Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa (1472 Views)

Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole Launches New Airline In Cape Verde? / Jonathan With Pastor Lazarus Muoka At The Lord's Chosen Today (photos) / Lazarus Muoka Of Chosen Prays for Jonathan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by Atouke: 11:55pm On Sep 18, 2013
Ethiopian Airlines, the fastest growing airline in Africa, won the Passenger Choice Awards for "Best Regional Airline in Africa" on September 9, 2013 at a gala event held in Anaheim, California.

According to a statement from the Ethiopian, the Passenger Choice Awards were created by the USA based Airline Passenger Experience Association (APEX) to give voice to airline passengers. APEX encompasses a network of professionals that are committed to providing an outstanding airline experience for passengers around the globe.

"I would like to thank our passengers for their resounding vote of confidence. This is a strong confirmation that Ethiopian has become an airline of choice by millions of customers. In our belief of continuous improvement, we will continue to expand our strong network of connectivity of 76 international destinations in five continents operated with one of the youngest and most modern fleet. We will enhance our award winning customer services flavoured by Ethiopian Hospitality both on ground and in the air.

The award is also a recognition and an encouragement for all Ethiopian employees all over the world, who are working hard every day to make our Pan-African airline shine high in the sky. I thank them and call upon them to continue giving their best in the service of our passengers," said Tewolde Gebremariam, CEO of Ethiopian.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201309130562.html
Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by Horus(m): 12:10am On Sep 19, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv62Mxjjsr0

Ethiopia Airline Boeing 787 "Dreamliner"
Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by redsun(m): 12:13am On Sep 19, 2013
For some reasons ethiopians tend to think they are more mentally superior than the rest of the africans.I don't know if there are good grounds to assume such perspective with their long little adulterated history.But going by the way starvation ravages there as a result of chronic famine,it makes one begin to wonder.
Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by Atouke: 12:17am On Sep 19, 2013
redsun: For some reasons ethiopians tend to think they are more mentally superior than the rest of the africans.I don't know if there are good grounds to assume such perspective with their long little adulterated history.But going by the way starvation ravages there as a result of chronic famine,it makes one begin to wonder.

What has this got to do with the topic?

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by Ikengawo: 12:18am On Sep 19, 2013
the country has the lowest IQ in the world according to statistics.
congratulations on the award though
Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by Atouke: 12:19am On Sep 19, 2013
Ikengawo: the country has the lowest IQ in the world according to statistics.
congratulations on the award though

What has the IQ got to do with the topic? cant you spot the contradiction, A country with Low IQ will not run the best Airline in Africa!
Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by redsun(m): 12:21am On Sep 19, 2013
It is got to do with the fundamentals.The children have to be fed first before self actualization.
Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by Atouke: 12:32am On Sep 19, 2013
Am Ashamed of the views espoused by redsun and ikengawo on this thread some of us give Nigeria a bad name can you imagine what this fools said about Ethiopians! this fools i bet have never been to ethiopia yet they claim to know their IQ from the comfort of their mats on the thatch floor of their thatch tent. why do you make a hasty generalization about a ppl you dont know?

How can the country with a low IQ run an airline thats the best in Africa? where is the National carrier of the so called giant of Africa?

the tribalism that we show towards one another in Nigeria is more deep rooted than i thought. so we see other Africans through the same lenses.
God help some of us nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by redsun(m): 12:44am On Sep 19, 2013
Atouke: Am Ashamed of the views espoused by redsun and ikengawo on this thread some of us give Nigeria a bad name can you imagine what this fools said about Ethiopians! this fools i bet have never been to ethiopia yet they claim to know their IQ from the comfort of their mats on the thatch floor of their thatch tent. why do you make a hasty generalization about a ppl you dont know?

How can the country with a low IQ run an airline thats the best in Africa? where is the National carrier of the so called giant of Africa?

the tribalism that we show towards one another in Nigeria is more deep rooted than i thought. so we see other Africans through the same lenses.
God help some of us nigerians.

