Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

What Did You Learn At Church Today? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did You Learn At Church Today? (41349 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Photos: Pastor Bakare's Surprise Birthday Celebration At Church And SNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Seun(m): 1:31pm On Jun 04, 2006
Hello there,

Can you tell us what you learnt at church today?

Thanks a million!
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by exu(m): 4:33pm On Jun 04, 2006
This should be interesting.

I realised something the other day- the only time that I was ever taught about hell/damnation was as a very young, very impressionable young boy.

After the age of 14 I was never to hear the message of hell again.

After the age of 16 I never went to church again (save for Christmas and the occasional Easter).
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by rotbog(m): 5:01pm On Jun 04, 2006
I wasnt In Church Today. Maybe Next Week grin grin grin
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by molluma(f): 5:12pm On Jun 04, 2006
emm i actually missed church today.will definately get bac to you next week
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by retro(f): 5:13pm On Jun 04, 2006
I didn't go to church. Actually, I don't go to church.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by 4Play(m): 5:16pm On Jun 04, 2006
I learnt that sexy chics are hard to find in Church
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by retro(f): 5:17pm On Jun 04, 2006
4 Play:

HAHAHAHAHA
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by LiquidMind(m): 5:55pm On Jun 04, 2006
I learn that without my enemies my life would not have been so prosperous and funfilling cool

I thank God for all the people that reject & turn there back on me,

God bless my enemies

I AM EVER INCREASING
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by bolex(m): 7:45pm On Jun 04, 2006
ma pastor preached about da vinci code , holy grail & all other documentaries

he proved all of them wrong

grin

By the way , he said if it was ___________ people accused of what is against thier religion, the whole world would be in flames by now

ordinary cartoon , the whole world was shaken

grin

he put a disclaimer :

God will always fight for Himself , Let no 1 fight for HIm . . .

If Baal is God , let him fight for himself

cool
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Seun(m): 9:18pm On Jun 04, 2006
My masters, please this thread is for Christians to discuss what they learnt at church. Thanks.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by larger20(m): 9:45pm On Jun 04, 2006
Actually my bishop in NY is a woman which might sound odd to many of you here. I have searched and searched for a church that will fit my type of person and I am glad to find this church.

A church that belives that every denomination provided its christianity, you are welcome to the church. Our liturgy combines catholic, anglican and penticostal rites however the church is owned by anglicans. Visit http://www.trinitywallstreet.org/ every sunday to join us for online service. If you live around NY, I strongly encourage you to attend this my church.

In todays sermon, the lady spoke about the penticost and the significant of it in our lives. There was a time people with difrrent languags started reciting in tougues as a cermonial rites of the penticost day in the church
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by mlksbaby(f): 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2006
I enjoyed the short message in church today:

The Power of a God-Given Vision.

Summary: Pretenses are very dangerous to the life of a believer - live simply and consistently.
                If you have a God-given vision, you will not easily derail from your God-given goals.
                Use your gifts to serve others, not self.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by queen2(f): 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2006
I enjoyed the short message too

it was about thanxgiving, giving thanx to God in watever situation ur in, be it good or bad, alwayz give thanx to God,

we read from psalm 100 vrs *thinks* can rmb the verse, but the whole of verse 100 i think is about giving thanx to God, we also read I thessalonians 5 vrs 18.

My pastor preached talked about learning how to give thanx to God cuz thats wat we will do wen we get to heaven.

We prayed for the whole world, UNITED NATIONS particularly and our countries. i prayed for NIGERIA.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by dominobaby(f): 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2006
Today was thanksgiving service. Asides, we read 4m isaiah 48. 1-8, and we were admonished to declare new things from God into our lives. Boy oh boy! I needed dat sermon today.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by DaHitler(m): 5:18am On Jun 05, 2006
I learned I am going to hell because I don't obey. cool
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Skidoc(m): 6:56am On Jun 05, 2006
4 Play:

Who said? I saw one yesterday. kiss tongue
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by bolex(m): 8:21am On Jun 05, 2006
Ma pastor said something about women having more problems than men

he said :

