Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Is Marrying A Divorced Man A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Marrying A Divorced Man A Sin? (1371 Views)

Getting Married To A Divorced Man Or Woman Is A Sin? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marrying A Divorced Man A Sin? by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 19, 2013
Heloo friends!!
A friend of mine. is worried because there is a man She likes and everything! Recently he asked her to marry him but she Has always held back because she fears it is a sin to marry a divorced man

Does it mean that all divorced people are not to marry again or what?

Pls your advice will be appreciated! Thanks.
Re: Is Marrying A Divorced Man A Sin? by okenwa(m): 9:47am On Sep 19, 2013
This is technical, being divorced in the first place means that the man has no need of woman[s][/s].....or he does not want d previous woman, however, that does not mean he can not do without a woman. She is adviced not to marry him immediately without finding out d reason why he is divorced in d first chance
Re: Is Marrying A Divorced Man A Sin? by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 19, 2013
okenwa: This is technical, being divorced in the first place means that the man has no need of woman[s][/s].....or he does not want d previous woman, however, that does not mean he can not do without a woman. She is adviced not to marry him immediately without finding out d reason why he is divorced in d first chance

His reason for divorce is that the ex did a blood oath with her bf ergo she can't let go of him and she finds it hard having sex with him(the husband)
Re: Is Marrying A Divorced Man A Sin? by Image123(m): 2:39pm On Sep 19, 2013
1Co 7:10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
1Co 7:11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

i thought it doesn't get more simple than this.

1 Like

Re: Is Marrying A Divorced Man A Sin? by soapdish(f): 3:01pm On Sep 19, 2013
@image, what if the ground for divorce was adultery?
Re: Is Marrying A Divorced Man A Sin? by Image123(m): 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2013
soapdish: @image, what if the ground for divorce was adultery?
But the ground for divorce is not adultery na, it is irreconcilable differences cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Marrying A Divorced Man A Sin? by ojoyentalk: 4:17pm On Sep 19, 2013
I think the difference here can be reconciled as long as both parties are born again. The marriage covenant is far greater than the blood oath in question. The blood of Jesus cleans us from all sins. All d wife(not ex) need do is to confess and believe that the old covenant is nullified in christ. If ur frnd goes on to marry d divorcee,it is an adultery. Let her trust God for her man. Remember the road to heaven is strait(narrow and difficult).
Re: Is Marrying A Divorced Man A Sin? by soapdish(f): 4:19pm On Sep 19, 2013
I know but I wanted to know if Christians who got divorced on grounds of adultery can remarry. Thank you.
Re: Is Marrying A Divorced Man A Sin? by alexleo(m): 4:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
Image123: 1Co 7:10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
1Co 7:11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

i thought it doesn't get more simple than this.

This is it. Thanks.
Re: Is Marrying A Divorced Man A Sin? by alexleo(m): 4:42pm On Sep 19, 2013
soapdish: @image, what if the ground for divorce was adultery?

Even if its adultery, none of them is permitted to marry another person. They can only remain single. Any entanglement with another is adultery.
Re: Is Marrying A Divorced Man A Sin? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 19, 2013
ojoyentalk: I think the difference here can be reconciled as long as both parties are born again. The marriage covenant is far greater than the blood oath in question. The blood of Jesus cleans us from all sins. All d wife(not ex) need do is to confess and believe that the old covenant is nullified in christ. If ur frnd goes on to marry d divorcee,it is an adultery. Let her trust God for her man. Remember the road to heaven is strait(narrow and difficult).

Thank you. What about if she refuses to denounce d oath?
Re: Is Marrying A Divorced Man A Sin? by soapdish(f): 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
alexleo:

Even if its adultery, none of them is permitted to marry another person. They can only remain single. Any entanglement with another is adultery.

Ok. Tnx

(1) (Reply)

Church Members Mistreat Homeless Man In Church Unaware It Is Their Pastor In Dis / My Fiancee Says No S*x After Registry But Until After Church Wedding. / Is It A Sin To Get Pierced Or Tatooed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.