep 17, 2013
na their matter be that, me ah go dey play the song anytime i feel like

1 Like

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Lilaex: 6:48pm On Sep 17, 2013
Na dia biz sungz way don rain finish

1 Like

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by drnairalov: 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2013
double sigh...i wish my great great grand father was sold into slavery...so i woudn't have to be a Nigerian...

which illiterates re heading NBC

4 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Nikapetrelli(f): 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2013
Ban or No Ban,all I know is dat OBAGO

14 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by tdbanks: 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2013
...but seriously, aren't those songs worth banning?
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by iamswizz(m): 6:50pm On Sep 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by harby: 6:50pm On Sep 17, 2013
if they ban doz musiq....wetin den won du dix calabar loni shan..i quote ''pls open puna jor jekin runmaw''...yeye people

1 Like

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 17, 2013
I actually find phyno's funny. grin

3 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Big4wig(m): 6:50pm On Sep 17, 2013
Haters

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kollington Ayinla, Salawa Abeni Back In Each Other’s Arms / RadioNow 95.3FM: Kate Henshaw Reads News On Lagos Radio Station (Video) / Songs That Made Your Favourite Nigerian Artistes Blow!!!(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.