Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

2004 Corrolla S And Corrolla Le - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2004 Corrolla S And Corrolla Le (1272 Views)

Does A Toyota Corrolla 2009 Truly Exist / Why Mechanics Hate 2003-2007 Corrolla / Toyota Corrolla Verso Or Toyota Matrix? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2004 Corrolla S And Corrolla Le by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 17, 2013
My boy the previous owner of the 190e am restoring,is selling his 2001 primera hatch 4 dz. which version,should i advise him to go 4?
Re: 2004 Corrolla S And Corrolla Le by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 18, 2013
So no one has sth 2 say bout this?...
As am restoring my 190,i want him to buy a good car also,so we can shake the streetz together.
Re: 2004 Corrolla S And Corrolla Le by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 19, 2013
The Toyota corolla 2004 model was a continuation of the Toyota corolla 2003 which is now bigger than its predecessor. It is a monocoque shell (uni-body design) with a FF layout (front engine front wheel drive layout). It had a 1.8L i4 DOHC engine rated at 130HP mated to a 5speed Auto W/OD. Its alternator is 80AMPs and an Axle ratio of 3.94, its fuel tank is 13.2 gal with fuel economy of 32 MPG city and 40MPG highway, it uses a Front strut suspension, Front and rear anti-roll bar, Coil front springs for front and rear wheel, Gas-pressurized front and rear shocks, Torsion beam beam rear suspension, Rack & pinion steering with Power steering, Front disc/rear drum brakes Front vented disc brakes 15.0 " steel wheels. For safety and convenience packages, the toyota corolla 2004 came with Side impact beams, Battery warning, Low oil level warning, Lights on warning, Key warning, Low fuel warning, Door ajar warning, Service interval warning, Daytime running lights (on some models), Center high mounted stop light, Driver and passenger airbags, Front seatbelt pretensioners, Mechanical trunk/hatch/door release, Mechanical remote fuel flap release, Rear child safety door locks, 2 12V DC power outlets, Driver foot rest, Tachometer, Engine temperature gauge, In-dash clock Exterior temperature indicator, Trip odometer Tilt steering wheel Light tinted windows Rear defroster, manual aircondition and heater with cabin air filter, AM/FM stereo, seek-scan, Single in-dash mounted CD with 4 stereo speakers, Integrated roof antenna towards the rear end of the roof. It came in various trims namely CE, LE, S (sports) The corolla S had front and rear spoilers. With. Front and rear bumper skirts, side skirts. (To me it doesn't do sports because it has rear drumbrakes which I find silly and deceptive in a sport, plus it is a very bland and boring vehicle as is the case with many other toyota models).
Re: 2004 Corrolla S And Corrolla Le by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 19, 2013
Thanks.
About the Matrix of the same year 2004,apart from it being a hatchback is their any other main difference maybe in the power-train?
Re: 2004 Corrolla S And Corrolla Le by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 19, 2013
Well, toyota matrix is still same car with Pontiac vibe just a sheetmetal body design difference. Toyota matrix is still based on toyota corolla platform, it came in a choice of two engine variants namely: 1.8 L i4 1ZZ-FE corolla engine which had 130HP in 2003 but was reduced to 126HP in 2006 and 1.8L i4 2ZZ-GE toyota celica performance series engine with 180hp in 2003 and 170HP in 2005 ( NOTE: drop in power was as a result of change in power testing parametres) mated to 3 choices of transmissions namely: 4-speed automatic, 5-speed C59 manual, or a 6-speed C60 manual gear

From the technical details given above, I can conclude that it is a corolla relative sharing similar platform, engine among others.
Re: 2004 Corrolla S And Corrolla Le by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 19, 2013
Thanks.
Re: 2004 Corrolla S And Corrolla Le by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 19, 2013
Bossforeva: Thanks.
you're welcome smiley

(1) (Reply)

I Seek Knowledge On Parking / Toyota Scion 2010 - 3M Asking Price / Buy This Do It Yourself Kit And Turn Your New Volkswagen Beetle Into A Pickup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.