Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,987 members, 7,806,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! - Family (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! (112321 Views)

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? / Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? / Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by bluuu: 12:57pm On Nov 19, 2013
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by bukatyne(f): 1:07pm On Nov 19, 2013
ileobatojo:

Bluu, don't be confused by this. The bolded outlines the clear difference between Buka's guy and yours for this particular problem. Buka's guy's case is one of do unto others as you want done to yourself. Her guy's lifestyle is to share his every life detail with his girl and he expects the same. Weird, but not abuse since it is reciprocal, one party does not have a significant upper hand over the other.

I can bet my bottom dollar that your guy, Bluu, does not share his every move with you. If he did, you would not be complaining about it. Your situations are not the same. Don't get sidetracked.

Ile,

Why are you on my case na? cheesy

I told her that so that she can analyze properly. No two relationship is the same but some certain signs are universal and mean the same thing

It's good people always view everything in a whole before taking decisions. My guy is more like 'hi babe, I am on my way to work; back from work; to my friend's place; to church; to market' etc. If someone heard him ask me 'where are you' without hearing where he talks would think this guy 'abuses' his girl or is too controlling.

I want people to differentiate between abuse and individual differences

2 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 19, 2013
bukatyne:

Ile,

Because what you're saying could lead a fragile, emotional, not very astute female to end up with an abuser. This girl is already more likely to end up with this guy than not. Your's and Nashville's misleading examples could well put her farther in the wrong direction. So that's why I'm quickly helping her draw the distinctions between her situation and you guys'.

bukatyne:

So do I. Bluu's case is abuse. If you put the excessive calling and interrogations together with the sex threat, the text threats when she doesn't pick up her phone, it's easy to see where this is going.

bukatyne:

Ile,

Not on your case per se. Just some differences of opinion, daz all! kiss cheesy
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 19, 2013
bukatyne:

Ile,

I told her that so that she can analyze properly. No two relationship is the same but some certain signs are universal and mean the same thing

It's good people always view everything in a whole before taking decisions. My guy is more like 'hi babe, I am on my way to work; back from work; to my friend's place; to church; to market' etc. If someone heard him ask me 'where are you' without hearing where he talks would think this guy 'abuses' his girl or is too controlling.

I am sure you got a first class in school. If you didn't then I award you one. I do not buy this idea that if a guy calls five times a day to ask where you are and what you are doing, then it is a clear sign of abuse. Lets be real, shouldn't he ask? Whenever, I call my wife my first questions are whats up, how are you and where are you in that order. And if is in a strange place, I ask what are you doing there? Please how is that abuse? And she does same to me.

There are signs the poster should watch out for, e.g. the threat of violence but I am not clear how long they have dated and how often he says this thing. All she said was ONE DAY, he told me bla, bla, bla. May be it was once, may be more than once I am not sure. For me, I think she should deny him sex the next time and even more frequently sef so that she can see the true him. She might just be scared of the guy because of age, simple. May be the guy is 35!
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by bukatyne(f): 1:33pm On Nov 19, 2013
ileobatojo:

Because what you're saying could lead a fragile, emotional, not very astute female to end up with an abuser. This girl is already more likely to end up with this guy than not. Your's and Nashville's misleading examples could well put her farther in the wrong direction. So that's why I'm quickly helping her draw the distinctions between her situation and you guys'.

So do I. Bluu's case is abuse. If you put the excessive calling and interrogations together with the sex threat, the text threats when she doesn't pick up her phone, it's easy to see where this is going.

Not on your case per se. Just some differences of opinion, daz all! kiss cheesy

That's why we have you wink

I 100% agree that there is a thin line between these things and sometimes, it's so difficult to see it.

