Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. (9799 Views)

Shiny Silver 2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS (slightly Used) Selling For 2.3m / Clean 2008 Hyundai Elantra - Alloy Wheels @ Www.largemanmotors..com / Just Arrive Tokunbo Hyundai Elantra For 500K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by Seanpoe(m): 3:44pm On Jun 21, 2008
I've recently decided to get myself the Hyundai Elantra, the problem is: when i went to the Hyundai shop on Ajose Adeogun, they told me I couldn't get the model i asked for till September.
Is there anyone that can get me a brand new one? It would be greatly appreciated if you can beat their offer as well.
2.295 million Naira.
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by sojioguns(m): 5:09pm On Jun 23, 2008
Elantra? Nice choice. Shey u go dey give me lift in your new car? I guess the demand is too high thats why it aint in stock. There is one car lot at the former leventis in Ikeja. THey have a couple.
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by Seanpoe(m): 9:06am On Jun 24, 2008
Thanks man, I'll go check it out,
of course I'll give you a ride.
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by pyramid777(m): 9:57am On Jun 24, 2008
HI POSTER !

I'M ALSO IN YOUR SHOES & I'VE ACTUALLY PAID IN FULL FOR THE ELANTRA FOR OVER A WEEK NOW,

I WAS INFORMED THAT THE CARS SHOULD ARRIVE BETWEEN AUGUST & SEPTEMBER.

PLEASE DOES ANYONE HAVE MORE INFO WITH REGARDS TO THE HYUNDAI ELANTRA AS PER THE FUEL ECONOMY, DURABILITY & AESTHETICS.

PLEASE REPLY !
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by Emperoh(m): 10:04am On Jun 24, 2008
that car is becoming high in demand because Nigerians are realising the tech in it
and that its not just Honda and Toyota,
I guess ur proble is that U requested one with auto drive and thats why they are out of stock
The have the manual drive mostly in circulation.

I thinks its a great car and its aesthetically beautiful
I was able to convince my cousin to change her mind and get from a Honda City

What option where u given at that price. please i do like to know?
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by pyramid777(m): 10:15am On Jun 24, 2008
THE SPECIFICATIONS ARE ATTACHED, KINDLY PERUSE & COMMENT BASED ON THE PRICE (N2.295M) & ANY PERSONAL COMMENTS,

PLEASE REPLY !

Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by EI(m): 11:15am On Jun 24, 2008
Seanpoe,

I'm surprised at the 2.295m offer for the long wait till Sept! This is familiar terrain because in April when my family had an urgent requirement to acquire a low capacity knock-about (brand new) car, I had cause to speak to most brand dealers including Hyundai.

A quote from Andy (Hyundai's national sales mgr) on 25/4/2008, gave me two offers viz:
- pay 2.295m cash and collect from limited stock, or
- pay 2.195m and wait till July (when their next batch was expected)

It is possible things have changed since then wrt stock and price. The price anyhow is currently low when compared to competing brands like Toyota (Yaris/Corolla 1.6) and Honda (City), mainly because there is/has been a promo - when the promo ends is a mystery

One thing is for sure, the 2008 Elantra model has a lot for its looks and features (alloyed rims, tape/CD, ABS, airbags. 1.6l starting capacity etc.). And the demand for Hyundai cars has apparently hit the roof; relative cost being a critical factor.

However, the reliability of its parts (compared to the more established brands) may be another issue lipsrsealed
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by Raf1(f): 3:59pm On Jul 25, 2008
Don't tell me!
M hoping to get this car, but the 2.0l AT version which goes for N2.6m in september. I really hope they'll have it in stock by then.
I hear Zenith Bank carted off quite a few to use as marketing cars
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by ssRhino: 4:15pm On Jul 25, 2008
What do people really refer to as brand new cars?
Is it a car that has 0 miles or kilometer or a car with reasonable mileage on it?
cos sometimes, i hear pple say a 2000 Model of a car and still say it is brand new
Personally, where i hear brand new, it means, i am the first person to ride it, the first owner and the mileage if more than "zero", it could only be a display car at the dealers or just cos of moving from the line of manufacturers to the truck for transportation and then, from truck to the showroom.
So please help to define wat what is a brand new cars to nigerians.
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by ssRhino: 4:21pm On Jul 25, 2008
Besides, why would u guys have to wait for so long for the cars, when you can order for them from abroad (USA and Canada) to be specific? and might even be able to get it a lil cheaper.
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by earthrealm(m): 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2008
guys.
how much is the hyundai sonata??
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by ssRhino: 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2008
earthrealm, are you looking for a brand new as well?
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by earthrealm(m): 9:32pm On Jul 25, 2008
yeah, brand new
tear rubber, 2007.2008 model
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by ssRhino: 9:58pm On Jul 25, 2008
Earthrealm, tear rubber, i heard means that you will be the one that will take off the plastic cover for the seat and all that stuff, i am laffing at the terminology sha ( tear rubber)

Anyhow, for a Sonata of 2008 model:
buying and shipped from USA you will be looking at an average of 2.1M
For buying, shipping and clearing, you will be looking at average of 2.4M.
And please note that you wont tear off the rubber, and the mileage will be around 15,000 Miles, however, i cld tell some pple to help me wrape the seats, so that you cld enjoy the fun of tearing the rubber yuorself.

