Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Indian Lady Marries Snake - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Indian Lady Marries Snake (13054 Views)

S€X STORY: How I Slept With Anita “my Indian Maid” / Meet The Kano Lady Who Promised To Buy Car & House For Any Man Who Marries Her / Nigerian Man 28, Marries 71-year-old White Lady (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indian Lady Marries Snake by Zahymaka(m): 8:55am On Jun 04, 2006
Indian Ladies Marry Animals

On AFP, via Yahoo News I got this:

A woman who fell in love with a snake has married the reptile at a traditional Hindu wedding celebrated by 2,000 guests in India's Orissa state, reports said.

Bimbala Das wore a silk saree for the ceremony Wednesday at Atala village near the Orissa state capital Bhubaneswar.

Priests chanted mantras to seal the union, but the snake failed to come out of a nearby ant hill where it lives, the Press Trust of India (PTI) said on Friday.

A brass replica snake stood in for the hesitant groom.

"Though snakes cannot speak nor understand, we communicate in a peculiar way," Das, 30, told the agency.

"Whenever I put milk near the ant hill where the cobra lives, it always comes out to drink.

"I always get to see it every time I go near the ant hill. It has never harmed me," she added.

Villagers welcomed the wedding in the belief it would bring good fortune and laid on a feast for the big day.

Snakes and particularly the King Cobra are venerated in India as religious symbols worn by Lord Shiva, the god of destruction.

Das, from a lower caste, converted to the animal-loving vegetarian Vaishnav sect whose local elders gave her permission to marry the cobra, the world's largest venomous snake that can grow up to five metres.

"I am happy," said her mother Dyuti Bhoi, who has two other daughters and two sons to marry off.

"Bimbala was ill," Bhoi told local OTV channel. "We had no money to treat her. Then she started offering milk to the snake , she was cured. That made her fall in love."

Das has moved into a hut built close to the ant hill since the wedding.

Earlier this year, a tribal girl was married off to a dog on the outskirts of Bhubaneswar.

Since the article is short, I have quoted it in full. My source is http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060602/wl_sthasia_afp/afplifestyleindiasocietysnakemarriageoffbeat

I'm personally amused by this, and while I do no believe in attacking someone's belief's I'd like to know what you think about it.
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by eveseh(f): 9:17am On Jun 04, 2006
wowowow,never heard of this yet,sick embarassed embarassed is there no men in indian again ,nah wah oooooooooo
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by whitelexi(m): 9:21am On Jun 04, 2006
Yeah, Lil wonda they be dancing like snakes and all grin Kinda like tha dance tho, like them hips grin grin grin
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by mrmayor(m): 9:30am On Jun 04, 2006
Its sad that humans have stoop so low just to move up the social ladder i.e Indian caste system. sad

http://www.csuchico.edu/~cheinz/syllabi/asst001/spring98/india.htm

This definitely not funny angry
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by DaHitler(m): 9:43am On Jun 04, 2006
Out of all the animals she could marry, why a snake?
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by Shagari2(m): 12:04pm On Jun 04, 2006
Afeni my broda or is it sis, please o, I am slightly confused, you said 'out of all the animals', please o, which animal should she have chosen and why?
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by Seun(m): 12:13pm On Jun 04, 2006
I have no problem with this. She has a husband that refused to attend her wedding. Hehe. cheesy
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by Badman888(m): 12:26pm On Jun 04, 2006
so when she is married to the snake, wat happenes from there, its even better to marry a donkey
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by dominobaby(f): 12:42pm On Jun 04, 2006
*mops at thread*
i'm 'flabberwhelmed and overgasted'
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by IAH(f): 12:43pm On Jun 04, 2006
What a queer world! Please how is the snake going to fxxk her? Then she will give birth to a snake with human head. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by Badman888(m): 12:45pm On Jun 04, 2006
they can adopt a child
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by 2cantango(f): 12:53pm On Jun 04, 2006
Next it'll be women marrying horses because they've got big lipsrsealed

Men will marry sheep, goats or whatever lipsrsealed

It was bound to happen.
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by Seun(m): 1:11pm On Jun 04, 2006
IAH:
Please how is the snake going to fxxk her?
Marriage is not all about sex. It's about love. So please let's respect the marriage institution!
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by 2cantango(f): 1:15pm On Jun 04, 2006
Lmao!! grin grin

I love my guinea pig, but never considered marrying him - until now tongue grin lipsrsealed
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by desiree(f): 1:41pm On Jun 04, 2006
Seun:

Marriage is not all about sex. It's about love. So please let's respect the marriage institution!

grin grin grin OH my days!!!!! are you being serious!!! marriage institution my a%SS.
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by Zahymaka(m): 4:38pm On Jun 04, 2006
2cantango:

Next it'll be women marrying horses because they've got big lipsrsealed

Men will marry sheep, goats or whatever lipsrsealed

It was bound to happen.