I am sure our various posts would help her put things in perspective
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ujujoan:

You . . . check your e-mail. I sent u an email siiiiiiiiiiince angry angry

Abeg No vex. I never check that mail in forever. Oya check kiss
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by bukatyne(f): 1:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
Nashville:

I am sure you got a first class in school. If you didn't then I award you one. I do not buy this idea that if a guy calls five times a day to ask where you are and what you are doing, then it is a clear sign of abuse. Lets be real, shouldn't he ask? Whenever, I call my wife my first questions are whats up, how are you and where are you in that order. And if is in a strange place, I ask what are you doing there? Please how is that abuse? And she does same to me.

There are signs the poster should watch out for, e.g. the threat of violence but I am not clear how long they have dated and how often he says this thing. All she said was ONE DAY, he told me bla, bla, bla. May be it was once, may be more than once I am not sure. For me, I think she should deny him sex the next time and even more frequently sef so that she can see the true him. She might just be scared of the guy because of age, simple. May be the guy is 35!

By the powers vested in me, I Nashville hereby confer an honorary 1st class degree on Bukatyne!

Yeah! My Pali don increase

35? Is that the magic age? wink

I get ileobatojo's point anyways.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
bukatyne:

By the powers vested in me, I Nashville hereby confer an honorary 1st class degree on Bukatyne!

Yeah! My Pali don increase

35? Is that the magic age? wink

I get ileobatojo's point anyways.

I get her point too, but I am not sure this is a clear case of run for your life!

Datsall!
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by SisiKill1: 1:53pm On Nov 19, 2013
The use of threats to invoke fear and instill compliance is not abuse?

Hmmmmm....interesting

5 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
ileobatojo:

Bluu, don't be confused by this. The bolded outlines the clear difference between Buka's guy and yours for this particular problem. Buka's guy's case is one of do unto others as you want done to yourself. Her guy's lifestyle is to share his every life detail with his girl and he expects the same. Weird, but not abuse since it is reciprocal, one party does not have a significant upper hand over the other.

I can bet my bottom dollar that your guy, Bluu, does not share his every move with you. If he did, you would not be complaining about it. Your situations are not the same. Don't get sidetracked.

I gave you one 'like' and I wish there was a 'thumb up' sign as well.

That aside, I will also like to add that it's only insecurity that would make a man call often to enquire about his girl's whereabout or a case of one of those love-strucked teens.

I don't call my 'oyoyo' often. cheesy it does not mean I don't care but I have grown to understand that respective parties have their seperate lives and ambitions which needs to be attended to; therefore that space should be accorded to them. I could stay a week without a call or call once a week. It just depends on my state of mind or due to busy schedules.

The only thing that would make me call often is IF her phone has been switched off for too long. I would then try to find out why or what went wrong. Once that's clear, I don't ask where have you been, what have you been doing... Blah blah.. Aside that, I revert to my usual frequency.

Na when I just dey start na hin I dey do all those ye ye calling like 3 times a day. gringringringringrin LMAO @my foolishness at that time.

So, I wonder why Bluuu's man would call so often only to enquire about less than trivial issues.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2013
Sisi_Kill: The use of threats to invoke fear and instill compliance is not abuse?

Hmmmmm....interesting

that's really un-called for and he is possibly doing it so could control her like a remote and demand anything from her at will, which I do not sunscribe to.

Human rights of freedom should be respected as long as the recipient does not abuse the privilege.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Ymodulus: 2:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
2s£xy:

that's really un-called for and he is possibly doing it so could control her like a remote and demand anything from her at will, which I do not sunscribe to.

Human rights of freedom should be respected as long as the recipient does not abuse the privilege.
You said it all.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
Sisi_Kill: The use of threats to invoke fear and instill compliance is not abuse?

Hmmmmm....interesting

Sisi o!

As to Nashville saying he only said it one time, I wonder how many times one needs to threaten someone to have sex with you before it becomes unacceptable.

The reason he has only said it once is because she has fallen in line and complied! No, it is not ok for him to say it (seriously at that) just once!

As for this test Nashville has sent Bluu to go and perform, me I'm not a party to it. Even Nashville cannot assure you that your bones will still be in their natural position at the end of the test.

