Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers (18293 Views)

Transformation Of Singapore From Swampland To Skyscrapers (pictures) / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? / First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by mailtimi(m): 5:48am On Sep 18, 2013
Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola, on Tuesday told a visiting delegation of French businessmen led by Minister of Foreign Trade for France, Mrs. Nicole Bricq of his government's resolve to combat the housing problems Lagosians experience.

Outlining his plans to the French delegation , Gov. Fashola said “not less than 1, 200 high-rise buildings will be erected in the ongoing Eko Atlantic City.”

”That is the future that we seek for Lagos state. It will be a place that will be bursting with activities,” he added.

Also, during the courtesy visit Fashola said that the reclaiming of the 10, 000, 000 square meters, to build the Eko Atlantic City, was a battle between man and nature. It will be recalled that the state has reclaimed 50 percent of the land required for the construction of the city. The city is expected to provide accommodation for 250, 000 people and become the workplace for a further 150,000.

According to him, The governor said “The protection work hasn’t reached its preferred destination. As we progress, we will protect our shoreline. We see clear evidence that the success of the technology where it has been restored.”

He however said that the state government has commenced the payment of compensation to the owners of the land acquired for the construction of the 16, 000 hectare Lekki Free Trade Zone project.

While speaking, France Minister of Foreign Trade for France, Mrs. Nicole Bricq, expressed her country’s readiness to strengthen the level of bilateral trade and agreement with the Lagos State government.
http://odili.net/news/source/2013/sep/18/304.html
http://naijalog.com/lagos-set-to-build-1200-skyscrapers/
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by UyiIredia(m): 5:56am On Sep 18, 2013
Okay. I'm all for it if it provides for the poor or middle-class. Otherwise I should complain this gives some credence to the claim that Fashola runs an elitist government.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by PaulJohn1: 6:02am On Sep 18, 2013
At least we 'll have one downtown in Nigeria. Very good

Eko oni baje

7 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 6:03am On Sep 18, 2013
[size=15pt]all dis olodo bloggers sef, SMH.[/size]
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Danhumprey: 6:24am On Sep 18, 2013

25 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Rossikk(m): 6:27am On Sep 18, 2013
Paul John: At least we 'll have one downtown in Nigeria. Very good

Eko oni baje

Lagos Island IS ''downtown''. What are you talking about?

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by PaulJohn1: 6:43am On Sep 18, 2013
Rossikk:

Lagos Island IS ''downtown''. What are you talking about?

How many skyscrapers do we have on Island? Not to talk of cluster of them.

The proposed 1200 is what I call a downtown when completed, not the very few and scattered ones on Island.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by pomporiking: 7:34am On Sep 18, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Okay. I'm all for it if it provides for the poor or middle-class. Otherwise I should complain this gives some credence to the claim that Fashola runs an elitist government.

If I hear sey poor people near dah place,dem go still share am among themselves
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by UyiIredia(m): 7:51am On Sep 18, 2013
pompori king:

If I hear sey poor people near dah place,dem go still share am among themselves

Make dem share tire. Afta all dem suffer suffer dem fit enjoy small.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Ajibel(m): 8:15am On Sep 18, 2013
Eko-atlantic city wasnt built for the poor buh the upper middle class and elites iThink. You dont expect those iya olojas, meruwas and artisans to inhabit there And what stops the poor from striving to be wealthy I've never understood what people mean by anti-poor embarassed

8 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by geeez: 8:21am On Sep 18, 2013
I really can't wait for the Eko Atlantic city

It's the real breath of fresh air

At least there is visible development around us and we see where all the tax money is going on roads, transportation, security, health, education etc

8 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Abagworo(m): 8:55am On Sep 18, 2013
Paul John:

How many skyscrapers do we have on Island? Not to talk of cluster of them.

The proposed 1200 is what I call a downtown when completed, not the very few and scattered ones on Island.

I believe Island is a downtown of international standard. Maybe a small one.

4 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by malc619(m): 8:58am On Sep 18, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Okay. I'm all for it if it provides for the poor or middle-class. Otherwise I should complain this gives some credence to the claim that Fashola runs an elitist government.

The 150,000 people who are going to get employment are all going to be Politicians, Captains of industries and their cronies...... Right??

I wonder how some of you think....

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Chiscomax(m): 9:21am On Sep 19, 2013
know someone will soon say "click like ".. hmmm.. let us stop this right now. press the LIKE botton so hard so that it dies and no one would be able to tell us to click like again.

let us start now!! click the like botton very hard angry
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by VirginFinder: 9:22am On Sep 19, 2013
Ok
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by mascot87(m): 9:24am On Sep 19, 2013
God Almighty,please when my friends that
are doing legitimate businesses and those
that are working legitimately without
embezzlement are renting and buying
house in Ekò Atlantic in the future,may I
also be privileged to own a house their with
money I made legitimately only
cool

13 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 19, 2013
Jst build am 1st easier said dan done mtcheeeew
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 19, 2013
God bless me ASAP by any legitimate means neccesary so I can acquire one or part of these..
Or are things lik these the exclusive preserve of some people and their families?
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by skyscraperTM(m): 9:25am On Sep 19, 2013
Who is shouting my name this early morning!

Introduction, my name is sky, king of the sky, a.k.a sky_diver the sky_ridder, all the way from sky planet.

You guys should not celebration yet cause i'm yet to receive any notification from fashola concerning the erection of junior skyscrapers in my kingdom.

He ought to take permission from me else nothing of such will see the light of the day.

Signed: yours skyscraper

4 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Kairoseki77: 9:25am On Sep 19, 2013
Some mumus are celebrating 30 busses while Lagos is building 1,200 skyscrapers.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Bizibi(m): 9:26am On Sep 19, 2013
Till thn,but why making noise abt eko atlantic all the time,they should focus on building the city, u can talk abt it whn it is 60% complete bcuz we dnt want a situation were the talking is more than action
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by resdan(m): 9:26am On Sep 19, 2013

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by moscobabs(m): 9:27am On Sep 19, 2013
At the END of this project,TIME and Money would have been wasted on this THING called Eko Atlantic City.Then the Ocean would ready to take over its space back.

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by 190: 9:27am On Sep 19, 2013
how many years is this project sef

make i know how to begin save money
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 19, 2013
Big dreams but anything is possible.

However, if completed, this would end up as one of the wonders of the world.

1,200 skyscrapers is no joke.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by alaoeri: 9:28am On Sep 19, 2013
Hope these won't give some ppl heart attack.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Kairoseki77: 9:28am On Sep 19, 2013
moscobabs: At the END of this project,TIME and Money would have been wasted on this THING called Eko Atlantic City.Then the Ocean would ready to take over its space back.

Your mother wasted time and money raising you.

7 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Madawaki01(m): 9:31am On Sep 19, 2013
Chiscomax: know someone will soon say "click like ".. hmmm.. let us stop this right now. press the LIKE botton so hard so that it dies and no one would be able to tell us to click like again.

let us start now!! click the like botton very hard angry
repeat afta me,"i wil neva smoke more dan 10 wraps of igbo in my life again"

9 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers by Chiscomax(m): 9:34am On Sep 19, 2013
Madawaki01: repeat afta me,"i wil neva smoke more dan 10 wraps of igbo in my life again"

i will never smoke more dan 10wraps of igbos in my life again...

YOUR TURN

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nasir Zarummai, Sokoto Commissioner Is Dead (photos) / 236 People Buried After IDP Camp Bombing By Nigerian Jet - Official / FG Under Pressure To Legalise Homosexuality- Foreign Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.