Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,506 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola (2060 Views)

Obiano Signs 17bn Golf Resort, High-Rise Projects With Pinnacle Solutions-Pix / Eko Atlantic City To Have 1,200 Skyscrapers / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by Nobody: 12:42am On Sep 19, 2013
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos state Tuesday reiterated the commitment of his administration to reduce the housing deficit in the state, saying "not less than 1, 200 high-rise buildings will be erected in the ongoing Eko Atlantic City."

This came as the France Minister of Foreign Trade for France, Mrs. Nicole Bricq, expressed his country's readiness to strengthen the level of bilateral trade and agreement with the Lagos State government.

Fashola who disclosed this during a courtesy visit by the French delegation led by the minister, held at the state House, marina, said that the reclaiming of the 10, 000, 000 square meters, meant for the Eko Atlantic City, was a battle between man and nature.

It will be recalled that the state has reclaimed 50 percent of the land required for the construction of the city. The city is expected to provide accommodation for 250, 000 people and become the workplace for a further 150,000.

According to him, "a new city will emerge from the reclaimed portion of land. And we expect that not less than 1, 200 high-rise buildings will spring up from there. That is the future that we seek for Lagos state. It will be a place that will be bursting with activities."

The governor said "The protection work hasn't reached its preferred destination. As we progress, we will protect our shoreline. We see clear evidence that the success of the technology where it has been restored."

He however said that the state government has commenced the payment of compensation to the owners of the land acquired for the construction of the 16, 000 hectare Lekki Free Trade Zone project.

Speaking earlier, Bricq said that the French government has discovered that Lagos state is important to the countries developmental agenda.
http://odili.net/news/source/2013/sep/18/304.html

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by Nobody: 1:13am On Sep 19, 2013
Front page material! Lets go there!!

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by globalaid(m): 1:24am On Sep 19, 2013
Real fresh air indeed.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by agbameta: 1:55am On Sep 19, 2013
Ilu Eko a tu wa lara o.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by PapaBrowne(m): 2:36am On Sep 19, 2013
Impressive. That would be big as it will give Lagos the title of the city with the second highest number of skyscrapers.

Do I see this as possible? Why not. But it might take another 50-200 years to hit that number. Hong Kong has the highest number of scrapers with 1250. New York- 582, Tokyo- 410 and Dubai- 285.

Actually and factually, I wouldn't expect that much given that VI which should currently have a good number of scrapers has only built 1 structure above 20 storey in the last decade despite an intense oil boom. Scrapers are expensive and you would need a real international economy to achieve that. If Lagos can seek to be the future Africa's financial hub, then it surely would place itself in the running for such a feat.

My only fear be say, make the ocean no go vex one day oh.

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by agbameta: 2:41am On Sep 19, 2013
PapaBrowne: [s]Impressive. That would be big as it will give Lagos the title of the city with the second highest number of skyscrapers.

Do I see this as possible? Why not. But it might take another 50-200 years to hit that number. Hong Kong has the highest number of scrapers with 1250. New York- 582, Tokyo- 410 and Dubai- 285.

Actually and factually, I wouldn't expect that much given that VI which should currently have a good number of scrapers has only built 1 structure above 20 storey in the last decade despite an intense oil boom. Scrapers are expensive and you would need a real international economy to achieve that. If Lagos can seek to be the future Africa's financial hub, then it surely would place itself in the running for such a feat.

My only fear be say, make the ocean no go vex one day oh. [/s]

Abeg spare us your usual ignorant nonsense,
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by manny4life(m): 2:45am On Sep 19, 2013
Very good, but here are my concerns

1. I honestly believe they made a mistake when they said 1,200 because I think they added another 0 instead of 120, they wrote 1,200.

2. When he said housing deficit, he makes it sound like the average lagosian can afford to live in this city. Truth be told, this is for the rich or upper class, middle class can't afford it, therefore, this isn't necessarily reducing the "housing deficit", I think it's otherwise. There's some form of deception here.

As for other news, it's good to see work is going on as planned, but I can't wait to see the final project, this will be interesting.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by PapaBrowne(m): 3:29am On Sep 19, 2013
agbameta:

Abeg spare us your usual ignorant nonsense,

Oga olodo, ba oni?
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by agbameta: 3:39am On Sep 19, 2013

http://dar.dargroup.com/Projects/LAGOS-MAINLAND-CENTRAL-MODEL-CITY-MASTERPLAN

^^^^^^^^ Next in line...

We'll re sculpture that landscape block by block and brick by brick...

eko o ni baje o

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by Ikengawo: 3:45am On Sep 19, 2013
This will remedy Lagos' housing problem by making the land all over lagos cheaper.
the rich will prefer to live there and the poor won't have to compete with millionaires for land on, at least, the main land.

I'm worried that this my sap it luster of VI and Lekki in a very profound way if those two areas don't find a means of sustaining themselves outside of housing. Truth be told most Lagosians aren't native to Lagos and don't have any loyalty to one part of lagos over another other than where they find a home. It will thus be very easy for the super rich to relocate to Eko Atlantic in a heartbeat and leave the rest to the rest.