Don't get me wrong,i think it is a great achievement having a functional airline in africa where countries like nigeria cannot maintain a national local airline or shipping.And their are other commendable things they do like,long distance athletics, coffee productions and distributions,aswell as relatively organized stock markets.But why so many lack chronically there is what baffles me,especially with the way they carry themselves as africa most advanced culture.Even the rastafarians and so many other western orientated blacks tend to see them as superior to the rest of the home grown african.

There is something amiss.
Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by Atouke: 12:51am On Sep 19, 2013
redsun:

Don't get me wrong,i think it is a great achievement having a functional airline in africa where countries like nigeria cannot maintain a national local airline or shipping.And their are other commendable things they do like,long distance athletics, coffee productions and distributions,aswell as relatively organized stock markets.But why so many lack chronically there is what baffles me,especially with the way they carry themselves as africa most advanced culture.Even the rastafarians and so many other western orientated blacks tend to see them as superior to the rest of the home grown african.

What do you base this on? have you been to ethiopia before? How many ethiopians have you meet?And what would you say about the attitude of an average Nigerian? dont Nigerians also behave and boast as if they own Africa?Am very sure that you are one of those nigerians who feel you are better than other africans.

The ethiopians are exhibiting self confidence if that baffles you then you might have some issues with your self esteem which you need to resolve. it has nothing to do with Ethiopians.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by IGBOSON1: 12:54am On Sep 19, 2013
redsun:

^^^I think you're confusing their 'cultural' and 'historical' pride (which is quite in order) with 'economic' pride.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by redsun(m): 12:57am On Sep 19, 2013
Atouke:

What do you base this on? have you been to ethiopia before? And what would you say about the attitude of an average Nigerian? dont Nigerians also behave and boast as if they own Africa?

I hope to be there,but in the mean time i have come across a lot of ethiopians outside and i am strongly connected with our western brothers and sisters here.I know how they think.

I follow their athletics very well,because they and the kenyans tend to be the only africans that rob shoulders with the rest of the world in that field and they make me proud whenever they win.
Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by Atouke: 1:01am On Sep 19, 2013
redsun:

I hope to be there,but in the mean time i have come across a lot of ethiopians outside and i am strongly connected with our western brothers and sisters here.I know how they think.

I follow their athletics very well,because they and the kenyans tend to be the only africans that rob shoulders with the rest of the world in that field and they make me proud whenever they win.

then why did you make such negative statements about your fellow Africans. that am sure if some one made about Nigerian you would be livid? why don't you just show some decency and remorse by retracting your earlier statement?

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by Ikengawo: 1:02am On Sep 19, 2013
you're taking you comment too far. I was strictly and specifically speaking of the person that said something about the feeling of intellectual superiority. I personally don't believe in the validity of those things but a comment aimed at his specific response.
Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by Atouke: 1:08am On Sep 19, 2013
Ikengawo: you're taking you comment too far. I was strictly and specifically speaking of the person that said something about the feeling of intellectual superiority. I personally don't believe in the validity of those things but a comment aimed at his specific response.

Where is your statistics to support the claim of lowest IQ? can you back that up or you just wanted to make a hurtful remark.
Learn to rejoice with your brother when he has good news so that goodnews will be @ your door not the other way round.

Your hurtful statement had no bearing with the topic rather than celebrate their success you tried to put them down with your hurtful comment.
am not taking anything too far you know what you wrote and if you had any decency you would retract that statement rather than defend that trash as you are doing.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by redsun(m): 1:10am On Sep 19, 2013
Atouke:

then why did you make such negative statements about your fellow Africans. that am sure if some one made about Nigerian you would be livid? why don't you just show some decency and remorse by retracting your earlier statement?

It is not negative,it is factual.But that still does not stop me pointing out the goods and counteracting with the shame of letting those children and elderly suffer needlessly.