Again Nashville has said how he and his wife reciprocally call each other a million times a day, Bluu should try serially calling her guy and badgering him about details of where with whom, for how long, why blah blah blah and see how well received that is. So she too can quickly see that she is not on the same level. Please come back and tell Nashville how it went.

*In truth, you don't need to do anymore testing. You just need to start distancing yourself from him. Period*
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 19, 2013
2s£xy:

Who are you and where's the real 2sexy? grin tongue

Thanks!
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by bukatyne(f): 2:24pm On Nov 19, 2013
2s£xy:

That aside, I will also like to add that it's only insecurity that would make a man call often to enquire about his girl's whereabout or a case of one of those love-strucked teens.

I don't call my 'oyoyo' often. cheesy it does not mean I don't care but I have grown to understand that respective parties have their seperate lives and ambitions which needs to be attended to; therefore that space should be accorded to them. I could stay a week without a call or call once a week. It just depends on my state of mind or due to busy schedules.

The only thing that would make me call often is IF her phone has been switched off for too long. I would then try to find out why or what went wrong. Once that's clear, I don't ask where have you been, what have you been doing... Blah blah.. Aside that, I revert to my usual frequency.

Na when I just dey start na hin I dey do all those ye ye calling like 3 times a day. gringringringringrin LMAO @my foolishness at that time.

So, I wonder why Bluuu's man would call so often only to enquire about less than trivial issues.

2Sexy,

The fact that you do not see the need to call your girl 247 doesn't mean that the man is insecure or they do not live separate lives.

However, I understand that most abusers that use calls to monitor/intimidate their victims

Let us separate individual differences from abuse
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2013
ileobatojo:

Thanks!

Was wondering the same thing too! cool tongue

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by nbright: 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2013
ileobatojo:

Thanks!
He's the real 2sexy... He has like 12 ID's... 2sexy.us grin

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
nbright: He's the real 2sexy... He has like 12 ID's... 2sexy.us grin

grin grin Don't blame me. Na Oga at the top cause the varieties of handle after he gave me 10 yrs prison sentence on my real 2sexy.

As for those wondering what happened, I wonder what you me. shocked shocked shocked
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Ngokafor(f): 7:15pm On Nov 19, 2013
ileobatojo:

You hear that Bluu? He has not beat you yet. Please stay put and wait for obvious abusive traits, alright? Obvious traits like broken ribs, bleeding into the brain, coma or death, okay? I mean, what could be more obvious than these?

Why pay attention to the early signs of emotional abuse when you can just wait till some of your internal organs are ruptured?

Please wait, I'm begging you. Stay there for now.

Wow this is sarcasm at it's best...@blue i'll advice you to re-evaluate your relationship with your boyfriend....
....truth is no decent guy threatns their girlfriend/fiancee/wife like that regardless of how 'casually' he says it(na so e dey start)..
.....his behaviour is definately a red-flag which i would not ignore if i were you my dear no matter how loving he appears to be now.
....As a matter you should tell an older family member about your relationship with this guy and then take it from there...cheers.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by temi4fash(m): 8:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
ileobatojo:

You hear that Bluu? He has not beat you yet. Please stay put and wait for obvious abusive traits, alright? Obvious traits like broken ribs, bleeding into the brain, coma or death, okay? I mean, what could be more obvious than these?

Why pay attention to the early signs of emotional abuse when you can just wait till some of your internal organs are ruptured?

Please wait, I'm begging you. Stay there for now.

u dis woman abi na lady eh.....
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by kayjasper(f): 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2013
ileobatojo:

*In truth, you don't need to do anymore testing. You just need to start distancing yourself from him. Period*

Dear Ileobatojo,

I have followed your posts here on this section for a while now and I have to say I sense there is something wrong somewhere within you.
You either are a feminist who has gone fanatical about it or you have had a real bad experience with men before.
I feel hatred and anger within you towards men and it is becoming uncontrollable for u.