For a 2007 Model:
buying and shipping will be 1.9M
buying shipping and clearing will be 2.2M
Once again, pls note that you wont be tearing no rubber of them, but wont mind to help u wrap the seats with some rubber from so much bread and you tear them off upon delivery of the car.
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by spankysid: 11:16pm On Jul 25, 2008
why wait that long to get one at the dealership.
i can get you one . but that depends on what you want. i can get you 2008 Elantra cleared for 2.0 M or you clear for 1.8 Million.
if you intrested email me at spankysid@yahoo.com
or send me a text on +1-678-485-3976 USA
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by lawyerchap(m): 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2008
spankysid:

why wait that long to get one at the dealership.
i can get you one . but that depends on what you want.  i can get you 2008 Elantra cleared for 2.0 M  or you clear for 1.8 Million.
if you intrested email me at spankysid@yahoo.com
or send me a text on +1-678-485-3976 USA

@Spankysid

Hi, i tried to call you a couple hours ago but got your voicemail. I am interested in the Elantra as well but cannot wait till it arrives at the dealerships here. Is your two million naira Elantra the 2 Liter engine? And is it brand new, as in mint? if it is, let's talk business.

Also, i need the 2008 Volkswagen GTI with DSG. Brand new. How much will this cost to land in lagos?

pyramid777:

HI POSTER !

I'M ALSO IN YOUR SHOES & I'VE ACTUALLY PAID IN FULL FOR THE ELANTRA FOR OVER A WEEK NOW,

I WAS INFORMED THAT THE CARS SHOULD ARRIVE BETWEEN AUGUST & SEPTEMBER.

PLEASE DOES ANYONE HAVE MORE INFO WITH REGARDS TO THE HYUNDAI ELANTRA AS PER THE FUEL ECONOMY, DURABILITY & AESTHETICS.

PLEASE REPLY !

@Pyramid
Check out this link for how highly rated the Elantra is. http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/new-cars/news/2007/04/top-picks-for-2007-4-07/overview/0704_top-picks-2007.htm

but your one week wait is a trifle compared to some people who paid in december and took delivery today. Hang in there, thogh. It's worth the wait.
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by spankysid: 11:48am On Jul 29, 2008
hi lawyerchap,

can you provide a number so i can reach you. i can egty you one at that price. its not going to be o miles but something around 17000 miles.
if you need tear rubber it will cost more.
send me a text so i can call you back.

thanks.
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by ssRhino: 3:36pm On Jul 29, 2008
Anyone interested in a good quality vehicle from USA and Canada, and you are sure you want quality for you money as well as rest of mind.
Mail me via rhinnoo@gmail.com
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by ssRhino: 3:49pm On Jul 29, 2008
Lawyerchap,

Leave your contact and i will get in tocu with you.
Value for your money and ability to sleep at night with both eyes closed.
Have you looked into Sonata as well? Nice ride
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by ololobi(m): 1:35am On Aug 05, 2008
angry angry Hmm, i paid for the elantra 1.6ltr, alloy rim, auto transm in mid may and up till now i've been given story upon story. Yeah the ride's cool and all but for goodness sake i think its criminal to hold on to peoples money for over three months.
i've been promised once again by(andy "sales manager"wink that i'll get mine by the 20th August latest, but, isn't that what i was told a month, sorry even two months ago.
anyone who pays now wont get it until december next year, take it from me.
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by ssRhino: 1:11pm On Aug 05, 2008
Ololobi, sorry about all your wahala oh, i hope they will give u back some change to compesate you for all your wait?
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by TheJoker1(m): 4:39pm On Aug 05, 2008
ololobi:

angry angry Hmm, i paid for the elantra 1.6ltr, alloy rim, auto transm in mid may and up till now i've been given story upon story. Yeah the ride's cool and all but for goodness sake i think its criminal to hold on to peoples money for over three months.
i've been promised once again by(andy "sales manager"wink that i'll get mine by the 20th August latest, but, isn't that what i was told a month, sorry even two months ago.
anyone who pays now wont get it until december next year, take it from me.

Guy easy,i know say e dey vex person and i understand how yu feel. Dass why i always advice folks buy from America and Europe as it comes quite cheaper and of better quality and specs relative to price, all you have do do is wait a little while which is what you elantra depositors are forced to do now while the asians do some serious tradind with yur money.
On the brighter side your car would not have to suffer the horrendous traffic lagos will be witnessing for the next two months grin

$$Rhino:

Ololobi, sorry about all your wahala oh, i hope they will give u back some change to compesate you for all your wait?