Do we actually have to blame the world and nature for the plights of ethiopia or ethiopians themselves?
Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by Atouke: 1:15am On Sep 19, 2013
redsun:

It is not negative,it is factual.But that still does not stop me pointing out the goods and counteracting with the shame of letting those children and elderly suffer needlessly.

Do we actually have to blame the world and nature for the plights of ethiopia or ethiopians themselves?

you know what you are a despicable human being i do not want to have this conversation with you anymore if you still fail to acknowledge your wrongdoing. if i were the moderator i will hide your posts on this thread.

Go and join other tribalistic threads where your invectives will be well appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by redsun(m): 1:20am On Sep 19, 2013
Atouke:

you know what you are a despicable human being i do not want to have this conversation with you anymore if you still fail to acknowledge your wrongdoing. if i were the moderator i will hide your posts on this thread.

Go and join other tribalistic threads where your invectives will be well appreciated.

Oh yeah! I thought you were reasonable and that you could see from different angles.But you are straight in your ways,ashamed and afraid of the the obvious truth.

You know what?Those who accept their problems,finds solutions.
Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by remarkD(m): 1:35am On Sep 19, 2013
The OP meant for the trajectory of the thread to be along the lines of air travel (no intended pun lol)... but it seems you wanted to go a whole different route altogether....

not wanting to derail any further, with apologies to Mazi Atouke - by the way you ain't Ethiopian, are ya?) I kinda dated this beautiful, nice and sexy petite Nubian queen called Desta when she lived in the W. Virgina/D.C. area one summer like that... kinda miss her *sniff sniff*
redsun:

Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by Ikengawo: 3:00am On Sep 19, 2013
i suppose my statement was ill timed, i retract it.
Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by Atouke: 3:25am On Sep 19, 2013
Ikengawo: i suppose my statement was ill timed, i retract it.

Good job thanks for taking it back As africans we must learn to love our brothers.
Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by Ikengawo: 3:37am On Sep 19, 2013
I dont have them. The only reason i said that was because someone said they believe they are intellectually superior, which idk if it's true or not but I was just bringing up a statistic i felt was related to the issue. Anyways I don't want to be painted as someone that hates ethiopia, i have nothing against the country or it's people.
Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by awardeetroll: 4:34am On Sep 19, 2013
I am amused nigerians look down on ethiopians. Just cus you were born in oil producing land doesnt mean you are above anyone. Even with all the oil wealth your country is in shit. You have nothing in the form of indigenous heritage in the form of science and art. In fact with out the intervention of the british you would still be in the bush hunting and gathering and would have remained barbaric bushmen. So thank the British for educating you, and making you a country. And learn from Ghana how to live decent cus honestly when ppl say nigeria what comes to mind is thieves, scammers and drug dealers. Adios!
Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by ofala(m): 4:59am On Sep 19, 2013
I cant say much about Ethiopians but their effort in improving ET Airline has really paid off. You wont regret flying it as an African. Was scared at first but after the first and second trips, i have reasons to give them kudos. As a Nigerian and supposedly 'giant' they beat us hands down there BUT on a serious note, i hope they will accord us their lovely hospitality after our Super Eagles must have beaten them black and blue very soon in the two legged last World Cup soccer qualifier ties
Re: Ethiopian Chosen By Passengers As Best Airline In Africa by lurvy: 6:22am On Sep 19, 2013
[size=15pt]I dont know the yardstick used in rating the airline, but anyways i say congrats to them. I've flown them a couple of times and i really dont feel any much flying experience different from their neighbours " Kenya airways".
One thing I dislike about Ethiopian airways is that they are fond of delaying flights! but I like their international airport at Addis, Nigeria needs to learn from them on how to improve our airports. [/size]

(1) (Reply)

2015: Jonathan Can Run - Atiku / Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign / The Problem With Having Kwankwaso In Apc- House Rep Kawu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.