Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt (12354 Views)

Horrific! Isis Forces Prisoner To Dig Grave Before Beheading Him(photos) / Truck Carrying Human Head In Adamawa Intercepted By Police / 13 Students Infected With HIV As Teacher ‘practicalises’ Biology In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by Tolexander: 5:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
Irate inmates in a prison in Numan, Adamawa State on Monday staged demonstrations against prison officials over the death of an inmate who was brutally beaten by warders.

Armed soldiers were drafted to the prison for fear that the protest by inmates could spill over into uncontrollable violence, SaharaReporters learned from a prison source as well as a security official. One of the sources disclosed that numerous inmates suffered injuries in the cause of their revolt. He added that prison officials were yet to determine if any inmates escaped in the course of the commotion.

A prison source told our reporter that some warders caught a prisoner who was attempting to escape from jail on Sunday. “He was trying to climb the fence and run away when they saw him,” said the source. He added: “They beat him mercilessly and he died.”

Our source revealed that the inmate must have sustained serious internal injuries that affected some vital organs in his body. Our correspondent learnt that the injured prisoner was not seen by a doctor and had received no medication prior to his death in the early hours of Monday. As news of his death spread within the prison, hundreds of furious inmates began to chant insulting and defiant songs at prison officials. SaharaReporters learnt that the protesting inmates then attacked a prison official who was rushed to hospital for treatment. The inmates’ action triggered the deployment of soldiers to the prison to prevent any escalation of violence.

orisun
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by swaggzo(m): 9:13pm On Sep 17, 2013
Damn..
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by homesteady(m): 9:29pm On Sep 17, 2013
Na wa oh!
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by lertee(f): 3:52pm On Sep 18, 2013
This is a serious matter o.
Violence everywhere
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by ogagusps3: 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2013
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by tolextony(m): 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2013
angry
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by seedord247(m): 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2013
Nigeriaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sad

5 Likes

Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by ITbomb(m): 5:05pm On Sep 18, 2013
What is happening ?
Northern students fight southern students
Boko Haram fight army
PDP Reps fight nPDP Reps
Police fight Ombaste
Now Prisoners dey fight Warders
Even my ex threaten to cut me into pieces cos she heard a girl visited me in my office.
Next Stop. India
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by RayMcBlue(m): 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2013
The story reminded me of a certain prison riot in Prison Break Season one.

3 Likes

Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by mancheeutd(m): 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2013
Listening to my 2pacs favourite music until the END of TIME... Such is life.

1 Like

Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by hustla(m): 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2013
Dem don dey allow them watch prison break ni?

why would you beat someone to death though? Na chicken ni??

grin grin
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2013
Singing,# elewon na warder father
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by skykenny: 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2013
the warder shld be made to face the law. he shld be charged 4 murder
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by one9jeria: 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
these officers and even the police and army does not regard human life. they should be schooled on the sacredness and respect of human life. does such things happen in civilized cities.
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by Policewoman(f): 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
PRISON is not a pleasant place.
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by pendusky(m): 5:12pm On Sep 18, 2013
damn!!
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by emygreat747(m): 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2013
one9jeria: these officers and even the police and army does not regard human life. they should be schooled on the sacredness and respect of human life. does such things happen in civilized cities.
lolz!!!those so called civilized societies do worse my fwend
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by abatajjvii: 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2013
the warder should be made the prisoner while the prisoner becomes the warder and let's have a replay of the film
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by femosty: 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2013
Make cool Money Online here >> http:///1427RzS
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by michealade(m): 5:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
Ray McBlue: The story reminded me of a certain prison riot in Prison Break Season one.
na season 3sona prison wey tbag take escape
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by joshuaidibia(m): 5:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
Prison Break things. Akpan Scofield has escaped.
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by joshuaidibia(m): 5:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
michealade: na season 3sona prison wey tbag take escape
ova sabi. Xori. But it happened in season one also. During whch t.bag killed a prison officer.
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 18, 2013
Mustapha Abdullahi Scoffield tries to escape cheesy

Prison break season 6
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by HenryQuest(m): 5:22pm On Sep 18, 2013
I will start by criticising our prisons. A prison should be more like a rehabilitation center and not a hardening center. It's only in Nigeria that people come out of prison only to go back few weeks later because they committed even a higher crime. Hand work and other businesses should be taught in our prisons. As for the dead inmate, well, it's a pity but the wardens should have employed stiffer punishments for him instead of beating him to death. Even a prisoner has a right to life. I rest my case.
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by williamvictor: 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
End things time
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by jaybroyal: 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
what a funny news.......... grin
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by solace8(m): 5:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
ALLU tins gone Viral even in the Prison sector...
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by ijbeauty(f): 5:33pm On Sep 18, 2013
Hmmmm, brutality of d highest form...
May d soul of d Michael scofield rest in peace.
Prison break, gez d guy omitted some blue print on his body.. (Oga warder may ur conscience be ur judge)..
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 18, 2013
this is the sign of the anti christ. I'm serious. angry
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 18, 2013
They should land any protesting prisoner a prison sentence joor
Re: Warders Beat Prisoner To Death In Adamawa Prison, Sparking Inmate Revolt by Abululu: 5:48pm On Sep 18, 2013
Haba jama'a menene wannan

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Kill Three Kidnap Suspects, Rescue Catholic Priest / Lagos Arrest 33 Club Dancers / 18+ Photo : 2 Men, 1 Woman Stripped Naked For Using “juju” To Rob In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.