Hello 2c I'm quoting the last line of the article:

Zahymaka:

Earlier this year, a tribal girl was married off to a dog on the outskirts of Bhubaneswar.
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by 2cantango(f): 4:42pm On Jun 04, 2006
Hi Zah cheesy

Yeah I read it hun lipsrsealed

Like I said, it was bound to happen.

The human race is just becoming more and more feral as morals are thrown away embarassed
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by Zahymaka(m): 4:57pm On Jun 04, 2006
The Indian society is highly partriachal. It's only the ladies getting married off. Sacred or no sacred, I'm sure the men wouldn't want to be consigned with a snake or a dog for the rest of their lives. Good ol' men.
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by 2cantango(f): 5:02pm On Jun 04, 2006
I guess it says a lot about the men if the women would prefer to marry snakes or dogs tongue

Males and females have been having sex with animals for years, I guess slowly we'll see that the number of people committing to marry animals will rise.

It's the same as when my Mum was a child, same sex marriages were never heard of - I'm affraid for my angels future. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by BigShishi(m): 6:07pm On Jun 04, 2006
SHE SHOULA MARRIED MY SNAKE!!! grin grin grin, it lives in my bushes, only comes out when it wanna spit out venom or sees a fleshy prey!! grin grin
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by funmise(f): 8:33pm On Jun 04, 2006
That is serious.I cant believe it, things r really happening
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by retro(f): 8:39pm On Jun 04, 2006
BULLSHIT. What kind of a world are we living in.
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by mukina2: 9:07pm On Jun 04, 2006
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked strange tastes lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by perculiarrose(f): 9:25pm On Jun 04, 2006
why on earth would anyone want to marry an animal, let alone a snake, what next "Elderly woman marries an ant?" shocked
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2006
perculiarrose:

why on earth would anyone want to marry an animal, let alone a snake, what next "Elderly woman marries an ant?" shocked

Do you people know about The indian Religions Hinduism and Sikhism?
Well in my communtiy there is a fare number of indians so i know that they believe in Re-incarnation,

One of the most precious forms you can take is a snake, it is not a bad thing, your soul never dies, it just moves from one life form to another
I think in my next life i would want to be a Eagle so i could swore to anyware yippeee
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by ciaragirl(f): 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2006
wowowo that's sick lipsrsealed
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:37pm On Jun 04, 2006
It is confirmed Many Nigerians have no respect for other Religions even, Eachothers, what a shame,
Did you know that Hinduism is the oldest Religion on Earth? Just becuase it is man-made does not mean we should disrespect it, chei !
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by ldollier(f): 12:23am On Jun 05, 2006
lol, so whats the big deal here. if she marries a snake we all know what that could be (men). afterall my husband lover married a parrot (ME).
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by sade511(f): 12:58am On Jun 05, 2006
lol shishi you are too much.

Anyway wonders shall never end!!!
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by hotangel2(f): 2:49am On Jun 05, 2006
2C is crazy. Her replies just got me laughing. lol

This is something else. This kind thing i never see ooo. MARRIED TO A SNAKE (im giving the nigerian movie industry a movie name).

No seriously tho, i can tell why she married a snake. She lots all HOPE. She was 30 for God's sake. No man wanted to marry her, so she went for a snake.

She can stick the snakes tail in her ass when she needs sex. This is ridiculous!!!! shocked shocked
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by LiquidMind(m): 3:23am On Jun 05, 2006
I HEAR SNAKES ARE VERY DELICIOUS
Re: Indian Lady Marries Snake by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:24am On Jun 05, 2006
SO R DOGS lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Adventure With My Street Chicks (18+) / Is This True? Black Women Have Tight Vargina / Singles Crib>>>{married People Stay Away!!}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.