Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,700 members, 7,805,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles (22504 Views)

FG Plans N8tn Budget For 2016 / I’ll Ban Importation Of Rice, Tomato If Elected –Buhari / FG May Ban Importation Of Generators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by Desola(f): 6:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
babyhrt: ...Desola,how can say dat abt an elderly person who isa also ur leadr.its unfortunate dat we hav U̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ type around..

It is unfortunate that I have to share this site with nitwits like you, but do you see me complaining?

3 Likes

Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by COOLDUN: 6:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
Ban, Ban, Ban, bla,bla,bla, no country bans what they don't produce, even the United States who manufacture many brands of cars never banned imported cars.

Consider how many people that are employed at the car importers’ companies, consider how many cars the local car companies produce in a year. Consider their brands.

All the European countries produce locally made cars but still import cars from other countries at affordable prices. I don't know where our governments borrow their ideologies. How many local cars manufacturing companies have the government empowered? How many government owned local car manufacturing companies?

Sometimes i agree with the people that call the president a drunk. GEJ , should face the products which we can produce locally, increase their production capacities, fund the producers adequately , before looking for another advanced products. Nigeria still need many years before we should talk of fully ban on an imported cars, unless he want to punish the importers as his political father OBJ did during his tenure.

India have many local car producing companies, eg Tata, and other ones, still they import both new and used cars from other countries. New cars are cheaper in India than Nigeria, but still they do import , now Nigeria that doesn't even produce a wheelbarrow are talking of banning imported cars. Joke of the century.

This government is really and confused one, improving of the railway links has nothing to do with the importation of cars. Even the countries with best rail networks still import cars from outside.

GEJ, your government should first of all ban the importation of refined Fuel, Private Jets, Education, imported economical/political ideologies, religions, importation of foreign treatments, military hardware. Etc.

With these mentioned items being produced locally, Nigeria economy will shoot up within few weeks. Look at the most reasonable items and stop behaving like an anti masses president.

I support the patronization of the local companies but not the monopolized companies, like Dangote and co. Let us patronize the products we can produce locally and not otherwise.

10 Likes

Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by Tolexander: 6:26pm On Sep 17, 2013
They should start changing their official cars now to locally manufactured cars to convince us to patronise.
Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by skyfall: 6:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
Idiotas! Even almighty Germany imports foreign cars.

2 Likes

Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by richybanky(m): 6:29pm On Sep 17, 2013
Desola: Oloun ma je!

Put my life in the hands of ibo made cars?

Jonathan ko de ni ragba fun e!

Seconded
Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by ujoinme: 6:32pm On Sep 17, 2013
FG should stick to what they have control over. How will the block cars from coming in through our notoriously porous borders? All i see is another opportunity for the FG to lose revenue accruing to Nigeria through legal duties and taxes on the imported cars and enriching smugglers who will bring the cars into the country despite the ban.

Me says this is a half thought out plan by FG. please scrap the plan. If the govt want to encourage local productions there are better avenues to do it ie grant tax breaks for local assembly/manufacturers, grant rebates to nigerians who by locally assembled/manufactured cars and come up with PPP plans that will make nigeria attractive for car assembly/manufacturing and not outright ban.

1 Like

Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by uken73(m): 6:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
Na wao.
Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by Wittywizard(m): 6:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
Desola:

May you parents run your life the way Jonathan runs Nigeria.
desola ... Desola... Desola... How many times i call u... What are u doin on nairaland... I taught its 4elders...
Your mate are in d kitchen, y not go & join them... Jonathan neva run d country any how...
WHEN ELDERS ARE DISCUSSING U BETA SHARRRAP & KIP STILL unless wen it occur again i wil call ön d gods to devour u & ur acrid family
Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by viruz007(m): 6:36pm On Sep 17, 2013
this dudes are not serious... make power available 24/7 before thinking this. Which serious manufacturer will wanna produce here in Nigeria when power is poor and run at a loss? joke of the year... undecided
Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 17, 2013
Expansion of the smuggling and corruption industry continues!

