Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,485 members, 7,781,458 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:46 PM

TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" - TV/Movies (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" (117715 Views)

Bollywood Movies Chat Room~~~ / TV/Movies Quiz - The Game / TV/Movies Section Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (81) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 9:23am On Oct 18, 2014
VillageBoi:
A very Happy Birthday to Lynx & Sholay... you guys keep going from strength to strength.
Thanks CityBoi. grin

How was 'Gone Girl'?
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Xpensive02(m): 4:27pm On Oct 21, 2014
Guys I need someone to recommend a good season movies for me. Cus I think I have watched a lot and still needs more. Tnx
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Briareos(m): 4:36pm On Oct 21, 2014
Xpensive02:
Guys I need someone to recommend a good season movies for me. Cus I think I have watched a lot and still needs more. Tnx

1. House of Cards
2. Suits
3. The Good Wife
4. True Detective
5. Sacndals
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Xpensive02(m): 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2014
Hmmm. Have watched all dat... Tnx all dsame
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 8:05pm On Oct 21, 2014
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 8:56pm On Oct 22, 2014
prof800:
Looking forward to finding Fela. grin

http://findingfela.com/&sa=U&ei=_a1GVJ_1H4bTaNi-gOAE&ved=0CBoQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNEufr5zcEZUPNTu7d6wqBSsIzamRA
Oga, I sent you a mail. Pls check your box.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 8:58pm On Oct 22, 2014
sholay2011:

Oga, I sent you a mail. Pls check your box.
yes sir!
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 10:19pm On Oct 22, 2014
prof800:

yes sir!
I don reply.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Wisegeek01(m): 2:47pm On Oct 26, 2014
Xpensive02:

It all depends on the kinda movies you like, but anyway check deez out. ..

Gotham,
The Flash,
The Strain (this one's gona scare u a bit)
Outlander
Forever
Scorpion (hi-tech / genius)
Penny Dreadful (supernatural /fantasy stuff)
Resurrection
Intelligence (Hi-tech stuff)
BoJack Horseman
Star-Crossed
Believe (you'd love dis one)
The After ()
Crisis (Thiller)
True Detective

. ..If u need more let me know*

1 Like

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by AltarBoy1: 9:26am On Nov 03, 2014
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Lekan247: 12:33am On Nov 08, 2014
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Dyoungstar: 11:54am On Nov 12, 2014
Wow! Have you seen this movie trailer on YouTube?

It was produced by a nairalander and the story was one of the best stories on Nairaland literature section written also by Nairaland renowned writer Frank3.16 now Fran317.

You will be stunned at what you'll see.

This is the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bG8i8ShiUI

Check it out and remember to leave a comment to encourage our own product
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Leobreezy(m): 3:07pm On Dec 15, 2014
Please who has an idea where I can download episodes of MTV's Daria. I'd REALLY appreciate the help. Thanks
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by PrinceCasper(m): 11:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
Movie Trailer & Review – EXODUS: Gods and Kings

From acclaimed director Ridley Scott (Gladiator, Prometheus) comes the epic adventure Exodus: Gods and Kings, the story of one man’s daring courage to take on the might of an empire. Using state of the art visual effects and 3D immersion, Scott brings new life to the story of the defiant leader Moses (Christian Bale) as he rises up against the Egyptian Pharaoh Ramses (Joel Edgerton), setting 400,000 slaves on a monumental journey of escape from Egypt and its terrifying cycle of deadly plagues.

http://www.crystaldiary.com/movie-reviews/movie-review-exodus-gods-and-kings/2014/12/12/

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 24, 2014
You can now download all 17 episodes of Shuga TV series 1 - 3 via Nkemdy's Tent, start downloading now
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 2:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
Who has seen this series: 'Orphan Black'? Just finished seeing Season 1. Wow! I'm blown away, especially by the performance by Tatiana Maslany who has convincingly played about nine very different/realistic characters so far.