When men go to strippers clubs , they always stay cool sipping their beer while the women are performing their madness

but when women go to strippers clubs , the moment the man ____________ lipsrsealed , there is MADNESS in the air

grin

That is so true you know  grin
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Gwaine(m): 10:09am On Jun 05, 2006
But wait first, wetin your pastor find go strippers club? B'cos, me - I no see d connection as yet.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by otokx(m): 2:09pm On Jun 05, 2006
I did not go to church but my pastor preached on the fact that many nigerians don't rest or take a vacation and end up in sickness and disease. Take out time every now and then; treat yourself to something different.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by folkzy(f): 5:31pm On Jun 05, 2006
I learnt about putting on scarf or hat to church . From hearing the message with quotes in the bible from my youth worker in church. I learnt a lot n i hve stopped going to church without scarf/hat.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by bolex(m): 5:37pm On Jun 05, 2006
yes

it makes you look decent @ funke

you need to wear your scarf & cover your hair when going to church

cool
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by chosenbabe(f): 5:41pm On Jun 05, 2006
for some people, not everyone
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Consultant(f): 5:32am On Jun 12, 2006
What I Learnt in Church Today, 11th of June.

Topic: "Working with the Anointing". Concluding part of a series - "The Church in the Workplace"

Major points to note:

Your secular job is a calling from God.

Deut 8:18
But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day. KJV

The purpose of God's financial blessings on you is to establish HIS purpose on the earth.
Christianity extends beyond going to church on Sunday, we are representatives of Jesus in the world and that includes our workplace, When we are effective at work, we bring glory to God.

How do i get anointing to operate in my work?

1. Before you go to work, sharpen your axe.
Have you ever tried cutting wood with a dull axe? That is what we are when we try to work in our own strength, outside of God. Prepare yourself by reading the Word to receive wisdom, and by committing your work to God every morning in prayer before you dive into the day.

2. Work as an act of worship to God.

Colosians 3:23-24 NLT
Whatever work you do, do it with all your heart. Do it for the Lord and not for men. Remember that you will get your reward from the Lord. He will give you what you should receive. you are working for the Lord Christ.

3. See your work as an opportunity to serve others.

Mathew 20:28 NKJ
The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve,

Phil 2: 3-4 NKJ
Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

4. Put yourself in a position to be used by God

Acts 20:24 LB
But life is worth nothing unless i use it for doing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus - the work of telling others the good news about God's mighty knidness and love.

God didn't just put us in our workplace to make money and satisfy our own material wants but to influence the lives of those we come in contact with.

To listen to this message online, go to http://www.victorywc.org/sermons.asp.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by favourite(f): 9:46am On Jun 12, 2006
we were taught in church today to always forgive any offence so that it wont hold us down from being lifted. no matter what
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by gbadex1(m): 8:24pm On Jun 14, 2006
i was taught in church last Sunday about God's grace.
summary->
<it's by God's grace and JC we're redeemed, and not by works of man.>

later on, i'll post up something about what the pastor said. bless, wink
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by otokx(m): 2:07pm On Jun 17, 2006
We had a visiting pastor who told us to shun materialism. He said it has robbed the church of her power. He said the early church having eternity view went about witnessing and evangelizing but now we are thinking of cars, houses and money.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Reverend(m): 5:44pm On Jun 17, 2006
I learned that 99% of people in church can not sing grin
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by retro(f): 8:16pm On Jun 17, 2006
Reverend:

I learned that 99% of people in church can not sing grin
True.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by SirKay3(m): 1:21pm On Jun 18, 2006
LIVING A LIFE THAT PLEASES GOD:

Living a life that pleases God must start from turning to God for salvation from sin. After being born again, you must depend on the grace of God to live a daily, victorious Christian life in submission to the will of God.

The world we are living in is totally currupt, so we are not to conform to the dictates and things of it, rather we are to live a Spirit controlled life daily
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by retro(f): 1:26pm On Jun 18, 2006
Isn't going to church EVERY sunday sort of boring?
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by ccobiora(f): 3:17pm On Jun 18, 2006
repent and be saved . thats it
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by molluma(f): 3:20pm On Jun 18, 2006
well today is fathers day so i learnt how to be a good father.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Leke Adeboye: 'RCCG Is A Threat To Islam In Nigeria' - Pastor Adeboye's Son Says / German Church Opens Doors For Muslim Worshippers During Ramadan / Stephanie Otobo: "I Was Not Paid To Confess, I Will Name My Sponsors In Court"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.