This policy will achieve nothing but enrich customs officials!
Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by Gbawe: 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2013
CFCfan:

Exactly. The FG can set a quota on the number of imported vehicles into the country, and patronize the locally-made vehicles. In addition, the likes of INNOSON should embark on a massive publicity campaign to advertise their products.

The Government can/should only set a quota if realistic,tangible and serious vehicle production plans are in place that will bridge the demand gap seamlessly if importation is reduced compulsorily. I doubt, given what obtains currently, domestic production can satisfy all aspects of demand (quantity, quality, affordability, choice et al) for a long, long time. A ban on vehicle importation is, in real term, not feasible or even required.
Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by olatiler(m): 6:39pm On Sep 17, 2013
Desola: Oloun ma je!

Put my life in the hands of ibo made cars?

Jonathan ko de ni ragba fun e!
Pls ignore any idi*t that Quote u on this and face ur life cos u have say the real truth, till they (Government) make use of this as their official use from Local Government Level to Federal Government Level then we are gonna seconded Mcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

1 Like

Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by 1MCN: 6:46pm On Sep 17, 2013
youngmonie: such a useless idea thta would never see the lite of day, You know how many businesses are involved in car dealership esp that of foreign made cars?...you know how many people d sector emplys?......That mean gej would get rid of all those SLS and CLS that ferry him and other government officials. If all this 9ja made cars with "Chinese technology" are that good, the Nigerian market is big enough they can compete without the need for suc actions by the government................If they that good, how come we dnt see them in dealership everywhere.....even Coscharis wont put those things on showcase.

however not withstanding still think its a really good business idea but they need to focus more comutter transport buses, Nigeria still has a lot of challenges in they can make loads of money from that sector by suplyin busses and all, but as for your everyday private car.....errmmm doubt it

Believe me, brother, most of our car importers have enough money to open up at least an assembling plant. Coscharis can in fact open a manufacturing plant. But you what, they wouldn't cos it's easier to buy and sale cars, the risks are far less. But our society suffers. Nigerians like quick-fix too much. Do you think Orient refinery in Anambra would be so serious, or that Dangote would have taken up such a huge risk of putting up a refinery if not that it's become obvious that fuel subsidy is at the departure lounge in our country? They know that if by any means GEJ returns in 2015, he must fully deregulate the downstream sector of oil before 2019.
Even if a car importer can not open a car manufacturing plant, he can at least go into spare parts manufacturing.

Another gain that this will bring is in the education sector. Industries will begin to sponsor academic researches in schools as is obtainable in other advanced economies of the world.

2 Likes

Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 17, 2013
Nigeria will not legislate her way to industrialization when we cant even fix constant electricity supply

Another self defeating policy divorced from reality

We have practically created an economy in Cotonou just because of our bone headed trade policy. And guess what? the money made in Cotonou goes into the purse of the Republic of Benin

1 Like

Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by Osama10(m): 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2013
Its a plan we all know would never work.
Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by ziccoit: 6:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
Mr clueless is at it again. Patronising locally made cars which are going to be very expensive. What is going to become of those who don't have access to steal public money like himself? How are they going to afford cars averaging 3million naira?
How does he want people to do this upon 18thousand naira minimum wage. He is a joker without any favourable policy for the poor and downtrodden. Shame on the government for the riches and priveledge few in our society.
Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by Desola(f): 6:59pm On Sep 17, 2013
Wittywizard:
desola ... Desola... Desola... How many times i call u... What are u doin on nairaland... I taught its 4elders...
Your mate are in d kitchen, y not go & join them... Jonathan neva run d country any how...
WHEN ELDERS ARE DISCUSSING U BETA SHARRRAP & KIP STILL unless wen it occur again i wil call ön d gods to devour u & ur acrid family

Akuri! Your gods are in my kitchen cooking up the next concoction to devour more than 3 million of you nomads as we speak!

