Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,182 members, 7,780,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:24 AM

Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed (25354 Views)

Man Carries Crocodile On Okada In Abeokuta! See Pics! / Man Snatched By A Crocodile In Australia / Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by Stegomiah: 10:45pm On Sep 17, 2013
It sounds like the stuff of nightmares - but Guy Whittall will certainly be checking for 'monsters' underneath his bed, after waking up to find an eight foot crocodile hiding just inches from where he slept.

The 330lbs giant had sneaked into the Humani lodge, Zimbabwe and spent the entire night lying quietly, just fractions beneath an oblivious Mr Whittall.

The beast - a Nile crocodile - had managed to stay hidden for more than eight hours overnight.

The following morning Mr Whittall - a former Zimbabwean cricketer -  had even perched on the edge of his bed, with his feet dangling over the edge, just inches from the crocodile's face, as he organised his day.

But the 40-year-old remained oblivious to his uninvited guest and was only alerted when he was enjoying some breakfast in the kitchen and heard the petrified screams of a housemaid.

Mr Whittall, who is a director at Humani, ran back to his room and was horrified to discover the enormous crocodile nestled under his bed.

He said: 'The really disconcerting thing about the whole episode is the fact that I was sitting on the edge of the bed that morning, bare foot and just centimetres away from the croc.

'Crocodiles are experts at hiding, that's why they have survived on Earth for so long and why they are the ultimate killers in water.
They know how to keep quiet and go unnoticed, it's in their nature.

'The crocodile came from the Turgwe River which is a couple of kilometres from the house.

'They often wander about the bush especially when it's cold and raining. I think he liked it under the bed because it was warm.'

He was forced to call in some of his co-workers who helped remove the crocodile from its new lair and release him back into Humani's Chigwidi dam.

Mr Whittall said: 'Of course he resisted being roped and hauled out from under the bed, that's only natural.

'Catching and securing a croc of any size on land though is a fairly straight forward affair and we are experienced in that.

The only real danger is getting bitten because it can't drown you.

'The most important thing is to get its snout roped and secured and then it's just a matter of restraining it and covering its eyes, to calm it down.

'Bigger crocs require more manpower obviously though. When roped they thrash around frantically and are extremely powerful.

'I just remember thinking "goodness gracious, that's one for the books".

'I'm pretty sure everyone in Humani checks under their bed before going to sleep now anyway.'

but soon the creature was released back into his natural habitat, where he happily swam away

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2423311/Man-40-finds-8ft-crocodile-hidden-bed-spent-entire-night-just-inches-slept.html
Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by Chazzyboy: 11:12pm On Sep 17, 2013
Thank God the reptile didnt kill mr whittall abi na cricketer

4 Likes

Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2013
Oh my God. The man should be happy he is still alive . . .

1 Like

Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 18, 2013
His village people are at work.

11 Likes

Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by wellmax(m): 12:52pm On Sep 18, 2013
Wonder, if na me na to teat race.
Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by etenyong(m): 12:52pm On Sep 18, 2013
I thank God for him cos he is alive to tell the story. Na God sever him. But how did the crocodile get into his house. Wounder shall never end

1 Like

Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by tolurainbow(m): 12:52pm On Sep 18, 2013
sad grin grin ;DWetyn concern us make una talk abt ASUU strike nw... ;DWetyn concern us make una talk abt ASUU strike nw...

1 Like

Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by victorazy(m): 12:55pm On Sep 18, 2013
If na black man meat don hapen

7 Likes

Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by trux(m): 12:55pm On Sep 18, 2013
kennygee: His village people are at work.
Africa magic
Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 18, 2013
Crocodile leave bush and water say na for 2 bedroom flat im wan sleep? One day, all these animals go follow us dey pay house rent!

This world is really coming to an end!! grin

22 Likes

Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by NDSMART(m): 12:56pm On Sep 18, 2013
At least this one did not happen in China.......
grin grin End time news
Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by Rosie114(f): 12:56pm On Sep 18, 2013
God have mercy... shocked

1 Like

Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by caesaraba(m): 12:56pm On Sep 18, 2013
Oboy! That`s one helluva scary thing!