If a man threatens you once to slap you probably because of some thing you have said or done but didn't go ahead to do it, will you honestly call it quit?
Can you honestly tell us how you manage your relationship/marriage if you are in one?

Are you of the opinion that any man who gets angry and says words out of anger or frustration is an abuser??
Can you tell this house what your definition of abuse is? Cos it seems your definition is different from ours.
Be it as it may, can you share part of your experience with us here so we learn where you are coming from?
I do hope u read this with objectivity and give me a good reply.

PS. Loosen up woman, life is short, enjoy it while it lasts.

6 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
kay jasper:

Dear Ileobatojo,

I have followed your posts here on this section for a while now and I have to say I dense there is something wrong somewhere within you.
You either are a feminist who has gone fanatical about it or you have had a real bad experience with men before.

I feel hatred and anger within you towards men and it is becoming uncontrollable for u.

If a man threatens you once to slap you probably because of some thing you have said or done but didn't go ahead to do it, will you honestly call it quit?
Can you honestly tell us how you manage your relationship/marriage if you are in one?

Are you of the opinion that any man who gets angry and says words out of anger or frustration is an abuser??
Can you tell this house what your definition of abuse is? Cos it seems your definition is different from ours.
Be it as it may, can you share part of your experience with us here so we learn where you are coming from?

Rotfl! Who is this?

Anyway, the bolded tells me you're not insightful, that you lack objectivity and credibility. I see no reason to waste my time any further. Thanks and have a good day.

**If at any point, you would like to be educated about abuse without the assumptions and questionable conclusions about my person, I'll be happy to engage you.**

8 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by SisiKill1: 11:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
^^^^Tee hee hee cheesy cheesy

On a serious note, this why sometimes the whole "Didn't you know he was abusive before marriage?" is not applicable. You have someone who has been told if she refuses the man in her life sex, he will beat her up and people are telling her to stay after all he is has not done it yet. If tomorrow she comes and says her husband/boyfriend always beats up because she didn't lay down with legs wide open as soon as he said "let's go there" some people will say "He must have shown his abusive before marriage but because of your desperation, you ignored the signs" I tell ya, one can go stark raving mad trying to figure out what is what.

While I understand Nashville's reluctance to say "Leave him/Her" to everyone who comes here with one story or the other, I think it would have been better if he had told her how to approach her guy, to tell him that that kinda talk is scary, that even though she knows he might not mean it....she wishes he won't say things like that. Besides, why would she wanna refuse him! This hunk of a man who is all hers. Oh how he makes her hot all over...Oh la la, hubba hubba "grrrrrrooooooowls"....as opposed to telling her she should refuse the guy sex and sees what happens.

I mean that is like me...going to the zoo where there is a huge sign that says "DO NOT GO BEYOND THIS POINT, FEROCIOUS LION ON THE LOOSE" and I say "Ah, please....A lion has never bitten me before, so I'll ignore the warning and go beyond this point". Sure the warning could be a false alarm and instead of ferocious lion I am met with a gentle toothless lamb but it still doesn't make my decision to test the limits especially after a big ol' warning a sensible one now does it?!! Heck I am sure by the time people hear what I did, I would wish there had been a lion beyond that point....at least when I am dead, I won't have to see the "WTF?!! Are you Insane or just really really stupid" look on people's faces. cheesy cheesy

Yeah, the "Lemme see you do your worst" approach is NOT the best way to go in this scenario.

@ Bluuu
I've always assumed people can pal around with they person they are sleeping with (Can't imagine how one has sex with someone they can't joke with or scared to voice their opinions to....isn't the familiarity part of the intimacy that leads to sex?!! ), Anyhoo, going on that assumption, I say one day, when you guys are in a lovey dovey mode, brings this issue up....tell him you wanna ask him what he meant when he said he would beat you up if you refuse him sex. Let him know how so not right that kinda talk is and even though you can't envision a scenario where you will ever refuse him because you want him every moment of every day....he has to leave room from the unexpected. Besides, isn't the love making supposed to be better when both party wants it?! You don't hafta say it like that but just talk to him, let him understand why he can't say things like that.

