Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,717 members, 7,805,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Father Sues ASUU Over Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Father Sues ASUU Over Strike (27469 Views)

ASUU Leaders Assault Journalists In Minna Over Strike Report / Group Sues ASUU Over Strike / FG Re-opens Talks With ASUU Over Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by Birichie(m): 2:23pm On Sep 18, 2013
There seems to be no end to the Academic Staff Union of University (ASUU) strike. Politicians, students and lecturers all seek for a reasonable solution to this difficult situation, but to no avail. Some young people who are affected by the strike support it, some have expressed their disapproval. Nigeria’s leader Goodluck Jonathan has personally ordered to find a way out of this educational-political-economic drama. Looks like the time has come for the older generation to speak up on the matter.

His patience snapped, and he sued the ASUU, as well as eight others.

Mallam Dankano Garba Ahmed, a 71-year-old pensioner from Kano State, in a suit submitted to the National Industrial Court of Nigeria laments that the ongoing strike is negatively affecting his daughter’s education.

The elderly man accuses the union of frustrating his efforts to get his daughter, Zainab Garba Ahmed, a 400 level Civil Engineering student at the Bayero

University Kano, out of school within the determined time.

He says that the strike irritates him, as he earns “less than N30,000 as pension,” and, furthermore, has other children he would wish to support financially; this, he states, depends on whether his daughter graduates successfully.

He adds that the strike is making his daughter, who is the second plaintiff, idle, disorganised and psychologically disturbed.

“Her future and that of thousand others across the country are being stagnated strategically by the ongoing strike,” he decries.

The court is asked to determine if the 21 October 2009 agreement, concluded between ASUU and the Federal Government, is valid, binding, and not illegal.

If found otherwise, the pensioner asks the court to define whether ASUU has a right to commence strike for failure or refusal of the Federal Government to implement the said agreement.

He seeks perpetual injunction restraining ASUU from continuing with the strike or taking any action whatsoever and by whatever means to enforce the said agreement or compel the Federal Government to implement it.

The case comes up today, September 18, 2013, at the Kano division of National Industrial Court.

http://www.informationng.com/?p=128100

15 Likes

Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 18, 2013
Looooool!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by kourhage: 2:41pm On Sep 18, 2013
Wow, Gran pa sanu da aiki. At least a concerned Nigeria have shown his love for the future leaders by taking a step. I only hope it will nt impede on the strides to call off d strike. God bless Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by Davo93(m): 2:52pm On Sep 18, 2013
funny but great... hope something real comes forth
Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by kennybelle: 3:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
Duff my hat for u sir! A potential father indeed!
I hope other parents would follow suit n stand up for their rights. But sir you should have sued d FG, cause we all are aware of the agreement that took place btw d duo, or is that not possible?

13 Likes

Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by Okijajuju1(m): 3:22pm On Sep 18, 2013
Yes o!!

E reach to sue!

I support the Autonomy of NIGERIAN UNIVERISTIES & the introduction of a Merit Scholarship scheme for Nigerian Students.. This system of Government & ASUU is obviously not working out.. Soon, Na only foreign & private University Students go full NYSC as No Nigerian Student would have graduated in the last 1 year.. Education is not cheap.. Allow these schools charge their own fees, pay their lecturers salaries and run the Universities.. Private companies as part of their 'Social Responsibility' should be taxed to contribute some amount to the National Scholarship fund.. Same thing as well should be done to the Civil Service. The Federal Government cant just wake up and set a minimum wage and force states to pay their workers that amount without consideration for the states allocation & IGR..

#TEAM AUTONOMY FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES...

5 Likes

Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by uken73(m): 3:22pm On Sep 18, 2013
I wish could yield positive result.

Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by Aedesmuskeeto: 3:24pm On Sep 18, 2013
this shaiit called ASUU is really making me idle...
Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 18, 2013
[size=30pt] great news[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by Soskid(m): 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
This old man is wasting his time. Nigeria is far behind the gesture by this old man. Good intention but abnormal society!!

5 Likes

Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by muzeze77: 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
Well lets see what will happen?

Front Page

1 Like

Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by esbjaygmailco(m): 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
i cant laugh alone grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, somebody should join me nau grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by Jaideyone(m): 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
I wish him the best. He sued the wrong side. He should go and sue the fg for not implementing the agreement.

6 Likes

Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
[size=40pt] i wan marry his daughters grin grin grin grin grin[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by Tolexander: 3:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
Instead of him to put together the money to finance the case and get a transfer for her daughter to a private school.
@Topic.. I feel for him.. No matter how much your wrist-wattch is; if it can't tell when ASUU strike would be called off, Pls sell it and go learn A Vocation...

3 Likes

Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by Lilimax(f): 3:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
Davo93: funny but great... hope something real comes forth
Just wished that Human right Lawyers will back this old man up undecided.
Maybe something meaningful will come out of this smiley.

3 Likes

WTF is ASSU? ??

This is the second time this week you people are spelling it wrongly angry

And the mods are repeatedly putting the news on front page without correcting the spelling.
Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by BabaAlabi: 3:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
@OP ASUU not ASSU.
Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by emperorchedda(m): 3:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
Noted
Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by babakol(m): 3:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
:Dwow! Good one.
Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by Jayses(m): 3:29pm On Sep 18, 2013
Things/nairaland of the world
Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by nnemmpi(m): 3:30pm On Sep 18, 2013
A good step
Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by mumumugu(m): 3:30pm On Sep 18, 2013
I hope he wins the case

1 Like

Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by Archmed(m): 3:30pm On Sep 18, 2013
This fight needs to be fought once and for all.The insensitivity of dis government to d masses' plight is outta this world!! People need to see reasons ASUU's way!!
Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by Davo93(m): 3:31pm On Sep 18, 2013
Lilimax:
Just wished that Human right Lawers will back this old man up undecided.
Maybe something meaningful will come out of this smiley.
Human Right? Anyway, i doubt if they will want to be part of that kind of struggle considering the fact that ASUU too is fighting for what they term as agreement and their 'right' which i'm sure HR Groups might be in support too
Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by buchito1(m): 3:31pm On Sep 18, 2013
Lmaoooooo! grin Omo grand pa! U jst dey waste ur time....! U filling suit against ASUU? U must be joking! Grand pa! Jst say dat ur grand-daugther dey spoil packaging for u, aspa she dey ouse babes no fit enta!grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by MCKULQ(m): 3:31pm On Sep 18, 2013
God bless u sir. cheesy
Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by Olamira(f): 3:31pm On Sep 18, 2013
Pls sir help me tell them that i've grown out of shape. I don't care if it's ASUU or f.g fault anymore. D shud just call it off abeg.
Re: Father Sues ASUU Over Strike by mumumugu(m): 3:33pm On Sep 18, 2013
This is what court is meant for not deliberating over pdp and election. At least,an old man knows his right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Accident Kills Students Of University of Agriculture, Makurdi (Graphics Photos) / WASCE Records Best Result In 10 Years / ABU Zaria Female Students Missing!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.