1 Like

Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by Chukwutobi: 12:56pm On Sep 18, 2013
Thank God
Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by iterator25: 12:57pm On Sep 18, 2013
He Prolly wanted to watch TV.. poor thing

2 Likes

Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by ajayi147(m): 12:57pm On Sep 18, 2013
Kai
Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by damibravo(m): 12:57pm On Sep 18, 2013
Awon aye ti step up, they dont send snakes again na crocs now

9 Likes

Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by elbinmanny(m): 1:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
It was only emulating the action of the 7 new PDP governors cheesy first page tinz grin

1 Like

Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
The following morning Mr Whittall - a former
Zimbabwean cricketer - had even perched on
the edge of his bed, with his feet dangling
over the edge, just inches from the crocodile's
face,
as he organised his day.

Me: Huh!

My mind: Perhaps the God that held the lions back from attacking Daniel in the bible did it for him.

Me: Maybe. Or he wasn't hungry and in a good mood...

My mind: Flimsy assertion...

Me: Whatever. tongue Can it be friday already? sad but today's wednesday.

Yes... cheesy Champions league later in the evening... Just can't wait. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by Sagamite(m): 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2013
If it was black people, they would say it was juju and it was their enemies that turned into crocodile to kill them.

That the only thing that saved them was because of their bible next to them.

They would say their evidence is that "this is just too weird. The devil surely must have a hand in it and Jesus was the one that saved them".

Ridiculous illiterates!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by Lilimax(f): 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2013
Isn't it a miracle? smiley
Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 18, 2013
IT WAS PROBABLY ONE OF HIS ANCESTORS COME BACK
TO SHOW SOME LOVING

1 Like

Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by 25Calibre(m): 1:04pm On Sep 18, 2013
This one is a monster, a vicious killing machine, one snap of its jaws could do serious damage.

1 Like

Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by Rexphobia(m): 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2013
And why can't it be planned.

We are talking about a man eater here o, which get time to dey snap pictures
Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by Pattey(m): 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2013
Picture this same scenario in Nigeria and come next Sunday service; you can be sure of ThanksGiving tinz. . . grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by constance500: 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2013
We don hear u... Next pls grin
Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2013
If i hear
Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sagamite: If it was black people, they would say it was juju and it was their enemies that turned into crocodile to kill them.

That the only thing that saved them was because of their bible next to them.

Ridiculous illiterates!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

YEAH
4 ONCE IM WITH U U CRETINOUS person
IF HE WAS BLACK (NIGGERIAN ) HE WILL DO A THANKSGIVIG SERVICE IN CHURCH
AND THE PASTOR WILL REBUKE THE CROC DEMON
AND ANY FUTURE ENCOUNTERS AND THE PPLE WILL SHOUT
AMEN AND THE PASTOR WILL SECRETLY SMILE @ THE RISING PILE OF MONEY
Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by Nikkyparadise(m): 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2013
Wit a police voice "d crocodile is ur frnd"......Anti christ tins wink
Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by IYANGBALI: 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2013
Na photoshop jo

1 Like

Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by caesaraba(m): 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
Nikky-paradise:
Anti christ tins wink

Hahahahahha. Una don start new one abi? Remix.

1 Like

Re: Man Finds A Crocodile Hidden Under His Bed by redsun(m): 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
berem: Crocodile leave bush and water say na for 2 bedroom flat im wan sleep? One day, all these animals go follow us dey pay house rent!

This world is really coming to an end!! grin

Really? I thought u could do better than that?

Man us taking over their habitats and they tend to make do with any available space they can find. They are the victims of ferocious man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About Computer Village In Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria / Abuja Earth Tremors: FEMA Releases Official Press Statement & Safety Tips / Oshiorenoya Agabi Creates Koniku Kore, Computer That Smells Explosives, Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.