4 Likes

Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 17, 2013
1MCN:

Believe me, brother, most of our car importers have enough money to open up at least an assembling plant. Coscharis can in fact open a manufacturing plant. But you what, they wouldn't cos it's easier to buy and sale cars, the risks are far less. But our society suffers. Nigerians like quick-fix too much. Do you think Orient refinery in Anambra would be so serious, or that Dangote would have taken up such a huge risk of putting up a refinery if not that it's become obvious that fuel subsidy is at the departure lounge in our country? They know that if by any means GEJ returns in 2015, he must fully deregulate the downstream sector of oil before 2019.
Even if a car importer can not open a car manufacturing plant, he can at least go into spare parts manufacturing.

Another gain that this will bring is in the education sector. Industries will begin to sponsor academic researches in schools as is obtainable in other advanced economies of the world.

Seriously if you can believe anything that is being said by the Nigerian Government, then you can believe the Devil, because our Government are worst than destiny killers, now they have hyped the Public with this cheap propaganda, and here you are talking about the educational system being sponsored to attain good research whatever, may i ask you which Educational system you are talking about, is it the one we have right now or is there another...? And again, foreign expatriate will be the ones to run such plants whether you like it or not

with the way this country is going, do not expect any Economic importance in such baseless news that are being spread by these faceless government, they are out to Rapeeee this country of her resources, Until we all as Nigerians learn how to get our own out of it, i am still yet to be convinced that we have been freed from slavery.

I dont see how a Government wants changes when they are actually practicing the opposite, Which foreign company wants to brings her Business into a War/Kidnapping Zone...? really, where are the needed Amenities that will help these plants, or is it because Dangote is progressing in his own business, is that why you think others can? (Dangote has no choice being an home investor) when there are no major/basic infrastructural amenities...that will aid such industries, abeg park well make i see front Jaree
Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by karlmax2: 7:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
Desola:

May you parents run your life the way Jonathan runs Nigeria.
i say amen. And may ur parent run your life the way our past presidents ran nigeria before jonathan took over.

10 Likes

Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by psucc(m): 7:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
I no belef.
Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by ayobase(m): 7:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
This is what they call "oro pa esi je o, oro di hun"

One of the Dramas in Nigeria!
Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by slimfit1(m): 7:37pm On Sep 17, 2013
Thank god he is a yoruba man If he was hausa he would just be going to office to donate money as national cake.
Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by Asoozy: 7:39pm On Sep 17, 2013
karl max: i say amen. And may ur parent run your life the way our past presidents ran nigeria before jonathan took over.

May that amen stick and continue to be your portion from generation to generation. As for the later part of your sentence, may it be so for not only your kinfolks but for all those remotely related or acquainted to you.

6 Likes

Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by Desola(f): 7:42pm On Sep 17, 2013
karl max: i say amen. And may ur parent run your life the way our past presidents ran nigeria before jonathan took over.

Were asaba!

4 Likes

Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by Clemzy16(m): 7:46pm On Sep 17, 2013
nerodenero: FG is a joke!!!
seconded!

The likes of Basket Mouth, Ali Baba, Ay, I GO DYE should not be comedians in the first place; why should they be when we have politicians.

Again i'm saying Nigeria is a JOKE, while our so-called LEADERS are comedians.

1 Like

Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by ichidodo: 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
It is good development; Foreign currency will be saved,Industries will be stimulated and Massive employment opportunities for everyone.Fresh Air.
Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by Exponental(m): 8:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
Haaaaaaa!
Which is more original: Ibo made or china made?
Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 17, 2013
Great move. Meaning thst Toyota, Honda, Mercedes, etc will partner up with local companies like Innoson to manufacture vehiles here.

West has been jeopardizing our Ajaokuta Steel industry cos they didn't want this moment to come.

FRESH AIR!

2 Likes

Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by BenBradley(m): 8:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
This our jona is the most confused ever
Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 17, 2013
So that we should now be using INNOSON i forbid that vehicle!
Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by Horus(m): 8:17pm On Sep 17, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZPurDaWLVw

[size=15pt]Made in Nigeria new waste trucks[/size]
Re: FG Plans To Ban Importation Of Vehicles by miqos02(m): 8:22pm On Sep 17, 2013
story story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lawan Swears-In Abiru, Dickson, Two Other Senators / Anambra Government Celebrates Ojukwu's 84th Posthumous Birthday (Video) / Ortom To Buhari: Count Benue Out Of Grazing Reserves Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.