Stats: 3,143,481 members, 7,781,434 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:21 PM

Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? (27765 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities / Oyedepo - Covenant University Will Be Among World’s Top 10 By 2022 / Top 100 Universities And Polytechnics In Nigeria- August, 2013 Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by RedCard1(m): 12:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
Earlier this month, a list of the World's Top 100 Universities was published (anyone who can post a link to the list should do it please because I don't know how to create a link). As usual, universities in the US lead the list followed by the UK universities.

Universities in Canada, Japan, China as well as Australlian Universities all made the list. I don't think an African University had a spot on that list.....you guys should correct me if am wrong. I haven't been to the US or UK but I believe some of the Universities they listed are no longer as good as they used to be which is why Oxford didn't take take the number one spot.

Some of the schools might have been overrated. While I believe Unilag, Uniuyo, FUTO and even Unizik my dream Uni are overhyped and undersevedly glorified, I still think a Nigerian University deserves atleast a mention. Even when top African Universities are mentioned, Nigerian Universities are usually left out or placed at the bottom of the list but I don't think we are that bad.

I think it's high time they place a Nigerian Uni on the top 100 Universities list even if it would be at the bottom. I don't know what you guys think but am voting Uniben. I think they deserve an honorary mention.

Next time, we'll be talking about good and bad Nigerian school hostels.

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by adediamond07(m): 12:35pm On Sep 18, 2013
If there will be a Nigerian University on d list, first of all it'll be d first in Africa.

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Caseless: 2:17pm On Sep 18, 2013
A.B.U ZARIA

26 Likes

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Richiez(m): 2:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
Nice thread! I expect people to mention schools like; oau, UI, uniben, ABU Zaria, unilorin, unn, unilag and so on. it's really hard to pick one you know
these schools can match any other university in the world if they are properly funded

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Fynestboi: 3:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
Richiez: Nice thread! I expect people to mention schools like; oau, UI, uniben, ABU Zaria, unilorin, unn, unilag and so on. it's really hard to pick one you know
these schools can match any other university in the world if they are properly funded
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Fynestboi: 3:14pm On Sep 18, 2013
Richiez: Nice thread! I expect people to mention schools like; oau, UI, uniben, ABU Zaria, unilorin, unn, unilag and so on. it's really hard to pick one you know
abi oo but they cant be found due to their creep way of developing....
Making a 4yrs course turn out to be 5yrs nd 5 to 6 wnt make them be among the top 50 in the world....
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Fynestboi: 3:16pm On Sep 18, 2013
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Fynestboi: 3:21pm On Sep 18, 2013

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Fynestboi: 3:25pm On Sep 18, 2013

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Fynestboi: 3:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
Fynestboi: The six Nigerian Universities that appear in the top 100 are the University of Ibadan at 32nd position, University of Ilorin 34th, University of Benin 40th, Obafemi Awolowo University Ife 44th, Ahmadu Bello University Zaria 62nd and University of Jos 70th position.
No Nigeria private university or college made the list.

http://economicconfidential.net/new/financial/facts-a-figures/780-top-100-universities-in-africa-only-5-nigerian-universities-listed
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Stunner1(f): 12:42am On Sep 19, 2013
OAU no contesting

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Ayomax(m): 12:44am On Sep 19, 2013
Non!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by obibanks: 12:45am On Sep 19, 2013
Let's stop deceiving ourselves, hw can't dat happen with the rate of inconsistency I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ d school calendar. The fact Ȋ̝̊̅§ we still hav along way †φ go

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by AnOlAd: 12:46am On Sep 19, 2013
Story...

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Davo93(m): 12:47am On Sep 19, 2013
None oo... I rep GREAT Ife but the truth a lot of people don't know is that, OAU claims the best university in Naija but Students' welfare is the last of the school management's concern. So we don't even deserve the top spots in Africa let alone World #NoPrejudice

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by cardoso111(m): 12:48am On Sep 19, 2013
Ife no dulling !

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Pancho01(m): 12:50am On Sep 19, 2013
Hw can our universities b listd as one of d 100 in d wrld, when nigeria's budget 4 education is jst 8%. Strikes ere n ther, gvt refusin 2 luk in2 educatn in d country, n skuls nt wiling 2 manage their litl infrastructures.... Tel me hw can our uni b listd?

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by playcharles(m): 12:50am On Sep 19, 2013
University of unilag...Noooo, Mushood Abiola University! Click like if u think MAULAG is the best

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by babsomotde(m): 12:51am On Sep 19, 2013
all fed school
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by UyiIredia(m): 12:52am On Sep 19, 2013
'There are only two universities in the world: Covenant university and all others.'
- Bishop David Oyedepo (edited)

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by tobezekiel(f): 12:52am On Sep 19, 2013
COVENANT UNIVERSITY 1 of ten in ten.. tongue

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Nobody: 12:53am On Sep 19, 2013
honestly. Our universities are crappy and poorly funded. There is a great non-uniformity in policies too. For instance, i know of a few universities that have totally stopped using the marker and chalk board... They use star board and projectors, while others are still in the era of marker board. Some hv gone far wit the e-learning while others dont even have a well equiped ict centre. That is why we cant really point out one uni that has all the needed facilties. And hence we cnt say this one is better than the other. There should be a set standard which all universities should meet. Some r doing their best sha.

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by JOYCEOUS(f): 12:54am On Sep 19, 2013
ABU noni

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Ghadafy(m): 12:55am On Sep 19, 2013
Maybe Unilorin

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by okooloyun1(m): 12:55am On Sep 19, 2013
Unilorin

18 Likes

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Samgreguc(m): 12:59am On Sep 19, 2013
UI, UNIBEN, OAU,UNIIBADAN, ABU, UNIJOS, UNIPORT.

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Nobody: 1:03am On Sep 19, 2013
FUTO!

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by ceejayluv(m): 1:03am On Sep 19, 2013
None for now....
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by highmood(m): 1:05am On Sep 19, 2013
Why do u think Nigeria universities should be on the list of one hundred best universities? With the level of funding or the rate at which ASUU, SSANU, NASU goes on strike? Well it will be possible but govt must have to fund education properly, the school managements must utilize the funds at their disposal properly while the various associations should quit embarking on unnecessary 'political' strikes. Then, one or more of our universities will likely be among the first one hundred. Well I give it up for O.A.U ILE-IFE. because it has quality lecturers and greater number of professors, conducive and safe environment for learning, quality infrastructures as well as good lecturer-student relationship. All these even at a cheaper rate compared to many institutions in Nigeria and Africa as a whole.GREAT IFE SIMPLY GREAT, no doubt.http://www.4icu.org/topAfrica/

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Guapo(m): 1:05am On Sep 19, 2013
NONE.

Which of the universities in the top 100 should the Nigerian vasity replace? Bath Uni, with a low ranking in the UK alone would displace any Nigerian University.
Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Nobody: 1:05am On Sep 19, 2013
The first and the best cheesy cheesy

Re: Nigerian University That Deserves To Be Among World's Top 100 Universities? by Nobody: 1:07am On Sep 19, 2013
Placing a nigerian university among the top 100 universities in d world can't happen in this generation

REASONS
1)no African university is among d top 100 in d world

2)no Nigerian university is among d top 6000 in d world

3)Nigerian universities are rated low in Africa

4)no Nigerian university deserves to be among d top 500 in d world(I mean currently)

so we still av a long way to go

#dazall

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cherubim And Seraphim Church To Establish University At Omu Aran Kwara / Book On Difference Between American And African American English (Photo) / Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English?