Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:07 PM

Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala (1672 Views)

Top Benefits Of Buhari's Foreign Trips Thus Far / Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test / PDP Has Created Many Wealthy Nigerians- Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by ochejoseph(m): 7:46am On Sep 19, 2013
CO-ORDINATING Minister and Minister of
Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has dismissed
calls for her to resign, stressing that she cannot
do so while the economy
is doing well.
Her reaction came on the heels of the call by the
Governor Rotimi Amaechi-led Governors’ Forum
for her to quit the stage following what the
governors described as
non-performance in the discharge of her duties
to the nation.
The minister, who was asked whether she would
heed the governor’s call and resign, said: “Do I
look like a person who wants to resign? I dey
Kampe.”
According to her, the administration was
creating jobs and that is the main focus of the
President Goodluck Jonathan’s government.
“I want to start from job creation because this is
the main way that Nigerians feel the impact of
what is being done by this administration. This is
an issue that Mr President had insisted on and
focused on.
“Now, in agriculture where we are seeing a
strong results, over 2.5 million seasonal and full-
time jobs have been created. When I say
seasonal, for example, in rice, 460,000 of the jobs
created were seasonal. But overall, over 2.5
million jobs have been created.
“In nine commodity chains, in cassava, in
soghum, in oil palm, in cotton, cocoa, dry season
rice, rainy season rice, maize, etc. So, we are
creating jobs for skilled and unskilled people in
this very important area of the economy,” she
said, adding that investments were being done in
the manaufacturing sector.
In the area of manufactruing, she said, “specific
investments are going in. Indorama company is
making an investment of $1.2 billion in
petrochemicals, fertiliser, particularly. They
have already closed on the financing for this
investment to be situated in Port Harcourt and
the environs. Then, Proter & Gamble of the US
that has built a new factory and they have
invested $250 million in manufacturing baby
products.”

www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/21943-i-wont-resign,-the-economy-is-doing-well,-says-okonjo-iweala.html
Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 19, 2013
2.5 million jobs? shocked

Biggest joke of the year!

grin

10 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 19, 2013
Huh
Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by siraj1402(m): 7:59am On Sep 19, 2013
emmysenior: Huh
Waiting I hear? lipsrsealed
Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by malc619(m): 8:01am On Sep 19, 2013
GEJ and his gang of liars??

grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by jmaine: 8:02am On Sep 19, 2013
Ride on Madam . . . .Who no wan wish you well , make them go nod Olumo rock . . .

No time . . . . . . cool

5 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by grafikii: 8:03am On Sep 19, 2013
This woman lie pass devil, 2.5 million jobs and you are still having nightmares?
God punish you.

8 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by OuchDaddy(m): 8:05am On Sep 19, 2013
Lienus Okonjo Iweala!

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by fagbalex(m): 8:08am On Sep 19, 2013
jmaine: Ride on Madam . . . .Who no wan wish you well , make them go nod Olumo rock . . .

No time . . . . . . cool

you must be suffering from hand or mouth cancer to utter such a hypocrites statement. well no be your fault its your bigotry mentality.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by Clerverly: 8:10am On Sep 19, 2013
She meant 2.5m jobs in armed robbering and kidnapping. Nigerians and lack of English Language Comprehension cheesy

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 19, 2013
berem: 2.5 million jobs? shocked

Biggest joke of the year!

grin
Typical of Buhari babe. You never believe any positive news but you embrace negative news with both arms. Are you a winch?

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 19, 2013
April fool in September!!!
Ma'm, stop feeding us with fake statistics and let me remind u...ASUU is still on stike
Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by kokoA(m): 8:13am On Sep 19, 2013
Why do elders lie so much?

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 19, 2013
April fool in September!!!
Ma'm, stop feeding us with fake statistics and let me remind u...ASUU is still on strike
Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Typical of Buhari babe. You never believe any positive news but you embrace negative news with both arms. Are you a winch?
Ifeanyichikwu, are you one of the jobless Nigerians also employed by Okonjo Iweala? Tell me the 2.5 million is real!

LWKMD! grin

4 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by adavetee(m): 8:21am On Sep 19, 2013
Guess you created the jobs for the birds in the sky. Cos I can't find any in my hood. My cousin is still @ om sewiosly searching for "any" job that will enable him to leave home every morning.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 19, 2013
grafikii: This woman lie pass devil, 2.5 million jobs and you are still having nightmares?
God punish you.
grin grin
Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by rooftech: 8:24am On Sep 19, 2013
these people are very wicked.i have said evil people are running nigeria
imagine this woman o

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by jmaine: 8:24am On Sep 19, 2013
fagbalex:

you must be suffering from hand or mouth cancer to utter such a hypocrites statement. well no be your fault its your bigotry mentality.