They should start thinking of ways to make VI and Lekki more competitive or Lagos may become one of the most unequal cities in the world. I suggest building more industries there and better amenities (schools and hospitals)

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by solomon111(m): 3:47am On Sep 19, 2013
Lol.
Fashola styled Deceit and delusion.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by agbameta: 4:23am On Sep 19, 2013
Ikengawo: This will remedy Lagos' housing problem by making the land all over lagos cheaper.
the rich will prefer to live there and the poor won't have to compete with millionaires for land on, at least, the main land.

I'm worried that this my sap it luster of VI and Lekki in a very profound way if those two areas don't find a means of sustaining themselves outside of housing. Truth be told most Lagosians aren't native to Lagos and don't have any loyalty to one part of lagos over another other than where they find a home. It will thus be very easy for the super rich to relocate to Eko Atlantic in a heartbeat and leave the rest to the rest.

They should start thinking of ways to make VI and Lekki more competitive or Lagos may become one of the most unequal cities in the world. I suggest building more industries there and better amenities (schools and hospitals)

The primary effect is going to be instant real estate crash and natural real estate price readjustments in favor of middle and low class Lagosians.

With the same leadership vigor, pride and dedication, I see a new and very modern Lagos, it's just a matter of time and they just need money and investments to keep rolling in. Eko Atlantic is set to be a huge money bank and tax base for Lagos. Taxes from 250,000 residents and 150, 000 workers payroll tax and also from the state's investments in transportation from land to sea, rail and air.

They've geographically mapped every inch of Lagos state for this or that intended purpose from economic to residential, retail/shopping industrial, farming and so on. VI itself has a master plan detailing 1km of waterfront promenade, hotels and central park..
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by agbameta: 4:25am On Sep 19, 2013
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by musiwa1a: 4:32am On Sep 19, 2013
1,200 high raise on what land. On top of the sea.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by iterator25: 5:48am On Sep 19, 2013
musiwa1a: 1,200 high raise on what land. On top of the sea.
on top your papa head sad
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by agbameta: 6:17am On Sep 19, 2013
iterator25: on top your papa head sad

lmao...
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by okooloyun1(m): 6:17am On Sep 19, 2013
Why abuse her papa?
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by ba7man(m): 6:26am On Sep 19, 2013
Hmmmm.....Very soon, the answer of "I stay in Eko-Atlantic" will be in vouge, when people are asked, "where do you stay".

Make i go hustle.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 19, 2013
Big dreams!!
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by mascot87(m): 7:04am On Sep 19, 2013
God Almighty,please when my friends that are doing legitimate businesses and those that are working legitimately without embezzlement are renting and buying house in Ekò Atlantic in the future,may I also be privileged to own a house their with money I made legitimately only cool

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by homesteady(m): 7:46am On Sep 19, 2013

Haba! gringrin
That was harsh now!
Please apologise to musiwa
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 19, 2013
Now that's what's up...
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by iterator25: 7:59am On Sep 19, 2013
homesteady:

Haba! gringrin
That was harsh now!
Please apologise to musiwa
In my next life
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by kokoA(m): 8:09am On Sep 19, 2013
you have desecrated the throne of the great Aare of Niraland, his royal highness Engr/Photographer Musiwa1 - 200. You must tender a public apology and come along with the following items for cleansing: 1 alligator lizard, 2 gallons of palmwine, a black he-goat and 1 high resolution cannon camera.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 19, 2013
That one na vision 2100. I just hope they did past, present and futuristic environmental impact analysis.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by grafikii: 8:26am On Sep 19, 2013
How i wish lagos had enough funds
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by iterator25: 8:30am On Sep 19, 2013
kokoA: you have desecrated the throne of the great Aare of Niraland, his royal highness Engr/Photographer Musiwa1 - 200. You must tender a public apology and come along with the following items for cleansing: 1 alligator lizard, 2 gallons of palmwine, a black he-goat and 1 high resolution cannon camera.
undecided
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by iterator25: 8:31am On Sep 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: That one na vision 2100. I just hope they did past, present and futuristic environmental impact analysis.
china can make it happen in a decade
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 19, 2013
Thats too harsh
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by Smooyis(m): 8:56am On Sep 19, 2013
Ride on. Fashola for President 2015, Okorocha for Vice Presidooo. Eko o ni baje o.
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by Mylove55(f): 12:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
globalaid: Real fresh air indeed.
from apc
Re: Eko Atlantic City To Have 1, 200 High-rise Buildings – Fashola by Ikengawo: 4:19pm On Sep 19, 2013
At this pace, by 2050 Lagos can very well surpass New York

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With This Picture?????????? / Protest at INEC headquarters by APC is Foolish - Gov Obi / Bolivian President Declares Israel A 'terrorist State'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.