Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. (16155 Views)

Photos: Perfectly Healthy Baby Delivered Still Inside His Amniotic Sac / I Did Pregnancy Test And It Said Positive But The Scan Said The Sac Is Empty / Test Positive For Pregnant But Ultra Scan Says No Sac Found (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. by bobankky: 12:13am On Sep 18, 2013
Had a mild bleeding and decided to visit a sonographer.After he was tru, he told me to evacuate the pregnancy that the foetal pole isnt present but only the gestational sac. I took the result to my doctor and he said i should wait more weeks cos he d seen a similar situation that the lady eventually gave birth to an healthy child. I wld like to knw if any as been or come accross such b4 and its outcome.Thanks n stay blessed.
Re: 10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. by mamaoge: 9:52am On Sep 18, 2013
Ive never seen or heard of similar situation but I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES. Hang on, dearie, pray and trust God with whom nothing is impossible and it shall be unto you according to your faith. Peace. kiss
Re: 10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. by udoka2: 1:37pm On Sep 18, 2013
Are you still bleeding? Was the bleeding accompanied with cramps.... follow your gynea's advice, go back after two weeks. wishing you all the best!
Re: 10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
Yes, during d earlier periods of cyesis/preg, the fetal poles are not appreciated wella. It gets beta as preg advances.
Btw, wats ur last menstrual period, i mean d date?
2) are u stl bleeding?
Re: 10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. by ziga: 2:41pm On Sep 18, 2013
It is highly unusual not to pick up the fetal heart beat by ultrasound at 10 weeks. Especially worrisome is that you had early pregnancy bleeding.

Also, a transvaginal ultrasound will provide the best view for your pregnancy because it is early. If you had a transabdominal ultrasound, it might explain why the sonographer couldn't see much.

Another option will be for you to get Beta HCG measurements serially. It is a hormone produced by the placenta of a viable pregnancy. If the levels are dropping, then most likely, you had a miscarriage, but if it continues to rise normally, then your baby should be fine.

However, if you truthfully have a non-viable pregnancy, waiting is not a bad option, as usually, the body will attempt to expel a miscarriage.

You need close monitoring while you wait. Complications of a missed miscarriage include sepsis, DIC and these are life threatening if not diagnosed early.
Re: 10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 18, 2013
@ Ziga, its tym n capital intensive to do serial hCG monitoring.
The transvaginal ultrasound u suggested is beta
Re: 10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. by ziga: 3:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
ngozievergreen: @ Ziga, its tym n capital intensive to do serial hCG monitoring.
The transvaginal ultrasound u suggested is beta

I know it is. And true, a better ultrasound might be cheaper. Bottom line is that the sooner she gets an answer, the better.

However, a usual trend in Nigeria is to put expenses before the value of human life.

A lot of deaths in Nigeria are preventable if only we did a little bit more.
Re: 10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. by bobankky: 6:03pm On Sep 18, 2013
ngozievergreen: Yes, during d earlier periods of cyesis/preg, the fetal poles are not appreciated wella. It gets beta as preg advances.
Btw, wats ur last menstrual period, i mean d date?
2) are u stl bleeding?
Yes am still bleeding but the blood is kinda dark not really red and not the thick cloting.all night my right leg cramp and had abdominal pain.my last period was in June,28 precisely.
Re: 10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 18, 2013
Its probably an incomplete miscarriage.
Tell ur gynaecologist abt these added symptoms : abd pain n right leg cramp.
He wl knw wat to do from there.
And of course, a repeat ultrasound wl be done as requested by him to confirm d diagnosis and fetal viability.
Not to worry so much, early trimester abortions are usually due to chromosomal abnormalities.
Its nature's way of expelling abnormal children.
I tell ya, its beta u have a miscarriage now and have normal children than giving birth to an abnormal child, who will most likely be born still birth or with low survival.
Re: 10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 18, 2013
ziga:

I know it is. And true, a better ultrasound might be cheaper. Bottom line is that the sooner she gets an answer, the better.

However, a usual trend in Nigeria is to put expenses before the value of human life.

A lot of deaths in Nigeria are preventable if only we did a little bit more.

dis ur signature na die
Re: 10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. by TSpayne: 8:19am On Sep 19, 2013
Has your doctor ruled out Molar pregnancy ?
Re: 10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. by udoka2: 11:43am On Sep 19, 2013
T-Spayne:

its likely incomplete miscarriage as one poster said above, than MOLAR.
Re: 10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. by bobankky: 10:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
udoka2:

its likely incomplete miscarriage as one poster said above, than MOLAR.
doubt if i shld stil wait cos d bleeding hasnt stopped since 3 days.although no thick clotting bt severe pain on my right leg all night and abdominal pain.Thank you to all of You for ur wonderful contributions,i will av to evacuate it tmr.PEACE.....
Re: 10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. by bobankky: 10:29pm On Sep 19, 2013
T-Spayne:
pls can u explain what u mean by molar? if its d teeth,yes i av pain in d mouth...smiles...
Re: 10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. by TSpayne: 9:44am On Sep 20, 2013
bobankky: doubt if i shld stil wait cos d bleeding hasnt stopped since 3 days.although no thick clotting bt severe pain on my right leg all night and abdominal pain.Thank you to all of You for ur wonderful contributions,i will av to evacuate it tmr.PEACE.....

Evacuation is definitely the way to go here. You can prepare yourself for the next pregnancy, rather than expecting some miracle. Something must have gone wrong, likely a chromosome glitch as mentioned above. The question I'm curious about is what kind ?

Anyway wish you better luck in the future.
Re: 10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. by TSpayne: 10:10am On Sep 20, 2013
bobankky: pls can u explain what u mean by molar? if its d teeth,yes i av pain in d mouth...smiles...

Its completely gynecological and nothing to do with dentistry.
Hydatidiform mole occurs when an egg devoid of genetic material is fertilised by a spermatozoa. It can also occur when 2 sperm fertilise an egg.

If you've ever seen pictures of female reproductive organs e.g ovaries with teeth in them, that is a teratoma , its benign and a completely different condition all together.
Re: 10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. by bobankky: 10:38am On Sep 24, 2013
Am grateful to all of you.Just to inform you that i eventually evacuated the pregnancy.Thanks and God bless.
Re: 10 Weeks U/S. No Heartbeat, No Foetal Pole Only Gestational Sac. by mamaoge: 3:44pm On Sep 24, 2013
@OP, it is well with you. God will give you your own that will stay and not bring your sorrow. Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Black Women Five Times More Likely To Die During Childbirth / Watching TV Shortens Life Span / COVID-19 Update For January 4 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.