@bold
Now thats a most interesting question and i harzard a big NO as answer. sad
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by ssRhino: 6:30pm On Aug 05, 2008
Next time, better to check all avenue be4 paying such money.
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by aniffy4eva(m): 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2008
@ Elantra buyers

When i was shopping for a car sometime ago, i went to a Hyundai shop (name withheld) and spoke with one of their in-house mechanics, asking for his opinion on the Elantra. We went into the back office and he showed me a lotta Elantras that were being repaired. He said the fuel "pump" (i think , fuel somethin sha undecided, sorry im not a car buff) was quite delicate and was reacting negatively to the bad fuel that most of us buy during fuel scarcity. grin

He advised me to buy the sonata instead, I dunno if this info might help anyone. My 2 cents. smiley
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by ssRhino: 7:20pm On Aug 05, 2008
aniffy4eva:

@ Elantra buyers

When i was shopping for a car sometime ago, i went to a Hyundai shop (name withheld) and spoke with one of their in-house mechanics, asking for his opinion on the Elantra. We went into the back office and he showed me a lotta Elantras that were being repaired. He said the fuel "pump" (i think , fuel somethin sha undecided, sorry im not a car buff) was quite delicate and was reacting negatively to the bad fuel that most of us buy during fuel scarcity. grin

He advised me to buy the sonata instead, I don't know if this info might help anyone. My 2 cents. smiley

I agree with you as well, and that is what i would advice too.
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by Emperoh(m): 9:12am On Aug 06, 2008
This Elantra is quite selling big around
U need to see the whole of Lagos. It seems as if its a big Elantra show off
As dfor the fuel wahala, the good thing is that there is a recognised workshop
where you can fix it without long stories
Lets be mindful that every car has its own version of wahala and ups and downs
I would have bought the car but the loans am servicing can't contain another loan option
SO i am waiting for the next 7 months so that i can apply for a financing for it, by then my equity contribution will also be higher
Its a car i must ride. I am already imagining myself in it grin grin grin

As for Stallion Motors, this is what happens when you have a monopoly over the franchse for a particular product
imagine collecting money for nearly 3months without supplying.
E get as e be ooh. I would have gone to the press if na me ooh
How do i explain seeing other driving a car i have paid a copy for.
Thats salivating over a food you already paid for grin grin grin
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by promise72(m): 5:25pm On Aug 24, 2008
The problem might not necessarily of Stallion but Hyundai corp. I bet they would like to sell as much as they can but cant cos its not available. Not everyone will like to wait for so long.

On the other hand, they might not have cash on hand to order, hence collect peoples $$$ and then order.Cos the mauf. will like to sell as much as possible hence no reasn to delay shipment.

Anyway you look at it somebody is playing funny games. Just my 2 cents.

Does anyone know if they are available now?
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by Seanpoe(m): 11:28am On Sep 06, 2008
I'm tired of waiting so I've decided to get what i can see with my korokoro eyes, I'm picking up my Chevrolet Optra next week. Good luck to y'all still waiting for your Elantras. It's a beautiful car but no be by force,i don tire.
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by sojioguns(m): 2:35pm On Sep 06, 2008
Chevy optra? Please Seanpoe dont waste ur money. A friend of mine uses d car and told me it is bad on fuel consumption. I disbelieved him, thinking that it is made in asia, so it cudnt be that bad. We took a ride to VI from ikeja and it almost consumed a quarter of his tank. Maybe it is his own car.
Apart from that, it doesnt look good. I believe there are elantras in stock. My cousin just got his last week after paying for close to a month.
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by ssRhino: 5:59pm On Sep 06, 2008
So i guess if i bring in some hyundai Elantra 2007 and 2008 model, i shd sell easy?
What is the fav color that pple will like to get?
we cld do some buz here
cos i will be sure to beat all prices out there while we sell u value for your money.
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by ssRhino: 6:02pm On Sep 06, 2008
Seanpoe:

I'm tired of waiting so I've decided to get what i can see with my korokoro eyes, I'm picking up my Chevrolet Optra next week. Good luck to y'all still waiting for your Elantras. It's a beautiful car but no be by force,i don tire.

Wat year are you looking and tell me about ur options of choice and let us see if w can have a good one for you.
If you can tell me roughly how much you willing to spend too, we cld tailor purchase to your budget.
rhinnoo@gmail.com
Re: Looking For The Best Hyundai Elantra Deal. by Seanpoe(m): 6:14am On Sep 08, 2008
sojioguns:

Chevy optra? Please Seanpoe don't waste your money. A friend of mine uses d car and told me it is bad on fuel consumption. I disbelieved him, thinking that it is made in asia, so it cudnt be that bad. We took a ride to VI from ikeja and it almost consumed a quarter of his tank. Maybe it is his own car.
Apart from that, it doesnt look good. I believe there are elantras in stock. My cousin just got his last week after paying for close to a month.
Thanks Soji, but you must understand my frustration, I'm tired of driving my 190E and desperately in need of a car change by the end of the month at the latest.

Rhino,
Can you guarantee this? I've sent you an email, try reply ASAP.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Corporate Rental Service,Luxury sedans &SUV's,Cheap full/halfday PLans &others / 25 Tons Brand New Howo Sinotruck 371 Dump Truck 4sale. / 2003 Honda Accord ( End Of Discussion ) 1.8m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.