Please head to Olomo rock and head butt it . . .Who cares . . .

You all feel 2.5 million jobs is impossible in a poll of over 40 million unemployed graduates . . .
Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by afdynamic(m): 8:26am On Sep 19, 2013
2.5m jobs?

Wen wil dis madam stop all dis BOBO 4 God's sake.
She thought everybody is a LEANER like dos who will believe dis shit.....

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by jmaine: 8:26am On Sep 19, 2013
grafikii: This woman lie pass devil, 2.5 million jobs and you are still having nightmares?
God punish you.

40+ million - 2.5 = ?

Should she be comfortable with the deficit . . .
Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by omanzo02: 8:29am On Sep 19, 2013
For those castigating the woman and screaming, how many of u find yourself in the sector the finance minister mentioned?.

If u don't then u can't feel the impact or see what is taking place, and our lazy journalist don't care to investigate and accertain these facts. Even in advanced world if information of happenings are not brought to the people they feels their politicians and administrators are incompetent or inactive.

4 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by ochejoseph(m): 8:35am On Sep 19, 2013
Yes 2.5 million jobs

Was it ghosts that helped in the Renovation of all airports across the Nigeria ? No jobs were created .

How many people and machine does it take to construct 12 brand new universities From scratch at good speed ?
Don't forget all the lecturers academic (ASSU) non Academic (NASU) And senior staff (SANNU) members employed to run them

How many individuals went back to their abandoned cocoa farms making cocoa our 2nd highest export earner? Thousand equipped with new black pod resistant varieties .

My friends who were Jobless and today are now rice farmers courtesy of GEJ young farmers rice revolution must be counted !
Most rice packed as foreign are actually local ask the CBN gov rice import down by over 50% = more jobs

I won't forget Elizabeth Onoja my SURE P grant award winning Neighbour who recently employed several people using the grant ,

The rails were rehabilitated its rehabilitation(ongoing ) is still creating Jobs lest not forget the New business of rail container movement which has created brand new businesses and opportunities has to be accounted for

Ask people at the railway terminals Bizne$$ has been Good

Innoson is expanding dangote is expanding his new refinery alone will Create over 85 000 direct jobs thanks to favourable Govt policies

In a country of over 170 million people 2.5 million direct indirect and seasonal Jobs is still small but we are making progress , and soon we will get there

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

6 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by omanzo02: 8:38am On Sep 19, 2013
Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by omanzo02: 8:40am On Sep 19, 2013
jmaine:

40+ million - 2.5 = ?

Should she be comfortable with the deficit . . .

Most Nigerians, the educated inclusive don't understand how difficult job creation is, countries like Spain, England, Germany and USA has been finding it difficult to creat jobs for the unemployed which is not up to 3 million each.

If previous government had put in effort the deficit should have been narrowed by now.

Fact is the 40 millions unemployed would take more than 15 years to put to work if the government is focus.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by 1radioguru1: 8:43am On Sep 19, 2013
This woman is suffering from overdose of sarin gas. I wonder if we live in the same nigeria with this people self.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:47am On Sep 19, 2013
Aunty please keep those jobs coming great effort.
Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 19, 2013
Can she give us a breakdown? In which industries, which companies, which states and towns?

Surely we would know if such an amount of jobs has been created. undecided

Meanwhile at least 40 million are still unemployed.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by funnyx(m): 8:51am On Sep 19, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Aunty please keep those jobs coming great effort.

So because she's your aunty make we chop these lies? Na sentiment dey destroy Nigeria. I'm sure that by the time this inflated clown leave the govt she'll have no reputation left.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 19, 2013
"Do i look like a person who wants to resign? i dey kampe."
I like this part.
She is a woman of substance and dignity,a proven woman of good economic reputation and reptitude.
Imagine a bunch of clueness rascals telling her to resign.
Silly fools.
Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by ochejoseph(m): 9:50am On Sep 19, 2013
God punish you.

Check the facts ! Before abusing people am sure u did not read the new before commenting
Re: Federal Government Has Created 2.5 Million Jobs Thus Far - Okonjo Iweala by Demdem(m): 10:33am On Sep 19, 2013
And the frog eyed liar has done it again.
Shameless fool.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sokoto Dep Gov To Remain In PDP / History 103-Yorubas In 1993 Election;sheer Cowardice Or Selective Bravery / Group Wants Igbo As Lagos Deputy Governor In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.