Acting has indeed gone to another level.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 10:38pm On Dec 26, 2014
sholay2011:
Who has seen this series: 'Orphan Black'? Just finished seeing Season 1. Wow! I'm blown away, especially by the performance by Tatiana Maslany who has convincingly played about nine very different/realistic characters so far.

Acting has indeed gone to another level.

Yup, saw it a while back... can't wait for Season 2.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 11:43pm On Dec 26, 2014
VillageBoi:

Yup, saw it a while back... can't wait for Season 2.
You've seen it too? Nice! How was it possible for that lady to play those characters, especially when they were in the same scene (from director's pov)? wink Did she have to act alone twice or what? I'm curious.

I am seeing season 2 presently. They've done a wonderful job so far, because there are so many tight corners I always find the movie to be, and it finds a way, realistic enough, to continue.

I doff my hat for the lead/supporting actress (es grin) again. She has done like five different accents or so, with various characters of unique mannerisms, voices etc. She is incredibly talented.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 12:25am On Dec 27, 2014
^^^^

I envy you guys that are able to watch tv series. cry cry cry cry

How I wish I had enough time to sit with these series. embarassed cry cry

The days seem to me to be shorter than 24 hours this season. sad
cry cry undecided
...tho I find little time but I can only afford "short films" through youtube mainly, and "others" once in a while.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 10:56am On Dec 27, 2014
^^^^^^^ Awww...sorry. sad
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 3:33pm On Dec 27, 2014
sholay2011:

You've seen it too? Nice! How was it possible for that lady to play those characters, especially when they were in the same scene (from director's pov)? wink Did she have to act alone twice or what? I'm curious.

It's actually pretty technical and time consuming. It's filmed many times using a computer controlled camera - basically character 'A' does the whole scene, then 'B' and 'C' and so on, then the motion is also filmed with no characters. The acting, the cues, hitting the marks... that girl displays some serious skills in getting that done.

Here are a few BTS clips for you to enjoy... there is a very good one I'm looking for but can't seem to find any more from months ago - EDIT - found it!

Orphan Black BTS 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNfTJCwQ6ms

Orphan Black BTS 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rALHr8gV1E

Orphan Black BTS 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE2u_N8g6cs

2 Likes

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 3:35pm On Dec 27, 2014
prof800:
^^^^

I envy you guys that are able to watch tv series. cry cry cry cry

How I wish I had enough time to sit with these series. embarassed cry cry

We actually envy YOU... there is a reason we are insomniacs... we suffer for the love of the 'art' lol
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by sholay2011(m): 4:21pm On Dec 27, 2014
@Villageboi

Wow! Wow! No be small thing. I've also read on imdb how 'hitting the marks' by an actor is crucial for playing these multiple characters.

Kudos to Tatiana. She has done a solid job so far.

Must the 'whites' be ahead of us in every damn thing?!!!! sad
I was just thinking of a script that actually spans over years in real time as at 2013 and then, 'Boyhood' was released. Bam!

Have you seen 'Boyhood' and 'Birdman' vb? I haven't seen either but both have great reviews.
Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by VillageBoi(m): 5:00pm On Dec 27, 2014
@ Sholay,

I have not seen Birdman or Boyhood but will be seeing both of them soon.

Actually not just for multiple characters... actors should hit their marks every single time or it can also throw of the focus pullers.

Well sadly yes they are and will remain ahead of us... simple truth is we refuse to use the very same brains we were given to 'solve' problems and find solutions; instead we'd rather spend the time clapping our hands and looking to the heavens for an answer... that's not going to happen. We took the religion that these same 'white' people brought to our shores and became mumu of the highest order on the planet.

1 Like

Re: TV/Movies Chat Room - "THE CINEMA GUEST LOUNGE" by prof800(m): 5:51pm On Dec 27, 2014
VillageBoi thanks for sharing those BTS up there.

...what is "hitting the mark" that you guys are talking about? sholay?
sad
....Is it similar to what we do when using multiple cams on a subject then we set markers to synchronize the action? sad undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (81) (Reply)

The New Series Empire Fan Club. / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's / Meet The Bbnaija 2021 Female Housemates (Shine Ya Eye)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.