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by baby124: 11:19pm On Nov 19, 2013
kay jasper:

Dear Ileobatojo,

I have followed your posts here on this section for a while now and I have to say I sense there is something wrong somewhere within you.

grin grin grin

Its scary that some people make time to follow every post of others. Na wah. The silent Nairalander/stalkers/sideliners. grin. When ever i see "i have been following your posts for some time...." i start laughing. That means they have had enough of being in the shadows. grin. Funny stuff. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 12:37am On Nov 20, 2013
Lmao @ ile atleast I am not being followed anymore by that guy Kay_kasper na guy oooo don't be deceived by the (f) next to the user id. If you are lucky he might start up a thread like this-----------> https://www.nairaland.com/1029176/jennykadry-thread for you cheesy

That illegal thread, and to think your mod @royal Roy was busy supporting an 'illegal thread'
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by RoyalRoy(m): 1:41am On Nov 20, 2013
jennykadry: Lmao @ ile atleast I am not being followed anymore by that guy Kay_kasper na guy oooo don't be deceived by the (f) next to the user id. If you are lucky he might start up a thread like this-----------> https://www.nairaland.com/1029176/jennykadry-thread for you cheesy

That illegal thread, and to think your mod @royal Roy was busy supporting an 'illegal thread'

And @royal roy had been "their mod" as far back as 2012 right?

So what if I supported him/her back then?

What's with the name calling?

Let's not derail this thread again abeg.

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 1:51am On Nov 20, 2013
ROTFLMFAO cool you did have good pre mod qualities
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by RoyalRoy(m): 2:35am On Nov 20, 2013
jennykadry: ROTFLMFAO cool you did have good pre mod qualities

grin grin

Yea I guess.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 3:47am On Nov 20, 2013
jennykadry: Lmao @ ile atleast I am not being followed anymore by that guy Kay_kasper na guy oooo don't be deceived by the (f) next to the user id. If you are lucky he might start up a thread like this-----------> https://www.nairaland.com/1029176/jennykadry-thread for you cheesy

Good lord! A chronic stalker/aproko with gender identity issues? Lmao!

baby_123:

grin grin grin

Its scary that some people make time to follow every post of others. Na wah. The silent Nairalander/stalkers/sideliners. grin. When ever i see "i have been following your posts for some time...." i start laughing. That means they have had enough of being in the shadows. grin. Funny stuff. cheesy

Imagine? He's not even a good stalker. If he were, he would have known I wouldn't give such a craptastic post the time of day.

Baby123, you might be the next target. Berra watch your back! grin grin
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 20, 2013
Pls, I want to be followed oh grin grin.

Who will follow me na undecided tongue.

Sissi kill, you nailed it. But one thing I discovered here is that some people thinks being abused means the person loves and wants to correct you. Most times if you do something wrong.
And also, most family uses violence as a corrective means, hence it's no problem for them and they won't term it abuse.
So the nairaland definition of abuse is different.

If you speak right on what it should be they term you feminist, not married, unhappy....etc.

Anyway, for the ones that want to hear, "just endure and pray for him" sure you will here it from those you choose to hear from.

After all , marriage na achievement for nairaland cheesy
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 20, 2013
alutacontinua:

Was wondering the same thing too! cool tongue
you care tell me what you mean? Why do you sound surprise?
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by LaShawn: 10:35am On Nov 25, 2013
@Bluuu
I'm convinced beyond all reasonable doubt that your boyfriend is abusive. You don't have to be a victim before taking action o, I think you should run NOW. This issue might seem simple, you might think he calls you frequently Because he loves you or that he doesn't want you to deny him your body for same reason But I'll tell you again and again that if you don't leave, you'd have yourself to blame.

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (Reply)

My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / Husband Caught His Cheating Wife, Snapped And Framed The Picture / Ikoyi Marriage Registry: Info Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.